• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Post-apocalyptic Fantasy? Why not! (Open)

Raema

Floof
My fancy-pants and totally original* (read as: completely cliche) world idea!

But first, I'm going to steal a bit about myself and what I'm looking for from my other thread...

About Me+ I'm very friendly and I love to chat OOC. If you want to add me on Discord to plot, chat, or whatever I'm happy to do it there or stick to PMs.
+ I find it easiest to RP with other people who are friendly. If you like to stick to 'strictly business', and not chat about things outside the RP, we may not be the best match. (Sorry... just being honest here. I get so much more invested in stories with someone I get along with)
+ I prefer to RP with partners who are 18+, since I am personally
+ My posts are usually from 2-3 paragraphs. The shorter the reply, the more often I can reply back (I also tend to get pretty invested in stories I love... nothing makes me happier than rapid-fire responses back and forth that maintain that quality)
+ I do not like traditional doubling and focus on the two main characters (yours and mine), but I love having a diverse cast. To that...
+ I usually play a cast of characters, both genders, friends, enemies, neutral, one-off and recurring. It all helps to build out the world
+ I have no aversion to dark themes, no triggers. As long as you aren't breaking the site's rules, we're good
+ I really, really love plotting and world building

What I am Looking for in a Partner+ Write in third person past-tense, and be able to give me at least 1-2 readable paragraphs. Write with some detail. If I can't understand a reply I have a hard time replying, so while I don't care too much about typos or grammar errors, if they get to be too much it makes things difficult
+ Be able to handle occasional darker plots and subject matter. If you have any triggers we can discuss that beforehand and avoid them
+ Actively help with the plot. I love building a collaborative story or I wouldn't be RPing! ^-^
+ Like I kind of mentioned above, having an OOC chat will really help me warm up to the plot
+ RP in PMs only
+ Romance should be included, but realistic

There! With that out of the way, I'm in the mood for some 'post-apocalyptic fantasy'. Take a look at the below and see if you find it interesting. This is the start, and I'd be happy to world-build around this and figure out some more particulars. Pairings are very open, and this is kind of a high-fantasy medieval realm with magical technology (maybe mix in some steampunk too, as kind of hacked-together solutions?) I'm more than open to whatever races and pairings, but for romance if it's included I like to stick to FxM.

A Land Wrecked By Magic
There were two primary races of the world, and history spoke of nothing but constant conflict between them: elves and humans. Elves had used their magical and martial superiority to hold dominion, and humans had been kept to the wilds. For hundreds of years the elves were confident and hid in their massive and architecturally elegant cities, hidden behind stone walls and watching the world from ivory towers, but the struggles of the wilds made the humans strong. And then, suddenly, a massive uprising of humans took the largest elven city by surprise. It was captured and held, a trophy to show that the order of the world had changed. The elves, however, were determined not to rest until it was retaken. The city itself became a battlefield, spanning dozens of miles with pockets of resistance and a changing influence throughout, for many years. One day that all changed.

A magical cataclysm wrecked the land, coursing through the known world and killing more people than not. A magical cataclysm that seemed to be centered on that city as only those within it remained alive, or at least none outside the city have been heard from since.

And yet the monsters of the world remained.

A tentative truce was formed in the city, uneasy but there, with precious few other options available. That was over two hundred years ago. Prejudices still exist, since almost all elves were alive well before the world changed, but life was forced to adjust. The city has started to decay, quality of life has gotten progressively worse, and attitudes are slowly getting to another boiling point.

A few ideas I had...

- Treasure hunters, setting out into the untamed wilds to find supplies and oddities
- Racial plot inside the dying city? Relations, politics, everyday life?
- New races that have formed in the wilds, caused by magic? (I'm a big fan of shapeshifters/anthro >.>)
- A magical investigation into what happened and why
- A search for a new home
- Is the world as dead as those in the city believe it is?

I'm open to other suggestions! Let me know if you want to discuss. I am thinking of taking on a few partners in this kind of setting.

My fancy-pants and totally original* (read as: completely cliche) world idea!

But first, I'm going to steal a bit about myself and what I'm looking for from my other thread...

About Me+ I'm very friendly and I love to chat OOC. If you want to add me on Discord to plot, chat, or whatever I'm happy to do it there or stick to PMs.
+ I find it easiest to RP with other people who are friendly. If you like to stick to 'strictly business', and not chat about things outside the RP, we may not be the best match. (Sorry... just being honest here. I get so much more invested in stories with someone I get along with)
+ I prefer to RP with partners who are 18+, since I am personally
+ My posts are usually from 2-3 paragraphs. The shorter the reply, the more often I can reply back (I also tend to get pretty invested in stories I love... nothing makes me happier than rapid-fire responses back and forth that maintain that quality)
+ I do not like traditional doubling and focus on the two main characters (yours and mine), but I love having a diverse cast. To that...
+ I usually play a cast of characters, both genders, friends, enemies, neutral, one-off and recurring. It all helps to build out the world
+ I have no aversion to dark themes, no triggers. As long as you aren't breaking the site's rules, we're good
+ I really, really love plotting and world building

What I am Looking for in a Partner+ Write in third person past-tense, and be able to give me at least 1-2 readable paragraphs. Write with some detail. If I can't understand a reply I have a hard time replying, so while I don't care too much about typos or grammar errors, if they get to be too much it makes things difficult
+ Be able to handle occasional darker plots and subject matter. If you have any triggers we can discuss that beforehand and avoid them
+ Actively help with the plot. I love building a collaborative story or I wouldn't be RPing! ^-^
+ Like I kind of mentioned above, having an OOC chat will really help me warm up to the plot
+ RP in PMs only
+ Romance should be included, but realistic

There! With that out of the way, I'm in the mood for some 'post-apocalyptic fantasy'. Take a look at the below and see if you find it interesting. This is the start, and I'd be happy to world-build around this and figure out some more particulars. Pairings are very open, and this is kind of a high-fantasy medieval realm with magical technology (maybe mix in some steampunk too, as kind of hacked-together solutions?) I'm more than open to whatever races and pairings, but for romance if it's included I like to stick to FxM.

A Land Wrecked By Magic
There were two primary races of the world, and history spoke of nothing but constant conflict between them: elves and humans. Elves had used their magical and martial superiority to hold dominion, and humans had been kept to the wilds. For hundreds of years the elves were confident and hid in their massive and architecturally elegant cities, hidden behind stone walls and watching the world from ivory towers, but the struggles of the wilds made the humans strong. And then, suddenly, a massive uprising of humans took the largest elven city by surprise. It was captured and held, a trophy to show that the order of the world had changed. The elves, however, were determined not to rest until it was retaken. The city itself became a battlefield, spanning dozens of miles with pockets of resistance and a changing influence throughout, for many years. One day that all changed.

A magical cataclysm wrecked the land, coursing through the known world and killing more people than not. A magical cataclysm that seemed to be centered on that city as only those within it remained alive, or at least none outside the city have been heard from since.

And yet the monsters of the world remained.

A tentative truce was formed in the city, uneasy but there, with precious few other options available. That was over two hundred years ago. Prejudices still exist, since almost all elves were alive well before the world changed, but life was forced to adjust. The city has started to decay, quality of life has gotten progressively worse, and attitudes are slowly getting to another boiling point.

A few ideas I had...

- Treasure hunters, setting out into the untamed wilds to find supplies and oddities
- Racial plot inside the dying city? Relations, politics, everyday life?
- New races that have formed in the wilds, caused by magic? (I'm a big fan of shapeshifters/anthro >.>)
- A magical investigation into what happened and why
- A search for a new home
- Is the world as dead as those in the city believe it is?

I'm open to other suggestions! Let me know if you want to discuss. I am thinking of taking on a few partners in this kind of setting.
Im very intrigued. Pm me and ill give you my discord handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back