• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
aed892ffb2e7ea4cd6961e2d1283869fd5c6cbaf.png
Too Early For ThisJanuary 1st, X895, 11am
1579322005770.pngThe first day of entire new year, and it starts off with preparing for a mission. Miles was on the verge of taking a long journey with his best friend Kathy, the Queen of Sabers, and yet he was out late last night with the guild partying hard for New Years. There was drinks, music, food, and even some of the ladies from within town came through. Miles told Kathy he'll meet her at her place the following morning, but there wasn't much of a guarantee since Miles tends to over sleep, and fall asleep just about anywhere. Much like his signature couch in the Sabertooth guild hall. The sun beamed through the glass windows of the guild hall right onto Miles' face, waking him up. He slowly sat up, yawning and stretching, as he stare blankly into his guild hall. He wasn't looking at anything particularly, but just processing the mess that presented itself before him. "Someone should clean this up." He said to himself, knowing damn well its not going to be him. He pulls his phone out, checking the time and immediately noticed the time. "It's 11 o'clock?! Damnit Miles you're late. Why didn't you just head back with Kathy, now she's gonna be mad." He says to himself as he gathers the rest of his things preparing himself to head towards her apartment. Leaving the guild, he makes sure to send her a text. "Sorry. Omw right now." The message read.

Miles walked the streets of Crocus, smoking his morning cigarette, making sure he does it before he gets to Kathy's apartment. The streets were calm, and the weather was chilly. With it being the winter, snow was falling gracefully from the sky covering the entire streets. Miles was closing in on her apartment and was now covered in snow. He didn't realize it until he tried wiping his hand through his hair. Using his aura by having it calmly flow from his body, he melts the snow around him. Now standing outside her apartment building, Miles puts out his cigarette, throwing it on the ground and stepping on it. He enters her building, making his way up to her apartment. Standing outside the door, he happens to catch a foil smell. He sniffs around trying to figure out where it was coming from, before realizing it was him. He lifts his arms up sniffing his arm bit, causing his frown in disgust. "I definitely need to shower." He says to himself, before opening the door to be meet with an angered Kathy and Lionel. "Morning." He says simply, looking like a hot mess. "Want me to make breakfast after I shower?" He asked, unknowing where she ate or not. Britt-21 Britt-21

Katherine Mae
1592579622604.png
The Elder The Elder

Katherine wasn't a party goer, she much preferred the sidelines or being at home. So instead of partying with her best friend on New Years, she found herself staying at home with her pet dragon, Lionel. Just casually relaxing with him and watching her lacrima that acted as a TV until she had fallen asleep. The next morning, she had woken up early and gotten a shower and dressed, knowing very well there was a mission to be completed by herself and Miles. A strong mission at that, after all, the pair were the top Tier S classes of the guild and needed missions to keep them growing strong. However, a few hours passed and Kathy was not very impressed because Miles should have been at her house by now, and he was nowhere to be seen. Her phone went off but she didnt bother to look at it. Sitting back on her couch, she rested and waited. It didnt take long for the knock at the door to gain her attention as she slowly rose from her seat and moved to the door, Lionel following with and climbing up to her shoulders where he had a good view of the visitor.

As soon as she opened the door, she lifted her gaze up to Miles, looking very unamused while Lionel jumped off Kathy and ran, catching the smell of Miles and not appreciating the very foul smell. "You're late..." Katherine said in a soft tone, she wasn't much of a loud speaker, and Miles knew this. Yelling was not her thing. "I'll make breakfast, you shower... We've already wasted enough time on this mission..." she took her missions seriously, and when her best friend pulled things like this, it was quite annoying but still couldn't help being his friend. He was decent enough to hang around with and he knew his lines "I warned you not to stay out too late... You never seem to listen..." moving away from the door, she walked toward the kitchen to begin making breakfast. She went through the fridge, pulled out eggs, bacon, some ingredients for pancakes and started to work on it. "You know where your clothes are..." Miles always seemed to crash at her place whenever they would hang out till dark and because of this, she just suggested he bring some clothes in case he did decide to sleep over -which was a lot- and needed some new clothes. Waking him up was a pain and she very much preferred letting someone sleep till they woke up on her own.​

Dog Houseimages.jpegYep, she's mad, she's definitely mad.You fucked up again. Just go in, hurry up and shower, so guys can leave. You spent too much time here as is. He thought to himself as he listens to the tone her very unamused and disappointed voice. "Sorry, Kath. I'll make sure to be quick." He says entering her apartment, as she moves out the way continuing her little rant. Kathy wasn't the one to raise her voice, but Miles knew she was mad just from her body language. He can't keep track of how many times these things has happened, and one event is the same as the last. He came to the point he'll sleep at her place the night before just so he doesn't either sleep in or stay out. The only reason this was an exception was because was New Years, and his guild wanted him there. Miles usually loosens up when there's drinks in his system, and depending on who he is around. SO with his guild, drunk Miles is definitely fun tone around, he's still violent, but fun violent.

After taking his shower, Miles steps out the bathroom, slightly dry with his hair still dripping a bit wet. He had a towel around his waist, as he walked towards her of Kathy's draws dedicated for Miles. There it contained his underwear, socks, and t-shirts. After putting on his underwear he takes his towel and places it on top of his head, not even drying it. He just rest it there. Heading towards her closet, Miles goes and grab his overnight back which holds the rest of his closes. After getting dress, wearing his signature outfit he walks towards the kitchen, smiling from intense smell of delicious food. "Thanks Kath, and I'm sorry again." He says as he sat down at the table. "So this mission, we gotta go handle some round about dark guild right? Shouldn't be that hard right? You and me are like a Two Man Army. We get in, get out. Come home and sleep, are catch tv. We still gotta finish that one series." Britt-21 Britt-21

Katherine Mae
4a8ffadeded952d0a4d501f868b9c189ffb9cae5_hq.gif

The Elder The Elder

Katherine silently accepted his apology and continued to work on breakfast while he went on to take his shower. She may have been mad, but it never changed how she saw him. He was her best friend, a pain in the ass, but a friend none the less. Someone she could rely on and someone who accepted her for who she was and actually paid attention to her soft words. While cooking, she lost herself in her thoughts, her body going on auto pilot for the time being before hearing Miles speak up behind her while taking a seat at the table "It's fine, Miles..." she said softly, finishing the rest of breakfast up before setting his plate up and bringing it to the table, placing it down in front of him with a fork. "This dark guild is stronger than we know. Nothing we cant handle though..." she said before lifting her hand and flicking him on the forehead and walking away to get her own plate of food. Lionel hopped off her shoulders and onto the counter, snatching a piece of bacon and scurrying off with it. Kathy moved to the table with her plate and sat down, starting to eat her own food.

It didnt take her that long to finish her breakfast and she cleaned up her mess before moving to the sink and beginning to clean up the dishes, calmly washing them. When Miles brought his plate over, she had cleaned his as well. "It is a decent ways away, we're going to need Lionel to travel..." and hopefully they can get there before nightfall "I would prefer if we can get there before it gets too dark... Otherwise we stick out like sore thumbs..." she had a magic that only glowed very bright, but so did Miles'. His magic was like fire burning within a forest. Cant miss it no matter how hard you try to ignore it. "Are you ready to go, or are we going to wait some more?"

f55b72d9a40c21c5dc179fef1ca09eae.gif
"Yeah, we can handle anything that comes our way." He says with a soft smile, as Kathy brings his a nice helping plate of food. "Thanks." He says before digging in. Kathy's kicking was always delicious, but arguably not better than Miles. She swears up and down she can cook better than him, but he thinks otherwise. Watching Lionel steal some food for him, brought a soft chuckle from Miles as he imagined what it'll be like if he own a pet. Even though Lionel, wasn't much like a pet to Kathy, but an actually partner. He thought about getting a dog, but has yet came around to actually getting one. Finishing his food, he brought it towards Kathy, who kindly took his plate cleaning for him. As she cleaned the kitchen, Miles was nice enough to clean up the dinner table. He listened to Kathy, as she laid out the travel plans, Taking Lionel was the only ideal way to quickly get to Seven from Crocus. Trains weren't going to reach and a vehicle and carriage would take forever, so the skies was the best choice. When she asked Miles would he rather leave now or waste more time, his face sort of frowned and he shook his head. "I see you have jokes. But no lets get going." He says walking towards the door, grabbing their to-go bags. He opens the door and gestures Kathy to come on. "After you Ms. Mae."

The time it took for them to leave Crocus and arrive at the destination was a lengthy one. The sun was setting and was skies was a blazing reddish orange. Arriving in Seven, their destination was held within the forest. A dark guild hide out riddling with mages of all skill and classes. As Lionel hovered in the air, Miles eyes started glowing softly as he read the auras of the mages inside. From this range alone, Miles could only read the number of people around him and give a rough estimate on their power. Usually, he could pick up on a lot more, like their magic, emotions, and a more precise reading on their strength. "So far there's only ten bodies inside that guild hall, and one of them seem stronger than the rest. I can't get an exact reading though. I'll get another read on the place once we descend." He states looking towards Kathy. Britt-21 Britt-21

Last edited:
Katherine Mae
1592619463073.png
The Elder The Elder

Kathy had left her home with Miles and headed off to their destination with the help of Lionel. Looking over the side, she narrowed her eyes a little before looking for a good spot for Lionel to land so they wouldn't be caught. "I am tempted to say we can land on the guild...But that would be too easy..." she admitted, directing Lionel to land in a field nearby and upon landing, Katherine hopped off, fixing her clothes and looking around. No mages had come out this far, which was good, it gave them an opening to waltz up to the guild hall without any issues. Getting in wouldn't be an issue for either of them, after all, they were two Power Houses that were S class. But getting to this so-called "Stronger Aura" guy, may prove to be a challenge, unfortunately she couldn't see what Miles could. So this stronger aura could be weaker than their own. "Let's get going then, Miles... We have work to do..." with that, she began to walk towards the guild into the woods. Lionel following in his smaller form and rushing up to Kathy's leg, jumping up and climbing onto her shoulders. The S class had gotten used to this, which is why she never really flinched anymore when he jumped onto her legs or anything like that.

She continued to walk through the trees, the wilderness of the forest, all the while the sun continued to set, the strong orange fading away to become a much darker color. "The darkness would give us perfect coverage...Even though we have very bright abilities..." at least the element of surprise kind-of worked. "Let's try not to destroy the guild hall before we get to the main target...I know how much you like to cause chaos..." she glanced over her shoulder and up at him, tilting her head slightly before looking forward again, noticing the guild getting considerably closer "Would you do the honors of blasting in the doors...? You know how much I like to surprise our inhabitants with my own abilities..." Nexus was a strong magic that no one could ever put their finger on. A Magic so powerful it could wipe out miles of land if used to do so. Though, in this small 5'5 body, she was able to hold and contain such a power with ease. As if it had no real affect on her in the first place. "Also...Could you tell me more about this stronger aura fellow...?"

fbcef58bed136915021acf5952ccae11.gif
The thought of landing on the guild was exactly a pleasant idea for Miles. Less work for him, but then again he did come all this way to bash some heads in so dropping on to the guildhall would eliminate that for me. So after landing Miles followed along side of Kathy as she was very eager to get the party started. The sun finally sets completely casting darkness over the forest. Luckily the guild hall was straight ahead with a few lights indicating his location. So for the bodies from before stayed put within the building, no one realized their presence. The element of surprise were on their side, which caused a grin to form on the Redd's face. "I can do more than just that." He said in response to Kathy's request. He stood in front of guildhall, getting yet another reading on the auras within the guild hall. "So as I said before there's ten different auras within this guild hall, however, nine of them aren't human. There's only one human aura within this hall and thats the strong one I mentioned before. Crazy thing about, they're waiting on us." Miles took a pause as his eyes started glowing crimson red, and a crazed grin formed on his face. "This is going to be exciting Kathy. The strong soul within here is definitely stronger than us, and he seems to be the living embodiment of darkness himself. The other nine are just his shadows, his minions. We can take them out easily, however I don't doubt they'll just keep coming. Fighting him in the open at night would mean the downfall for us. Though luckily as you said before, our magic glows bright." Ending there, Miles holds his hands up towards the door, focusing his aura before firing a blast of energy through the door destroying it. He also ended up taking out one of the shadows with that attack.

Entering the guild hall, Miles stepped forward through the now blazing red door frame, placing his hands in his pocket. "Knock knock." He says simply with his eyes glowing. Standing before him, was a caucasian male who stood 5'11 wearing an all black cloak, and standing around him were 8 pitch black shadowy figures holding weapons made from darkness. "Sorry to cause such a ruckus. The door was locked." He says pulling out a cigarette lighting it with his aura. "Mages from Fiore. I'm glad to see you made it here safely. However it's sad to say you travels is going to be short lived, especially with the rest of the guild not being here. Though, I'm sure I will suffice." The man said, as he raised his hands causing the shadows by the doors to rise blocking off the exit. Miles looked back at the door and only smiled more. He removed the cigarette from his mouth, blowing the smoke into the air. "I find it amusing how you think you trapped us in here with you, when in reality you trapped yourself in here with US." Miles says in retaliation causing his aura to flare up. "Do you want the shadows or this punk?"He asked Kathy.
Britt-21 Britt-21

Katherine Mae
1592670350988.png
The Elder The Elder

Katherine took in all the information needed and she gave him a nod, watching as he walked up to the doors and blast them open, allowing her to casually walk in. Despite this man being stronger than them, she had no doubts and no worries, after all, they were strongest together between Nexus and Flames. She began to take off her jacket, exposing her white shirt underneath while Miles had asked who she wanted to attack first "I want the punk..." she said as blue cracks began to decorate her skin, running up along her face and glowing brightly right through her shirt while her eyes began to go from a purple, to a bright blue. Katherine was planning on using the power to the fullest on this poor soul. "You know I'm strong... I can destroy nations if I really felt like it..." she began to walk forward slowly toward her enemy, ignoring the minions that surrounded her, knowing very well that Miles and her Dragon had her back. "Nexus Artificial Enhancement..." she said as she stopped abruptly before taking a stance and dashing right for her target. Her ability allowing her to become light as a feather while her skin was as hard as a rock.

Pulling her fist back, her cracks began to glow brighter and she slammed her fist right into her target, only to take note that she had hit his hand with such force and he took it as if it meant nothing. But just a mere second later, he was suddenly sent flying back and right into the back of the hall. My attack was delayed... Did he perhaps try to nullify it? she asked herself, narrowing her blue eyes as the smoke from the attack before dashing forward to find her target and not allow him to rest and recover from the hit. After being S class for so long, she knew what she could do in such a clouded environment. It took a lot of trial and error but she eventually picked up on it. As she got closer to her target, she spotted him standing in the middle of the smoke. Her charge toward him hadn't stopped until his fist had suddenly connected with her abdomen with such force that he sent her flying backward. Katherine didn't even see him move, so how come she was already hit?

Coming out from the smoke, she flew past Miles and slammed into the ground and skid across it, following by a few rolls before coming to a full stop. Gritting her teeth, she slowly began to get back up, trying to ignore the pain that was sent through her abdomen. "Be careful Miles..." she said, her breathing picking up in pace "He may have nullify magic..." her magic was hard to stop, but she knew very well that Miles' was the simplest to stop. As she got to her feet, she stumbled a little, not sure what kind of force he had used on her. It's been so long since she had fought something stronger than her by this scale to cause the damage that it did. "It's cute you think you can fight me. You both may be S classes, but I can assure you, I'm far more powerful." the guy said, coming out from the smoke, summoning up more of his minions without issue "You're a strong one. I will admit. You shocked me yourself when you hit me with your attack. Nullifying it only made it delay before it sent me back. A rare power indeed."

30bd2b2a9ea9ad28e838a69478db3139.gif
Kathy had picked her target, and of course she goes for the mage, meaning Miles was left to make a quick work of the shadows. "Alright, wreck his shit." He says as she walks off to engage in battle. Turning his attention towards the shadows; Miles' aura calmed itself, encasing itself over his body acting as a barrier. He balled his fist as a few of the shadows came for him. He swung his fist, in a hook like motion firing off a wave a blazing energy scorching the floor and eradicating four of the shadows. With four other shadows remaining, Miles looks in their direction as they charged towards him. Focusing his energy, Miles cools his aura, controlling the temperature. He begins gathering his energy within his palm before slamming it onto the ground, releasing a quick wave of energy,The energy flows through the ground all the way towards the shadows, right before red ice shards appear flowing in that direction impaling the shadows.

Finished with his opponents, Miles looks to check on Kathy, only to witness her get sent flying past him. Seeing her get forced back that quickly, Miles released a sigh as he takes the cigarette out of his mouth and blowing it into the air. He drops it on the ground and steps on it putting it out. "Hmm is that so. But I'm glad to see you okay." He says as Kathy stood back up, walking next to him informing him on their opponents magic. "I did say this fight was going to be fun. But these shadows do seem like they'll be a nuisance. Why don't you take care of them for us." He says as his aura begins extended off to the side forming a clone of Miles. "Finish them quickly. Kathy and I have bigger things to attend to."

The clone nods, stepping off to the side, signaling the shadows to follow. Once the clone was cleared from the main scene. It went straight into battle handle the 1vs all brawl. Meanwhile Miles places his hand onto Kathy's should mixing his aura with here. Kathy, can you hear me. He says to her via telepathy. So from what you learn from round one, are we better off attacking normal and defending with magic, or attempting to catch em off guard with your nexus? He ask, keeping an eye on the mage.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back