• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers: Bio Strike

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Far superior in every way to the previous leader, Splica had already gained Volmour's approval. Mind control/a virus was a big factor in that but he had the slightest idea. His processing units in his head told him he liked Splica and was proud to serve her. Already she had defeated the Power Rangers and caused the city giving them the most heat to go into a state of emergency, even partially dividing their leaders! The finest display of war ethics and politics he had seen in decades. She now ruled the world and soon enough the Armada would take this planet and complete galactic domination. Nothing shall stand in their way. Not even those Power Rangers.
---
Hearing continuous beeps from medical equipment and feeling an IV stuck in your veins pumping your blood with fluids to keep you going in your sleep and the cold feeling of crispy infirmary sheets is in no way the way anybody plans to wake up. For some reason, hospital sheets always felt crusty and brittle like they could shatter by one misplaced movement. And they take forever to warm up. Just petty complaints in this situation. It's a luxury to complain about sheets when everything else in the world is going to Hell and not looking good. Calvin had spent many times in hospital beds or by the sides of others who were in bad shape. He would never forget the first time he lost a soldier under his lead in the military. Dark day, that was. No darker than when he and his team had been told by Captain Scott that the Empress was now taking over. And their Zords are beaten to Hell. And Wilson's been arrested...again, technically.
He was out of bed, as well, but he wished he was not. Calvin paced around the room multiple times and had to take a lot of the water offered to relax. His injuries were not so bad. Cuts on his face and bruises on his arms and back, but nothing he wouldn't bounce back from with his endurance. He's taken worse, believe it or not. His mind was filled with so many things. Mostly Splica. That bitch...ever since their one on one he had felt nothing but contempt for that vile she-devil. And now she's the leader of the enemy? What even happened to the Emperor, did she kill him? Bad guy or not, going after your own allies is just wrong.

Jane was pretty beat up. Falling in a giant robot's head will do that. She had her midsection wrapped in wide gauze to hold marks on her, as well as bandages on her knee and wrist. Maybe she forgot to wear a seat-belt in the cockpit... Or forgot to inquire about the installation of seat-belts. She was sat up in her bed beside of Drew's, watching him sleep, the last to awaken in time. Weird to watch a guy sleep, but...hey... it's her friend. Just that and nothing else. Shut up. The guy who shot the old Armada leader's eye out! Listen, Urthemial may have only fought them one time and hurt them all badly, but he was a general villain. He was scary and certainly powerful, not someone you'd wan to meet in a dark alley at night. But the guy also didn't do much. Now his wife who nearly stole the Capital is the leader. Wonderful. Oh and Wilson is out of the hospital at least...but also in custody again. God damn... All Jane can do is focus on the bad right now. She's not one to just leave a thought alone when it is in her head.

She chuckled when Lucas tried optimism. Respectfully, she shot back: "We've bounced back from a lot, but... I think the only way we can go is further down. We hit the bottom, but now Splica might as well hand us a shovel and start digging." Not to be a bitch or immature but she has a point. Their biggest assets are down, their oldest asset is in the slammer, and the toxic mega cu--...well, it's bad. She rubbed her wrist and swung her legs off of the bed. Cavlin helped her stand up.
"Jane has a point, guys. We can't get much lower. And Tidal's right... Our Zords are out best shot when it comes to beating the Armada's forces. Now we got nothing. Unless we're gonna just shoot pistols from the ground up at their fleets," Calvin said with no hostility but more realism. When thing get bad they get bad, and he knows that. He just accepted it...but had optimism inside. Jane did not. She was colder than that, but not being mean about it.

"Speaking of Wilson, guys... What do we do? Are we even going to his trial? Because I can't decide if we should or focus on the other messes to clean up..." Jane said, hand over her stomach.

Silence flooded the room. For a speck in time it had all seemed to freeze up. "All of it is bad," Olivia spoke plainly and still stared out of the window. If she'd looked away, her eyes found themselves looking back at the glass barrier between the room and the city. Hey eyes blinked and she thought about what she said. Between all current events they were all a bit tied up and criss-crossed mentally. New evil to face, four colossal issues, an impending trial and a partridge in a pear tree. "We have a lot of conflict going on at the moment. Best not to draw straws and debate what the worst problem is. Besides, we're alive anyway. Lucky to be, considering the damage to the Megazords," she said and turned around, facing all and catching a glimpse at Drew, still unconscious. If only he would wake up already. What is taking him so long? Are his injuries so severe, or did the medics simply go overboard on the painkillers and anesthetic?
Kind of obvious she was dodging the question about Wilson's trial. "And to be quite honest. I am unsure whether or not we'll attend the trial. Surely we could all go if we wanted to, personally. Yet they may deem us physically unable. It all depends on the ruling of the Colonel and the Captain," she stated. Bummer, but that was just how things worked in the chain of command. She sounded like she did not want to go anyway. Who could blame her?
---
Exposition time. Wilson had been released from medical care but placed into custody of authorities outside of City Defense. The older man sat alone and quiet in a cell, just waiting for someone to decide what to do. At least the place is not as depressing as one may think. His cell is right beside of a desk. It's that cell one would expect to find in a police station pre-Armada where there was a containment cell for drunk drivers or small offenders, just for a brief or overnight stay in custody. He was here until Smith and the Captain were done discussing matters. He was lonely. But Dr. Garrett Wilson was not afraid. He had caused the invasion, yes, but he would answer for his crime and atone. Justice will be served. He knew about the Zords and the Rangers' situation. He is not scared of jail. But he did fear for the Rangers. And no way the Zords would be repaired in time from what he heard. Unless...
---
Drew had finally woken up. His monitor beeped a bit hectically while he stirred around, his eyes opening slowly, if not a bit sorely. He gripped the sheet of the bed tight and let out an exasperated breath, drawing Olivia's attention to him. A humble distraction from the other problems at the moment.
"Drew, you're awake, thank goodness," she said and walked over as he was still coming out of it. She stood over him, either leading everyone to lean over him as well or simply gather spaced out. If they all got too close...well they would be in for a surprise after he realizes he's surrounded. He rubbed his head with he arm still attached to an IV for fluid. "How long was I out, for?" he asked.
"Just about a day. All of us were, though. Everything's fine now. Well...not fine, but... Settling," Olivia answered. Drew's eyes opened slightly but shut again as he rubbed them after a long induced nap.

"Sorry, Olivia... I didn't mean to start arguing over what the real bad situation is, here. We're all tired..." Jane admitted and sincerely said to Olivia. No argument had really started but she felt like that would be right to say. Sometimes the girl has no filters but other times she really does know what to and not to say. Besides, being not dead was a lot better to be focusing on when they could have easily exploded yesterday. Very last thing they need is an internal struggle like that. Why can't she just pound something or someone? Maybe that big bulky nurse guy has hard enough set of abs to be used as a punching bag! The dude may be a nameless background nurse form earlier but hey he looks like he was in good shape!
Calvin glanced a Jane...literally play-boxing the air slightly. He shook his head slightly at her and said what they were all thinking. The trial...it would be hard for them to be there. To see a man they trust on the stand and undergo so many legal things. His punishment unclear and the future yet to be written. "Sounds like she doesn't wanna go. If we can go do we think we should? I wanna go. I think I could help somehow, maybe give a case. We could appeal to the judge and say Wilson's a good man," Calvin shared Lucas' optimism but in a different way. In court there are always people willing to speak on behalf of the defendant!

Calvin went on about court policy and Jane sort of drowned in out. But both of them looked over at Drew when he started coming to and rustled around. Jane comically went to his side, just glad he was finally waking up. Calvin joined her at his bedside, both of them leaning down to him to see him. "We were so worried, ya big loser. Thought you'd never wake up," Jane said after he asked about how long he was out for and Olivia answered. Calvin was just worried in the normal way. Not so normal to be leaned down and crowd the guy, though.

(that's right, I challenge him xD i wanna see what happens if he gets closed in xp)

"Fair, things could have ended a whole lot worse yesterday," Lucas nodded faintly. Usually when big things went down, it happened with lots of fire, sparks, and explosions. That would have been.... unpleasant. There was no use in arguing over which problem was the worst or the biggest concern. Lots of things were going on, all of it was bad, and if the Empress would hand them a shovel, as Jane had put it, things weren't going to look any brighter any time soon. Right now Drew was still unconscious, the Empress was an evil bitch from outer space, the Megazords were down, and Wilson's fate was unknown. And to make it worse, it wasn't even sure if they could be there for him when the trial came around. Lucas grimaced at that news. Sure, he understood that's how it worked and they'd have to accept it.... but it didn't mean he liked it.
Tidal nodded in agreement with the things being said and carefully pushed himself up, trying to figure out if there was a way to sit up and breathe that didn't hurt. "Tired indeed," he said. "Let's be fair, it's been a while since we've gotten our butts kicked like this." Heck, the last time was bad, but it was nowhere near what had happened yesterday. "We shouldn't be arguing right now, but finding a way to solve this mess. Surely the Armada isn't just going to sit around and wait until we're all back to our feet." That wouldn't make any sense. Well... it would have been if the idiotic Urthemial was still in charge, but now things were taken over by Splica. And she was a lot more serious about destroying the planet the six of them (well, and all the soldiers and the rest of City Defense) had ben trying to protect.

"I think we should go too, if we're able to," Lucas said. "Dr Wilson is our friend, is he not? It won't be pleasant to see him stand trial, but by being there we can at least show our support, right? Show him we're there for him when he needs us the most."
The attention was quickly diverted to Drew starting to wake up again. Lucas came closer as well. "Glad to see you're awake again," he smiled faintly. Tidal... he looked over too, but didn't get up to surround Drew as well. He could hardly hold himself up at the moment. Best not to leap off the bed yet.

Wobbly visions took him by storm as his head came around. Drew's eyes rolled around a little bit until his eyelids fully opened and his head stopped throbbing. He looked up at four hovering friends and let out a yelp as if he were being abducted in an almost comical fashion. He leaped up in his bed and made himself groan, the loud shriek making Olivia jump up as well and stand back, both of them taking a second to breathe. "Gosh you guys scared me! Who surrounds somebody like that?!" Drew asked everybody. This is exactly why he doesn't usually hover over Isaac when he's in the hospital . Must be in Valentine blood to be jumpy when rudely awoken or something. After a moment of thinking and getting his heart to slow the hell down he waved it off. "Oh never mind, you guys...I'm just glad to be awake. And that we're all okay," he simply put. Olivia nodded graciously and smiled faintly. Even with all that is going on, it could still be much worse.
---
"Captain Scott, my word is final and I will not refrain. Now I must go see to it that Garrett Wilson is put on trial effective immediately," spoke Colonel Smith out in the hallway to the Captain. The two men had spent the time passed debating on certain matters and handling legal things. With a speedy judicial system in this world being enforced, the trial...begins today. So Smith had better get a move on if things are to get underway. He bid the Captain farewell and left him to think for a moment. Captain Scott knew Wilson and knew he wasn't a bad man. But his actions were damning and justice had to be served. Regardless of friendship and work history. He stood alone in the hall now as Smith joined his crew and headed to the detainment center. Time to tell the Rangers and see if they can get back on their feet.
---
A short time passed and the Captain had entered the Rangers' room. He informed them that Wilson's trial, thanks to a super fast system, would begin today. All six of them may attend if they so desire. He sat on the foot of Olivia's bed to deal them this news. Something about that made this more casual. He's usually so professional, after all, he had might as well break news like the trial starting easier.
"I do not know what to say. Today? It's a bit sudden..." Olivia said, speechless and more torn than ever about this.
"...do we have to decide right now, Captain?" Drew asked, having gotten out of his bed and walked around a bit to strengthen his legs back up.

Captain Scott put his hand up to reassure them. "You have to decide nothing now. I can give you all maybe an hour to think it over. Or if you'd prefer, I can have you all released from intensive care and you can think about it while patrolling the city. Things are looking dicey...and with so many of our people tied up..." he said. He hated asking if they'd patrol the city, especially while still hurt. A lot of people were busy. and crews were only just cleaning up the destruction today. Hard to clean around a fallen Megazord. Let alone four. "I guess we would patrol, no sweat..." Drew reluctantly said, shaking his head.
"Drew, you just got up. And Tidal isn't even out of bed yet. I say maybe the rest of us patrol while you two get your bearings." Olivia said with her choice final. If she must spend an hour thinking she would rather do it outside staying busy.
---
Far above in space stood the Empress overlooking the massive clear window looking down on the Earth. Instead of blue and green, a red-like color mixed with brown replaced the vibrancy of life. Her reign had already been successful it seemed. She took every moment in pride and already had a master plan to take the world for her own. Her fool husbands elaborately controlled minions would work nicely. A frontal assault with military force as well as a more psychological approach and that is just for the Rangers. "Volmour, I expect a report on past combat data any moment now," she called to Volmour to let him know she grew tired of waiting. "And Actera I hope you've dug around where I asked you to." Splica had specific needs from both of them and she was not going to slow down. Time is of the essence.

More than twenty punches thrown at them a day and they had never jumped back so fast. Both Calvin and Jane nearly flipped when Drew was startled by them all hovering around him, likely giving them all heart attacks that were a little deserved. Calvin grabbed at his chest and ran a hand through his stubby hair with his chest pulsating from the rush of a quick jump scare! He let out a breath and calmly nodded and waved at Drew when it was agreed to just be glad everybody in the room is okay. He even let out a small laugh.
Jane on the other than was not fond of the nicer part of the moment. Instead, she said something only she'd say when everyone is just happy to be breathing. "Holy shit Drew you scream like a little girl. And if anybody says anything then so-help-me I will cram the biggest fallen tree limb I can find straight up--" Jane went off, both laughing and being interrupted by Calvin shoving an infirmary cotton ball in her mouth. She made a face and slowly spit the thing out. Gross...

Laughing and light-hearted moment aside, things got back to reality quick. The Captain came in. Calvin greeted him with a standard salute, Jane waving from the floor when picking up the salivated cotton ball. Again; gross. Their lighter expressions morphed back into stern ones as he said what he said. The trial is today. Like their friends, they were both understandably skeptical and questioning everything. Such a small time frame to work in as well. Why, this just keeps getting better. About as better as a landmine not detonating when triggered, but 20 minutes after being triggered when a technician deemed it fault and had it tucked under their arm on the way to go fix it. Only no where near as gory. Either way, somebody is going to be...triggered. Dear God, that was bad... Leave it to Jane specifically to have that in her head when this is going on. Hey, it's how she handles things. Never question a tomboy on a bad day. "Well shit this is great..." said tomboy muttered to herself.

"I agree with Olivia on this one. Drew and Tidal are still too weak for anything. Sir I want to stand at Wilson's trial, act as a witness or speak on his behalf if I can. Maybe these two rest, I go with you now and the other three go patrol?" Calvin suggested with an alteration on the previous mindset of Miss Pink. Sure a thrid of the team isn't exactly in ship shape just yet. But duty hardly waits for people to get back up. Calvin really wanted to attend that trial no matter what. Someone he knew and believed in was at stake and he wanted to fight for them.
"Yeah, hold on a second there. Captain, whether or not we all decide in an hour to go or not, we should all be working on a plan. The Empress is in charge now and we took a huge hit. I say we leave the trial to the lawyers and leave everyone who isn't fit yet to make the plan. Just get a Megazord back online and point me at a target, something needs blowing up," Jane said with integrity and enthusiasm. Calvin mentally rebutted that presentation. It would be reckless to go solo, but she probably meant it in the moment. But some of them still need rest; not to be out of bed planning or running into action yet. Conflicting opinions, conflicting opinions!
---
Yes this is brilliant. Programming from the very best and still Volmour had never been given such instructions to test his capabilities. Life on the ship almost seemed more organized with new leadership. Hell, there was no almost about it. It just was more organized. Finally a real plan and a real drive towards reaching the goal. Splica is truly a woman worth following. Urthemial should have been sent out the airlock as soon as she boarded this ship! Volmour's mechanical fingers twitched when she gave him his orders to follow.

Such devious tactics would bring the Rangers to their already-weakened knees before they even knew what hit them. "Yes, my lady, combat analysis' are on their way to you now. Shall I send anything else?"

Lucas jumped back slightly as Drew suddenly got up. He had to suppress a little yelp on his own end. "We scared you?!" he called, but quickly started grinning again. It was indeed good to see they were up and alright. Well... for the most part anyway. Getting startled like this really was well-deserved. Who wouldn't at least slightly freak out when just waking up only to find four people looming over you?
Tidal chuckled from his bed. And that was another reason why he didn't get off the bed yet. Or at least not loom over Drew as well. Minus the bruised ribs, he didn't want to scare the poor guy shitless. He was pretty sure he wouldn't appreciate it either when he found people looking at him like that when he just woke up from a complete hell. Who in the world would?! Lucas and Tidal both tried not to laugh as Calvin stuck the cotton ball in Jane's mouth. It was funny to see, and her reaction was priceless... but neither of them wanted to piss the tomboy off. Especially not in their current shape. That would be a very bad idea. Let the tomboy release her fury on something that needed to get hurt. Like monsters. Or Splica. Anyone but people on their side or innocent civilians, really.

Only seconds after things turned serious again with the Captain coming in delivering his news. The silence, even if it didn't last very long, felt heavy. As if everyone just immediately got all tense again. Wait... they probably did. The trial was today. Just one day after all the mess happened. Wasn't that maybe a little bit too quick? Couldn't they at least have ONE DAY to breathe? What did Jane say again about them being handed a shovel and start digging? So far things really weren't looking up yet, but it seemed it was all only getting worse and worse. Lucas sighed and hung his head. Tidal simply cast his gaze to the floor.
"Olivia is right, I guess..." Tidal mumbled. Nope, he wasn't out of the bed yet, and preferably wouldn't get up soon unless the world called for him and his shadowy suit to save the day. No rest for the wicked. Or the exhausted and wounded heroes.
"Walking around the city to get our thoughts sorted out would seem like a good plan," Lucas nodded faintly. "And personally... I'm feeling a little conflicted on whether or not to go. I mean I want to be there for Dr. Wilson should he need us... And he's our friend so being there for him is the least we can do... But on the other hand..." he fell silent and shrugged. He just wasn't sure whether he could handle it... To see Wilson in a rather helpless position while others decided on his fate. Plus... the last time he had seen the inside of a courthall was during the divorce of his parents. That wasn't too pleasant of an experience.

The two silently looked at Jane as she suggested piloting a Megazord and shooting something up. Sure, action had to be taken soon enough, but at the moment there wasn't much they actually could do. The Zords were down and being repaired, they were hurt, and they had no way of knowing when or where Splica would strike again and try to kill them all. Heck, some were hardly out of their beds or couldn't even properly get up yet. How would they fight against whatever might come their way?
---
Just one day after the Empress really took over, and everything was going so much more smoothly. That sure marks the difference between her and an incapeble leader. Everything was so much clearer now. Everyone just knew what to do, and it was no longer the generals who had to come up with the plans because the fool emperor couldn't think of anything himself! "Of course, my lady. I've got everything you asked for right here. Just a few more things to wrap up, aaaaand.... done." A wicked little grin found its way on her face. Oh, she could hardly wait to see how this plan would develop. Such brilliance, such cruelty. Perfect to deal the last devastating blow to the Rangers now that they were weakened.

"Everybody just be quiet," Captain Scott raised his hand. It sounded as if everybody spoke at once with their thoughts and viewpoints at the same time like that. "We in fact do need to make a plan. But we cannot be reckless. Now; I will give Tidal one hour to get himself on his feet. The trial is already being prepared as we speak so there is no time to waste. Drew, as team leader you are the most qualified to come with me to court while the other four Rangers patrol the city. That and I have some special work for you, as well while things get underway. So I will need you to come with me, and Tidal can follow us after the hour. I have work for him as well."
Drew gave the Captain a weird look. "Sir I don't understand. Wouldn't Olivia or Calvin be better since they are military? I know I became team leader but..." he wondered. But the Captain put his hand up, his decision was made final. Besides, Olivia clearly did not want to go and he would not force her. Not even speaking as her father, but speaking more as her boss and mentor. "Commander Taylor, you and Olivia are being tasked with retrieving Wilson's information and case data from his office in the main building of headquarters. And while we're all doing that, I volunteer Lucas and Jane to patrol the city."

Drew and Olivia nodded and saluted the Captain. They had their orders, finally some order and natural feeling to the chaos! Move out!
---
It had been long over an hour now. Captain Scott dragged Drew--and Tidal no matter how rested he was after an hour--to the courthouse. In the courtroom, several of Wilson's colleagues and lab workers were there to bare witness. A jury of citizens had been selected and the judge was preparing in their chambers. In the hall outside of the courtroom sat Wilson awaiting his time to enter the trial. He was terrified but knew this had to be done. The Captain and two Rangers approached him. "Garrett. How are you doing?" The Captain asked him. The old man sighed. He had been better.
"I am nervous but ready to admit my crime. I just wish I was working back at the lab. There is a defense system we may be able to use while the Zords..." Wilson trailed off, trying to stay normal. Even in this moment he is worried about the city he cares so much about. "Relax, my friend. Just be calm and focus. The jury needs to see you collected." he reminded, Wilson nodded.
Drew looked at Tidal and the courthouse hallway. Fancy, clean cut, that fresh polish smell. Relaxing in a way once you were to get past the nerves in the air. Drew zipped up his City Defense jacket halfway and thought about everything. "You think it'll be a long trial?" he asked Tidal, never having been good in legal matters...

Back at HQ Olivia was with Calvin in Wilson's lab and office. Gathering any and all resources and information that would help his case. Whatever avoids a life sentence is game here. She bit at her fingernails and nearly choked on some nail polish she forgot she was wearing. Damn clear coat... "I completely miss the point here. I assumed Wilson's attorney had everything already. Unless one of us is a last minute attorney. Soldiers go through law practice right? Or is it an officer thing?" she asked Calvin nervously, completely forgetting all she knew about the military and its ranks/divisions. Some people just talk to anyone and about everything when they feel as if everything is about to pour out of the flood gates. She sorted through files looking for something that may be of assistance.
---
In space, the time was now. "Perfect. Now we are to unleash the plan," Splica still oversaw the Earth. Desomax walked up behind her and knelt down on one mechanical knee awaiting instructions.

"Well well, I see two little Rangers walking among the public. They are fools to detach from their team. Desomax, take these amps with you. The rest I will dispatch when the time is right. Now? Our blue and yellow friends are to be the first," she said and slipped the robot blue and yellow 'patches' of some kind. He took them form her and inserted them into his arm gauntlets. They would serve nicely with their power. Volmour's data is to be of use here. Splica held onto the red, black, green and pink ones. For now it is just a show! Let the games begin!

Everybody split off into pairs again, huh? Duty to uphold along with an eventual meeting point, should they all want to go to the trial. If they all could go to the court in an hour for the trial then this was all just busy work, for lack of a better term. "Sir yes sir," Calvin and Jane both agreed to their jobs and saluted, folding their legs to attention and disbanding.
Time passes...

The job was clear enough to look for things to be of use in the handling of the court and make the trial go by easier yet Calvin had absolutely no idea what he was looking for. Papers, records, data, what? Everything he knew about legal things and he wasn't sure what Wilson's lawyer may have already picked up. He scratched the top of his head as he sat in a chair fumbling through assorted papers. Felt wrong to go through Dr. Wilson's things like this, even if they were looking for things to help him. Rats hunted for food in all of the wrong places; it felt like this was the same. Only no way they were rats or anything compared to them. Because looking for legal things in someones private matters is a normal thing.... They're the good guys! He looked at Olivia with a coy smile. He could tell she was stressed a little bit. "Well, some people study law when they serve. Grunts like me just learned how to fight and stand up for people in and off the field, sorry." Soldier first, defense attorney...well never, actually. Then he got curious. "I doubt one of is will be an attorney. There has to be one already. You don't think it would be us do you?"

Something about taking an hour just to walk around Inezia, or drive around, was relaxing at a time like this. Big buildings downtown and small homey buildings around the "outskirts." That is if a city protected by a dome truly has outskirts. Edges? Jane did not know or really care. She sort of hated getting stuck on patrol while everybody else got to do something more related to the trial. What, were they not god enough to do more? Okay, she knows that isn't the case. She's just trying to fill her ind with something easier to think about. Plus, she's so damn bored... Along their patrol, Jane bought a big pretzel from a street vendor as she went around with Lucas, offering him a part of it should he want it. A girl can hardly focus on an empty stomach; and she needed to get the feel of cotton out of her mouth. Randomly, and with a mouth full, she asked Lucas a question. "So what's the deal with you and Olivia? Boyfriend and girlfriend, lovey dovey crap, dating your bosses daughter. Gotta be something weird and messed up there," she said and swallowed with a big gulp. She gave a grin that screamed malice and intentionally put the out of place and awkward question in the open. "How's it feel that you...got the Scott?" Pun!

At least they were all kept busy before the trial started, no? Better than sitting around and pondering over thing repeatedly. That was THE way to start overthinking and stressing oneself out completely. The guys nodded at the jobs they were given. Not much of a choice there, anyway, but it's for the best that they all just get moving again. Even if that might be a bit painful for one of the two. Time to disband and get things going again!

An hour later Tidal followed the Captain and Drew to the courthouse. He managed to pull himself back to his feet well enough, but clearly he was a little slower than he'd usually be. No surprises there! Plus... Tidal didn't really like the idea of going to the courthouse... Ya know, Wastelander, former evil ranger... He'd done some bad things. And now he was going to a courthouse! If the Captain hadn't given him his chance for redemption back then, he would've likely gone to the courthouse too... To end up in prison himself! And now they were going there to potentially watch a friend go to prison over something he didn't even do on purpose! Geez.... familiar situation there... Cue a shudder. Yep, Tidal was a little bit nervous. Not half as nervous as Wilson had to feel at the moment, though! Tidal approached him together with the Captain and Drew. He plucked at the sleeves of his jacket and shrugged at Drew.
"I don't know..." he said. The Wastelands didn't exactly have courthouses and operated on a set of laws and rules of its own entirely. And the rules differed from one community to another. "I think so. I mean... On the one hand, he brought the Armada to this world... On the other hand, he's been doing everything he can to protect this planet." He chewed on the inside of his cheek "Guilty, but redeeming himself ever since..." It only dawned on Tidal right after saying those words how similar this situation was to his own. And then he felt bad about being angry with Wilson before. If Tidal were in Wilson's current position... he'd do all he could to make clear that he was aware of his mistakes, but willing to go to the very end of the world to... well.... prevent the end of the world.

Having a chance to just walk around and not having to think about anything in particular right now was nice. It allowed Lucas to get his thoughts sorted out. He smiled softly at the outskirts... or edges, whatever one might call it, of Inezia. The buildings sort of reminded him of his home back in Zalfari. Born and raised in the outskirts, close enough to the city, but with enough space to play outside and be a kid. Going into nearby woods, building tree houses... Just the stuff kids would do. Lucas didn't mind having to patrol while the others were doing other things. He wouldn't know what to look for in Wilson's office, and to go directly to the courthouse... thanks, but no thanks. He accepted the part of the pretzel Jane offered him and absentmindedly nibbled on it, nearly choking on some crumbs then Jane asked her question. Once he remembered how to breathe he replied. "Says the girl who kissed a guy randomly out in the Wasteland." Time to dodge the inevitable punch coming his way. "Yeah, we're a couple. Haven't really had the time to just hang out together yet... With the constant alien and robot attacks... And classes... and jobs...." He grinned at her pun. "The Scot's got the Scott. Things are at least a bit less awkward now that we've said it, that's for sure."

"You of all people would know what that is like," Drew said to Tidal on account of redemption. A lot of what he was going through was highly similar to Dr. Wilson at the moment. Drew nervously bit his lip as the trial drew nearer. The trial was going to be long, he and apparently Tidal thought. This man had both caused and fought the invasion with every action he had taken over the past couple of decades. The turn of events would be interesting, something told him. The doors to the courtroom opened. People started going inside for it was time. Captain Scott glanced at the door and took Dr. Wilson by the arm, the men being good friends. The Captain would act as Wilson's attorney in this case. Even if one had been provided, he would still be a part of this.
The Colonel passed the four men by as he entered. "Gentlemen. I see we have brought two Rangers here. Better hope we don't fall under attack while they speak on behalf of this war criminal," Smith said with his lips curled inward and walked inside...giving Wilson an interesting look as he did so. Can anybody said conservative? Assuming someone is a war criminal based on actions before any war started is just juvenile, or so Drew thought anyhow. Man, how did he go from car monkey to sudden political know-how? "Don't listen, Wilson. He and everyone just want this to be over," Drew reassured. Wilson tried a positive response but kept quiet. He looked at Drew with...guilt.
The Captain escorted everybody inside.
---
Olivia paused and shuddered at the thought. Calvin had better be wrong. If any of them had to speak on behalf of Wilson in this sense she would be most anxious about it. Given her professionalism and attitude one would assume she is more than capable of speaking in court. But speaking for this particular case after being essentially lied to her whole life was a different story. Even someone as professional as her would be shaken to do so. "Find anything?" she quickly asked Calvin and pulled out some possibly useful folders from a drawer. Records of some kind?
---
A new plan had been hatched. Physical and psychological plans from the bad guys up above to make the Rangers, their most stubborn enemies, go down for good. Finally, Splica had began her master plan. First getting rid of her husband. Now the Rangers. As blue and yellow patrolled the city, talking casually among one another, she sent down Desomax. The robot beamed down right in front of the two of them as the patrolled near a fenced area in town. "Rangers!" Desomax greeted with a mono tone voice, weapons in hand and demeanor of violence. "I have come to finish the job on behalf of my Empress," he said, little words but a big voice. He fired multiple shots at their feet, the blasts' sonic waves knocking Lucas and Jane off of their feet and through the fence into a 'back yard' type area behind a bunch of buildings, fenced in...and instead of grass like a regular backyard, was pavement. The landing could not have been smooth.
And before they could even morph or call for help, Desomax aimed his arm gauntlets at them. "Phase 1. Initiate," spoke Desomax. From his gauntlets he aimed at them, charged blue and yellow lights, firing out at them. But instead of shooting them with energy blasts...Jane and Lucas were now looking at two familiar faces. Long thought dead. This should be impossible. There stood Phobial and Vida Veronica.
"Greetings Yellow Ranger. Still the bumbling liar," Phobial said, weapon in hand.
Vida Veronica cracked that whip of hers. "Ahh! Blue Ranger, I am back without a man to make mine. Just you to beat!" She said and laughed. Both monsters retained their old personalities. What...how is this possible? Phobial charged after Lucas and gave him a few good hits, Vida doing the same to Jane. They could morph, but it may do them little good.

Tidal nodded in agreement. Thanks for pointing out something that wasn't necessary to point out, Drew! Not that he was wrong; their situations were indeed very similar. Tidal had been redeeming himself ever since escaping form the brainwash by fighting the people who once controlled him. He knew he had done things that couldn't just be forgiven, but he was doing what he could to make things right again, or at least help in easing the pain he caused. He crossed his arms an pressed them close to his chest, nervously shifting his weight from one leg onto another. It wasn't even him to stand trial, yet he was full of replacement fear. You know... that feeling you have when you're just scared for someone else? Then the doors opened and everything was getting ready to begin. Tidal gulped. And it wasn't exactly made easier by the Colonel passing them and flat-out calling Dr. Wilson a war criminal. The war hadn't even started yet when Wilson ACCIDENTALLY called the Armada to Earth! If anyone was a war-criminal here... it would be Tidal, or so he thought. After all, the war was going on in full strenght when he killed people. Though technically it wasn't his fault; he was brainwashed. Still... walking into the court room gave Tidal a funny feeling in his stomach. He just hoped there wouldn't be anyone present that he had attacked, or relatives of the man in the car he killed when he first entered Inezia... That would be.... awkward. Tidal nodded and looked at Wilson. "He's just trying to lure you, make you respond and say things you might regret." And with those words, they all headed into the courtroom.
---
Whelp! No more time for casual chatting, teasing, humiliating... Desomax beamed down right in front of them, not leaving even a split second for them to react. They were just shot at for the umpteenth time. Lucas defensively raised his arms against the sparks, but the shockwave of the blasts knocked him off his feet, right through the fence. Well... at least the fence wasn't hard or pointy and it fell voer easily on impact! Speaking of impact... ouch! Landing right on the concrete pavement of the backyard. Lucas grunted and rolled to his side, wanting to tap the button on his morpher to get in gear and push Desomax back. Or call for help. Anything really. But once again they weren't given the chance to do anything at all. Again they were shot at. Lucas prepared to feel the pain of a blast... nothing happened. Well... no blast, that is. A familiar voice belonging to a familiar face drew his attention. Lucas stared up in disbelief... No... that couldn't be! Not this bitch again! And Jane was just about as lucky, he noticed. He quickly got back to his feet and cracked his knuckles. " Phobial... I've destroyed you before, I can do that again." He was NOT a bumbling liar... was he? Lucas shook his head. No, don't let her get at you! She did, though, in a different way. Phobial charged at him with her spear and landed some very painful hits on him. Lucas yelped as he was pushed back further and further. When did she get THAT strong? He coughed, taking a deep breath as he recovered himself. Enough of this already! " Bio Morpher, Initiate!" he called, pressing the button. Fights were always so much easier when clad in a brightly colored suit! "Yellow Bio Ranger, ready!"

And as he morphed, he pressed another button on the morpher, alerting the other rangers. "Guys... We need backup here ASAP. Desomax is back and he brought some old friends..."
"Still can't stand on your own, huh? Was to be expected. All you're good at is running away from your problems," Phobial taunted. Lucas glared at her from under his visor, charging back in the hopes of landing a hit or two on her. Time for some payback!

Immediately as if on some kind of cue Jane punched Lucas' arm. "hey that was different. At least I went for it, you're both adults and have the relationship skill of freshmen in high school," Jane said in her now-famous manner and looked around town, rubbing her arms with her hands and just glancing all around. "Finally you guys got together so maybe we can focus on the real task here. You ever notice how we randomly take personal detours from the war?" She asked inquisitively just as a big idiot from space came down and spoiled it all. One day, just one, she would like to not have to deal with...okay that's a lie, she liked when the bad guys came out to play! It meant she could hit stuff! Jane's hands went up as Desomax showed himself. Always a pleasure to see a big jerk like him. Last time they didn't finish him off but now she would rip him up all by herself! Oh and Lucas could help. But before any fun remarks came from her she found herself flying through a fence and onto the ground. Ouchie! She let out a huge groan and looked up as he shot at them again. But then she groaned for another reason.
"Oh this is just what I needed..." she muttered in disgust as Vida Veronica, that fake man-killing idol monster stepped up from beyond the pile of dust they turned her into. She sighed, somehow not as taken by the appearance of bad guys thought-dead. Since when does the Armada have necromancy at their disposal?

"Great, the big pink bundle of girlishness is back to play. I'll get to you in a minute, you useless scrap pile," Jane said about Vida and then to Desomax. She cracked her knuckles as well. Familiarity wasn't a comfort here. But hey, she beat her once, she could do it again. "Did you learn anything from last time, little girl?" Vida asked Jane and cracked the whip, running at her and whipping Jane in the arm.
"I hate that freaking name!" Jane blurted and punched at Vida's face, only to be met by her arm getting pushed back and her stomach getting a knee to it. Isn't Vida supposed to be weak without man slaves??? The two traded blows like old times for a moment before Jane took a cue and morphed. "Bio Morpher, Initiate!" she called and flashed into blue. "Blue Bio--" Jane started but had been cut off by Vida furiously lashing that whip out at her chest, sparks flying and Jane tumbling through the air once again, this time up and over Lucas and Phobial--another bitch from the dead.
"I will make you my slave again, boy. And Phobial here will make you cripple in doubt once more!" Vida said to Lucas and Jane respectively, then blowing Desomax a kiss. And this had to be crazy, but did an animated heart fly from her lips to his face?

Calvin sorted through everything he could but really hadn't found much. The computers didn't have much new information either. Not anything they didn't already know. "I haven't got much here. But maybe we should stop this hunt and go on to the court. Look Wilson needs our help and he has worked harder than anybody to fix this. I'm sure he could use you in this. For the good of the dome?" Calvin spoke his mind. Maybe her going would be a good thing. And it would actually be good for the city if the trial went on and in part their fate was determined. Brilliant scientist on trial for causing problems but also fighting problems. They needed order restored! Just as he would say something else, Lucas called in with a plea for back up. He listened and looked at Olivia intently. He gave her a look to ask if they should go or not?
"By the way, when he says old friends, he means ones that we sort of blew up a long time ago before you guys joined up," Jane chimed in and was cut off by fighting. Desomax plus 'old friends'? This was not good. Calvin prepared to go with or without Olivia. Never leave a man behind!

With court getting underway everybody was making their way into the room. The jury had been assembled, judge on his way from his chambers, bailiff residing to the side, basically just an average court room setup. Colonel Smith stood at the plaintiff's stand as the accuser demanding justice, and Wilson was to go to the defendant's stand. Captain Scott joined Wilson at the stand as the judge walked in, swore everybody to an oath, and allowed all to be seated. Drew and Tidal were placed at the 'witness' chairs next to the defense if they were needed to speak. Judical systems weren't ones for being casual, that's for sure. Eternity itself may as well take a nap to wait for shit to get done in a courtroom in a timely manner. Even more to add to and stir the pot was this is a military court. So literally everybody in this session of a trial is fully aware an informed of all things going on. Less embarrassing when Drew's morpher went off and beeped in distress. He quickly checked it as the judge started speaking and "the people of Inezia versus Dr. Garrett Wilson" began. He and Captain Scott exchanged looks at that moment.

However back in HQ, one was quick to answer just as Drew was about to. Olivia headed Calvin's words and nodded to him. But she lifted a finger and listened, both she and Drew on the other end dropping their jaws when they heard Desomax had old friends...who were already beaten, so to speak? "We are on our way, backup arriving as soon as possible," she put in, allowing Drew and Tidal to stay in court. A relief washed over the team leader, yet he also felt uneasy knowing the other were up against...dead things? Desomax is bad enough. Give a walking tank more treads? The judge had finally reached a point where he needed witnesses. Smith had went over all they already knew, and the judge wanted someone to give a statement on Wilson's behalf, Wilson having just put in a heavy claim of his own redemption. Captain Scott looked at Tidal, hoping he would speak for Wilson on the topic of having done something wrong but doing something right. Odd having an ex thug do this...
Olivia looked at Calvin and motioned for him to follow. She put in the location on GPS and volunteered to drive to help their teammates!

Like a statue Desomax stood still watching Phobial dice into Lucas with the spear and Vida into Jane with a whip. Both monsters had previously influenced their Rangers' friend...this could get interesting. But these monsters only wanted one thing: destruction. And they gave a good fight.
A little time had passed and their battle continued, interrupted by a shot fired on the ground. Desomax and the monsters looked up, pink and green suits coming in hot, already morphed. Olivia kept her blaster out and aimed it at the enemy, now standing with Calvin between the villains and their friends, giving them a vhance to breath. She couldn't believe it... she had never fought these creatures but knew them. "I do not believe my eyes...Phobial, Vida Veronica...two of the earlier field commanders? Still alive? How is that possible?" She asked It was at that moment that Desomax received something from his own superior. Splica watched from above as new combatants entered the field. Why not make it more interesting?
He inserted pink and green items into his gauntlets and fired. Olivia expected to get shot, but instead...standing with the other commanders... were Typotron and Marin. Marin...William... Olivia let out a gasp of confusion and lowered her weapon. Impossible...he's dead! All of them should be! "What is this insanity..." she asked. But then, Marin answered with a swift stream of high pressure water, slashing a blast at Olivia from afar. Sparks flew and she fell, the other new entry able to attack as well. "Nothing is impossible, Liv." Marin told her eerily.

Olivia got up and huffed slightly, shaking her head and just firing at Marin, Desomax taking yet another step back. We would merely watch until time told him to do otherwise. Olivia blindly ran into Marin, tackling him back but getting pushed off herself. Reinforcements for the Rangers only meant...not much help, really. She kicked into Marin's chest and felt her leg get pushed back, a roundhouse coming her way. She fell to the ground, firing up at him and getting her blaster knocked away as well. He cackled and stomped around at her, watching her scramble to her feet and come at him physically. The others had surely been fairing not much better.

Calvin saluted and appeared beside of Olivia when the confirmation that the two of them would go had struck. Huge court stuff going on, legal proceedings, more things than one man aka Wilson could handle alone. He would have happily went to the trial to help but he ken he would be of more use in the field. After all, the sooner they handle this apparent threat the sooner they get to Wilson. Troubling, how long they had known the man but hadn't really known him. Or at least not known his background in full. Serving with people and not sharing at least some bad mojo. Maybe when the brink of death is closer than imagined it is easier to let out some of the stuff in the brain. Several runs Calvin had been on where he and his troops were letting out some confessions that may make even a pastor blush. Calvin saluted, following Olivia to her car and pondering how old friends could be involved in all of this mess.

And while the trial happened, people rushed to help, and the city continued existing, Jane was busy getting her ass nearly literally handed to her. And yes, 'nearly literally' might be an odd word combination but it was the only thing that matched up to this event. Fucking shit fucking shit fuck this is a weird ass day. Jane threw her leg up and over Vida's head, spinning on her heel almost making a screeching sound and leaving a scuff on the ground. The thrill of a fight still got her excited. Nothing else got the blood pumping! Who said violence isn't productive? It saves lives in this case. Or at the very least it keeps her alive. Vida was a lot tougher from before, somehow. From babbling freak of womanhood to mega brute. How is that possible under Desomax' apparent range of power? Either way she was going down! "Last time I said girl power was about beating the odds," Jane said inbetween jabs at Vida and back. "But now girl power is just about beating the crap out of you!" Jane yelled and summoned the Bio Baton, swinging it round and around and swinging down at the resurrected bitch. She was caught of guard when Vida caught it and pushed her back, using the whip to wrap around Jane's ankle and trip her, Jane spinning in the air and onto the ground. She groaned. "Oy...that'll leave a mark. Or fifty..." she said...yep...girl power alright.

Vida giggled and cracked that whip around, beating on Jane mercilessly all while blowing kisses to Desomax. Can anybody say...wrong??? Just in time, Calvin and Olivia came to the rescue, Calving going so far as to shoot Vida and Phobial as they attacked the others, stunning them both and allowing him to get in the clear between then. He protected his friends. "Boy am I glad you guys finally showed up. Calvin, Olivia, meet the cranky bitch who makes your mind weak and the biggest pink bitch to ever walk this Earth in an ugly fashion. No offense on the pink part, Olivia," Jane said from the ground, slowing getting to her feet and tightening her grip on the baton. She already wanted to get back in there and pound on someone! Because fuck!
Calvin looked at her and then the villains. He had never met them before, but he's read about them in old files and saw footage. So these were some of the first field commanders huh? Interesting. More interesting and terrifying when Desomax, still not directly involving himself, fired pink and green shots from his arms. Calvin braced for impact but was stunned at the familiar sights of Marin, the scaly ex-friend of Olivia, and Typotron, the most annoyingly OP robot ever faced. And silly looking, a walking typewriter! "Well well, this is quiet the scene!" Typotron exclaimed and immediately typed on his body, which appeared in the air as "Typotron missed the Green Ranger and is now super strong!" Of course that made it reality because of this guys special power. Calvin stepped back cautiously, weirded out. "Something weird is going on here..." he told the others.
"What? No! Never in a million years would I have guess dead things coming back to life was out of the ordinary, you twit!" Jane said with her voice getting tomboy fury high and swatting the back of Calvin's head. They should have both been paying attention--or Jane really--because here comes trouble. Jane avoided Typotron, Vida butting in after greeting Marin and Typotron with her kisses and giggles. The whip-carrying diva fired a cartoon heart at Kane, striking her chest and knocking her down with a huge hiss!
Typotron and Calvin found themselves off to the side, Calvin dodge rolling past him and shooting close range. Typotron then quickly turned and side chopped across Calvin's chest. Stronger than ever. And with an apparent vendetta?

Tidal had no idea how to hold himself in the Courtroom, never having been there before and never really having been involved in anything with law. Safe for the one time where the other rangers arrested him when he was just breaking free from his mind control. He suppressed a shudder. Oh, he never wanted to go through that mess again. Speaking of mess... Their morphers beeping that Lucas and Jane needed back-up... Not only was that a tad embarrassing, it also didn't look to well in Dr. Wilson's favor. After all... if he hadn't brought the Armada here, would any of this be necessary right now? Tidal shook the thoughts off. That sounded like something the Colonel could use against them... But on the other hand this whole situation did prove that Wilson was trying to redeem himself. And now he, the "expert" on redemption... had to speak in court? To a judge and a jury, trying to defend a friend... Well, at least Tidal knew damn well what he wanted to say on Dr. Wilson's behalf. He followed on what he had seen and heard others do. At least this was a millitary court where everyone knew what was going on, and he didn't need to find weird excuses to speak on Wilson's behalf without having to deny he was a ranger, right? Tidal rose, albeit a little uneasy, and took a deep breath, ready to give his statement. Had he ever felt this nervous before? Most definitely not. After all, wasn't him telling about his own redemption equal to admitting crimes? In a courtroom?

"Your Honor, people of the jury," Tidal politely addressed both. "Dr. Wilson has just claimed his own redemption, and I think several of the people present here today can attest that I have my own story of redemption. Life in the Wastelands is horrific in ways people born in the safety of the domes cannot even begin to imagine. Out there it's survival of the strongest. Every little community has their own set of rules and laws, but there's no real form of enforcement. People do what they must in order to survive. Theft and assault are nothing uncommon out there, as well as more horrific crimes. I grew up in those circumstances, and I'm well aware I've done things that cannot be forgotten or forgiven easily..." he paused for a moment. "Not all that long ago, I was found on the brink of death by General Actera of the Rexian Armada. They put a stolen prototype morpher on my wrist and brainwashed me, turning me into the Bio Shadow that caused much damage and pain to the people of Inezia. Although my memory of those days remain blurry, I'm still vaguely aware of the crimes I've committed outside of my own control. I have blood on my hands, and while I cannot undo the things I've done, I can do something to make up for it all. I am trying whatever I can to set my mistakes right. I have left my past as a Wasteland Thug behind me. I have left the brainwashed evil behind me. And now I am fighting against those who once controlled me, trying to protect the Earth. None of this would have been possible without the help of Doctor Garret Wilson. It is thanks to his brilliant research that I overcame the poison in my veins. It is thanks to his brilliant research that Bio Shadow now works for the Earth instead of the Rexian Armada. Yes, he may have unintentionally brought the Armada to Earth, but ever since that day he has done whatever he can to stop them. It is thanks to him, his research, his inventions, that we now have a team of Power Rangers to fight against evil and protect the Earth. Each and every day until the Armada will be defeated for good. We cannot win this fight without Dr. Wilson's help. His aid in the war is his way of redeeming himself. Please allow him to continue doing so."

Glad to know help was on the way! Lucas and Jane could really need some extra hands here. Sure, they had defeated Phobial and Vida before, but they sure came back stronger than before! Lucas was trying his best not to get shish-kebabed by the spear Phobial kept lunging at him with. When did this thing get so strong all of a sudden? The last time he'd simply knocked her back with his hammer, and now he was the one being knocked into things. How did dead monsters grow stronger? Was hat part of Desomax' influence? Whatever the case, he'd defeat her again! Lucas kicked at her, hoping to push her away and get at least a split second to breathe. And while Phobial did stumble back, she was quick to slash her spear at Lucas again. It his heavily across his chest, sending him tumbling backwards... right into a concrete wall. Ouch!
"Okay, I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow," Lucas said as he broke his fall.

"Still weak and pathetic, aren't you? How did you even last this long in the fight?" Phobial taunted. Lucas grimaced under his visor. He wouldn't... couldn't... let Phobial get at him again. He'd been through that shit often enough. Too often, even. The shots from the sky really came just in time. Back-up had arrived. "I couldn't agree more with Jane. Glad you two are here," Lucas said. Jane's description of the monsters in front of them really was spot-on! And they had a moment to breathe now. The four of them against the two old field-commanders... that ought to make the battle easier, right? Or not. Desomax shot at them again. Pink and Green blasts this time. And sure enough, there they were... Marin and Typotron. Yet two more former field commanders that had made the day of at least one ranger a living hell.
"Really? I thought dead things came back all the time!" Lucas replied. "Usually in the form of giants." At least they didn't do that now... or would they? God... imagine four of these giants at the same time! And the Zords were still out.... yikes. Lucas summoned his blaster and fired at Phobial, who deflected the blasts like nobody's business.
"How are you going to defeat me if you can't even hit me?" she taunted. "If you can't even protect yourself, how do you think you're going to protect your friends? Once I'm done with you I'll take them down one by one. And there's nothing you can do to stop me."
"SHUT UP!" Lucas shouted, lowering his blaster and reaching for his head. She was getting in his mind again. He tried to keep her out, but... could he? Phobial used the distraction to lash out at him again. Sparks went flying and Lucas rolled over the ground. This... was not looking good. For any of them.

If there had even been a more damning defense in this judges career he'd be speechless. The court fell silent. The judge humbly listened with his hands together, the judges own welcoming but official face becoming light. Not light as in pigmentation, the judge himself was a darker man. "I see your defense. Thank you," he said and motioned for Tidal to take his seat again. Drew gave him a thorough pat on the shoulder when he did. Man, people might just how strong Drew is. All of the training behind the scenes of this line of work pays off. Captain Scott felt confident in the defense provided. He gave Tidal a look of confidence and appreciation. "Your honor, as you can see, tales of redemption and second chances are not uncommon within these walls. Time and time again, Dr. Wilson has proven to be a most powerful ally against our invaders. If one of the direct defenders has a bloody past but can work to atone, why not Dr. Wilson?" Captain Scott said to the judge. Wilson sat silent, still. He looked at Tidal in disbelief...but then he fell to Drew in his gaze. For some reason, Wilson looked at Drew with a sense of...remorse?
"But the actions of the present do not erase what has happened. Had Garrett Wilson not brought the attention of the Armada to us on Earth at all, Shadow over there could have never been taken and turned into a tool of the Armada. Dr. Wilson's actions led to the deaths of countless people, as well as the worsening condition of millions of others. He single-handedly damned the Earth into submission to a threat we faced no chance against. If he had not sent anything into space, we would not even be here," Colonel Smith bitterly said. A commotion began and the judge slammed his gavel down to restore order in the court.

"Order! Order in the court! Now, Colonel, your words rain true. However I am the judge here, I have the power. Garrett Wilson's actions have indeed provided us all with suffering and put us into war. He will not be simply forgiven for it," spoke the judge. Drew interrupted and got an embarrassed look from the Captain as he did so. "But for all we know, your honor, the Armada would have found us anyway and attacked without us knowing. Thanks to Wilson we at least had time to prepare more or less; he started working on a way to stop them!" Cue another gavel slam.
Dr. Wilson stood up and raised his hand. He'd been permitted to speak. "Ladies and gentlemen of the court. I know I will be punished for what I have caused. I simply did what I could before I was found out. However, since we are confessing things here today allow me to get just one more thing off of my chest before my inevitable sentence." Wilson had...accepted his fate? The judge nodded. Smith looked satisfied that he was going to let the law throw him away. "Drew. I must apologize," said Wilson, slowly turning to Drew in the seat nearby, "...for it was my son who...crashed with your parents and led to their passing." Wilson admitted, weary words and shaky hands. Captain Scott closed his eyes tight and shook his head slowly. All Drew could do was freeze and let his jaw drop. The court went quiet from the off track confession. The judge ordered a 5 minute recess. The judge went to his chambers, Smith, the Captain and Wilson walking out. Drew did not move a damn muscle. Wilson had a son. And that son was the one who crashed with Drew's parents???

Marin's fishy butt had been getting the upper hand on Olivia. He was the embodiment of her old friend William. He'd already come for her one time to seek revenge on her birthday of all days. Now he comes for her again, this time ten times stronger and under unknown pretenses. Truly, Olivia herself had not known what as going on. The science behind all of this made no sense. When something grows giant that can be loosely explained by alien technology and a laser from the main ship above Earth. This just seemed ludicrous! "No matter the logic behind this, can we all just agree that this is insane?" Olivia called to everyone. Marin snuck up behind her and delivered a sharp beam of water at her back, causing her to hiss in pain and fall on her knees. He pulled out a sword from....who knows, the abyss of space? It looked generic enough, maybe it was a Rexian soldier's weapon? Marin charged at Olivia while she was down, Olivia jumping up and into a front flip to dodge the sword. She fired at him, but she was cut off--literally--as Marin slashed at her and struck her chest, What is the meaning of this fight? Just to weaken them and wig them all out? "This has to be a simulation of some kind...not even the Armada has this kind of technology," Olivia said and grabbed her stomach, firing again at Marin, the fish monster just cutting the shots mid air.
To make matters worse, Splica had greenlit Desomax to engage. It was then he stepped up and began attacking. First he went to Olivia, taking her by surprise and kicking at her torso, overwhelming her after Marin yet again hit her with the blade. She fell in sparks and groaned. Desomax went to the other Rangers and would do the same thing, cutting them down as their counterpart monsters did the same. Time to complete Phase 1.

Crash! Through a big stacked pile of crates and barrels came Calvin as he had been effortlessly tossed by Typotron. Pieces of broken wood and bent barrels rolled out with him, dust flying in the air. This was nothing like last time. Last time he had put Calvin in such a state of dismay thinking he would die and he could not stop it. Something deadlier than a gun was at his disposal: creation. If not for Max and the rest of his friends, Calvin would have actually died that day. Today perhaps would lead to the what-if scenario, seeing how painful it was hen he found himself getting rammed through a stack of random objects in this back alley sort of space. The taste of concrete--so to speak with the helmet on--was less than refreshing. "Insane doesn't even begin to describe this," Calvin shouted to Olivia and fired up at Tyoptron with desperation. The robot avoided it and typed out 'Typotron has super laser power', thus making it reality. He fired powerful lasers at Calvin, time and time again besting his firepower. Calvin was now in a blaze of bright sparks. True some writers are bad but...Typotron takes the cake, there.
"Seems as though I still wield the power of fate in my hands. Last time I told you you were going to die. This time, I will see to it with my own hands!" Typotron laughed ans fired again. Calvin summoned his ax and used the flat side to block the blast on the ground, picking himself up. He let out a grunt of frustration. His mind flooded with memories of despair and that feeling just before death. That push of not wanting to leave this world but seeing your time flash before your eyes... Not again. Calvin boomeranged his ax towards Typotron, landing a good blow on him and running up to him, only to get blasted point blank and fall back. Seriously this is just getting old!!!

"Don't listen to her, Lucas, last time she just bitched a lot of shit at us all, she's doing it again. All of these guys are just going their crap again. Guess they forget they ended up exploding!" Jane practically screamed at the top of her lungs, only due to the fact that Vida had her pinned up against a wall...by her throat. The diva had gained a level of strength nothing else had possessed so far. And a revenge factor that was damn scary. Maybe whatever Hell the monsters go to, if there even is one, just makes them meaner. Vida then tossed Jane from the wall and into the ground, cracking that whip and laughing softly.
"You think this is a simulation? Face it, we're the real deal, fellow miss Pink!" Vida laughed and cracked the whip over and over, eventually lashing it out at Jane and around her neck this time. She had Jane on a leash, someone as wicked tough as he, and she had her on a leash like a dog. Vida slammed her elbow into the whip and sent energy at her, Jane erupting in a spark volcano! Brutal! She let out a shriek and rolled around on the ground "Good girl, and I hadn't even taught her to roll over," Vida beckoned. Jane huffed and pulled out the Bio Trigger and her blaster, dual firing a shit ton of shots up at Vida.
"Now who's the bitch?" she muttered through her teeth and got up. Vida just brushed it off, however. She twirled the lasso around and around, striking Jane for what felt like the millionth time. Now this is some real girl power.
"It's still you. Last time you embarrassed me and took my man slaves. Now I will simply have to do the dirty work myself. And when I'm done with you, I'll take every man's free will, have them kill the women, then themselves!" Vida's old plan rained true.

Calvin and Jane got back up from their exhaustion, the brief battle seemingly gone on forever. Calvin had swung his ax around and at Typotron, getting a couple of hits in here and there. He had just prepared to give a good one hen Desomax appeared behind him and held his ax back, allowing Typotron to blast his chest, the robot then slamming Calvin hard on the ground. Ribs in his body possibly cracked on impact. Jane fared no better, a heavy slash of his blades across her chest paired with Vida's pink heart blast at her feet sending Jane spiraling down into one of the barrels Calvin had crashed through prior. If the place here is to just kill the Rangers through force, then Splica's forces were doing a good job.
"And I'm only two weeks from retirement," Jane weakly said, just having to get a joke in as she groaned and clutched her everything.

Tidal sat back down as he was motioned to do so, trembling slightly. He said what he wanted to say and got some things off his chest he hadn't spoken of in a while. More or less confessing crimes in a courtroom was terrifying. The look on the judge's face looked promising, but there was nothing they could say just yet. Tidal took a deep breath and smiled faintly at Drew, appreciating the pat on the back. This wasn't nothing that was happening here. Glad to see the Captain appreciated it, too! And the Captain used his defence to put in his own two cents. So why the look on disbelief on Wilson's face? Had the old man not expected Tidal to come up with a defence like this? Or to defend the man at all? Court was confusing. And of course the Colonel found something to throw everything said right back at them. Yes, maybe Armada wouldn't have found the Earth... or maybe Drew was right and the Armada would have shown up and taken over the Earth without any warning. Then they'd all be dead! Cue a deep sigh on Tidal's end. And a wince... Sore ribs...

Wait... Wilson just accepted his fate, whatever it would be? The man could be sentenced to death! Or exiled... or... or.... So many horrible outcomes. And then there was even more to confess? Oh man, Tidal really didn't like that smug look on the Colonel's face. As if he had won already, as if he could do whatever he pleased because he was in a high position of power. He clenched his hands to fists under the table. The Colonel constantly did a great job at pissing the team off... Anyway... Dr. Wilson had something more to confess, it seemed.
The bomb Wilson dropped was in no way his fault or responsibility... but it was a heavy one even so. Dr Wilson had a son... and that son was the one responsible for the death of Drew's parents. Yikes! That five minute recess was very welcome now. As everyone walked out, Tidal stood up to stretch for a moment. He glanced at Drew, not really wanting to leave him behind on his own here and now.
"Need me to get you a glass of water or something?" he asked, lingering near the seats.

Lucas eyed Jane and grinned under his visor. "Thanks," he said. Yes, he knew this was exactly what she had done before, and that this was what she was doing now. A little reassurance can work a long way. Just still... something in her words had settled in the back of his mind now, and it wasn't going to let him go easily. He was a liar in some ways. And yes, he was good in running away from his problems. That's what he had been doing for years, after all! And he wasn't going to stop running just yet. He would when he was ready to face his past demons. Demons that did not involve a freaky alien with a spear targeting the insecurities of ones mind. Not really a reason to grin though... Jane being pinned to the wall like that...
Phobial laughed. "And this pink girl is supposed to be the smartest?" she taunted, much like Vida.
"OY, leave her be. I'm your target," Lucas said, diverting Phobial's attention back to him. He charged again, changing the blaster to baton mode and swatting at Phobial. She deflected and heavily jammed the blunt end of her weapon into Lucas' stomach, then rapidly flipping her spear around and slashing across his chest. Once, twice in an X formation. Lucas yelped and tumbled to the ground again, going down in a heavy rain of sparks. He clutched his chest and groomed, barely able to get up again. And Desomax... he shot at Lucas while he was down on the ground, unable to defend himself. This was starting to look awfully close to what might be their final battle. Fighting against four old field commanders that each hold a particular grudge against a Ranger, as well as Desomax... that was simply too much.

"Leave me alone." Drew's voice was cold and low. His jaw was tight and his expression was blank. Since he had lost his parents he had been taking care of Isaac, rushing back and forth to doctor's appointments, paying bills, making ends meat, all thanks to a drunk driver who thought it would be fine to drive intoxicated in an already-doomsday city. Now he learns that this drunken fool was Dr. Wilson's son? Had the man ever told them he had a family let alone a son? A tear slipped down Drew's cheek. Angry as he was and frozen solid he was put into a deep state of remorse. It had almost been like he was reliving his parents' death. Nobody could possibly imagine the state of his mind right now. Never had it been so scrambled. Suddenly the courtroom did not exist. Nothing existed. An amalgamation of all emotion was the only thing that was real. His fist began to shake, the other hand violently gripping the armrest of the chair he was sat in. As if the world was giving out bad timing that day, Dr. Wilson reentered the room, asking Tidal to please excuse them for a minute. Drew eyed him with the eyes of a deeply hurt orphan. Twenty one years of age and he felt like an orphan. "Get out of my god damn sight," Drew muttered. Wilson cautiously leaned on the beam of the jurors stand. Drew slammed on the armrest. "I said get the hell out of my god damn sight!" He yelled bloody murder.
"You must have questions," Wilson replied.
Drew scoffed. "You bet your ass I do. How could you not tell me? First of all that you had a son who got drunk and killed himself and two good people? Did the Captain know? Did Olivia? Why now, why drop this on me now when I'm supposed to be here protecting your sorry ass!" He stood up, the chair scooting back as a result of how fast he'd gotten to his feet. He wanted to punch the old man in the face until he bled.
Dr. Wilson let out a breath and calmly shut his eyes before speaking. Wearily he lift a hand as if to spark a scene.

"I adopted a son. I had tried to have a family before but it did not work out as I'd hoped. Long ago, when I first sent out that signal and brought the Armada here on accident...I did have a son. Only a year old at the time. His name was Garrett Jr. I called him Junior, however. I guess now he'd actually be around Calvin's age, give or take. Junior was not well...if you know what I mean. I couldn't control him. He had been emancipated at the age of 16, so I had absolutely no control over him. The Captain knew of him, but I chose to keep my son from Olivia and everybody else we worked with because he was unstable. He got drunk at a party one night, and the next day he had some residual hangover. When I heard of the crash I was devastated. It wasn't until we began recruitment for the Ranger program that I learned the people who he wreck with had children. One of them...being you. A young man with the drive and desire to protect what is dearest to him. Oh how I have wanted to share this with you, come clean, tell you how sorry I am... But alas, I've been too weak to. And now that this damning action has resurfaced, I figured it was time to get everything out in the open. Perhaps making the boy I orphaned the leader of Earth's protector's was a fools errand. Perverse, maybe. You deserve to know the truth. And whatever may come...I am sorry, Drew."
Drew fell silent. Wilson...perverse was maybe only one word to describe him. Making someone he allowed to become an orphan for not getting a handle on his son to protect the world? What kind of sick game is this? Recess was now over. Captain Scott, the jury, Tidal, Smith, and the judge returned to the room and took their positions once again. Drew glared at Wilson as the man sat back in his defense chair. He looked...peaceful. Remorseful and full of sorrow, but...peaceful. He was ready for whatever may come. Now his darkest secret is out. The judge resumed the court. Drew looked at Wilson, the Captain, Tidal...everybody. As all took their seat he stood frozen. He forced himself to sit.
Drew later had been invited to speak. He rose up and cleared his throat. A damning accusation brought on Wilson, and his defense could only be weakened by the millions of people he had ruined...and led to death. Even if redeeming...he is guilty as sin. Drew was chosen to decide Wilson's fate. It's all or nothing in the next few minutes.

All or nothing...how much the others can relate. On the ground, having gathered together the remaining four Rangers lay beaten and bruised. Smoke and steam coming from their suits as they had one by one been taken down and somehow been worked to a group. To die as one. Olivia on her side looked up at Desomax standing in the center of the four monsters from the dead. Marin cackled and crossed his arms, his gills pulsating with excitement. This new evil alliance was more powerful than anything they had ever faced. Given the others were here, who's to say there wouldn't be red and black blasts that made new old monsters appear. The monsters laughed, as if taunting them with old grudges. Once they had been beaten but now they were victorious on the Power Rangers. Testing them; putting their assured wins of the past on the line. "Now it is time, Rangers. Your professor has been weakened, and now you shall die. You have failed the planet. Your spirits dampened. Goodbye." Desomax spoke in a mono tone voice. He lifted his arms to fire.
The last part made Olivia pause. She curled her fingers on the pavement, sliding her hand closer to herself. "Our spirits are not dampened...Dr. Wilson...everyone is depending on us," she said and huffed a breath, coughing ans slowly rising with her team. In unison a nod broke out in the group and out came the Squadron Morphers. Time to shake things up.
"Squadron Mode, Initiate!" The team called together, Olivia feeling the armor strap on to her suit, second wind taking her over. She was smart enough to know that they do not give up. They aren't easily broken. Especially not as a team! Blue, Yellow, Green and Pink Squadron Rangers stood before the five monsters. Desomax fired a powerful blast, not caring for the fancy display. An explosion erupted, Olivia--and the others?--jumping out of the flame and attacking. Olivia pounced on Marin, phasing through him and tugging him down when behind him, getting the upperhand and tossing him to the side, giving him a swift kick to his chest. This isn't Will. Real or not, Marin is a monster!

Last edited:
Tidal nodded silently and walked away from Drew. Hey, at least he tried! But he thought he could understand Drew. Tidal couldn't even begin to imagine what was going through Drew's mind right now, but he was fairly sure that he would react the same if he were in his position. As Dr. Wilson walked in, Tidal simply gave the old man a small nod and walked out of the courtroom, glancing over his shoulder once more in the door opening. Cue another small sigh and a shake of his head. It was good he got to stretch his legs for a moment, but the circumstances... Safe to say Tidal would rather have seen different circumstances here. It wasn't exactly Dr. Wilson's fault that his drunk son was the one who crashed into Drew's parents... but... It did feel a bit odd all of this. Tidal could hear Drew shouting in the hallway. He looked at the Captain and raised an eyebrow. How safe was it to leave the two of them unattended right now? As recess was over, Tidal strolled back into the courtroom and took his seat again. Drew looked... not too great. As if hundreds of thoughts crossed his mind at the same moment. Probably was the case, but Tidal wouldn't know. He's no mind reader! As Drew was asked to speak, Tidal was sure his heart skipped a few beats. After the news Dr. Wilson had just dropped on him... How good of an idea was this? Tidal sure hoped Drew could put his personal issues with Dr. Wilson behind him, even if just for this moment. After all... this trial was about the "war crimes", not about him being the father of a drunk driver. If even Tidal was capable of putting his personal issues behind him for the sake of redemption, Drew should be able to as well, right? Please don't let him be wrong there! The rangers were going to need his help. And with Wilson in prison... or worse, executed for treason, that was going to be a lot more difficul. ... Wait... did people in the city even execute people? Ah, lack of City (and general Law) knowledge!

Funny how they always somehow ended up on the ground together, rolling towards each other no matter where they were knocked to the ground. funny... in that weird and painful way. The unfunny funny. Lucas pushed himself up as far as he could, eyeing the four monsters with Desomax as the leader in the middle. Phobial twirled her spear and laughed her twisted laugh. Obviously she highly enjoyed watching the rangers in pain on the ground, only moments away from being obliterated. Coming back from the dead had made these monsters stronger than they had ever been before, and having a grudge to drive them forward sure didn't help either. "The fate of the Earth is in our hands. Knock us down and we'll just get back up. As long as there's people depending on us... We'll NEVER go down," Lucas said to the monsters, pulling himself back to his feet as well. And like always when these things happen, everyone was on the same page. He nodded in unison with the rest, pulling out the Squadron Morpher.
"Squadron Mode, Initiate!" Armored and ready to get fighting once more. Lucas jumped out of the way of the explosion as well and charged for Phobial, giving her a mighty punch with his super strength. And again and again. Much like how he knocked into her with his hammer in their first fight.
"You're not the only one who got stronger, bitch," Lucas hissed at her.

In mafia movies the leader has his or sometimes her goons line up and gather around. They have the victims line up on a wall and one by one take them out. Or break them...literally break them. Put Typotron in a top hat, give Desomax a machine gun and a cigar, this could easily be a mafia movie. Al Capone would be so fitting right now. If that's even the right guy. Piled together the Rangers play victim on their sides looking at their enemies. Typotron stroked his buttons, Vida cracked her whip teasingly at the Rangers. Both of them thought it was funny to see their respective Rangers on the ground in pain for a change. This time they would all be the ones to explode. "I only just met you two, but it was fun getting to beat the hell out of your friend in front of you," Vida told the others and cracked the whip again. She adored the thrill of control. Typotron laughed. That's when Jane started laughing. Laughing...uncontrollably. As if the monsters back with bones to pick wasn't enough. Now the main douchebag is calling them losers, essentially? That. Is. Hilarious.
Jane continued laughing contagiously. "Spirits dampened? That's funny. Because I'm imagining what it will feel like to blow you all to Hell again. And then tear Desomax a new robotic asshole!" She laughed ans shouted, standing up and wiggling her arms at the mafia force in front of them. "It's what we do. We get a second wind and always come out on top," Jane added to her story.
"Right. Our world might be in trouble because of Dr. Wilson...but we'll fight like Hell to make sure he and everybody else still alive on this planet gets a future without you!" Calvin yelled.

The Squadron Morphers came out. Typotron and Vida scoffed. More toys? What did those do, shoot little bang flags? "Squadron Mode, Initiate!" All four Rangers yelled and fired, the armor dawning on them. Shiny and so sturdy! The energy within them revitalized and their spirits high on Red Bull. And cue an explosion! Explosions were fun when you weren't the one at its source feeling the heat! Jane and Calvin leaped through, Jane more agile than the others. Jane giddily rammed her knee into Vida's head from the air and rolled down with her. "Now that's what I call girl power!" Jane cheered and did a cartwheel because she could!
Calvin ran for Typotron, the robot greeting him with a beam of energy. He dodged and another Calvin appeared behind him. The robot looked back and forth. "Seeing double?" Calvin asked, both he and the copy slamming their feet into Typotron, kicking the crap out of him! Or the words, so to speak.

All or nothing, that is. In a matter of minutes everything for one persons fate could be altered and thrown in the dirt. The defended in this trial is a man who has come clean about all things that damn him. Admitting to everything takes a lot of character. Especially when one accepts their fate after dooming the planet and having their future in the hands of someone who just learned they were indirectly the cause of parental deaths. Wilson didn't kill Drew's parents. But maybe if he'd had tighter control over that guy...or if he'd never made the Earth had need for domes and out his son and Drew's parents in the same city?
"Your honor. I am ready," Drew said at the stand before all in the court. The judge allowed him to proceed. Wilson looked ready to be prosecuted. "First and foremost, I am in no way a lawyer of any kind. I am not one who speaks in courts or really handles legal matters to often. As you all know, I was recruited into the Ranger program along with two other citizens at the time before the team was fully assembled. Before this, I was a mechanic. A mechanic who worked in and partially owned and ran his own shop. My younger brother Isaac has a rare and lethal heart condition. My parents died a few years ago...in a car accident," the last words being said almost directly to Wilson. "This man before you today is the cause of turmoil, war, chaos, and needless violence and benevolence on Earth. I speak as one of the people of this planet, citizen turned soldier in the crisis for peace. It has recently come to my attention that Wilson has been...keeping something from me. A rather personal matter, in fact." With that being said, Wilson prepared for the worst, and the Captain took a deep breath. His own Red Ranger was about to screw him over. Smith looked smitten.
Drew continued on and on. "I am upset with him. He lied to me for so long. He also lied to so many of us for so long. Wilson deserves whatever punishment the jury decides here today," Drew continued. "However... as stated before we are a city about second chances. I'm mad. I have every right to be and so do a lot of people here today for many reasons. But like it or not, Wilson is the best mind in Inezia and the only hope we have to stop the Empress and her entire Armada. I can't lead the Rangers without him. The Captain depends on him to supply us with the things we need. He's exactly what the world needs. Let wounds heal," Drew finished. He stepped down and took a seat once again. The judge stroked his chin, decided. Smith would put in a counter argument.
---
Amidst the battle the Rangers were getting the advantage with their powers going into maximum. The HUD in Olivia's visor was reading energy levels going bananas, everyone putting all power against the foes of the past. How crude of Desomax and the rest of them to say the Spirits were dampened. They are anything but! Earth's defenders never surrender! (cue reference to worst season ever)
For what felt like the hundredth time Olivia and Marin were interlocked. She'd gotten her arms mixed with his, making her leg swing back and behind his knee to bring him down, police style. Court got intense as did the battle. Marin distanced himself from Olivia just enough so she could summoned the Javelin and charge it. This wasn't really Marin. It's some kind of sick game from the Empress. After these games, they'll put an end to Desomax and his tricks. Olivia twirled the javelin as if it were a bo staff. "Bio Javelin Toss!" Called her finishing attack and tossed the spear directly into Marin's chest, exploding the fish on impact. He let out a curse as he went up in flames again. The last of Marin was finally here. One by one the other commanders were going down, leaving only Desomax in their wake. Olivia regrouped with the others in the enclosed area, weapon at the ready and pointed straight at the bastard. "Desomax, stand down. Or we'll be forced to take you out as well," she spoke. In the absence of a leader she sure made a decent substitute. Second in command status perhaps.
"Rangers. Phase 1 is not over yet," said the robot. He then flung a massive energy ball at the four. Dodge all they want, but the ball bitchslapped the four Rangers high into the air. What kind of power did this bot have?!?! Olivia screamed in the air, soaring above buildings with the others. Good thing the suits and armor protect them!
---
"Has the jury reached a decision?" The judge asked after time had passed. Smith was not convinced about anything. He coldly argued for Wilson to be locked up or worse. Drew and Tidal's defense' shocked people. One spoke unexpectedly, and the other spoke the same after getting a new personal bias. The jury was deadlocked for a moment. The speaker for the jurors, a woman in her mid 40's, stood. "Yes your honor, we have. We the jury, find Dr. Garrett Wilson guilty of all char--" said the woman to the shock of the defense when suddenly through the opposite wall burst a massive hole. And in rolled blue, yellow, green and pink Power Rangers in the debris of the wall after a massive hurdle across buildings. The room gasped in shock and the Captain stood up. Not to yell in objection over what the jury was about to say after all of that defending. But...Olivia and the others just burst through a damned wall!
Olivia groaned and rolled onto her side. What a fall that was...she looked around, about to ask if everyone was okay when she saw they had landed in the trial. What are the odds??? "Um...good day, everybody... Your honor..." Olivia said, blushing under her visor. The judge, jury, Smith, Wilson and the Captain stared in surprise. Drew bolted out of his seat to check on the others. "you guys alright? What happened???"
Little did they know, the Rangers were being followed. As they lay in the floor of the court room, Desomax leaped in the hole of the wall, having followed their projected fall course all the way to the court. Olivia and Drew snapped their heads in his direction, the people of the court screaming. "Perhaps we should take a short recess again..." the judge said and swallowed.

Echoes of a whip cracking in the air signaled either a horse to keep the carriage going faster and faster or a VERY adventurous couple on a Friday night. But that is a whole 'nother implication to think about in the off time from this. Thrill of a fight can bring blood to a boil. Or blood to a lack of being pumped; it all depends on which side you're on in the fight. Unless you're a robot like Typotron in which case blood doesn't pump at all and its more of an oil being pumped in the body. Shit, now the anatomy of a robot is being thought about in a time when it should be exploding?

Recouping from the cartwheel meant Jane had to get a backup plan and quick because Vida Veronica--still the dumbest name for a monster, even including those with the repeating 'tron' suffix--got back to her feet and rubbed her face. Having a knee piled into it really hurt! "You little brat. You're supposed to be broken, not jumping around all willy nilly!" Vida stomped and whined. Jane responded with a kick to the head and sent Vida stumbling back.
"You see, bitch, last time you turned my friends against me. You enslaved so many people. And on top of that you forced me to deal with your pink ass! For that I will never forgive you! In the name of all things not stupid, I'm gonna kick the crap out of you all over again! And I have just the tool for it!" Jane said and whipped out the Liner Lasso. She cracked it like a whip and mocked Vida's actions. She pulled it tight in her hands and displayed it to Vida for her to see, making her giggle. "Gonna use my trick against me? Try it!" Vida snorted and cracked the whip again. She lashed it out at Jane, leaping a faint trail behind it, the tomboy leaping out of the way and whirling the lasso around her, swiping the wide range thing out and wrapping it around Vida's ankles. Jane laughed, having maybe too much fun, puling it out from under her and tripping the big pink heart-making shrew. Then by the power of her spirit she used the lasso to swing Vida around by her ankles around and around, tossing her high up into the air. She ditched the lasso and pulled out the Bio Ring. "Bio Ring Fury!" Jane yelled and leaped up, meeting Vida halfway and spinning furiously against her in a blue charge, exploding Vida mid aid, Jane landing under the blaze in the ground, resting the ring on her shoulder and dusting her hands off.

Calvin had a similar time with Typotron. His copy had kept things busy with him, coming at him with fists full of fury and kicks full of...kicks? Metaphors aren't important. Ironic since he's literally fighting a typewriter. Now that's something they just don't prepare you for in the army. Boot camp never got that weird. but a lot of those drills that they learned came in handy, how else would Calvin know when to roll and dodge? Or to break a robotic jaw with his fist like he had just done to Typotron, hitting the T key in the process. "Haven't you had enough yet?" Calvin asked while his copy kept making things hard for him. Typotron swatted the copy aside and both Calvin's cautiously moved around him. "Oh I have had enough alright: enough of you, Green Ranger!" Typotron snapped back and took inspiration from the T being hit. He typed out "Typotron replicates and outnumbers Green Ranger", sending the message out and making it a reality. Spawning multiple Typotrons around, outnumbering Calvin and his copy three-to-one! Calvin just chuckled.
"Really? You think that's gonna be good enough? I guess you have missed a few things since last time." Calvin replicated further into a full squad of six, now equally matching the Typotron squad. Calvin and his copies charged, racing in fast against the Typotron squad. The five cop pairs duked it out as the originals clashed. "No more death states for you, buddy," Calvin said as a reference to last time when his fate was literally wrote out for him. He made his own future, nobody else did. That passion expressed itself as Calvin and his copies simultaneously punched the Typotrons. The OG bot fired a powerful laser at him, Calvin barely missing it by rolling. Out came the Bio Enforcer, that sweet rifle. He fired simple shots back at Typotron and caused him to fly back a bit. The copies all forced the bots into a big pile, dogging on top of the original. Soon they all had rifles. "Bio Enforcer Roulette!" Calvin shouted, all six of him firing into the squirming pile of bolts in the center. Big explosion!

Victory calls and epic feelings in them, Jane and Calvin got back with the lovebirds and teamed up together. Calvin got on one knee as his replicas returned to make him one person and he aimed his rifle at Desomax, taking point for his team. He kept his aim steady and readied himself for anything. It's just him against them now. He wouldn't get away!
Desomax' plan for Phase 1 made Jane laugh. She rested the Ring on her shoulder like a hula hoop and flipped him off. "Come on guys, we can take him!" Jane encouraged the others. Aaaand then they all got bashed with a big ball of energy and flew up into the air like Team Rocket from Pokemon. Both Calvin and Jane let out cries and flailed around in the air. Wouldn't Jane be used to being so high up, though??
Not used to crashing like this however. They coincidentally landed through the wall of the courthouse, right into Wilson's trial! As they crash through and land in debris from the wall, Calvin's head began to spin a little. Maybe his head broke his fall because he felt dizzy. "Damn...and I thought I was a week from retirement..." Calvin said with his hand on his helmet, assuring the Captain and everyone that he was alive. He nodded Drew away when he came to check on them. Jane got to her knees and looked around, grabbing at her arm. She looked at everyone in the courtroom.
"Hey...how y'all doing?" She asked everyone nonchalantly. Nothing is wrong here at all! Aaand then Desomax appeared. She and everyone looked at him in the hole of the wall. Jane hung her head. Calvin groaned. Shit...

Tidal held his breath, fearing for the worst when Drew started to speak. And that look on the Colonel's face didn't really make things any better. Tidal really wanted to stand up and punch the Colonel in the face right here and now. But... that would be a very bad idea. They were in court and the Colonel was an important person. Plus, it might damage the defence Tidal had put in on Dr Wilson's regard. It sure sounded like Drew was about to damn Dr. Wilson to a dark and unfortunate fate. But... he surprised probably everyone present. Still he spoke in Dr. Wilson's defence, even after what he had just learned. That takes character! Tidal let go of the breath he was holding and smiled faintly. Maybe things weren't as bad as they would seem.
---
Who said anything about dampened spirits? With Squadron Mode active, everyone seemed to be feeling better than before. The rangers weren't happy with the old villains showing up, that was obvious. The more Phobial taunted Lucas, the more she reminded him of another certain person he wanted to punch in the face rather badly. He couldn't get away with that one, but with Phobial...? Now that was a different case entirely. They were supposed to kick the crap out of these monsters
"Why aren't you breaking?" Phobial yelled, charging at Lucas with her spear again. Lucas dodged and kicked her in the lower back.
"I've already told you way back when. You can't break what's been broken already. Tear me down and I'll simply come back even stronger than before," Lucas replied coldly. Not much had changed since their first encounter. And yet... yet it had. Sure, Phobial was right about him being a liar and possibly right about not being able to protect te ones he loves... But he had become a lot stronger than he was before. He had come a long way in piecing himself back together and trying to get his thoughts sorted out. Phobial... she still was a bitch whose main power was trying to bring people down and use their fears and insecurities against them. Lucas summoned the Knuckles ant tapped them together. "This time you're going down forever," he said. Phobial laughed and twirled her spear again, charging at Lucas as he charged at her. Two finishing moves against one another.
"Bio Knuckle Punch!" Lucas called as he ducked beneath Phobial's spear and jammed his fist into her stomach. Phobial sparked heavily, her spear dropping to the ground as she fell back and exploded for the last time. And just like after that first time, Lucas released a deep breath, relieved it was over.

Well... not entirely over yet. He regrouped with his friends and faced off against Desomax, smiling under his visor. Without Drew around, Olivia sure made a descent substitute leader. Well, nothing less was to be expected from the daughter of the Captain, right? "All of your friends are gone, and you'll be next," Lucas said, tapping the Knuckles together again. This big bad robot needed to be reduced to scrap metal ASAP. But instead of them having a chance to attack, Desomax fired his energyball at them, sending the rangers flying up into the air. Lucas yelped, trying to somehow control the direction he was flying in. To no avail, of course. Like the others, he crash landed through a wall onto the floor of a building. And very conveniently... that building was the courthouse.

Like Drew, Tidal jumped out of his seat and rushed towards the rest. Were they fighting the close to the court, or... Still... they hadn't been blasted through a protected wall like this before, had they? What a blast that must have been! Lucas looked around in confusion, as if needing a moment to realise just where he had landed. "Well isn't this great..." he muttered. And as if he'd jinxed something, Desomax leapt through the wall as well. Well... this was going to make this trial more interesting, no? Everyone in the court could both get to see just what Dr. Wilson had brought to Earth... and what he had done to protect this world. Sore as he might still be, Tidal reached for his morpher, glancing at Drew to give him the sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back