Porthca Landing III: Burned Bridges & Broken Chains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ander let out a louder chuckle than he intended at Bright's courageous statement. "My mistake, young friend. You cert'nly are bright like the sun." He showed the young tabaxi his holy symbol. "I know a bit 'bout the sun, maself." He smiled at the children and listened to Dew's concerns. He turned to her and gave her a slightly sad look. "Don't worry, little Miss, my friends are just tryin' ta see if your papa knows anything that might help us. We're tryin' ta be helpers... savin' folks, fightin' monsters, that kinda stuff." He wasn't sure how to ease their fears, but he suddenly chuckled again, having never put into words what he had been doing for the past month, and he shook his head. He tried to stifle himself and said, "It's gonna be ok."

Late-Morning of the Twenty-Eighth Day | Azarad | Slums Area:

Reaching over, Three Stripe collected the next set of coin, placing them in a pouch, "In this area, you will find ... hm, it hurts Three Stripe to admit, but you will find small peddlers like himself. Limited to the slums and alleys. But!" he begins, noting he was likely losing confidence from Virra and Magnolia, "The shiny, glittering magic sellers that circle Azarad eagerly are not always the most honest themselves. Three Stripe will not name exactly, but a few have purchased his stock to fill their shelves. In Azarad, not all that glitters is even gold."

In the back room, Bright leaned in to look at Ander's symbol, reaching out as if to tap at it before pulling back.

Dew's ears flicked as she tried to understand what Ander was saying, "But uhm, why? Are you hopin' to get something out of it? Dad's said no one does things for free, an', an' if they are, you better watch your tail, cuz they're gonna take somethin' for sure."

Ander raised an eyebrow and gave a sad expression. He was heartbroken that these young children had to live with such fear in their lives. "I... well, I don't want nothin'," Ander exclaimed, "I lost a lot of people I cared about a lot, and I'm hopin' to bring as many of them home as I can." He was rattled by this conversation and he stammered . "But trust me, young friend, there are good people out there. I help people because its the right thing ta do, not for any reward. I want the world to be made better by my actions for the short time I am here." He couldn't fathom a life with such a sad view of the world, even after all he had been through.

Mags had remains stiff faced the entire time, but she could see that means concern. He's just trying to feed his family. "Three Stripe, if you are not a mage or enchanter where do your wares come from? I mean you obviously have some very discerning items that I'm sure would be hard to make. That leads me to my second question, what will a name cost us? If it wouldn't put your family in danger that is?"

She began rummaging in her pockets for some candies from home, kids that grew up like this, they deserved better. She found a handful and placed them next to the pile of candy.

Valerie let out another annoyed huff as Zorei defended Niradnam, although internally she was relieved to hear that people had a positive opinion of her friend. She was not entirely sure what to make of Maestro Zorei-Hanari so far, but it seemed like she was not entirely cut from the same cloth as her own snobby performance was at least. As the Maestro spoke of her business here, Valerie nodded her agreement. ”Yes, I would most certainly agree with that assessment Maestro. I briefly studied Oshelan music in my youth, although I am afraid that my own talents with the flute would certainly be put to shame in comparison to your own musical ability.” At her glare at the office, she added. “Perhaps you should add manners as one of your courses that you offer.”

Valerie was about to respond to the Maestro’s questions, but from the sudden banging of the door flying open, it was clear that it was not truly a question for her. Slightly surprised by the sudden outburst, she took in the appearance of the Bursar, noting his pin and the shiny tattoos curiously before the man addressed her in a voice she nearly missed hearing. Her expression was one of privileged annoyance as she responded. “Apologies, it was rather difficult to do so as I was uninformed of the university’s claiming of my assets.” Sighing slightly, her expression grew slightly less annoyed as she gave him a brief curtsy. “Still, I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Valerie Rhitegast, daughter of Reynold Rhitegast, son of the great Wayne Rhitegast of Emberhallow.” She paused briefly before adding. “I believe this is the part where you invite me in to discuss my case.”

The one tabaxi kitten seemed plenty occupied with the much larger Abrahms while their siblings spoke with Ander. Bright and Dew seemed to try and take a moment to understand what the paladin was saying, with Bright tilting his head as he spoke, "Oh ... people actually do that? Jus' wanna help people?"

Dew shoved her brother lightly, "Dad says that's what mom used to do, till ... well, yanno. She couldn't anymore. Jus' weird to hear someone say th' same, cuz don't hear that kinda thing around here, in the slums, yanno."

Three Stripe spread his arms, "Ah, you ask for Three Stripe's secrets," he grinned, "Mm ... you're paying well enough, Three Stripe is eager for any questions he can answer. He gets his items from graduating Azarad students, class work they toss or don't pass their standards. It is ... dirtying and unpleasant, trying to dig through the trash of a university, but sometimes Three Stripe must do so. The nicer things, the true valuable magical things, those are careful barters with traveling adventurers that decide to speak with Three Stripe."

At Magnolia's second question he thought longer, "A name ... is very pricey. They have kept Three Stripe in his home when otherwise Three Stripe and his kittens would be left to be strays, street cats."

Late-Morning of the Twenty-Eighth Day | Azarad | Office:

Othello watched Valerie with a fairly blank stare before offering a very soft, "I see. Another Rhitegast."

Maestro Zorei-Hanari glared at him, "'I zee'? That'z all you offer thiz woman? For zhame!"

The Bursar glanced briefly at Zorei, "Our conversation from earlier is finished, Maestro," he replied in monotone. "If you wish another attempt, it would be best if you stopped while you were ahead."

With a huff she fell into one of the waiting seats, "I will ztop, but I will ztay here and zpeak with dear Niradnam, or am I forbidden from zuch az well?" Othello merely ignored her as Niradnam went to sit back in one of the chairs, awkwardly looking between the Maestro, Valerie and Othello.

Looking upwards and off to the side for a few seconds, Othello turned on his heels and began walking back into his office, "Very well. Enter."

Lestone looked confused on if he should follow or not, deciding to stay with Valerie to try and keep up his own charade, offering Niradnam a small wave, assuming Valerie followed into the office. Entering the room is quite sparse, most of the walls are covered in floating scrolls that seem to scribe themselves, scratching out past notes and writing new ones, some barely move while others are a whirlwind of activity. In the center of the room sits a large wooden desk, a comfortable chair behind it and a few cushioned ones in front of it, which Othello makes a faint gesture towards for the pair to sit. On a table in the corner sits a large silver mirror with no defects, on a smaller velvet cushion before it is a very fine pearl, and next to that on a cushioned pillow sits a jeweled horn next to a painted glass eye.

Othello seated himself and became still, "You have an issue with the University," he spoke softly again. "Accusing the University of taking your funds from what I gather. However the funds were sent only under the instruction they be used to pay for a Rhitegast family member to study here. Someone showed with the Rhitegast name, obviously not you. In my opinion this is a family conflict to be sorted elsewhere. Unless you have any 'ideas', Valerie Rhitegast, daughter of Reynold Rhitegast, son of the great Wayne Rhitegast of Emberhallow."

Valerie raised an eyebrow in surprise. Another Rhitegast? Whatever could that mean? She had not communicated with what remained of her family for quite some time, but from what she could recall there were not any other Rhitegast's attending Azarad at the moment. She fell a little quiet as the conversation continued before the Bursar told her to come in, and she turned and gave the Maestro and Niradnam a quick curtsy. "Thank you both, I appreciate your assistance." Briefly meeting Niradnam's eyes, she looked slightly worried before she entered the room. She was glad to see that Lestone had chosen to follow, feeling more and more apprehensive on the topic as she looked around the strange room.

Taking a seat in one of the chairs, Valerie was quiet as she heard the Bursar explain the situation, her feigned expression slipping away as she listened, concern growing on her face until he concluded. Briefly, she searched for a way to swing the conversation in her favor but she was unable to focus as she tried to think of who it might have been. Perhaps one of Erasmus's children, but I cannot imagine why they would... She stopped. A fair bit of time had passed in silence and Othello was still looking towards her for an answer. At this point, she dropped the charade. "I... erm... I am sorry for my rudeness, Bursar Othello. I have spent the past year or so grieving my dear late Grandfather's death and have been out of touch with my relatives for quite some time. I was unaware that the arrangement between the university and my family was so ill-defined, but I suspect that those terms may be the fault on our end. Apologies for my hostility."

Valerie looked crestfallen and was a little surprised herself by how disappointed she was by this news. The past few months she had nearly forgotten about her enrollment into the school, but after seeing all of the amazing things her friends were capable of, some small part of her had grown excited about the prospect of being able to learn some talents of her own, beyond the potent powers that were given to her. After a long silence, she spoke up again in a smaller voice. "By any chance are you aware of the name of the other Rhitegast that is attending the university?"

Rin shakes her head at Tyrius' request, a little sadly. "Unfortunately lad they don't know about colours or anything like that. Their vision is a lot different to ours. Showing them your pin or a completely empty one will still be the same to them." The elderly gnome still holds out the bag of candy for people to take things as her expression goes from slightly melancholic to positive. "Still, it's an improvement on what we did know before. I'm sure with what the others might learn that it could become very useful."

Helping himself to a candy as Rin held out the bag, Tyrius smiled to her as he reattached the pin to his lapel. "Thanks, Rin," said Tyrius as he popped the candy into his mouth and walked towards the edge, stopping five feet before the edge of the balcony and looking down. It looked like quite a drop, chances were if someone was going to use the balcony as an escape route, they'd need some arcane means to avoid slamming into the ground and becoming a pancake on the floor. Turning around and looking at the walls, Tyrius could see from the way they were smooth stone that chances were that nobody had climbed up the walls onto the roof. As he turned back, Tyrius noticed it was becoming harder and harder to move. Each step he took seemed to take more effort than the last.

Walking back to Rin and Eliza, Tyrius said, "Looks like chances are if anyone was using this balcony as an escape route, they'd have had to go over the side of the balcony but need some way of descending safely." Before he could say anything else, the effect of the candy, which Tyrius had barely noticed before, finally set in. Rin and Eliza were left staring at a stone statue wearing Tyrius' suit with an odd glazed over expression on his face.

Last edited:
Rin watches the sorcerer take a candy and wander off, before suddenly looking at the bag for a moment with wide eyes. The gnome looks up to see Tyrius pop the sweet into his mouth just as she speaks. "Oh dear not that - never-mind lad. Don't you worry." She quickly tucks the bag away before Eliza can take one, pulling out the bag of Shorian candies instead and holding them out for her. "Little fey trick I think Elly, that bag of candies is... well it's a little special. Not the one I meant to bring out." She looks over to Tyrius as he walks to the edge. "I wonder what one he took."

When he comes back she looks at him a little strangely, as if trying to size him up, when he promptly turns into stone. The gnome immediately bursts into laughter, doubling over and slapping her knee. Through the laughter she barely manages to get a few words out. "Oh. Oh dear. That was the wrong one. Not the one I would have picked." Taking a deep breath she manages to calm herself and pats Tyrius on the leg affectionately. "Sorry lad, didn't actually mean to give you one of those. Still, funny though." The druid gives Eliza a wink and chuckles again. "Don't worry Elly lass, he's be as right as rain in a little while. Until then I think the garden looks nice with a statue." She bursts out laughing again.

Late-Morning of the Twenty-Eighth Day | Azarad | Office:

Lestone stood behind Valerie's chair, taking in the strange room and the various scrolls. Hearing her tone shift he placed a hand on her shoulder briefly before remembering to be the stoic servant.

"Understandable," the Bursar replied. Shifting his gaze slightly over to the wall, a scroll floated over to his desk, one of the few that was less active. Pushing the quill to the side where it lay on the desk, he placed his hand on the ink, Valerie and Lestone able to pick out that they were names, and pulled them towards himself, unraveling the scroll. Its length didn't seem to change but the written text moved, "Lord Mateo Rhitegast," Othello finally spoke. "Attempting to study in the College of Swords. It seems he has become a favorite of his mentors in the few months he has been here."

Releasing his hand from the scroll, it floated back to its place against the wall. Bringing his hands to rest on the desk, Othello studied Valerie, "I assume you aren't going to do anything to the boy, as a student of this university, I would have to take defensive measures. Students are a danger to themselves as it is with magic, we don't need outside forces to deal with as well. If there's anything else."

Late-Morning of the Twenty-Eighth Day | Azarad | Balcony:

Eliza busied herself with notes as Rin continued to speak with the plants on the balcony, trying to see what she could understand even without the spell given the plants movements, and make sense of the sounds Rin was making to apparently speak with them.

Once Rin had seemingly finished she clapped lightly, "How impressive, I'm still learning what magic is capable of! I would have never thought to ask the plants ..." Busy in her own thoughts of what other uses such magic could have she missed the original offering of candy. Glancing back at Rin as she called out to Tyrius, the half-orc took a candy offered from the new bag with a brief "Thank you!" and sampled it, only to choke briefly as Tyrius froze mid-step into stone.

"Oh -- oh no!" Leaning on her stick she pushed herself to standing, "What happened?" She brought a hand to her throat, "Am I going to have the same thing happen? Is this candy cursed too?" Eliza's eyes widened in a quickening panic.

That was another question answered. Virra dutifully produced another two platinum coins for the tabaxi merchant, though the interrogation was starting to wear on her. Seeing Magnolia fish out some candy to add to the pile, she decided that she'd let the halfling foot the bill for her own question. Then another thought occurred to her and she fired off a worried mental message. "Hey, Mags, did you actually put your truth spell up? I didn't feel anything!" Good grief, they had to be the worst investigators in the world.

The gnome took a moment to chew over Three Stripe's ominous statement about his sources. "How pricey is 'very pricey'?" she asked with a small sigh. "Gimme that question on the house, at least." It was difficult to muster much enthusiasm. What were the odds that the name he offered would turn out to be a dead lead anyway? Virra wished she had insisted on accompanying the university students somehow. Having to tell Niradnam and the others that she'd turned up no evidence would be a real crappy ending to an already frustrating day.

Still, she had to try. Virra looked Three Stripe in the face. "And trust me when I say we won't drop your friends in hot water if they aren't the ones causing chaos. We're not gonna blab about you telling us, either. We're just trying to keep our own friends safe."

Last edited:
"of course not, this guy is completely on the level. Trust me I'm all over this." She followed his vision to room with the kittens, his concern for his kittens evident. It made her heart so heavy it ached. She shifted nervously in her seat waiting for a response from him. She wasn't going to let anything happen to these kids...

Rin makes a few calming motions towards Eliza, seeing the young half-orc's panic starting to rise. "Nothing is cursed, the candy you had is totally safe. It's from the bag we bought earlier today." She forces herself not to laugh again as she looks over to Tyrius. "The one that poor lad took from however wasn't that bag. I could have sworn I had the right bag in my hand when I offered them out." The elderly gnome shrugs a little. "Either it's my old eyes going or some trick of the enchantment on the bag. Don't worry about Tyrius though Elly, he will be right as rain in about an hour or so."

Eliza still chewed on her lip as she studied the statue-esque sorcerer, "If you say so, Rin ... but should we move him anywhere? Out of the way? He's kind of obvious about not matching the rest of the decor."

Tapping Tyrius lightly with her stick, the half-orc turned her attention to Rinmerrion proper, "Where did you get that bag? Did you make it? What all can it do?" She paused to catch her breath, "Sorry, just I really like learning about magic items, and we only just found magical candy earlier, so finding someone with a personal bag is -- well, so interesting! Do you know what each candy will do?"

Under the bushes, Egnaro sat with his tail twitching as he watched the scene, one ear flicking occasionally from touching a leaf of a shrub. In the office room, Niradnam shifted in his seat to look out towards the balcony, but his attention was taken once more by the Maestro since she had apparently decided he was her entertainment for the moment.

The end of Three Stripe's tail began to twitch more erratically until the tabaxi moved it under his lag to keep it still as he thought, studying Virra intensely. Finally he spoke, "Pricey is ... hard to truly name. Three Stripe almost feels he has to ask you two what it means to you. Almost like," he waved a hand briefly as he tried to find the right word, "Almost like ... an exchange. Three Stripe feels you are being truthful in turn, and will attempt to not let it slip that he gave the information, but at the same time, Three Stripe will need something to fall back on, if that makes sense? Something protective perhaps, if Three Stripe and his kittens are attacked or gone after. You may try to be secretive, but some people always know."

"Yer momma sounds like she was a great lady. Do y'all know what happened ta her?" He instantly realised that asking small children how their mother died is not the best move, so he stammered again, "I... uh... lost my folks when I was a bit younger than you lot. I grew up with a bunch a folks who taught me that doin' good is its own reward. Sounds like yer momma felt the same way, eh?"

Magnolia’s answer did not give Virra the reassurance she was looking for. “But... we talked such a big game about casting it, and...” she said, before giving the telepathic equivalent of a sigh. “Fine. Whatever.” With Ander off playing with the kittens and Terminus being his quiet self, she would have to begrudgingly judge the halfling’s instincts.

Perversely, it actually raised Virra’s hopes to hear that Three Stripe feared for his safety should his important suppliers learn that he shared their names. If they were willing to harm the tabaxi or his family, then they would definitely be willing to sell magic items to sketchy types — or use them for sketchy means themselves, she imagined. Still, Three Stripe wasn’t giving the information away for free. Virra scrambled to think of what he might consider worthy enough to “fall back on”. What did she have to offer? A promise to protect him? Even more money? The shirt off her back?

“Something protective,” she repeated under her breath. Then her eyes lit up. “Got it! How about the Rod of... ugh, what did Val call it? Rolly... Ruddy... Rulership!” Finally smiling again, she leaned forward. “It’s a really nifty thing that forces a ton of people to do what you tell ‘em, so long as it doesn’t go against their nature. That’s sure to protect you if any goons come knocking! I mean, not if you told ‘em to go beat up whoever sent them, but if you just said “Stand still”... yeah, that’d work.” Grinning, she punched Magnolia on the shoulder. “Go on, Mags. Show him.”

Last edited:
The lightbulb went off in her head, Virra had a fantastic idea. "Alright, everyone stand back." With a rather dramatic flourish she spread out the portable hole in the small room. Some furniture had to be moved out of the way but as long as no kittens fell in it should be fine.
"Wahooo!" she cheered as she kept into the hole, tucked into a tight ball. There was a loud crash followed by somewhat pained "I'm good! Just landed on a cooking pot."
The sounds of her searching through her and the party's things was accompanied by some banging, minor curses in primordial and sometimes an item being throw from the hole. This went on for about five minutes before a the previously mentioned rod of rulership was thrown out of the hole. Shortly followed by the halfling.
"Wow, we should really get some boxes for organization in there." she then grabbed the edge and scooped the entire thing up, accompanied by the sound of more things crashing together as they were jostled about.

Rin waves her hand dismissively. "I doubt either of us, or both together, could shift him that far if we wanted and it's better to avoid making the effort. That's how you do yourself an injury Elly." As the young half-orc asks about the bag of candy she takes it out again and looks it over, a nostalgic smile on her face as she does so. "My husband, Selitaris, got this for me oh... it must be well over a hundred and fifty years ago now." She smiles to herself as she runs a finger around the edge. "I have no idea where he got it, he would never tell me, but in Shoria we have a saying that if something is playing a joke, a fey is involved somehow. Wouldn't surprise me if he had done some sort of deal with one, the rogue." Looking up at Eliza the elderly gnome gives a warm, motherly smile with a slight mischievous edge to it. "Oh I know what edge one does lass, definitely. Whether or not I'm fast enough to shout out a warning to some impetuous scamp like Tirry here well, clearly not."

When Rin pulls out the bag, Eliza quickly knelt to investigate it, turning this way and that to get a better look. "Ooh ... your husband got it for you? How sweet! I wonder if the fey really are involved in it ..." The half-orc tried to peer into the bag, "So what do the others do?"

Three Stripe's eyes widened at Valerie's offer, looking towards Magnolia as the gnome called out her name. Picking up the Rod of Rulership, the tabaxi studied it, "You ... would give Three Stripe this as your payment? This is very powerful ... He will accept."

Returning to his seat he kept the magic item nearby, his tail tapping it as he continued. "Near to the gate of Azarad ... there's a magic store named The Antique Song. The owner ... is a Goliath who towers over everyone that comes in, but he always has items in stock and is always where Azarad students head first. Much of his wares come from smaller merchants like Three Stripe, though he will tell tales of expert craftsmanship and far off treasure hordes. The young students devour the tales as he devours their coin."

The kittens gathered around Ander as he briefly shared his story, with Dew offering a light paw on Ander's arm. "At least ya grew up big an' strong?"

Bright sat with his legs crossed, holding the tip of his tail in his hand, "Yeah, dad said she used t'be a healer, but somethin' about her meant healing spells couldn't work on her." He shrugged, "'Posedly didn't slow her down till ... she got sick from someone she was helpin'. She made sure none of us caught it, but she got so ... worn out ..." his speaking got softer as he continued until the young tabaxi was staring at the floor.

Virra's face lit up. "And this Goliath guy might have sold something shady to those students? If he has, then..." Then they might have a lead, she dared to hope. Excited, she glanced at Magnolia. "Mags, do you have anything else you wanna ask? If you don't, I'm all for calling in at The Antique Song to see what we can find." She turned pre-emptively to yell for Ander to come back, but something side-tracked her. "Aw, heck, there I go forgetting the deal," she said mildly, pushing another two platinum coins towards Three Stripe. Maybe he'd already received something for this particular question, but Virra's good mood demanded to be expressed somehow.

Ander notices that the dealing behind him seems to be wrapping up and he feels a bit sad. He looks to the kids before him as he remembers all he knows about people who can't be healed and he feels more sad. He does his best to keep a happy-ish face for the young ones as he begins to stand. "Your momma sounds like quite the hero. You should keep thinkin' ah her fondly. In fact, you know what, I wanna be like her. Would ya tell me the name of my new hero so I can remember her in my prayers?" He slung Dawnbreaker back over his shoulder and placed a hand on each of the kitten's heads, saying a short blessing, something he had picked up in his studies of Selune, hoping that it might ring a bell for the little ones.

As he had his hand on each of their heads, he let a small amount of healing energy flow out of himself, feeling nothing odd occur with the magic he had been feeling for years. He breathed a sigh of relief as he finished the prayer and smiled down at the kids.

Rin smiles to Eliza and shrugs off her pack, hanging it on Tyrius' outstretched arm. She pulls out the bag and holds it out to Eliza. "Oh he was a real sweetheart definitely. I'm not sure about fey to be honest but that's always the rumour." The elderly gnome shakes the bag a little bit to show off the candies that are left. "Well there is one, you see that heart shaped one, that one heals people. There is another one that makes people think they are a dog. That barrel shaped one right there makes people drunk. And this coffin shaped one." She pulls out a candy and holds it up, it is pale blue and shaped like a coffin. "This one means the next thing you kill can't come back as a zombie or a skeleton or any of that spooky stuff."

The old druid brushes a piece of dirt clear of some leaves with her foot and sits down, tapping the ground next to her. "Might as well sit down Elly, it will be a while until Niradnam and Val are finished. If there is one thing they love here it's paperwork and forms. Oh my, the amount of things I had to fill out after they asked me to come and give some lectures." Chuckling to herself, she looks at the bag once more and then tucks it away. "Magic is an amazing thing, so much of it here to play with but even out in the wide world out there. I have studied for almost three hundred years and even I am only scraping the surface of natural magic, let alone the things they can do here. Take it from me, don't lose yourself chasing the next big spell or the next amazing discovery Elly dear. Just focus on you and who you are. That is the best magic of all."

Seeing Rin turn Tyrius into a coat rack, Eliza couldn't entirely prevent her snicker from escaping, though her attention was quickly taken by the gnome explaining the candies. "All of them seem ... for the most part harmless, I guess it figures Ty had to grab the least friendly one." The half-orc looked at the human sorcerer, still frozen in place.

With a grunt and careful angling she sat down in the grass, "Hopefully you can help me up after, my legs aren't that great." Eliza brought out Faust from her pocket after an indignant squeak reminded her she almost sat on the small creature, allowing him to run around and investigate the grass, chittering at the still lounging Egnaro nearby in the shade. "I don't know about all the paperwork, my parents kept most of it from me. Maybe they didn't want me to know how expensive it was here -- I wanted to be a mage so badly when I was younger. Reading all those stories about heroes and amazing magic ..." she tilted her head down slightly, "... it was a nice escape for someone like me."

She sighed, "I would love to have that much time to spend in learning magic. It's hard not to want to just learn all the spells that exist, even if not to cast them, but to know they exist and the power they have." Her eyes opened wide for a second, "Not -- not like to be a big scary person! Just the amazing effects magic can have on the world."

From behind the pair a door opened, revealing Niradnam as he strolled towards the garden. His footsteps faltered briefly before quickening as he approached the statue that had a bag hanging off it. Egnaro offered a meow that turned into a yawn as he rolled over while his master placed a hand on his brow. "I thought, 'sitting in there is quite boring and the Maestro only wants to talk about fashion, I'll come out here and see how things are going' and somehow there's new decor to the balcony." Lowering his hand he looked at the two women seated on the ground, "All Egnaro sort of told me was 'red-head went grey', I assumed it was some effect of his wild magic ... did it happen again?"

Three Stripe nodded, "The owner cares for coin most -- Three Stripe thought only Dwarves and Dragons were so keen for gold, but he ranks among them easily."

Dew glanced towards her brothers, "Dad says her full name was Jewel of the Mountain, but he always called her Jewel." She scratched an ear, "He likes to say it was fitting, given she 'left him three treasures'." The kittens listened intently to Ander's prayer and as he used his divine healing on each one, their fur puffed out slightly as they grinned, Bright speaking up: "That felt like what momma used to do!"

Mags stopped herself just soon enough to stop spitting on the floor, "greed is a disgusting thing. People will do anything for whealth, including destroying others. If this Goliath is guilty of such things I wonder what sort of covetous wretch he truly is."
The metal of her gauntlet strained against the shaft of the javelin. Bringing her back to the present. "Mr Three stripe, if this person ever seeks reprisals against you. Just seek me out and I will unleash heavily wrath on them." The spirit of Yondalla swelled in her chest, it wasn't one of violence but more a guardian spirit that protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back