• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Post-Apocalyptic Zombie RP

d1uni5ys24si3o

One Thousand Club
Hi!

Just throwing in a thread here to see who would be interested, in broad terms, in a post-apocalyptic zombie RP.

In brief, the story will begin in Berlin (Germany), six months after the fall of the military. It won't be first come, first serve. I would much rather have a smaller group of role-players capable of playing multiple survivors (if they can and wish to).

I plan on having the "zombies" have different types and a little more depth than, for example, the walking dead. I was also planning on keeping my options open in the sci-fi area, just for creative freedom because bashing zombie brains are fun but can become redundant eventually.

The audience I aim for is somewhere around intermediate/adaptable. I mean, I can write up to a wall of words but I am not looking for length in role-play. I am looking for quality of posts. It can be a one liner and sometimes be more stimulating than a wall of words honestly. So, not so much length but interactive features of your posts is what I am looking for.

If you are interested, let me know below. :)

The world was beautiful, but no longer is. What was once Berlin now belongs to the living dead. Nobody really knows how all of this happened, nobody really has time to think about it. It just all happened so fast. As fast humanity rose in the evolutionary chain, as fast it crumbled down to the bottom. Backstabbing, blood and ashes everywhere... It's the materialized world of every horror story out there.

The Beginning
It started like most pandemics. A small cluster of people were affected and then it rapidly transferred from one person to another. Within a year, humanity fell to there knees. Every street corner had a quarantine. The progression was slow, but from one day to another... it became aggressive. Much more aggressive. There was hope, at first, but once the last stage appeared... the whole world lost hope. Civilization fell and people backstabbed people for what is left of the scarce food.

The Virus
It all began in 2018. Many things were hypothesized to be the cause of the Virus. Meat, drugs, water, air, and sex. I swear, everything passed through the scrutinized eye of researchers but everything contradicted itself. Every time there was a break through, a mutation occurred or contradicted the data. Nothing worked. Before they could identify the cause, most scientists ended up ... well ... dead.

Most, unfortunately, had to see at least one loved one die of the virus. It was much much slower for the first generation of infected than the several waves afterwards. Nowadays, depending on how it is contracted, most reach the final stage within two days.

The Living Dead Transformation
The last stage of the virus is what distinguishes it from other pandemics. Within a day of being pronounced dead by most, the victims of the plague resurrect. Most are lethargic and completely out of it, until it spontaneously attacks other living humans. It doesn't matter if it's their mother, their brother, their son or the neighbour. Faces of pure fury flashes before the eyes of their victims.

Do they eat the corpses of their victims? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It really all depends.

There are very drastic differences between each living dead, but most can be narrowed down to humanoid-ish creatures. Make sure you don't get in contact with them, they become extremely contagious in that stage. You most likely will become one of them within a day.

Setting
The characters will begin in Berlin, Germany. It was the forefront of the research efforts, one of the last standing forts before it's untimely defeat six months ago with what is most commonly called, the living dead. The military planes are sometimes seen travelling across the sky, but they never help survivors. Nobody knows where or how to survive this much different world. Only the laws of the jungle govern these scarce lands.

Characters
This role-play will revolve around a few survivors handpicked by me. I give myself and others two/three weeks to make a decent CS. I will choose the main cast of the role-play based on the quality of CONTENT and how much it would FIT with the others. My advice to you is to not pass too much time on bbcode or choosing face claim if the personality and background of the character isn't fleshed out.

Last edited:
D d1uni5ys24si3o ,

Heyo there, I would be very much interested in joining; whilst I don't have much knowledge about Zombie themed stuff (Walking Dead etc..) I hope you'll still accept me none the less! :P

Also quick question in regards to the characters (Got a few ideas in my head for a couple): Will our characters be from Germany or will other nationalities be avaliable? (Got a idea for a Ukrainian so i'd thought that it's best to double-check before I get all excited) xD

D d1uni5ys24si3o ,

Heyo there, I would be very much interested in joining; whilst I don't have much knowledge about Zombie themed stuff (Walking Dead etc..) I hope you'll still accept me none the less! :P

Also quick question in regards to the characters (Got a few ideas in my head for a couple): Will our characters be from Germany or will other nationalities be avaliable? (Got a idea for a Ukrainian so i'd thought that it's best to double-check before I get all excited) xD

Hey! Glad to hear you are interested :)
Don't worry about not knowing much, I think it's actually better because you get to think out of the box :)

Also, I accept characters, not role-players which means you are already accepted into the role-play group, you can stick around the OOC as much as you want, but the characters will have to be accepted to interact IC. :)

I/WE (with revalia revalia who is GM as well) will have rounds of selection. I mean, the role-play is bound to have some deaths and all. Not everyone will be the MAIN characters, but many other roles will be up for take if by misfortunate your initial characters dont make the cut.

Your character can be of any nationality, religion, ethnicity, anything you want really. Although, considering the world had a full year to kind of suffer through this, the last year was a no-go for immigration. Tons of refugees attempted to flock into the remaining civilization (Germany being the last one, as far as Europe could know) and many died in the hands of guns, shooting, in the borders.

Interesting, though Iโ€™m kinda new to this.
One question though: was there the idea of zombies before the outbreak(zombie movies, comics etc.) or were they never conceived or thought of?

Interesting, though Iโ€™m kinda new to this.
One question though: was there the idea of zombies before the outbreak(zombie movies, comics etc.) or were they never conceived or thought of?

yes, zombies is something the characters knew of but only in movies and comics, etc.

Hello to those who expressed interest; ShadowRogue ShadowRogue , Bill Nein Bill Nein , The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect , apolla apolla , jole875 jole875 , Becker Becker and Vanadium9277 Vanadium9277 .

Kindly find the lore and whatever is required for this particular roleplay! I advise that you read through everything that is written as it is obviously essential to the role-play, obviously.

You can find your way through the respective threads via the navigation above ^

For ease of confusion; Main Thread/Lore - Character Selection/Application - Out of Character (Kindly vote if you prefer a discord server for OOC or let it remain on RPN - We only suggested due to the fact for ease of faster planning and the such, communication on discord is better!)

Hello to those who expressed interest; ShadowRogue ShadowRogue , Bill Nein Bill Nein , The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect , apolla apolla , jole875 jole875 , Becker Becker and Vanadium9277 Vanadium9277 .

Kindly find the lore and whatever is required for this particular roleplay! I advise that you read through everything that is written as it is obviously essential to the role-play, obviously.

You can find your way through the respective threads via the navigation above ^

For ease of confusion; Main Thread/Lore - Character Selection/Application - Out of Character (Kindly vote if you prefer a discord server for OOC or let it remain on RPN - We only suggested due to the fact for ease of faster planning and the such, communication on discord is better!)
I vote discord, it really is faster and easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back