• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers: Bio Strike

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Neither Lucas nor Tidal really new how to react, or they had ideas but didn't dare to do a thing. Calvin was way beyond pissed. They half suspected anything, even the slightest wrong word or move might set him off, and neither wanted that to happen. Don't anger the guy with an assault rifle.
"The largest part of Earth is a Wasteland, everything out there is in shambles and we're suggesting to launch nuclear missiles..." Lucas paused and gave the others a pair of thumbs up. "Great plan, can't go wrong." His tone was joking. Sure, they all hated the Armada with everything in them, Calvin was pissed as can be, and Olivia meant well, but it didn't keep him from pointing out the oddness and insanity of the situation. He grinned minder his visor. Of course they weren't going to acactually send nukes into space... or thetwo city. At least he sure hoped so. The world was fucked up enough as it was already.
"If we're going to launch nukes, Armada will be the least of our problems," Tidal said. "Still, I'm all for kicking Armada ass and remove them from the universe."
"Same," Lucas nodded.

And then came giant Spalek. How did that even happen? Didn't that beam work on only Armada soldiers? Apparently not, which meant bad news, obviously. Lucas and Tidal were disgusted, the former letting out what sounded like a rather colorful curse. How could they do this? Spalek wasn't a part of Armada, he never wanted to be! Splica had killed him and now they were using him to fight for them anyway. That's just low and incredibly disturbing.
"This is horrible," Lucas said, shaking his head in disbelief. The five main zords were called, Lucas getting into the Hauler, and Tidal getting to the side. If they needed his help, there were several zords in zord bay he could man and help out.
"Bio Strike Megazord!" Lucas called with the others as they combined. He kicked Spalek while helping to keep the Negazord steady. This was so wrong....

Spalek cried out upon being slashed and shot, punched and kicked. He was being attack in all sorts of ways! And he didn't understand what was going on. Calvin knew this. The aesthetic of this alien gave him the creeps, but he knew deep down that this was just a would-be father from a far away cluster trying to do what was right under false pretenses. And now he's enslaved...sort of. Like when he was given this second life he lost his mind in the process. What have they done to him??
He swatted at the Megazord, slashing across its chest in defense and desperately fumbling around for something to latch on to and get a sense of what was going on. But this big metal thing is getting in the way! Spalek cried out and emitted a sonic screech, energy from his beak blasting the Megazord back.

It was easy to keep balance but nevertheless tiresome. Calvin upped it a notch and flipped a switch, forcing the helicopter blades from the chest and back onto the Heli arm. "Chopper attack!" The robot then swung its arm at Spalek., the blades going around and around in super sonic speed, acting like a saw blade and giving him a few good green slashes, making the alien fall over and stumble around. The blades returned to the chest in the V shape.
Spalek attacked again, randomly assaulting them with everything he had. Jane and Calvin used the arms to push back. "I'm sorry, Spalek. Guys, finish it," Calvin told the others. It wasn't a request. An affirmative nod came from Jane as she diverted power to weapons and locked on target. As everyone did the same and charged up, Calvin took the pleasure himself. Well...not pleasure.
"Goodbye, Spalek....Bio Strike Finisher!" He said and frustratingly initiated the attack, the Megazord saber slashing down in full force across the aliens chest. Spalek stood still, sparking up and clucking in pain. But right before he fell...he felt free. No words. He collapsed, exploding rather small and soon becoming nothing but an ashen cloud in the sky to be evaporated by air filters...
"Threat terminated," Calvin said. Jane let out a breath. She was glad that was over...
---
After enough time had passed, Calvin and the others returned to HQ while the Zords went to the Zord bay. He and the team were in the command center with the Captain getting the usual debrief. Jane was perfectly normal, but Calvin was...different.
He found a chance to speak up. "Sir, if I may? Spalek told me his planet was also overtaken by the Rexian Armada. And that the egg meteor we retrieved from help of the Landsharks contained his child...but ti was badly mutated. We spared it a miserable existence by killing it. Spalek assumed we killed it without justification and attacked. He was only a father from another world...looking out for his child. An innocent. And he was struck down by the Empress." Calvin explained.
Jane let out a breath....what happened to all aliens being bad guys? She felt...sad. And she usually doesn't feel anything other than annoyance at other people in a playful way. "Shit..." was all she could say.
"I'm questioning some beliefs of mine. An alien, a bird-like one at that, was perhaps the most pitiful creature I'd ever met. Is it out of character to feel any remorse, Captain?" Calvin asked, seeking some guidance.

Stabilizing units. Maintaining power and essential systems. That's what Olivia focused on. Drew did the same, also helping with attacks when he could. Bird Brain--...well that's in poor taste. Spalek had put up a real fight in his blind moments of power. For an alien who gained Calvin's defense and trust he sure was a scrapper Hell bent on taking them out. But he almost didn't give off the same vibe as before. Sure he was an attacker not too long ago but he appeared to have no licks of sense. A mindless killing machine? Or mindless killing bird? A...zombie? If zombies are going to be a thing now, might as well call it quits on the Earth. Huh. Maybe some people have been spending too much time with Jane when she's talking about her video games....
Drew gave an approving gesture as Calvin used the Heli Zord's chopper blades as a weapon. Never thought of that before! A random thought of why Calvin's zord isn't called Bio Chopper instead of Heli filled his head...Wilson must have a weird naming system. He nodded as his friend made it clear he wanted this to end. "Affirmative!" Olivia said just as Drew would have spoken. They put power into weapons and did what they had to do.
"Bio Strike Finisher!" Followed by a slash. And in unison, they'd finally killed Spalek. But there weren't any victory cheers here. It was grim. Something was different. Both Olivia and Drew looked to Calvin as he provided the log that they'd eliminated the danger. It wasn't a threat they had terminated just now. It was... something harmless.
---
Back the base, Captain Scott had greeted the Rangers upon their return. Dr Wilson assured them all on Tank's status and the other Zords in the bay. All looked good! Both of them had noticed right before debrief as Wilson left to go back to his lab that Commander Taylor wasn't the same. Poor guy. He just didn't look right...by calculations of his in-suit monitoring system, he was stressed, angry, and...sad? Maybe that's how you'd describe it.
Drew and the others were all at attention, being dismissed shortly before Calvin had spoken up. What he said was...breath taking. This Spalek was the father of the monster from the wasteland? A very mutated monster...technically just a baby. Drew felt sick to his stomach hearing that...he didn't really know the age of the monster, but now he knew it was a...child... God, he may throw up. Olivia held her breath. "Spalek only sought justice, then... it really was a misunderstanding," she said quietly and made sense of it.
"I had no idea. Normally the aliens coming to Earth aren't so nice...we misjudged him," Drew admitted, not throwing up. Whew. Just because he was an alien didn't mean he was a threat...maybe that's the same for many others out there? It has to be, especially if the Armada unjustly takes over worlds.

"Commander," began the Captain, "I would be worried if you had felt no remorse. Spalek was an alien. He attacked us. But it was under--to him--good intention. He wanted to avenge his child, and as a father I can safely say I would do the same. But it was all just a misunderstanding and he proved to be kinder than most aliens. And he was killed. Calvin, you may be afraid or cautious of alien life but that doesn't mean you're blind to innocence in it. His death can mean something to you, that's alright. Grieve. Mourn him. Use that, remember that beings like Spalek exist. And that that's what we fight for," he said. "That's part of why you were chosen, Taylor. You've got heart, and you're the most honorable man I've ever met."

Even after being attracties by that supersonic screech, fighting Spalek felt wrong. He had been turned into a mindless killing machine. Which maybe was for the better. If he realized what he was doing while being used by Armada... well that may just make things worse for him. The poor guy had suffered enough. Best take him down as fast as they could and end Spaleks suffering. Lucas gave an affirmative nod, putting power in the weapon for the finishing attack. "Bio Strike Finisher!" he called with the other four, watching as Spalek went down in a rain of sparks. Yes, the thread was terminated, but it felt so odd to hear it under these circumstances. The lack of victory cheers made sense too. This wasn't the kind of victory anyone wanted. And so the fight ended with a very uneasy feeling in his and Tidals stomachs.

It was good to hear Tank would be fine and that the repairs were well on their way. It seemed all would be well in the end. The debrief wasn't exactly your usual debrief too. The atmosphere was different, especially surrounding Calvin. A chicken-like alien had won his trust and protection and was brutally slaughtered by the Empress, then reanimated to serve as a mindless being. It was hearing who Spalek really was that finished things off. The father of the monster of shortly before. The chicken ravaging the wastelands, a mutated baby spared from a miserable existence. "It all makes sense now," Lucas said softly. Spalek had just wanted to avenge his child, thinking they were the villains. This really wasn't making the sick feeling any better. If anything, he only felt worse now. Poor Spalek... Poor baby out there too.... Tidal was just speechless, well... mostly. "That's disgusting... what Armada did, I mean. The situation." Spalek wasn't disgusting. He was just an alien trying to protect his child, his people, and had died while doing so. The Captain was right. Anyone in Spalek's position would to the same thing, and it would be wrong if they didn't feel bad over this. Spalek wasn't evil, he was just another innocent life lost to Armada. The two guys nodded in agreement with Captain Scott's words. Couldn't have said it better.

Jane rested her hand on Calvin's shoulder. "The Captain's right. Don't feel bad mourning him. Even if you are sorely afraid of chickens," she said. He didn't laugh...but he did smirk slightly. "Spirit of Honor has to mean something right?" She asked. And it did. There's a sense of honor about feeling such emotion over an alien life form in this world. Elements of other personality aspects as well, but mostly honor. He truly cared about this death. And it is this death that he will remember from now on. He's seen a lot of people die, but he hasn't felt like this towards a non-human. He wanted to honor Spalek's memory somehow...but that would come at a later day. For now, this moment was what mattered.
"Thank you, Captain. I still don't know exactly how to handle this. Some heavy beliefs are in question. But now I at least have a sense of...calm, about this. Spalek deserves a memorial, one day. I'd like to add his name to the fallen, with your permission, sir." He genuinely wanted this. It would help. Also, it'd let the City Defense forces know...they aren't alone.

Pulling the others aside for a moment after enough time went by, Jane made a small announcement. "So, guys. In an effort to change the subject...who wants to go pound the punching bags and then have Lucas make us dinner?" She suggested.
Calvin glanced over from his moment with the Captain. "Oh, I'm game for that. But no bird meat of any kind," he said. Almost in his usual tone. He'll be okay, just this day sucked. His team members are big help though.

A most sensible request, one he could completely back one hundred percent. "Of course. I'd be honored to sort Spalek among our fallen. His name shall be a symbol to our people. As well as a beacon of hope," spoke the Captain like no other. He shook Calvin's hand gladly, patting his arm reassuringly. He knew that Calvin would be alright, just this was an odd turn of events. The fight only gets stronger from here on out, however. He had permission to add his name to the list. Beliefs to be put in question was normal. Especially with honor being his thing. "And Commander? If you need to speak of this any more, my office is always open," he said softly, just between the two of them. He saluted Calvin with pride and nodded his head at him. Drew and Olivia were glad this day was behind them. It had been so long...like it just wouldn't end with the torment of an innocent life being ended.

They went off to the side with Jane. Drew put his hands on Lucas' shoulders from behind and shook him. "Hell, why even hit the bags? Let's eat!" Drew said, lightening it up. A good leader always does that!
Olivia rested her hand over her stomach. "I could eat. It has been a long day." both nodded as Calvin asked for no bird...because...no... At least Calvin was on board. Good to hear him be him again.

"Hey, what happened to my say in this?" Lucas laughed as Jane suggested he'd make them dinner after punching some bags, then followed up with Drew suggesting to skip the punching and get straight to the eating. "Ah, who am I kidding. You guys know you're always welcome at my place. And that I love cooking." No bird meat... that part made a lot of sense, especially after today. And he had remembered a dislike for fish on Jane's end... and Olivia's, but that might just have had to do with Marin back then... ah well. Plenty to cook that didn't involve bird or fish.

Tidal laughed, not at what was going on between Calvin and the Captain, but at the relief the situation was lightening up, and the thought of dinner at Lucas' place. "I'm all for free food, especially when he made it," Tidal said, pointing at Lucas. It would be nice to just unwind and hang out. All six of them. And likely Eveline, if she wasn't staying at the base with the soldiers. Something told him she'd be there.

Looked like they'd be skipping the bags then. Some people might prefer mindlessly pounding into an object that can't fight back and is meant to take serious punishment, but oh well. Can't speak for everybody on how to relax and have a good time. Calvin shook the Captain's hand quickly before joining the others upon dismissal. Now it looked as if they were to go eat! Jane licked her lips in anticipation. The first time she went to Lucas' place her mom made her wear this dorky outfit to look all nice. At least now she can go without planning and looking normal. And with a snazzy City Defense jacket! "Let's go, then! Come one, time's wasting, my stomach is growling more than Tidal when he's trying to be brooding but goes to play with his cat," she said, pushing everyone out of the room. Damn, she's surprisingly strong!!! Duh, they all knew that, and Drew, Lucas and Tidal have all fought her before--two of them under mind control that one time--but still! Dang, son! Onward to food!!!! And a gory movie if the others can be talked into it.
Calvin complied and left with his team. His friends. Today had been a long one, one he wouldn't soon forget. He hated chickens, and up until this point had been a comically side focus of personal conversation with everybody. Now he'd seen an avian alien die...innocent, just surviving. Life outside of Earth can't all be evil. That's a goal worth fighting for...a galaxy, a universe free from tyranny. No matter what beliefs Calvin has about aliens in space, he knows that some have to be good. Maybe he won't e as apprehensive in the future. Nor should the others. Caution is a standard, but don't always seek to kill what you don't understand.

End of Arc 27.

Arc 28: Child's Play

Today was a wonderful day in Inezia. It was getting closer and closer to summer, and it sure showed. The artificial sky was blue and nearly cloudless, the sun was shining, it was pleasantly warm... just all in all it was promising to become a very good day. Sean's parents both had to work, and Lucas was done with college relatively early, so they had agreed Lucas would pick him up from the daycare and spend some time in the park. It seemed there were more people having a similar idea. Some teens, parents with other little children, elderly people... there were quite some people in the park enjoying the weather, playing, or just hanging out. And if anyone was expecting Lucas to just sit back and watch over a playing toddler... wrong. He was being chased down a field by not one, but six little kids all about around Sean's age. To some people it may look like a strange kind of reverse tag, where all the kids are "it" and they're trying to catch him... but it wasn't quite the game they were playing. "You'll never defeat me!" he called at the kids. Huh, that line sounded familiar, didn't it? He turned around and dashed past the kids again, but not before giving them a chance to cling onto him and try to pull him down to the ground. People watching the little scene just smiled. Chances were they assumed one of the kids was his... Which should technically be possible... but no thanks, not just yet. College first. And he didn't even have a girlfriend. Or an ex... Nope, he was mainly just the babysitter here. And having fun himself too.

He spotted a familiar figure strolling down the path near the field he was at. Hah, another rare day off, hm? he thought to himself as he recognised Olivia. "Hi!" he called to her and waved. But as he did, there was a short moment he didn't pay attention to the kids behind him. A moment that was gladly abused by said children. Before he could say another word and with Olivia hardly having a chance to respond, he was tackled to the ground and he had all six kids sitting on top of him. "Didyu 'splode?" Sean asked.
"Yes, Sean. I exploded." The six kids started to cheer and happily jump around as Lucas got back to his feet and dusted himself off. Well, that was mildly embarrassing... But hey, that's what you get for playing with these kids. "Day off?" he asked Olivia. How much had she seen?

Tidal had quite gotten caught up in reading a book. One he'd "borrowed" off Olivia. Well, really she had just left it laying around somewhere and he'd picked it up. He had intended to return it, really! Just... well, he got curious, read a few pages and now.. Ehm... Well, by now Olivia may just have started wondering where that book went. He was just relaxing in one of the open placed in HQ. An inside garden, if you will. It was open, but surrounded by the rest of HQ, so only people living or working here would have access to the place. It was a perfect spot, really. Especially since he could just let Sally roam free here without worrying she'd get run over by a car. Tidal had put the book aside for a moment. Now he was just watching his cat chase a butterfly. She was jumping around, leaping at trees, wiggling her tail... just being a totally adorable little cat.
---
On the main ship of the Armada, one of the strangest guests yet arrived. A typewriter monster may have been weird, but this one looked like it had wandered straight out of a combination of a child's bedroom and a horror movie. The monster carried a wicked grin on her face and had one glowing orange eye. She threaded lightly, almost as if she was dancing around the hallways. The other eye was a blue button, and only this being knew whether she could actually see through it or only had one eye to look with. But other than the wicked grin and scary glowing eye? This one looked rather odd and out of place. Yellow and orange "hair" out of some unknown material hung in two pigtails on the side of her head. She was wearing a pink frilly dress, carried a scepter that looked like a baby;s toy complete with the big smiley face on top and overall she looked like she'd fall apart if struck with a sharp object just once. Ragdoll had arrived, and made her happy way to the Emperor's throne room, where she walked in moments later.
"Hello~" she greeted the Emperor and Empress cheerfully before she bowed to them. "I've been summoned here?"

Artificial summer was quickly approaching. Those who worked the weather system kept track of what the real time of year was on Earth so they could mimic it in the domes. Helped keep the domes feeling real as possible and the people as comfortable as they can. Sometimes it gets tweaked so it isn't too hot or cold. Controlled climate has its benefits. Not saying that the world being over run with pollution is a good thing but there's a silver lining to living in artificial cities. A faint silver lining, at best.
But as summer was drawing near, people soaked up all of the warmth as they could. Business as usual for all working to protect the city, as well. Olivia had been blessed to have a couple of days off of work. Granted, a day off for her has never been a real day off. Always something that needs to be done. And almost every day since the last big attack, the Armada hasn't been quiet so she and her friends either separately or together dealt with it. Yesterday she actually a full day of relaxation and a bit of a break. Today promised to be the same! The Captain relieved her up until tomorrow, rewarding her for her constant hard work back at the base. She would have liked to have read her book today, but...she lost it. She swore, it was right there in the commons area! How does a book just disappear like that? Sprout legs and walk off?
She was on an afternoon stroll through the park just basking in the light and scrolling through her cell phone and looking at some article online about how apparently almonds are the new super food. She begged to differ.

Out the corner of her eye she saw a certain person getting her attention, even hearing him call to her. She looked up from her phone and kindly waved back at the sight of Lucas, then widening her eyes as a group of children got him on the ground. Walking over to the scene she listened in as who she knew was Sean and other kids asking if Lucas blew up. Not in those words, though. Hmm, running around...six kids, exploding? A game inspired by something...else?
She nodded after Lucas stood back up and slipped her phone into her pocket. Casual attire meant pockets!!! "Day off. Babysitting?" She replied and asked Lucas. He predicted her, and she was bound to do the same. The children waved at her while catching their breath after playing.
"Well hi there. What game were you all playing?" She asked them softly with a gentle smile, bending down to get closer to them all, pushing her hair behind her ear.

No grease and cars today. Today instead of the auto shop or headquarters, Drew was at the hospital with Isaac. Routine check-up. But he had to admit the hospital scared him more and more after Isaac collapsed the one time after the attack of Infectoid. That buzzing creep made the healthy sick and the sick even sicker. At least now Isaac isn't going to faint and get super ill again. He hoped, anyway. In the examination room, Isaac was sat on the bed and Drew in a chair off to the side. Katie, the nurse Drew'd gone out with before, came in to check on them while they waited for the doctor. "Everything okay?" She asked, bright green scrubs poking through the doorway as she peered around the door.
"Yup, all good," Isaac replied. Katie nodded happily and gave Drew a coy smile. Maybe she was still kind of into him. After she left, Isaac looked at his brother. "She's totally into you."
Drew scoffed playfully. "Maybe. But that's not your business," he said, tongue out.
---
Another failure. Stupid stupid failure. Urthemial had really given Volmour and Splica a good scold after the previous loss, sparing no expense in expressing his anger toward them. Especially Splica for rubbing in that she walked away with both of her eyes in tact. But oh that could change. A curious thought came into mind, however. That word...the Yellow Ranger's sister had said it, as did he himself. It wasn't a language Urthemial knew, nor did Splica. While staging a new plan they had decided to enter it into a database and look up what it meant among Earth language. Appalled to their findings, both rulers were absolutely insulted!
Urthemial looked up 'piseag' and found it to mean 'bitch', among some other...profanities. Some very...sexual. He scoffed and felt faint, collapsing into his throne and ordering a squad of Dytrons enter the room just so he could smack them around. The nerve...it's...it's disgusting! Oh he's never!!!!!
Splica looked it up as well. But she came up with a final result as 'kitten', a common animal on Earth Felines are a huge craze, and apparently are very...cute. Splica found images of what it looked like. "Oh, now that is hideous. How dare I be compared to such a vile repulsive creature!"

Current day, the rulers had summoned their generals to the throne room as the arrival of a new field commander came was upon them. As the monster came in...it looked like a toy. A massive, decrepit child's play thing. "What...is that?" Urthemial asked.
The Empress stood and greeted the creature with kindness. "This is Ragdoll. I summoned her," said Splica. "Ragdoll might look less than adequate, but she has a brilliant power. And a scheme that will make the Earth so much easier to take. Tell them, my dear." She told the monster, gesturing over toward an organic life form in a cage off to the side. It wasn't from Earth...whatever it was, it was from a far away world, a wild animal. It was on this, Ragdoll could display her power, then present her plan for Inezia. Then Earth.

Working never sounded so fun, honestly. Ever since she'd gotten that job playing/testing video games for a living, Jane has had it pretty smooth sailing from that point. School was okay, almost done this semester. And work outside of the main business was perfect! She'd been tasked with testing a beta of a new MMO coming out. This time without getting sucked into an evil trap resulting in her fighting for her life. She just had to see how it ran and provide feedback, also looking for any visual oddities. But instead of doing this at home, she did it at HQ. Her parents had really been getting really antsy about the wedding coming up. Planning and perfecting every detail. And her sister was off in lala land with her fiance just awaiting the time to come. Plus they were bogging her down over her dress and how it 'accidentally' met a cruel end. She'd need a new one. She hated dresses...can't she wear a nice pants suit? Women can look really good in those!
Anyway, she'd taken her laptop to HQ and made her way out to the small common area. The garden? Did HQ always have a garden? It's probably fake. But it was cool. She spotted Tidal and while on her laptop waved...with her foot, carrying the computer and sitting down, resting it on her lap.

Calvin appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Ever since Spalek, he's been sticking around HQ when there wasn't work to be done, training harder and harder. And totally pounding the crap out of punching bags and dummies. Time for a break. He greeted Tidal and Jane, also Sally by petting her head. "Oh you're gonna regret putting your thing in my space!!!" Jane blurted, focusing on the game and how an enemy deployed a turret in Jane's characters space of attack, disrupting her current ability from being used.
Calvin snickered...out of context.....that totally sounded inappropriate. "Jeez, he can at least buy you diner fir--"
"Finish that sentence and I take a frying pan and shove it where sun don't shine and fry up whatever's left of your body after I'm through with you," Jane said immediately. Calvin paused and shut his mouth...slowly backing away. "OHHH IT COMES IN PURPLE!" Jane shouted, looting an enemy, some piece of armor coming in that color. She was happy. Calvin nudged Tidal's arm. "You uh...you ever wonder if she's insane enough to really go through with that stuff?"
---
Volmour's failure deserved all of the scolding he got. Slips of coding in his mind told him he was a fool and forced him to punish himself as well by electric shock. Robots get charged from that though, so after tons of that he just ended up on super speed for a while and manufactured dozens of Dytrons and other assorted foot soldiers.
He showed up in the throne room as asked and watched as the...Ragdoll, which is exactly what it looked like, entered the room. "A...toy?" He thought aloud.

"Babysitting," Lucas nodded. Funny how they could predict each other like this. Then again, it was pretty obvious. One of the braver kids looked up at Olivia and grinned. "We were playing Power Rangers," the boy said.
"Do you wanna play too?" Sean asked, looking up at Olivia. Lucas looked at her as well, crossing his arms and grinning, almost as if teasingly challenging her into saying yes. Even if it would be just for a few minutes, it sure would make these kids' day. And besides, it was fun! Local kids playing Power Rangers, pretending to be the colourful heroes saving the city from scary monsters. Or in this particular case, a somewhat awkward babysitter. Who happened to be a Power Ranger, but of course those kids didn't know that and shouldn't know it either. Just one rule Olivia if she were to say yes, didn't know but would figure out soon enough: if you're grown up, you're gonna be the monster, and you will be tackled to the ground by a bunch of preschoolers. And then they'd ask if you exploded.

Tidal turned to look at Jane as she entered the garden and waved back. Then Calvin walked in too. Sally jumped up slightly to bump her head in Calvin's hand. Because Sally has turned out to be a very affectionate cat. She then continued chasing butterflies. Tidal laughed along with Calvin. Out of context that was indeed a terrible sentence. The chuckle turned to a full laughter as Jane threatened Calvin and then followed it up by shouting something came in purple. He shrugged as Calvin asked if Jane would actually follow through with her threats. "Do you really want to find that out?" he asked.
---
Actera too seemed confused at seeing Ragdoll. She looked like a toy indeed, definitely not something capable of conquering a planet or pose any kind of trouble to the Rangers. In fact, this creature looked... laughable. Not to question the Empress, but how could this possibly be useful?

"With pleasure," Ragdoll made a small bow and turned to the organic creature in the cage. She twirled her staff and a beam shot out if it. Upon hitting the animal, it... changed. It turned into definitely the same creature, but much younger. The Feline-like being turned into... a kitten! Ragdoll giggled. "I can turn any organic and semi-organic being into a defenseless child. Now, are a bunch of children able to defend the city, let alone the planet? I don't think so. A city or planet full of children is not only easy to take over and rule, but all citizens can be raised as loyal servants to the Armada. You will have no one to oppose you!" Ragdoll was giddy, not just proud of her plan, but also eager to fulfill it. Soon the Power Rangers would be nothing but little children, hardly capable stopping themselves from pooping their pants. Taking over the city would be child's play once there wouldn't be any one left to properly defend the city.

Olivia nodded at Lucas and smiled at the kids. "Power Rangers, eh? Who's your guys' favorite Ranger?" She asked the kids, super interested. Really she was interested in hearing the kids' favorites. She suspected Red or Shadow would be the main answer (playing off that Red and the 6th is usually the favorite of many). Being invited to play was nice, as well, these kids definitely were playful. Granted adults had to be monsters and ultimately get tackled and 'blown up' by the end of the game. Certainly sounded appealing, playing a game like that with some cute kids. But her friend seemed to be having so much fun, why spoil it?
"Actually I think I'll sit this one out, if that's okay. But I do know that Lucas here is actually a super secret monster, so bad that not even the Rangers can stop him. So bad he's even absorbed other monsters so he's extra evil," she told the kids, setting Lucas up for what was likely an ambush of small children. No regrets.

A groan came from the teenager on the exam table bed thing. "I swear, you need to go out more," he said. Drew provided an eye roll. He'd gone out with Katie once, so that was enough for a while. And the date was super fun and enjoyable, as well. He'd definitely do it again some time...if he wasn't somewhat interested in somebody else.
"I get out enough. I've done good in managing stress and adapting to everything...I have lots of fun," Drew told him. And it's true. Drew never became super strict and boring, but after a while the role of leader did take its tole and he got stressed out. Nothing some backup and reassurance didn't fix. Now he's the same old Drew, having fun and just living his life. Kicking butt on the side.
"Still it wouldn't hurt if you had more dates. Katie again? What about that girl on your team? Jane?" Isaac directed. Drew nearly choked. "Trust me, Jane wouldn't go on a date. She'd rather spend a night punching something."
"Well...why not make that a night out?" Isaac asked. That's...huh. Spot on, actually.
The doctor walked into the room, greeting the guys, asking Isaac if he were excited to graduate soon, as well as turn 18, etc. So began the check up. Time for lots of tests and a new prescription medication.
---
Splica chuckled and turned to Urthemial as Ragdoll displayed her power and told of her master plan. "What do you think?" She asked him. The Emperor stroked his chin and rose up, carrying his scepter as a walking stick and approaching this overgrown children's toy. He took a good look at the now-baby animal in the cage. Oh this was too good. What better way to overtake the Earth? If he can't simply kill his enemies, reduce them to infants and crush them young! Or raise them to be obedient slaves! He nodded approvingly.
"Yes, yes. Ragdoll, this is sufficient. I want you to turn everybody in Inezia into a small child and leave them defenseless! Strip them of all dignity and maturity!" The Emperor commanded. Splica laughed. "Very good, my dear Ragdoll. You will fulfill your plan, and kill any in your way, won't you?" She asked, petting Ragdoll's head with her pointed, mechanical-esk fingers.

Furiously tapping at the keyboard, Jane was eagerly looting and equipping her character with the purple gear she'd found. She didn't know it came in other colors!! Purple!!!! "Ohhh and there's an attack bonus, hell yeah!" She said, mostly to herself, almost as if the two guys weren't even there. The laughing made her remember them. Something about playing a game that really only you have access to is just so...thrilling. And immersive! As soon as summer vacation rolled around, she'd have free time to play more games at last! It was quite a sight to see her actually playing a game in person...her eyes never looked so focused.
Calvin shuddered to think Jane's actions may be acted on one day. Zoinks! "No I do not," he replied as Tidal posed probably the dumbest question ever. Who wants to face full tomboy fury? No one.
---
The display of power from this life-sized doll was down right amazing. Incredible what it could do... The animal in the cage had been changed into a baby. Perfect! No need to kill, just de-age their foes! Simply perfect. "If I do say, this is perfect. We can crush the Rangers one by one as infants when they're too stupid to fight back. I don't want to raise the babies, however. It'd be simpler to kill off the world as we turn them into children. The the whole planet would be rightfully our property." Volmour interjected, not go go against this plan. He liked it well enough, just slaves are nothign compared to dead bodies.

The kids all excitedly told Olivia who their favorite rangers were. All six kids had a different favorite, which just happened to be the ranger they were playing. So all rangers were the favorite of one of the kids.

Lucas pretended he looked as shocked as he could muster without laughing. "You promised you wouldn't tell!" he said. Oh, she was not just going to get away with this. He was having fun, yes, but more people wouldn't ruin the fun. If anything it would make things even better! "Well, if you're going to spoil my secret, then I'll spoil yours," he grinned, a hint of mischief in his eyes. This was going to be fun. "You see... she's actually an evil scientist who made all the monsters I absorbed," he told the kids. Then he turned at Olivia, definitely about to burst into laughter. "And this is the part where the two of us should run," he whispered, moments before three of the kids dashed after him, and the other three went for Olivia. Way time turn that ambush right back in her. No regrets.
---
It was kind of amusing to see Jane so absorbed by her game like that, making comments to herself, pressing the key if her keyboard so hard one would wonder how it wasn't broken yet. "You weren't supposed to answer that," Tidal commented dryly. Of course nobody wanted to find out the full tomboy fury. Except someone with a death wish, maybe. He stood up with a small sigh, plucking Sally out of a low branch of the tree. "Don't do that," he said to his cat. "You'll only get stuck again, silly."
---
Ragdoll giggled at the praise and twirled around. "Thank you, thank you," she said. "And rest assured, I will. Those who I can't turn into a child will simply be turned into ashes!" Okay, now that combined with a menacing laugh and the fact she looked like an overgrown tot really did come straight out of a horror movie.

Actera nodded, mostly to herself. Though this monster didn't look capable, het plan was truly brilliant. Raising all of Earth as obedient slaves who wouldn't fight against them? Brilliant.
---
After playing for a bit more, it was getting time to head home. Granted, it was still early in the afternoon, but they couldn't stay there all day, now could they?
"Are you boyfriend and girlfriend?" Sean asked as, looking from Lucas to Olivia. Leave it to a three-year-old to ask those questions. Lucas chuckled nervously and was pretty sure he just felt the blood rushing to his cheeks.
"What? No, but we are good friends though," he said.
"Oh," Sean almost seemed disappointed by the answer and remained silent for a moment before he crossed his arms and huffed, looking at the both of them again. "Well, I think you should be!"
Now Lucas definitely blushed. This was kind of uncomfortable. And embarrassing. He only dared to give Olivia a quick sideways glance. "Why that?"
"Well... You're really cool. And you're really pretty" he said to Lucas and Olivia respectively. Okay, now it had gone from being embarrassing to kind of adorable. Lucas grinned as he turned to face Olivia.

"He's right, you know?" he said, falling silent and letting that silence last for a few seconds. His grin the grew even wider and more mischievous as he ran a hand through his hair. "I am really cool.
"You know why he's so cool?" Sean asked Olivia. "Because he's a superhero!" Lucas chuckled quietly. This was going to be good.
"He fights really scary monsters," Sean nodded eagerly.
"Why don't you tell her some more about those monsters?" Lucas asked. Yup, this was good, and only going to get much, much better.
"Well..." Sean paused and thought for a moment. "Last week, there was a really scary monster in my closet... and it said it was gonna eat me. but Lucas made it go away."
Lucas managed to hold back his laughter and gave Olivia the most innocent and yet mischievous look he could muster.

Each of the kids telling their favorite of the Rangers brought on a smile to her face. One for everyone, it appeared. "Personally, pink is my favorite, too," Olivia whispered to the kid whose favorite one was pink. Clearly that's the best one. Clearly. What a fun colored person that Pink Ranger is! Olivia then paused and semi glared at Lucas, turning her head. Evil...scientist...he's having too much fun with this. Almost on a downright weird level. Then came time to run...six children chasing them, three each...joy...
Olivia ran as instructed. But oh was she going to have some payback later...
---
"Then go, Ragdoll. Go to Earth and commence your plan as soon as possible. High time we show the Rangers once and for all who's really in charge around here," Splica said and ordered her field commander to go.
"Let the games begin, then. Do not fail, or I'll rip our all of your stuffing!" Urthemial threatened the monster. So mean! So authentic, really... And he's willing to let Ragoll take Dytrons, as well. Should she want them, that is.
---
After all of that running with the kids, she felt exhausted. How was it that six preschoolers can drain the energy out of... Funny. Actually putting that into words makes a lot more sense then in ones mind. Six small tikes were bound to burn up some energy weren't they? At least they're cute! Who cares if she got a grass stain on her pants? Worth it, in a way. But playtime was just about over, it would appear. Olivia paused and slowly--very slowly--looked at Sean as he blatantly asked if she and Lucas were a couple. She almost choked for a split second. They're just good friends. Really it was sort of adorable how Sean saw things, wasn't it? He really thought they should be a couple, apparently. "Well, how sweet!" She said to Sean as he said she was pretty. Unlike Lucas she wasn't at all embarrassed by this. More like...it's a little kid being a little kid. What's bad about that, exactly? Nothing she could fathom.

"No...no you're really not," Olivia teased as Lucas rolled in the being cool factor. Cringe... She nearly gave him a death glare as Sean said Lucas was a superhero. Had he exposed his identity to a kid? Thankfully no. Superhero as in he got rid of 'monsters' under the bed and in the closet. She grinned as Sean told her this. "Oh now that does sound pretty brave, sweetie. Maybe one day you can be as brave as him," she said softly to Sean and gently pet him on the head. "I"m sure those monsters will one day be afraid of you instead."

"Hey!" Lucas said, pretending to be offended. It was true, though. He wasn't exactly a cool person. Quite the opposite, he thought. A somewhat nerdy guy who loved reading, cooking, dogs, and playing games with his three year old neighbor if he asked him to? Didn't quite qualify as cool, unless you're said three year old neighbor, that is. "I hope so," Sean said, lighting up like a Christmas tree ad the thought of the scary monsters under the bed and in the closet would one day be afraid of him instead. Take that, scary monsters!

A familiar jingle every child in all cities would know caught his attention, as well as Sean's. The nice summery weather had apparently called for an ice cream truck to roll out. Hey, perfect timing, too. Great chance to change the subject and not talk about things that made him feel really weird and likely to screw up around a girl he liked. Wait... what? Nah, fair's fair. After enough teasing from Evie he had come to terms with the idea he may just have a crush on Olivia. But to say that out loud? No way. He had no chance, would definitely screw up, and then things would get really really awkward from there on. So Sean calling them out on it just now... close call. Anyway... ice cream! "Who wants ice cream?" he asked. Sean immediately raised his hand and already started his charge towards the truck. Lucas chuckled at the little guy and looked at Olivia. "Come on," he said, grabbing her hand and pulling her along, just stopping with thinking. Might just be the cheerfulness, or really hoping to change the subject. Or both. Fact was still he was really cheerful today, much more than usually. And hey, ice cream was one way of at least attempting to make up for having those kids chase Olivia.
---
"Of course, of course," Ragdoll bowed again and readied herself to deploy herself and a squadron of Dytrons to Inezia. You need something to distract the Rangers with before turning them into kids. And then crush them! Or have then raised toin fight for Armada. Now that would truly make them unstoppable.

Olivia's tease worked well, it had seemed. Lucas was cool to an extent. Anyone who's this good with kids and manages all of his work and studies? Pretty cool to Olivia. Granted she was raised where being the coolest kid was about who could solve more equations in five minutes. Yeah her upbringing was a smidgen different from most kids. Didn't mean she couldn't agree on other cool things though. She smiled at Sean at his hopes of being brave and looked off in the distance as a song played through a speaker. An ice cream truck! It was old and sort of beat down, but fixed up enough to be appealing. It was one of many things brought into Inezia through salvage, as this isn't a priority of resources. But now it's definitely a nice side addition to the city! Ice cream on a day like this sounded almost perfect. Actually, it sounded very perfect.
She watched Sean eagerly rush off to the truck. A pulling at her hand from Lucas gave her reason to go, as well. She grinned as he asked for her to join. She shrugged and nodded. "Sure," she said and accompanied him to the ice cream truck with Sean and hopping in line with a few other people wanting a delicious frozen treat. She remembered her wallet, so she could afford something for herself. And his would go toward her calories of the day. Gotta stay on somewhat of a diet to remain in shape.
---
Urthemial and Splica nodded as Ragdoll prepared to leave for Earth. "This bag of stuffing had better not fail me," the Emperor muttered. "Oh relax, husband. She will be marvelous."
---
The check up was over, at last. Isaac had been given some new medication as well as a refill on current ones. His heart condition remained the same, but stable. At least he's healthy enough by his standard, it would seem. The doctor excused himself and so did the brothers. ON their way to the pharmacy counter to pick up medicine, Drew waved to Katie over at the nurses station. "Talk to her," Isaac said once they were on their way. Drew nudged his arm. He didn't need a date now...he could have one...but he didn't need one, did he? Are his palms sweating by any chance? Huh. So they are...

A lose of her game tab meant the session was over for now. The beta ran well, and so she would report it on her feedback sheet. Jane immediately filed her feedback in an email on a checklist system, seeing she also had a payment delivered recently. not a huge salary, but definitely enough to say this is a good job for her. She smiled and quickly filled out the feedback, closing her computer and stretching her arms out. Nothing beats a hard days work!
Calvin agreed with Tidal. Seeing Jane play was an intense show to watch. Especially someone of her skill and dedication...and love of action. "Well I did answer it, didn't I?" Calvin said to him quietly, risking no tomboy fury here today. Silly Sally was caught up and need her owners help. Silly cat.
"Hey Tidal. That book...it isn't a romance novel, is it?" She asked, catching a glimpse at the cover. it had a shirtless guy on it...wearing bits of armor on his arm. Either its romance, an action/adventure story or Tidal has a closet to come out of. She couldn't help but snicker and make a face.
---
Volmour breathed. "Surely this will be a better plan than later ones. Have faith, my lord." He told the Emperor. Turning everyone into babies had ought to make their job easier. Another question...what will they do with the animal in the cage? Make it a pet? Release it? Terminate it?

"No you don't," Lucas said with a smile as he noticed Olivia getting her wallet. "It a on me. Consider it an attempt to make up for sending those kids after you." Once their turn came around, Lucas paid for ice cream for the three of them, asking for some extra napkins for Sean. The boy was bound to get his face covered in ice cream sooner rather than later. Sean was very happy with his ice cream, and indeed, just a moment after he had already smeared some on his nose. "Hey now, you can't eat ice cream with your nose, buddy," Lucas smiled gently and knelt down to clean Sean's face. "Had any plans for today?" he asked Olivia out of casual interest.

Tidal turned his head and glanced at Jane as she snatched the book off the ground. "I hope not," he chuckled. "So far it seems to be a bit of a fantasy/science fiction combination. I borrowed it off Olivia." He just... didn't ask her. He found the book fair and square just laying around. And as mentioned... he wanted to return it, were it not that he got curious... but he probably really should return it to her soon...

---

Speaking if soon... Ragdoll soon was ready for her attack on Inezia, beaming down with Dytrons. And while the Dytrons caused a lovely distraction by wreaking havoc, she herself turned those who fled and we're within range of her beam into toddlers. Moments after, the street they appeared on was filled with crying, terrified children.

Olivia rolled her eyes. She wouldn't turn down a free ice cream, however. Just this once. After getting it she delightfully thanked the truck worker and took a small lick of her cone. Sean needing extra napkins was a given...and he already had it one his little face. Such is the joy of being a small child. Olivia used to get ice cream with her father when she was little. Just because they were military didn't mean they didn't enjoy a little father-daughter time on occasion. Especially with her mom having to be elsewhere, she could use the distractions as a girl.
"Oh I was just taking a walk. Maybe going shopping later, just spending the day normally before I have to work again tomorrow," she replied to Lucas' question. "What about you? Are Sean's parents working today or are just watching him for a little while?" She asked with returned casual interest. If he has to take Sean home, they could probably hang out together and go shopping.

Grabbing medicine and swiping the card for payment, Drew and Isaac left the counter and proceeded to leave the hospital. They walked here instead of taking the bike because it was so nice out. Drew gave Katie yet another wave as they exited the floor and took the elevator down to the entrance. The brothers had a small talk about Katie again as well as Drew's love life. Why Isaac had such an interest in that department was anyone's guess. "Don't you have a secret crush at school to be fawning over?" Drew asked him. Isaac immediately changed the subject. Ha!
---
Watching from up in space, the Emperor and Empress watched Ragdoll deploy into the streets of Inezia. Already an entire streets worth of people where turned into babies. And nobody could fight back or defy them. Oh this is easily going as planned.

"I dunno. Shirtless dude seems pretty non-adventure to me," Jane joked. By the title of the book she could tell it was indeed a sci fi fantasy. Didn't mean she wouldn't be unrelentingly pestering, however. What else is she supposed to do? Leave it? Never! Girl's have gotta have some fun doesn't she? Wait, isn't that Olivia's? Both Jane and Calvin were sure they'd seen her reading it before in off-time. Hmm. Maybe he borrowed it. Actually, he said he borrowed it, so that's confirmed! Can't imagine him just asking for a book, however. Tidal didn't strike Jane as a reader. She saw him as more of a 'stare into space and brood' kind of guy. Oh, and a guy with amnesia...mostly, anyway.
"Any good? I mean I don't read a lot but maybe I can listen to an audio version if one got recorded," Calvin put in. With all of the time he spends working out and training, he needs something for his mind to be occupied with other than tiredness and thoughts of getting water before he freaking dehydrated.

"They had to work, and I was off early," Lucas said. "So I picked Sean up from the daycare and spend some time here playing. But his mom should be back soon, so I'm taking him home now. I didn't really have any other plans..." he shrugged. "Want to tag along?" Maybe they could hang out for a bit. Would be nice. He was in a great mood today anyway, so why spend it all on his own? Lucas thought he had done enough research on his thesis for now, and there was no need to stress anymore. Everything had been approved, so he could graduate next semester,a bit earlier than expected, but that was a good thing, really. With all his classes finished for now, he could enjoy the summer. And work. But no more college in a while. Yay! Everything looking up, however, did slightly concern him. After all, if all was going so well, something horrible just HAD to be about to happen, right?

Tidal simply shrugged as he walked over to the two again with Sally on his arm. He sat down in the grass and release the cat, who immediately dashed off again to chase something she had seen crawling or fluttering by. She was so easily entertained. Bag, a string, bottlecaps... anything that could be sat it or be thrown around the room was sufficient. "It's pretty good, yes," he said to Calvin, glad at least someone wasn't naming fun of him for reading. One of the workers at the lab had already jokingly told him "I didn't know you could read". Oy.

Ragdoll laughed. Oh, this was so much fun! So many people were already little children, and none could defend themselves! She swatted a child out of the way and continued her path through Inezia. The smiley face on her scepter turned around, revealing a much less friendly looking face. Now, the beam shooting our of the staff caused explosions. That ought to lure the Rangers out. And then... playtime.

Very kind of him to look after Sean while his parents worked today. Olivia nodded in response and glanced around. Already finishing her cone. Really it was small, so no wonder she was done with it. The cone is the best part, anyway! "Oh, sure. We can go to the mall afterward, or something. I believe there's going to be a big sale in a lot of the stores. Sort of an 'everything must go' deal," she told him. She'd go with him to take Sean home to his mother, and then they could spend the day. Really it's so nice, mildly awkward, and pretty outside. It'd be a shame to waste it. Especially on a rarer day off like this before she had to go back into the routine of wearing a uniform and monitoring her console. City surveillance and all.

Back at headquarters, Dr Wilson was working in his laboratory. On his computer were top secret files only he had access to. He scrolled through data mines and looked for key functions and bits of information. Modifying and observing current technology on a monitor to his right, the main screen was being used for his private project. His team walked around the lab and worked with the weapons, testing them to make sure they work working correctly. One technician nearly dropped the hammer and the ax, laughed at by another tech worker...who then actually dropped the Astro Cannon on anti-gravity mode and ended up shooting himself, floating up to the ceiling and staying there. Wilson looked from his work station and smirked. "What did I tell you about fiddling without the safety on, Jenkins?" Wilson called over. The tech threw his hands up and floated there. "I know, sir...but this is kind of cool!" Said the tech, floating around the ceiling.
Then rang the alarm. Wilson looked up and turned off his computer, leaving the techs to deal with it in the lab and making his way to the command center. He walked inside, meeting the Captain. "Sir?"
Captain Scott has just been watching the city and filing reports. Breeze duty. He rang the alarm as he witnessed a most....disturbing site. "There's a field commander in the city. It looks like a....children's toy." And flooding the street were...children? Toddlers, infants...babies! Just everywhere...what the? Explosions had been caused by its weapon. He leaned into his microphone.
"Power Rangers, there is an attack on the city. Field commander, surrounded by....children. Very young children. I'm sending you the coordinates now. Report immediately," he commanded.

Drew got the alert on his morpher as he and Isaac exited the hospital. The brothers walked on a bit before Drew received it and paused. He looked at the coordinates and nodded to himself. "On my way," he replied.
"Isaac?" he asked. His younger brother nodded. "I can get home by myself. Just go, Drew," he told him. Drew nodded and ran off, seeing where he had to go and making haste.
Olivia covered her morpher on her wrist. Didn't need Sean hearing it. She quickly glanced at it and then eyed Lucas. 'We need to get him home and then go, now' Olivia mouthed to Lucas clearly. If there's an a attack, they need to respond. So much for a nice day. Oh well, duty calls!!!

Calvin nodded. If the book's any good maybe he'd borrow it off of Olivia after Tidal was done. But unlike Tidal, he'd likely ask. With words. He watched Tidal's cat in the grass chasing after something and chuckled at her. Cats were so weird. In some ways like dogs but nothing at all like dogs at the same time. Chasing everything, pooping and having humans clean it up, getting fed by humans, love and attention by humans...huh. When it's put that way it seems like maybe the animal owns the human in some way. Gosh, the Earth may already be dominated...by cute and cuddle creatures.
Jane pulled a random...sock off of the ground? "I think Sally got into someone's room. Or something...unless a hobo lives out here," she said and showed off the sock. She shrugged. "Hmm...oh well, get it girl!" Jane called enthusiastically and tossed the sock out into the open for Sally to fetch after. Hopefully the sock wasn't dirty....or too dirty. Should have through that one through...

They heard the alarm ring and got the alert on their morphers. "Children? What did it attack a daycare center?" Jane asked. "Maybe this one turns people into children," Calvin butted in...completely joking. Wow was he in for a surprise. Both of them bolted up. Here it goes...
"Come on guys, we can take my car, let's go!" Jane said to the guys. Sally would be fine in the garden, surely. She ran off to the garage. It seemed like there was a formula to Ranger business. Get a call, run off, bing bang boom, conflict, kaboom, ride off into the sunset. At least this made work more predictable. She led the guys to the garage, getting in the front of her car, Calvin with her. Once they were all buckled up, she sped off to the coordinates to meet the others there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back