• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Post-Apocalyptic Futuristic Wasteland Setting for Roleplay

From Darkness

I Iz Member?
Greetings. Iz bacon.

Rather than starting with a plot idea at the start, I want to propose a world setting where the roleplay can take place.

General Overview
In the near-far future of Earth, the world had been rendered a hostile wasteland after years of war between now-extinct nations. Heavy amount of radiation blanketed the land, while ruins of rusting, crumbling high-rise buildings of the past dotted the horizon. The sky was dark, covered by dense congregation of rolling gray clouds. People in the past had tried to fly through the sky in their rockets and ships in order to escape the maddening world, only to end up as floating graves in the planet's orbit due to a heavy case of Kessler Syndrome.

Pockets of survivors could be found if one looked hard enough, but the planet was teeming with hostiles. From mutated creatures to the remnants of old war machines, survival was never an easy feat.

Threats
On the surface of the planet walked various abominations created for the old war, unceasing in their pointless warfare for the sake of long-dead lords and outdated directives.
More might be added when I have more ideas / found more ideas from collaborating with you and other people.
  1. Crack Engines are metallic constructs with smooth, curved bodies and thin limbs ending in dangerously sharp points. They were products of deranged experimentation from an old nation with neither the technology nor resource to compete with the others in the arms race. Within the metallic shell was a colony of bacteria that consumes air and produce waste product in the form of high-pressure gas. The gas then flowed through the body and limbs, producing choppy, unnatural movements at random. They were a living nightmare for their enemies, and in large number they could overwhelm the battlefield. Now these abominations roamed the wasteland without purpose after the nation that created them were engulfed by their own creation.
  2. Constellation Beasts are mutated organic life form created by an old advanced nation. They were no more than simple animals, but they were able to reproduce in massive quantity, creating spawns that tore apart anything in their path. Like an insect hive, the beasts served as the queens, while the spawns were their workers, eternally scouring the dying world for organic matter to feed their near-immortal progenitors.
  3. Soldier Ants are cyborgs, a hybrid between biological clones and metallic constructs. They were humanoid in form, created as dispensable soldiers that were meant to be easily replaced when the need arise. They had simplistic minds and usually followed a directive until the end, even when the issuer already perished. After the fall of their nation, they still maintained their last directive, which nobody knew what. The only thing known was that groups of Soldier Ants could still be seen roaming the wasteland, treating any moving objects as threats to be demolished without mercy.
  4. Old Machines are a dumping group for any conventional war machines, sentient or not, that still functioned after the war. Most of these were automated machines: turrets, drones, self-serving terminals, and other machines that still worked as if the war hadn't finished yet. Some of the machines with artificial intelligence capable of self-learning might had developed sentience at some point, allowing them to break out of their routines.
Characters and Plots
Above is merely the world setting, while the meat of the roleplay would be the characters that we can make within this universe. Some example of what characters we can make:
  • Human survivors venturing through the wasteland
  • Human survivors from a vault deep underground à la Fallout that still had pure genetic information
  • Mutants that had gained sentience
  • Machines with AI
  • etc.
As for actual plots, that would depend on what we would agree upon, anything is possible. Some example that I could think out of my head right now:
  • Finding a new place to live, a promised land so to speak
  • Finding a way to escape the hellish planet to outer space
  • Taking revenge against the threats of the wasteland
  • etc.
Closing
That... is all? If anyone's creativity got stimulated by this weird idea, please let me know through DM. Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back