• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Posteredge RP

Folly-Derrezzed

Heaven restores you in life.
"Here in Posteredge, we like to keep things simple. Flat plains, thousands of acres, and a expanding population! Come on down today to visit-" a white feathered barn owl spoke, enthused, before the television shut off with a squeak. The Complex has been getting renovated recently with men moving in and out of the eastern lot. Maintenance had also arrived, turning off all electricity as dark furred wolves in denim overalls inspected outlets, fuses, electric boxes. Some can be seen scaling the poles outside the apartment windows.

In apartment building 87-B lived a possum awaiting a new arrival, after accepting a roommate request put up by Mister Marlom. The clock on the wall next to the kitchen entrance clicked in the moody silence. Its ticking seemed to grow loud and slow the more it was stared at. It drowned out the rumble of drills and movers furnishing new modern apartments. The long hand that swept the circle a thousand times over cracked. It was hypnotic, and the hourly change broke it. The newcomer would be here soon.

The sky darkened and began to weep melancholy as the working wolves packed up and saved their progress for the daily shower. The TV blitzed back on, defaulting to a kids channel with brightly colored characters. Humans with pale white skin causing mischief only to apologize moments later. What are they feeding the youth?
Phoenixx0 Phoenixx0
BasilOwO BasilOwO

The tall wolf looked at the door gulping. Her new home, a place she had only just found. Raising her fist, she'd knock, three brisk knocks, stepping back to wait for someone to answer the door. She'd fidget with fingers, looking around.

Daniel sat in his room silently playing his violin on the bed as he awaited the sound of knocking at the door. The song was completely improvised and beautiful. While he waited, he thought of the possibilities of different types of roommates he may get; many of those brought a shiver to him. He'd occasionally throw glances at the television, then almost immediately back to his violin. He was afraid of the person he may get, occasionally stopping to take 3 heavy breaths of air when he thought of the worst roommate possible.

Eventually, he stopped playing at his violin and gazed at the kid's show, and he tilted his head slightly. "W-what the hell.." He said to himself. He was quite creeped out by the show, and just picked up his remote and turned off the television for the moment.

Now he sat in the darkness, looking out the window. He hoped greatly for the perfect roommate... Until- Knocking at the door.

He walked up to the door and saw a wolf, much taller than him. Which gave him quite the scare, causing him to jump back, "Uh.-- H-hello!" He squeaked, trying to put enthusiasm into the way he normally spoke. It was still quite shivery. "W-welcome home... I think.. You are W-watershed, right?"

She'd nod, "I am, yes." Her ears would flicki, looking down at the possum, "And your Daniel, right?" She asked, looking around.

Daniel nods and motions inside, “Y-yeah, that’s me!” He tried for a smile, though awkward looking. “You can have just about a-anything here. What’s mine is y-yours, miss.” His ears drew back and he was visibly shaking.

"Oh, hey! Don't be afraid of me." She held out a paw for him to take, smiling. "I won't hurt you, promise."

Daniel only seemed to stare for the moment, his eyes shifts left to right, before he calms down significantly. "I.. I know just don't worry about me. Welcome home," He slowly extended his own paw to meet theirs, and left it to them to shake it if they so wished. "I'm not afraid of b-being hurt or anything, just anxious.."

A body fidgets to the left and fidgets to the right. Blurred faces of happiness and of rage and of sorrow. On the eve of his next chapter, the memories of the beginning of the current chapter surfaced.

Shane Marconi and Alan Cervantes had met in their Senior year at Magin University. The gorilla had attempted to define himself during the previous three years. Was he to follow the Marconi life plan or could he be his own person? Alan then entered his life and he knew that he found the one. Alan, a mountain gorilla, had similar interests. They liked the same shows and the same food. However, there was just one difference between then. A great evening to Shane was just relaxing at home, cuddling, or a quiet evening out. Alan was a party dude. Each tried to change the other. The crack in their relationship grew into a canyon over the course of two years until they struggled to even be in the same room. Alan accused Shane of being stuffy and rigid. Shane didn’t see the need to go to bars and clubs to have a good time. Over a year together down the drain. Regrettable, but it was for the best that they go their separate ways.

Shane moved back in with his parents. It was strange being back, but comforting. He worked small jobs around the neighborhood while he heart mended and he felt ready to venture back out into the world. It was his parents that first told him about Posteredge. He read about it and the town seemed like a nice place to begin again.

Morning arrived. What to wear? Shane briefly considered his overalls, but that might give people the wrong impression. He settles for an olive green Henley shirt, tan cargo pants and bucket hat, black and orange sneakers. He had a couple of enclosed shoes but his sneakers were explicitly made for ape feet because they were ultra-flexible and partitioned for each digit. After breakfast with his folks, Shane sets out on the road. Two hours driving listening to new-age type music, then an hour to break for a meal at some no-name diner on the lonely road, then another two hours before he reached Posteredge.

Shane enters the complex and lowers his hat which stays around his neck thanks to the hat’s drawstring. He approaches the front desk, "Excuse me? I'm looking for Mr. Marlom. My name is Shane Marconi."

Last edited:
A young vixen of a strange color pallet--pink and white--looked up from her book and adjusted her comically large and round spectacles. A thin smile parted her lips, turning to her computer. She typed on it before nodding. "Yes, Mister Marlom will be here shortly. He absolutely loves newcomers. Sadly, due to renovations, new rooms haven't been furnished. So we have to group people up." She shrugged. Speaking of the devil, the sound of wood clanking against tile echoed from the hall to the left of the front desk. Mister Marlom appeared not too long after. A tall wiry bloodhound clad in mossy green khakis and jacket, clutching a polished brown cane with the face of a human carved on the handle.

The bloodhound looked aged, with folds on his cheeks standing taller than himself. He motioned to the gorilla enthusiastically. "Come, come my boy!" He spoke in a shakey low groan. The owner looked to the vixin who distracted themselves with their literature. "87-B", she droned without effort. Marlom nodded, looking to Marconi. "Do you need help with your stuff, sir?" He said with a wide toothless grin.

Shane looks at the vixen and said, "I don't mind being grouped with others for a bit. Get to know the neighbors, right?" A shape out of the corner of his eye. He looks up and sees Mr. Marlom walk in.

Pops would surely scold me if I took him up on his offer, "Shane Durango Marconi. Shame on you. You're a strong young man and you're having an older person help you like that?" Shane shook his head, "Thank you for offering, but I can manage just fine. However, I would like to know more about Posteredge though like places to eat."

She'd smile at the possum, flicking her ears. "I get it. So, how come your here?" She'd ask, peering over his sholder at the furnished room, whistling softly.

Last edited:
The old bloodhound nodded, somewhat glad he didn't have to carry anything. He began to move towards the door out of the building, motioning the gorilla to follow. "A lot of places to go around here. My favorite is the Bake n Shake ran by Mr. Leo. Good milkshakes and fries, i say." He spoke in a shaky bark, with spunk and vigor. He pushed the door outwards, his bones creaking more than the door.

The sky was dark and moody as per usual. Almost about to rain. It was always easy to tell from the wet wind and the barometric pressure dropping, almost like its in your bones. Those who lived here longest know what it feels like. With the gorilla in tow, they took the concrete path towards a golfing cart. Marlom hopped into the front seat, pulling a ring on keys from his pocket. He picked a silver colored key and jammed it into the slot, cranking the thing to life. Or as lively as a olive colored cart could be. "The apartment isnt far." He said without prompt. "My legs hurt walking that far is all. Get in."

The Possum and Wolf’s hand never did touch nor shake. Rather, they’d meet just about when they were to shake. Daniel glanced back behind him, did his apartment really look that rich? “Uh... maybe?” He’d say in quick reply. Behind him were small paintings, little red cloths covered different parts of the kitchen he now shared. The rest of the apartment were just bare.

He looked back towards the taller wolf, giving them a earnest stare, “I..I’m sure we did have about the same l-life of ‘being rich’ I guess...but I’d personally wouldn’t call it rich. but do make yourself at home, Miss Watershed..!” He tried sounding enthusiastic as he could. His hands by now reached the back of his neck and he scratched from behind.

He took several steps backwards and into the room, “Now come on in..! I was just about to start cooking.. What d-do you like?”

“I like shakes. Strawberry is my favorite.” Shane didn’t have them often because they were on his proscribed list. Protein and other nutrition shakes were so-so exceptions. It’s like his family turning to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or blueberry or banana nut muffins as a workaround of their “deserts are special and should be partaken sparingly” ethos.

Stepping outside, he puts his hat back on and draws up the band tightly. He flips the hat’s rim down. Getting wet was no fun unless it was pool or shower time. He did enjoy the soothing sound of soft rainfall however. He sits in the back of the cart because he wasn’t sure if there was enough room in the front for two. He takes out his phone and takes a few pictures and then switches it to video mode. “I hope you don’t mind.”

"Not at all dear boy. I know there should be more of me in the world! Kakak." He laughed, pressing the gas lightly to get out of the parking spot. He old bloodhounds ears flopped around in the wind. He had his hook on the dash, rattling as they move past some gravel. The Complex was deceptively smaller than many think, for ninety separate houses. They were all reasonably sized and stacked vertically to three stories. Grey metal staircases lined the divisions, to get to the concrete pathways. There were cars filling the lots, but not alot of people really socializing.

The sky crackled and roared before they approached the line of apartments that marked "80" on brass lables. The cart didn't make much noise along the freshly dried asphalt, only a thin rumble from the turning of the wheels. Marlom occupied his left hand with a bottle of round mints. He flicked open the thing and swallowed two. "I drink em because i like the feeling against my gums. Heh." He said, slow to respond to the gorillas previous statement of milkshake preference. "They also sell a mean glizzeh. Relish, of course."

As the cart ambled along the path, another memory surfaced in Shane's brain. One time during their Senior year, he and Alan had gone out for the evening. First, there was the pizza. Then, some shopping. Mostly browsing though. The two usually headed to the electronics department first. Shane had his current camera for the past couple of years, but it never hurt to check what was out there. Alan was more into video making. Shane became interested in video making as a result, but his passion remained with photography. More so with black and white photography. Somehow, it seemed classier than those in color.

They got back on the bus to campus and midway, it started to savagely rain. Problem was that they had no idea that it was going to rain and they had to make through several blocks that separated the nearest bus stop to campus. Luckily, there were alternate paths designed for primates. Hands and feet gripped the railing along the path. While other made use of conventional paths, the two roommates swung along the railing to get back to the dorm quicker. They still got plenty wet though.

They got into the building through a side entrance and reached their room. Alan turns on the radio and the song that plays is "Here Comes the Rain Again". They both groan. It is a sign from Karma telling them to be more attentive to weather reports in the future. Shane shoves the memory back into the recesses of his mind.

Turning to Mr. Marlom back in the present, “Too bad about the weather. I was looking forward to seeing the stars.”

The bloodhound was thinking about those young lasses these days. Much more meat to go around, he thought while being lost to the world. Marlom eased his footing from the pedal, the wheels churning to a halt near the staircase. Ugly and rusted, it seemed. He looked up to the buildings, his lifes work, and smiled. He shakily turned to Marconi and smiled. "Stars will always be there. And they are much..brighter.." he huffed, clutching his chest while pointing to the second row of apartments. Each one was more or less the same with a main area, kitchen-dining room, and a hall with three bedrooms and one bath.

It appeared that a couple of furries had met already at 87-B. A rat and some dog, by Marloms evaluation. His eyes had grown bad as he aged. "Take the stairs up to the second story. Level B." He said plainly as a cold wind blew across campus. It dragged with it browned leaves and the faint smell of ozone from the cracking of lightning on the horizon.

Shane smiled, “Thank you sir. Second story, level B. Got it.” He nodded in understanding. Here we go. On three, two, one.

The gorilla leaps out of the cart and runs up the stairs. He sees a possum and a wolf talking with each other in the door way of 87-B. He lowers his hat and as it sits behind his neck, he approaches the two. “Excuse me. Hello there. I’m a new resident who is moving in today and I was assigned to this unit.” He waits patiently.

"Oh hi! I'm River, nice to meet you!" She'd turn to the gorilla, smiling.

Shane raises his hand as if to shake the wolf’s paw, but he changes his mind. What if she doesn’t like to be touched, even for a handshake? Instead, he looks at them both and makes a quick semi-circle motion in salutation. “Nice to meet you also. My name’s Shane.” He then turns his head to the possum and smiles, "You?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back