Post-apocalyptic, Fallout inspired RP ideas

Neodrach

Son of the King of the Master of the Planet of the
I've started an RP separate from this site, that is actually on a private forum, but I'd like someone to toss ideas off of about this RP before I start inviting people into it. I'm spending a decent amount of time on a backstory/in universe creatures and locations, ect. and I'd like to make sure that it's well written enough that people can really dive into the universe I'm creating.
    Just so you know the setting I'm building off of is a post-apocalypse/post-nuclear war future which is in a constant nuclear winter. In the generic evolution due to radiation style, creatures have evolved into all kinds of things, (inb4, yes this is Fallout inspired). I want things to have an "ol' west" feel to them, sort of feel to them.
    I think that's a decent enough TL;DR of what the whole feel of it will be.

Thanks for reading-
Neodrach
6654-1-1243332253.jpg

Just so you know, site rules don't allow off-site advertising. Chatting about post-apocalyptic ideas is great, but any posts inviting people to an off-site game will be removed and you'll get a warning.
Out of interest, why would you not consider running your game here?

A well developed nuclear winter roleplay would get my stamp of approval.  How far along are you in terms of world building?  And what kind of help/ideas are you hoping to get out of this thread?

@Alexandra I had realized about the off-site advertisement thing, and I'll make sure not to post any links to this forum. I'm not really trying to recruit anyways, as I'd like to keep the group relatively small, (this is my first RP in years, and I'm GMing). Also, the reason I didn't decided to use RPNation for this specific RP, is just because I'm more familiar with the other forum site that I am using, and it allows for color change in your text, which I'm a big fan of. 

Also, @Bone2pick I have tons of ideas rolling around, as this is a world I've thought about creating for years now, but now that I'm at the writing stage, I keep hitting little barriers when I'm trying to get it down. Realistically, I need someone to just toss my ideas at, but first I feel like I should find a way to get that person totally into the universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I see ~
There's a So You Want to Write tutorial on the site here, and it has a section on Apocalypse settings if you'd like to have a look and see if you might find it useful.

But I'd pretty much echo what Bone said, and if you start tossing ideas out here, even if they're half formed, we could start to give you feedback.

EDIT:
There's a world building primer too ~

Last edited by a moderator:
@Alexandra Thanks for the link, I'm currently at work, and I may or may not being doing something tonight, but as soon as I can get a moment to sit down and put my ideas down, I'll post the relevant ones to this forum. If you're interested in seeing them in the RP forum's format, I will be happy to send them to you directly, (again, not trying to bait anyone into joining the RP, as it is offsite) and if anyone is interested, we can talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back