• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers: Cosmic Soldiers (OOC; OPEN to co-GM)

fhtZoVOl.jpg

ZEO

A sapient crystal of limitless power predating even the stars themselves. Forged in the immeasurable heat of the Big Bang, it has bore witness to the rise and fall of countless species and civilizations in the infinite expanse of the cosmos.

In time, many of these civilizations learned of its existence and of its power, seeking to use it to further their own selfish aims.

Should the crystal fall into the wrong hands, an unyielding age of darkness would consume our universe. To safeguard the cosmos from this threat, ZEO imparted a tiny fraction of its power into six fragments of itself. Each fragment in turn selected a righteous champion to wield that power against those that would seek to abuse it.

These champions would come to be known as...

a7DAV0zl.jpg

Premise
So, I grew up on Power Rangers in the early 90s. I watched every episode without fail, even the reruns, and I loved nothing more than roleplaying (though we didn't call it that) Power Rangers with the other kids on the playground. I wanted to do Kung-Fu like Trini, and gymnastics like Kimberly.

Naturally, though, I grew up.

My range of interests broadened, and yet...I still remembered my childhood love of power rangers fondly. When I saw the fan film a couple of years back, and then heard about the reboot, I was naturally ecstatic. I went to see the movie on its early showing, and while I wished the Power Rangers spent more time suited up, I still loved what I got.

While it's clear I draw inspiration from this movie, it's not set in the same universe. The storyline is different, and follows a different course. It will be similar in tone to the recent film, but is not at all bound by its lore. Also, less Krispy Kreme.

Note that when I say it will be similar in tone, I mean it will be less campy and more serious, but it is NOT "grimdark". I personally found that fan film to be ridiculous for several reasons.

I'm still looking for a co-GM. The co-GM position will require someone with some experience in GMing in the past.

I will write a very generalized plot and outline for each major saga of the RP, which only the co-GM will see. Their job will then be to control the villains and progress the storyline as they see fit. While they should stick to my rough outline of the plot, they'll be free to do as they like otherwise. This is because I wish to play the Green Ranger, and do not want to have an unfair amount of control over the game world compared to the other rangers.

All other positions are filled at this time, so unless you're specifically applying for the co-GM position, the RP is closed!

Character Thread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back