Porthca Landing III: Burned Bridges & Broken Chains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virra fixes the cleric with her most convincing smile. "That sounds great, Cate." You're happy, she told herself as she stood from the table, putting her feet down tentatively in case Ilmater's divine nausea suddenly returned. You haven't seen the Maze before, anyway. There'll be interesting stuff there. It helped to frame it in those terms, though she would have been happier to have a day to herself just to spend exploring the whole city. Maybe she could convince the others to take some time off before they all went rushing off to the other side of the continent.

If she could, it'd give her time to do some research, too. Just a little.

The arrival of lestone did nothing to curb Magnolia's appetite. However she did try and speak around bites, "odfhh hi, wwwooy doff evoory in haaa ooo?"

Wow mags, a slow clap filling her mind, really great manners there. He's going to need comprehend languages to understand that nonsense.

oh shut up, I just want to know why people hate him.

well he did serve the bad guy,

yeah against his will...

Swallowing the food in her mouth, she tried a second time, "sorry I'm Mags, why do people hate you so much? Two gold will get you the good stuff by the way."

Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Tuckered Kraken Tavern | Main Room:

The elemental blinked at Magnolia as she tried to talk, attempting to figure out what she was saying and momentarily worrying it was a language he didn't understand until she tried again, this time more coherent. Lestone looked down at the coin, then the bar then back at Magnolia with a side glance towards Ander as he cleared his throat, "I, ah ... did some unfortunate things. I hope to make up for it, but nothing can ever be truly promised." Flipping the coins in his hand, "I think I'll go sort out my breakfast ..." he walked towards Braen who was chatting with a few patrons at the corner of the bartop.

Taking a swig from his mug, Banrigg commented, "Kinda feel bad fer 'im. From what I understan', 'is situation wasn't too unlike what those chains did."

Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Yummy Devil Grocer:

Leading the way through the Porthcan streets, a few people called out and waved to Catelyn who replied back, asking about family and informing them about her intended gathering in the Maze. Virra could tell a few seemed surprised at her followers, and others seemed to react more to her mention of the Maze.

Keeping an eye out for those in need, and an ear out for cries of distress, the young cleric explained to the two behind her: "The Maze is ... a nicer way to refer to the slums of Porthca. Years ago, when the noble Tahyrst family could not keep up with demands for construction, they allowed people to build their own homes and ... unfortunately their standards were not as high as the skilled Dwarves would have preferred." Waving to someone, she continued, "People were very keen to live here, there was so much opportunity, that the homes were mostly just to grab them a piece of land so they could say they were Porthcan and cared little else."

A small child stopped Catelyn to give her a hug, and the pair could see a platinum coin passed between the two, the child awestruck at the sudden wealth they held, but the cleric's smile merely widened. "Be sure to give that to your momma, okay? I know she was wanting to get you something nice for your birthday!" The child chirped a yes before running off, happily skipping along.

Returning to her walk, "Some managed to find wealth and built a 'proper' house, but many still call the Maze their home, and many more ... nefarious types aswell." The cleric grimaced, "I try to aid them where I can, bringing food or news from the rest of Porthca -- so many actively avoid the area, and the guards view it as not worth their time." Pausing she smiled upwards at the store sign -- an imp happily biting into loaf of bread, "And here we are, the Yummy Devil Grocer. Usually I'm here earlier, but your visit threw my schedule off a little bit!" Turning to the pair, "Not that I mind -- it's nice to get visits from friends."

Pushing open the door, the smell of fresh bread wafted through the air, a few pastries on display, and a dark grey tiefling woman was moving through the room, stocking food on the shelves. Turning to greet her customers, she smiled, "Oh! Heya Catelyn. Wondered were you were, thought maybe something had happened again." Her silver eyes finally moved over and saw the rest of the company, "Looks like something did though -- those two are too nicely dressed to be of your usual flock, giving some tours, eh?"

Smiling, the tiefling approached and the pair could get a better look at her, though a strange clopping noise caught their attention. Looking downward at her feet, they realized her legs tapered down to cloven hooves, while a short tail swept behind her, ending around her knees. Her horns swept around her head and pointed outwards like a ram, and black hair was braided down her back, a few strays here and there had escaped her tie. "Name's Induis, and this is my store, the Yummy Devil Grocer. What can I do for you lot?"

Turning, Catelyn gestured to the pair, "This is Lady Virra, and this is Lord Tyrius -- they've offered to help me make my delivery into the Maze, even donating funds to do so. I'm hoping to spread some news at the same time with a large ... banquet I suppose. I'll have the usual order, but have you got anything special in?"

Induis scratched her chin, "Hm ... some of the lads managed to catch a real giant of a fish this morning, purchased some of it, intending to sell it off to the restaurants around here but ..." she sighed, "If it's you Cate, I'm willing to let you buy it."

Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Aedon House:

The stound of the staff caused the woman to jerk awake, running a hand along her chin to wipe away any drool. She blinked a few times, "Ah, uh ... unfortunately not -- this House is the Library for the Accmours within Porthca. The Mionaeli House, closer to the market and the docks is the one that acts as the merchants of the Accmour family." Ormeth smiled, "I can give you directions, but I think once you get near you'll recognize it ... they tend to be rather showy to try and bring in customers ..."

The young warlock waved to Lestone as he took his leave and followed him to the door, making sure to lock it behind him. Then, she flopped onto her bed with an exhausted sigh, pressing her face into the coarse pillow. Gods, what have I gotten myself into? Grandfather's lessons never dealt with supernatural power struggles! She thought to herself for a moment. I wonder if he knew of the capabilities of the ring as well, but I never saw him use any such powers before... I wish he was here. He would know what to do.

There was the soft rustle of wings as Wayne Junior fluttered over from Lestone's bed, landing on Valerie's bedpost. He nipped lightly at her hair and she laughed slightly, nudging the bird's beak away as she looked up to him with a faint smile. "Are you telling me to get back to work? A true taskmaster just as your namesake." She nuzzled the fierce looking bird's head to her cheek before pushing herself back up and standing, looking down at the parcel she had set out earlier.

She materialized a small letter opener out of salt and snipped the twine that held the parcel sealed to reveal a sleeveless dress made of pale blue cloth, accentuated by golden satin embroidery and an elaborate skirt of a similar blue with flecks of gold that sparkled in the light. It had been over a year since Valerie had seen the dress, the last gift her Grandfather had given her before his passing, save the salty ring that had sent her on her adventure. She had loved the beautiful garb ever since the moment she saw it, but had never actually had any occasion to wear it. There had been little cause for celebration in the months that had followed. Still, seeing it now brought on a mixture of emotions as it reminded the young woman of simpler times before her life was fraught with trials and danger.

Changing out of the simple tunic, Valerie began to assemble the elaborate outfit, enjoying the feel of fine fabric rather than the rough canvas and heavy metal plating that her usual adventures had required of her. It still amazed her the ways that the ring had changed her, especially in regards to her combat abilities. Perhaps that should be one of my next questions for the Tempest... It does not seem to matter what weapon I wield, they all feel comfortable in my hands. Thunderstrike more than most, I suppose... She briefly recalled the sensation she had received upon first gazing at the bow and flicked her hand, salt flowing out from the ring and taking the shape of the granular weapon. The drawstring looked far too difficult for Valerie's admittedly limited strength to manage, but it pulled back with ease in her hands as she took aim at the wall and let it go with a powerful twang! The string whipped back, narrowly avoiding her unprotected forearm, and the warlock grimaced before dropping the bow, which shattered on the ground and returned to the ring. Perhaps most archers do not wear dresses for a reason... I should visit a fletcher soon, however.

Refocusing, Valerie formed a small mirror out of salt in her hand, quickly putting on her makeup before looking to her hair with a slight frown. A trip to the barbershop could be useful as well... but I suppose we'll make do for now. She braided her hair with expert practice and then salt swirled out from the ring, changing its shade several times before she settled on a golden blonde for the day. Nothing too outrageous, there are likely to be many important first impressions today. Finally finishing her preparations, Valerie did a twirl for her avian companion and asked. "Well, what do you think, Wayne Junior? Perhaps not fit for the company back at Emberhallow, but should be more than enough for the merchant-kings of Porthca, yes?"

Following Cate into the streets, it quickly struck Virra just how much the cleric was at home there. Everyone seemed to know her -- and love her, too. A more cynical part of Virra's brain guessed why when she handed out a whole platinum piece to the first child who crossed her path, but not everyone she spoke to seemed penniless. A lot of them just wanted to chat, and the cleric seemed genuinely interested in their families and how well they were doing. She gave Ty a glance as they followed. "Okay, I'm starting to come around to her being the representative," she said via telepathy, as if she hadn't already told Cate what a good job she'd do.

By the time they reached the Yummy Devil Grocer, she was thoroughly reassured that the cleric was just as absurdly kind and self-effacing as she remembered. Content with enjoying the positive attention that came from being around her, she greeted the tiefling proprietor of the shop with a cheerful wave. "She calls me Lady, but I'm not one yet," she clarifies, admiring the woman's horns and hooves. The mention of a feast predictably gets her attention. "Oh, are you gonna need some help with that fish, Cate? I'm quite a good cook," she says proudly.

Ander makes an effort to ignore Lestone when he enters the room. It's hard to get past the image of wrestling someone off of a child who they are drowning and giving them a second chance. He looked down at his plate of food and didn't respond until Banrigg mentioned that he was as much a slave as Sybeth had been, under the complete control of his master. He swallowed a bite of food, feeling so angry with himself for not seeing that before. He couldn't help it...

The paladin looks over to all of the shorter folks at the table and raises an eyebrow. "Should I apologize to him?" he pointed over his shoulder with his thumb to Lestone. "I, uh, did punch 'im pretty hard, though, admittedly, he was undead at the time. I've got no trainin' in manners, and even if I did... I doubt it would cover how to speak with a former monster who you stopped from killing a little kid." He had a concerned look on his face, because he didn't know if he was sharing too much information, or if he was just as awkward as he felt.

Walking alongside Catelyn, Tyrius was uncomfortably aware how overdressed he was - even if his suit were a little rumpled aside from his jacket from the frequent wear it was seeing, Tyrius still stood out. Tyrius wasn't too surprised to see Catelyn handing out the platinum considering the first time he'd met her she was barefoot from giving someone her boots.

"Seeing this - I don't think we could have made a better choice." replied Tyrius as Virra reached into his mind.

Entering the Yummy Devil Grocer, Tyrius was immediately hit with the pleasant aroma of fresh bread. Giving Induis a polite nod of the head as he was introduced, Tyrius found himself almost offering to pay for the days groceries in addition to the sum he'd already donated. 'Does Catelyn have an aura like Pyria where you just get charmed into being a better person?' thought Tyrius idly. With the mention of a feast, Tyrius wondered what he could offer besides just providing a lot of fire to cook food on. "Virra is - she tends to cook most of the meals while we're camping for the night on the road." explained Tyrius, giving Virra a smile. "Speaking of - would you happen to have some rations for travellers? The kind that can keep for ten days or more?" asked Tyrius, thinking it might be an idea to restock suppies before remembering they might not have the same wagon again.

Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Tuckered Kraken Tavern | Main Room:

Leaning back in his seat, Banrigg shrugged after pushing his plate away. "Iunno what all happened 'fore I was around, but I ain't got much trainin' in manners either, but he seems t'be tryin' t'be better." The dwarf let out a burp then sighed happily. "Doubt I'm gonna get such food onna ship, glad it was enjoyable."

Closing his eyes for a moment, "Aren't you lot all 'bout redeemin' yerself? At least yer gods? Not really religious m'self, but thought that was th' whole point of religion?"

Turning to look at Terminus he added, "What're yer thoughts on this strange situation, eh? Someone who used t'be an enemy attemptin' to be an ally now?"

Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Tuckered Kraken Tavern | Private Room:

As Valerie busies herself with dressing, Wayne Jr. amuses himself with fluttering around the room, perching here and there, occasionally giving a low screech of reply anytime she glanced his direction. The hawk was far more interested in pecking at the things Valerie had brought with her and enjoying not being cooped up in its cage.

Hearing its name directly the hawk turned to look at the warlock and gave a screech. Whether it was approval or not, it was hard to tell.

Beginning to pull out coins for the purchase, Catelyn smiled down at Virra, "Any help would be appreciated, but only if you want to."

Induis dipped her head slightly towards Tyrius, "Not really my specialty, Lord, but yes, I do stock rations like hardtack and jerky."

Terminus slows his chewing as he thinks about what has been discussed, and the question posed by Banrigg. Abrahms lifts her head from the plate, a bit of sausage sticking out of her mouth, one ear forward, one tilted back with a slight confused look on her face, but then goes back to eating.

"i do not know. I have never had that experience. It sssoundsss like at the time there was no choice, in either case sssomeone was going to be injured. You protected a child. it sssoundsss to me the right call wasss made." Terminus returns to eating after requesting a saucer of milk or cream. Upon hearing the request, Abrahms' tail picks up speed.

"Can I pet your cat?" Mag's had roughly been following the conversation, but couldn't help herself any longer. She had to pet the floofs.
"And I wouldn't worry to much about punching that guy, if it really was a situation similar to the manacles..." her voice fades away, loosing herself once again to the recesses of her mind... "he wouldn't have a choice..."

"It isss not for me to decide.", turning to look at Abrahms, who looks up from the plate to Terminus, then Magnolia, then back to Terminus, then with a sigh back to Magnolia. Abrahms closes her eyes and her ears are folded back, but not in a menacing way, more preparing for some sort of contact.

"Thank you for the directions, but I was also wondering if you could help me out with one thing." Eliza took out her only copy of the manacle runes and passed it over to Ormeth keeping a protective hand over the pages, "I transcribed these runes from an object my group found on our travels. I hoped the Accmours library might contain some books that could help decipher them. This is my only copy so please be careful." She cautioned as she lifted her hands from the paper.

Laughing to herself, Valerie smiled warmly to the fierce hawk and pat him on the head. "Thank you, Wayne Junior." She walked over to her chest and grabbed a leather glove that was sitting out on top, putting it on her right hand before offering it out to Wayne Junior. "I do not know about you, but I am famished. Shall we?" The bird screeched his response and fluttered over, landing on the glove. The young warlock then opened the door and began to head downstairs before remembering something at the last moment. She quickly returned and locked the door containing all of her possessions before finally heading down to meet up with the rest of the party.

Dressed in her formal wear, Valerie must have been quite the strange sight in the Tuckered Kraken, yet she seemed to be perfectly at home there. Forgetting that she had been masquerading as the Knight during her previous stay, she smiled to the bartender. "Hello Baern, can I have an order of eggs and bacon for breakfast? Oh, and perhaps a bowl of sausage for my little friend here." Spying her friends eating their meals next to a kobold and a large cat of all things, she beamed at them and waved as she approached. "Good morning everyone! I trust that you all slept well last night?" Turning to the kobold, Valerie curtsied towards him while Wayne Junior eyed his companion suspiciously. "Apologies Mister, but I do not believe that I have had the pleasure. My name is Valerie Rhitegast. If I might ask, how is it that you know..." She paused as she realized that someone was missing from the table and glanced around the tavern before spying Lestone sitting on his own. It has been centuries since the man has been able to share a meal with friends... this does not feel right. Watching for a moment, she then turned back to the table with a slight frown. "I am so very sorry, back in a moment."

Valerie approached the strange runed man with a hint of hesitation before speaking. "Lestone? What are you doing over here, should you not be eating with company? Come on, I will introduce you to them properly. I do not know the little scaled fellow so I cannot say for certain, but Magnolia, Ander and Banrigg are fine company. In fact, I actually met Banrigg here for the first time when we shared a meal together, and he is a very good breakfast buddy." She smiled to him encouragingly.

Virra grinned. "'Course I want to. Someone else'll have to take over if it goes on for more than a few hours, though -- Ty and me kind of have plans after midday." She'd never cooked a fish that had taken several hours, but she imagined certain types demanded it. She'd snatch the requisite knowledge from the noosphere anyhow; she never worried about the details when there was an opportunity to show off.

Realising that her own pack was a little light on rations too, she raised her hand. "Actually, Ms Induis, could I get some of that hardtack and jerky? About ten days' worth, same as Lord Silverbane," she said with a teasing half-bow towards Ty.

Tyrius awkwardly smiled as Virra addressed him as 'Lord Silverbane' - he'd been about to tell Induis to just call him Tyrius. Though realising that Virra was just winding him up, Tyrius still said, "Please, call me Tyrius." with a smile to the shop owner.

Glancing to Catelyn, Tyrius smiled and explained, "After what happened - Eliza went with Benito and arranged to meet us at midday." Tyrius still hadn't made his mind up whether he should just go to the De'Porthca Manor and try to make up with Benito. Though for the moment his own guilty conscience was more than happy to make him stay with the Cleric of the Crying God and try to do some small amount of good, even if it was just feeding people who didn't have the advantages he had. "Beyond that - I don't know if we're rushing off or taking a few days to stay here." explained Tyrius. They'd been so focused on dealing with The Sea that thoughts of after hadn't entered into their minds aside from mid to long term goals such as dealing with the manacles and developing countermeasures and going to Chilldrift. "Though I'm happy to help out until then." smiled Tyrius enthusiastically.

The halfling Magnolia reached out to pet the large cat, who chattered as she did so, as if not entirely keen on the way the woman was attempting to pet her, but at the same time did not bite at her hand.

Baern gave the hawk a surprised look, especially seeing it on the arm of what looked to be a noble woman who'd snuck by somehow. The bartender nodded, yelling off the order as Valerie worked her way around the room.

Lestone was still standing at the bar waiting for his meal when the warlock approached and he jumped slightly before turning towards her. "Oh -- hey. I, ah, kind of got the cold shoulder from them, so I figured I'd busy myself with attempting to get breakfast. You handed me gold, but I honestly don't know how much it's worth these days. Once upon a time, I could have probably purchased this place for a single coin," he held up one of the gold pieces she had given him earlier. "I'm hoping clothing hasn't gotten more expensive too ... I enjoy a good breeze, but, er, I also enjoy not feeling practically naked walking around."

Induis and Catelyn began gathering everything the cleric had requested, and Catelyn nodded towards Virra, "Oh of course. If you have something more important, that's perfectly fine! Your presence and help already is wonderful."

The tiefling motioned like she was writing something in her palm, "So twenty day's worth of rations? That'll be six gold total for those. I can package it along with all the foodstuff for Cate."

Pulling out a large sack, Catelyn started placing everything inside, the various meats wrapped safely to keep them from getting too messed up. Thinking for a moment, "Hm ... you all were gone for quite a while, it'd be nice if you could take some time to rest." She smiled, "I know Porthca maybe hasn't been ... entirely the best experience for you all, but as my home, I know it's definitely got a more pleasant side to it. You just need to know where to look!"

Chuckling came from Induis, "Ah ... sure you're not really a cleric of Lathander or something? Always like a ray of sunshine."

Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Aedon House:

Ormeth pushed her hair out of the way as she looked over the runes, "Hmm... my expertise is in enchantment true ... but generally enchantment of a person, not so much a thing." She gently took the pages from Eliza, "I can see what can be dug up, speak to a few others and attempt to get back to you?" Looking up at the half-orc, "I'll hopefully have a response by the end of the day."

Valerie frowned as Lestone mentioned her friends ignoring him, glancing back to look at them before turning back to the elemental man. “They will warm up to you, I am certain of it. I believe you might just need some help breaking the ice.” She smiled before giggling a little as he asked about money. “It was not long ago that I had to learn the value of gold myself. Back home, I rarely had to carry it with me. Everyone knew that Grandfather quickly settled his debts.”

At Lestone’s mention of his clothes, Valerie glanced down at the rags before almost immediately looking away, blushing slightly. “If it costs more, then I shall give you more. I do not mind, anything for a friend.” She gave Lestone a smile to try to make him more comfortable in the rather awkward situation before she took him by the hand and gave it a slight tug. “Now, enough of this, they will bring your food to the table. I know it has been a few centuries, but I doubt that the art of making new friends has changed that much.”

"A friend, eh? Not something I've heard said my way for a long time ..."
the ancient elemental followed along behind the warlock as she led him back towards the table. With a gesture, a strong breeze brought two chairs over for them to sit in. Lestone stood somewhat awkwardly behind Valerie, not entirely willing to meet Ander's gaze as he rubbed his neck.

Mags was happy to pet the large cat, "not to keen on the whole, getting pats yet eh? Well how about a snack instead?"
Offering the large feline a piece of bacon, not everything was going to like her... It wouldn't stop her from trying though.

The return of Lestone and an empty mouth allowed her a bit more composure then previously, "oh hey again! Did you order something good? The food isn't fantastic here but it's way better then some places. This one time, I stopped at this inn and I wanted some chicken. Turns out this giant jerk face had just eaten all of them, think he was called the Basset Hound or something like that, anywho so then I had to have soup. It was terrible."

"That's fortunate then because I need to figure out how exactly these manacles are enchanting people. Their effect stays even after we get them off and maybe these runes have the answer to fixing their damage." Eliza leaned over her detailed notes and tapped a few of the runes bringing them to Ormeth's attention, "I believe these ones to be the source of its magic from my limited resources but maybe you can glean more from it." The wizard softly brushed flat her creasing notes momentarily lost in her thoughts. "Anything you can find would be great in helping out the victims affected by this wicked enchantment. I would do it myself but...anyway, thank you again."

She gave a quick wave in farewell and hurriedly left the place in pursuit of the Mionaeli house. She felt some measure of unease walking alone after having spend so long with others but she pushed aside her reservations and focused on following Ormeth's directions carefully. The last thing she wanted was to get lost in this labyrinth of a city then be late for her meeting.

Mid-Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Tuckered Kraken Tavern | Main Room:

"I ordered something simple at least," Lestone replied. "I haven't eaten anything in a very long time, I'm a little worried if I even still can, or if I can even still taste anything."

Mid-Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Mionaeli House:

Ormeth seemed distracted by the pages of runes Eliza had set down before her, and barely noticed as the half-orc left, already enthralled by the task asked of her.

Walking down the streets, this time paying attention to the buildings and not merely where she was headed, Eliza noticed a large building that stood out from the rest -- there were moving images in the windows, rows of potions and spell components on display even just from the street. The structure itself, unlike the rest of the Accmour houses that tended to blend in, almost seemed desperate to grab attention with how ornate and decorated it looked, almost like a manor had been built in the marketplace.

Entering into the building, an entire wall is nothing but spell components, stored and labeled into small shelves where it can fit, multiple aisles are set up, ranging from accessories, to gloves, boots, belts, cloaks, armors, and even weapons, along with wands and staffs. Along the back wall is a large cabinet that seems to house scrolls and books, with a glowing rune across the front that spins slowly in the air.

A few other customers wander the shop, a few guided by people in Accmour colors, and the mage can overhear one explaining the properties of a ring to one woman, while another supervises someone in trying on a set of enchanted armor.

A male halfling approached Eliza, bowing his head for a moment, "Greetings! I am Coreon Accmour, here to guide you through the Mionaeli House and aid you in whatever you need." He smiled up at her, "What can I do for you this day?"

Eliza paused outside the door and smiled soaking in this scene. If the store had been a fraction of the size with tall, wobbly stacks of disorganized knicknacks, it would be like home. She could almost hear the footsteps of a lurking half-orc in the attic upstairs.

As she entered the shop and met the halfling, she grinned wide in spite of herself momentarily forgetting her tusks. “Greetings, Mister Accmour! It is quite the place you have got here,” she exclaimed as she reverently scanned the stacks and shelves. “I haven’t seen a place like this since Azarad.”

Shaking her head aware of the time, she looked back to the halfling, “I am in need of some spells and scribing material actually. What do you currently have in stock?” She enquired hoping her gold was enough for her extended list.

Mid-Morning of the Twenty-Seventh Day | Porthca | Mionaeli House:

Coreon smiled, "Ah, someone from the magical capital of Okesh then? Pleasure to have a knowledgeable customer. We have plenty of scrolls in stock and magically imbued ink and paper for copying." His eyes glazed over for a moment as he began to list: "Two scrolls of speak with animals, two scrolls of find familiar, two scrolls of lightning arrow, then one scroll of faerie fire, identify, alarm, shield, thunderwave, create or destroy water, arms of hadar, chromatic orb, magic missile, healing word, locate animals & plants, rope trick, call lightning, beacon of hope, fly, clairvoyance, fireball, phantom steed, major image, polymorph, guardians of faith, divination, destructive smite, commune, magic jar, wind walk, teleport, Mordenkainen's sword, and," he took a deep breath, "sequester."

His eyes focused again, "Let me know if any of those interest you. We also are willing to scribe custom scrolls, if you're willing to pay a little more and have some patience as the process takes time."

Valerie watched in surprise as the chair flew over on its own volition but quickly took a seat, smiling to her friends before looking over to the kobold. "Apologies for the rushed introduction earlier. Have you known my friends for long or recently met? This place does happen to have a knack for making new friends." The hawk on her arm fluttered over to rest on the back of her chair. Her hands were placed in her lap and back sat up straight as she peered over to see if there was any progress on her meal. She then laughed at Magnolia's story. "It sounds as if this Basset Hound had quite the taste for poultry. I must confess I am rather famished, but I cannot imagine eating an entire inn's worth of chicken. We should keep an eye out for this man on the road, and put a stop to his selfish chicken eating ways."

Virra fished three gold coins out of her pocket and reached up to put them on the counter. "She's great, isn't she?" she grinned to Induis. "Me and Ty need to stop hanging around her so much. People are gonna realise we don't measure up."

As she prepared to start stowing dried trail rations into the secret places in her bag and clothes, she found herself dwelling on what Cate had just said. "Actually... maybe we could take some time to rest," she mused. "When we go and find the others at midday, maybe we could get them to come to this feast of yours. Have a nice little celebration and forget about the future for a bit. Doesn't that sound good, Ty?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back