Porthca Landing II: Lost & Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring the pile of gold for the moment, Tyrius sat down near Eliza, his dragonborn tail wrapping up over his legs and forming a coil in his lap. "We don't know that for sure." said Tyrius, "He might have said that just to torment you - look at how he knew your last name yet none of us have used it down here as far as I know." Tyrius stayed where he was for the moment, having lost all interest in the gold the moment the thief emerged from it. "We can go check on them on the way back, whereabouts do you live?"

Eliza nodded her head silently and tried to get up again. Her friends were right. they were dealing with a trickster thief. Lies were to be expected.

And anyway, she decided, crying and creating a fuss won’t be of use to them anyway. She wiped her eyes dry with the hem of her sleeves and got up with the help of her staff and Tyrius. “They live in chilldrift which is months away. No, I have to figure out a way to communicate with them from here. I had some plans for a spell but it never seemed to work,” she used mage hand to pick up the ring from the floor and looked at it distastefully, “maybe this will help me figure out what is missing from the spell schemes.”

Ander grumbles under his breath, "Fuckin' 'ells." The firbolg looks completely overwhelmed with the entirety of this situation. How did I get maself into this mess. I was just lookin' for ma family's killers and now I've got some kind of trickster threatenin' my new family. Is it me?

He tried to pull himself together and went to comfort Eliza, simply patting her back and nodding with his awkward firbolg jawed smile.

As Valerie rejoined her friends, her eyes fell on Eliza, who seemed to be working with the pearl. She felt a sudden throb of energy soon followed by an excruciating headache as she felt the ring attempt to do... something. It wants the pearl? She realized that after a moment before pushing back with all her mental strength. Stop! You cannot have it right now. Maybe later. The feeling receded, but she still felt an odd sense of desire for the pearl.

Luckily, she was distracted as a sudden voice appeared in the room, and she stared in shock at the golden ghost of the legendary thief they had been exploring the tomb of. Her surprise turned slowly into awe, and she began to speak. "Oh, wow... Hello Mr. Thief, my name is Valerie Rhitegast, and I just wanted to say that your stories are just so-" She was cut off by the magical bolts of energy fired by Eliza, and as the conversation rapidly shifted in tone, Valerie found herself growing more and more irate with the thief.

By the time she had made up her mind to summon her new bow and lay waste to the shining annoyance, it was too late. The thief was gone, leaving her friend sobbing on the ground. Valerie walked over to the immaculate form of Eliza and, resisting the urges that the ring was sending her, gave the wizard a hug. Awkwardly, her momentarily forgotten wings decided to wrap themselves around the two as well, making the moment a little more cramped than intended. "Um... apologies for that. Eliza, we are here for you whatever you might need. If that be a many month journey to some frightfully cold corner of the map, so be it." She smiled with a hint of mischief in her pale eyes. "I do not have any sort of curfew to answer to anymore."

She concentrated for a moment and her wings furled themselves onto her back before she pulled away and smiled around the group. "So, shall we rob this dastardly thief blind and finally get ourselves restored to our perfect selves?"

Tyrius nodded to Valerie's suggestion as he stood back up. "That's an idea, there were some chests in the room we went through - maybe we could use them for transporting the gold." Walking back carefully the way he'd come from the statue room, at first Tyrius wondered if he'd gone the wrong way when, instead of seeing a large room with a statue and a large collection of clothes he found a cavern with a rock wall and nothing else. Then he realised he hadn't gone wrong - the room itself was gone.

'Well, that was an idea,' thought Tyrius, his tail pounding the floor in his frustration, 'Ah well,' the sorcerer sighed as he headed back to the group, 'Wonder if The Thief could've made this form permanent? Having a breath weapon like that would be really handy not to mention thicker scaly skin would come in useful dealing with the wyverns as they grow up. Guess I'll never know. Gotta make sure he doesn't threaten the family too - how to break that one to Mom and Dad. "Hi Mom and Dad, guess who might've imperilled the family fortune?" Could just write it in my diary and let Elizabeth do it. She's never gonna believe I became a dragonborn for a day. Wonder how she'll react when I bring Bookwyrm home? Maybe I should've snagged an egg for her too.'

"Well, the statue room's gone," announced Tyrius to the group, "Guess its only the stuff we can see right in front of us that we can use to move the pile."

Afternoon of the Seventeenth Day | Faded Knoll Forest:

After the initial event with the Thief, Banrigg stomped into the gold, swinging his maul through the gold, trying to check nothing else was alive in the hoard while Rowanne and Niradnam spoke off to the side for a moment. Once the goliath seemed pleased he helped Magnolia start to shovel platinum into her backpack, misc items left strewn about on the floor.

The group worked to gather their collection -- dumping coins into pockets and boots, even using the tapestry as a rough bag for loot. Managing to return to the entrance of the cave, the rope still was tied however Tyrius' boots were missing, a single gold coin in their place. Off to the side, before getting into the water, Niradnam worked to replace the earring he'd pulled off earlier then took a moment to redo his gills and fins. Getting into the water he still looked like a dark elf and frowned, looking up at the others, "... maybe it'll wear off in time?"

The others getting into the water, Niradnam made sure to aid Virra back to the surface first, knowing from last time the current kobold would struggle. Dropping her off at the surface, her form still remained that of a kobold, though as she started to dry, her original form of a deep gnome returned -- the same process that followed with everyone else. Once the last person returned to the surface, Niradnam joined with the other end of the rope, pulling himself out of the water and allowing the fins and gills to fade, taking a pleasant breath of fresh air.

Walking over to the wagon he rested against it, taking a moment to enjoy the sound of the wind through the trees while Egnaro purred loudly in his lap, headbutting the tired looking man as he held the small orb in his hand. Faust for all his attitude ran towards Eliza, scrambling up her clothes to check her over with his whiskers. Rupert tapped happily in the wagon if Ander went to investigate, and Wayne Jr. screeched from one of the nearby trees once Valerie returned to her usual appearance.

Overtime while the others dried and returned to how they were born ... Niradnam still appeared to be a dark elf, resting against the wagon with a cat in his lap and the orb in his hand, eyes mostly closed. Eventually he spoke, "So that ... was an interesting trip ... do we want to Identify things now or just get back on the road ...?"

Eliza picked up the mouse long overdue for two-days worth of head rubs and tickles and felt more herself than she had in down in the cave. ”I missed you buddy. I am so thankful you gallantly guarded the cart all alone.“ She gave him another kiss on the head and dropped him back in her pocket looking forward to hitting the road for the first time in her life. Anywhere was better than staying in that cave.

”We have quite a bit of traveling so let’s identify the objects on the way. I don’t know about you, but I would like to be long gone from this place.”

Helping to carry the coin haul through the cavern, Tyrius was a little surprised to find his boots gone and a single gold coin on the ground where they'd been left. Though thinking of it, Tyrius just had to smile as he knelt down and scooped the coin up.

'Well played,' thought Tyrius to himself as he put the coin somewhere separate from his coin purse, having a plan in mind for it.

As they swam back, Tyrius couldn't help hoping that the enchantment would stay permanent for him. He knew the others had either been indifferent to or actually hated the change but for his own part, Tyrius had enjoyed it. As he saw it, he could've moped about or just embraced it and he'd chosen to embrace.

As he surfaced, Tyrius helped drag the soggy hoard to the wagon before checking carefully over Bookwyrm, looking for any sign of cracks over the red shell as he noticed the enchantment fading, his red scaled hands flaking with the scales falling away revealing his usual human hands underneath.

Before he could mourn the loss of his scales, Tyrius heard The Thief's voice in his mind. Hoping that meant what he thought it meant, Tyrius curled up on the cart, drying off until he was able to hold his book and a dip pen without getting both covered in damp, quickly writing in his diary as he nestled Bookwyrm up against him in the corner.

Once he was done writing the first few paragraphs and filling a page, Tyrius looked around as he waited for the ink to dry and saw that while everyone else had reverted to their normal forms, Niradnam still bore the form from inside the cave. Setting Bookwyrm and the book to one side, Tyrius headed over and started to look the researcher over. Feeling a sudden burst of magic coursing through him, Tyrius felt his senses get all strange. He felt blind, he couldn't speak and he felt a strange wind blowing past him. 'Is this another game of The Thief's?' wondered Tyrius, unable to do much else as Niradnam would soon find a small plant in a ceramic pot at his feet where Tyrius had just been standing.

Niradnam nodded at Eliza's words, opening his eyes and caught sight of his still dark skin, a look of panic on his face, only to see Tyrius stand in front of him, looking ready to speak and suddenly turn into a potted plant. The scholar grabbed Egnaro, clutching the cat tightly as he yelled out, "What in the hells! Is -- is the Thief attacking us?!"

Rowanne had a hand on her sword from the yelp of Niradnam's, Banrigg turned to look as well, confused at the sudden potted plant the elf seemed to be scared of. "What th' bloody hells is goin' on here -- yer still an elf an' now there's a plant?"

The human cleric pulled her weapon from its sheath, moving to point it at Niradnam still on the ground, "You ... what is with you ...? You panicked both times you saw what you were ... more so than the rest of us, and while the rest of us are ourselves ... I wonder if you finally are too." Rowanne pushed the blade closer towards the dark elf as he tried to edge away from it, her eyes seemed damp, "... Who are you ... have you been lying this whole time ...? To me...?"

Eliza was finally enjoying this one moment of tranquil peace safe and sound from disaster when the thief gave his final ‘gift’, Niradnam stayed in his dark elf form, Tyrius turned into a potted plant, and now Rowanne was acting rather silly.

She snapped her wand conjuring her mage hand into existence between the two. ”Stop it! We had enough excitement to last us a good while.“ The hand poked Rowanne in the chest, “Calm. Down.”

As she felt the sudden lack of horns, wings and a tail, the human girl breathed a sigh of relief and quickly constructed a small hand mirror out of salt, looking herself over. I never thought I would miss the sight of myself so much... Grandfather would chastise me for the vanity, but I doubt he ever had to negotiate an extra set of appendages before. All of a sudden, however, everything turned chaotic. Valerie stared in shock as the party's sorcerer suddenly turned into a well kept piece of foliage before wincing at the sudden shouting.

As the surprise rapidly dissolved into infighting and culminated with Rowanne drawing a weapon on Niradnam, Valerie's eyes widened, and she dropped the mirror to the ground and quickly walked up to get between the two, her soft amber eyes looking imploringly at the war cleric. "Please, Ms. Rowanne, there is no need to resort to violence. I cannot say that I know what is going on with Mr. Niradnam either, but whatever he is, I do know one thing about him." She looked over her shoulders at the exotic elf behind her, remembering the time he came to her assistance back at the tavern in Wyford before returning her gaze to Rowanne. "He is a good and kind man, and I am certain he has his reasons for being as evasive as he is with certain details about himself." She cast her eyes to the ground, her hands folded behind her back as she wore a slightly ashamed expression. "I was not always entirely forthright with my friends about my identity either. I had a long, dangerous journey from the capital to the city of Porthca and quickly realized that the roads were not safe for a girl to travel on her own, so I disguised my form as well."

Salt emanated out from the ring on her finger and swirled around the young warlock's form before dissipating to show the familiar form of the Salted Knight. He looked up to Rowanne and spoke in his rough accent. "I kept up my disguise even when I met these feller's, not because I didn't trust em, but because it eventually had gone on too long fer me to drop the act without it becomin' some sorta big deal. I eventually came clean to everyone about who I really am, but fer quite a time, I was terrified by the thought of it. I didn't know how they'd react to learnin' it, or if they'd ever be able to trust me, or if they'd even like the real me." The Knight's form swirled once more before returning to Valerie's normal self, and she spoke in her proper tone. "I did not know how wrong I was about my friends until I took the leap, and I suspect that Mr. Niradnam may be in a similar situation. So please, Ms. Rowanne, lower your weapon and hear him out."

Eliza used her mage hand in an attempt to push Rowanne's blade away yet it barely wavered, the cleric looking more frustrated than anything, "I thought ... there was that trust between us already ... that we could speak freely ..."

Gulping, the dark elf continued to clutch Egnaro tightly, the cat's fur poofed out and its eyes narrowed at the cleric. "I'm still Niradnam, Rowanne -- I'm still the one you talked to in the gardens at Azarad -- but like Valerie said I couldn't travel openly -- I would have been captured and enslaved so quickly!" He tried to lean forward only for the blade to follow his movements, "I ... am sorry I hid myself, but all I've ever known has been the anxiety and fear of what might happen if I was found -- how to try and protect myself, even to the point that death would be better than being captive ..." His lilac eyes searched hers as he slowly reached up towards his earring, messing with it as he tried to focus, his appearance returning to that of the human they'd traveled with the past few days, fair skinned, offcolor eyes, and tinted hair. "I -- I can't risk it, even traveling with you all in case someone sees, I'm so sorry, but I can't ..."

Egnaro purred loudly, rubbing up against the "human" scholar, "I would much rather have told you on my own terms -- not by the pranking of the Thief..." he looked pleadingly at Rowanne, hoping his words were getting through.

The war cleric raised her sword for a moment, almost as if to strike him, then weakly lowered her arm, placing the weapon back in its sheathe, looking tired and weary herself. "Once we get back to Wyford ... I am returning to Azarad. With or without you ..." Turning away from him she moved to start helping get everything packed and ready to continue onwards, avoiding looking at Niradnam.

Reaching for the small orb he held it in his hands, "I ... don't know if I will return to Azarad. I ... will to write a report on my findings, but I won't be staying there." Niradnam looked up towards Virra, "I have somewhere to go now ... I have people to find." Pushing himself to his feet he kept his head bowed slightly, "I will help you all back to Wyford as well, but from there ... I appreciate the help you all have given, even with my strangeness, especially with allowing me to join you all, and to keep this token, this treasure." His grip tightened around the orb, "I sincerely request you tell no one about me -- what I am."

Banrigg standing off to the side with his arms crossed sighed heavily, "So dramatic you lot," walking towards the scholar he slammed him in the back with an open palm, shifting him off balance for a moment, "I jus' wanna get back ta' town where good food, good drink, an' a bed that's not the ground awaits. Bloody bards at this point, the lotta ya. Let's collect our shit an' head out, aye?"

Regaining his sight as the effects of his surge wore off to see Niradnam start to plead with Rowanne, Tyrius was lost as to why the war cleric had a weapon pointed at Niradnam, though he relaxed a little as the weapon was put away and Niradnam put his disguise back up. Stepping close, Tyrius gave Niradnam a reassuring smile, "It's okay, I know you didn't get much of a choice but - well, if you need us, seek us out." offered the sorcerer, "your secret's safe with us," said Tyrius as he heard Banrigg mention bards, "Well, I'm sure when we get home Elizabeth can find some bards if you're that keen on them" Tyrius called, giving Niradnam one last smile before returning to the wagon, continuing to write his diary and being truthful with everything - but omitting Niradnam's nature as a Drow. He wrote page after page describing everyone's transformation, how it had felt from his perspective, how they had met a legendary thief and retrieved The Sea's pearl.

'Just hope we get back to Porthca in time - before The Sea makes Lestone kill again.'

The uneasiness that Virra had felt at seeing Eliza so down quickly melted away as the post-battle excitement began to set in. She eagerly helped with transporting the treasure, taking as much gold as she could carry, and when swimming to the surface she clung to Niradnam and let him guide her without complaint. Best of all was when they returned to the wagon, and their true forms.

"Skin!" she laughed, twirling on the spot from sheer joy. "I never thought I'd be so happy to have my skin again. No more ugly little scales!" And the extra foot of height didn't hurt either.

And then all that elation came crashing down as Tyrius was replaced with a small potted plant (though that was a little more hilarious than alarming), and more so when Rowanne had the actual nerve to pull a weapon on Niradnam in the middle of the whole fiasco. Virra had half a mind to draw Glimmer on her, but she didn't; she could just smack her right in the brain. Wouldn't that be a surprise?

She had to actually clap a hand over her mouth to avoid screaming as the cleric turned away from Niradnam and started to ignore him. I hate her, she realised. There's nothing she can't ruin just by getting involved.

And to cap it all off, Niradnam was going to leave, just like he'd always said he would. And of course Banrigg had to swear about it, earning a glare from Virra that was almost equally venomous as the one Rowanne had got. Opting to ignore him, she stepped up to face Niradnam.

"I..." And suddenly she didn't know what words meant; so she leaned back and teleported up to eye level, quickly reaching out to grab him in the tightest hug she could manage. "I don't want you to go," came her oddly timid voice, muffled from where her face was pressed into the elf's collarbone. "At l-least... at least tell me the orb's gonna help you, whatever it does. I don't want you to spend your whole life chasing something that's not gonna make you happy by the end." However long the return trip to Wyford was going to be, it couldn't possibly be long enough.

Suddenly having the weight of a gnome hanging around his shoulders threw Niradnam off for a moment as he returned the hug with a faint smile, "Hey ... I'll still be around until we get to Wyford, and nothing says we won't meet again later. We'll have to see how our Wyverns grow up, right?" Rowanne huffed off to the side as the pair spoke causing Niradnam to glance her direction. Holding Virra until he stood next to the wagon he set her on the seat, pulling out the orb again, letting the fellow mystic study it.

"It will help, it's an orb of scrying ... but when I found it earlier, it gave me a vision ... of other drow, somewhere in the world." His voice lowered as he spoke, gaze fixed on the small glass sphere. "It gave me somewhere to aim for -- maybe I can find them, maybe I can be an ambassador for my people in the Forest ... we thought we were all that was left for so long ... something must have happened generations ago." Frowning for a moment he continued, "Perhaps those who once knew were lost over the years." Niradnam looked up at Virra with a smile, "I want to help -- and think of all the things I can learn along the way! Maybe even have more things to show you when we meet again, and you to show me."

Eliza was relived to find Rowanne get back to her senses. She never got particularly along with Niradnam but seeing him look so desperate and sad made her feel unhappy. She was too comfortable sitting in the cart again though, so she used her mage hand to pat Niradnam on the shoulder and give him a big thumb’s up. She honestly would have done more for her friend, she felt weird even thinking it, but he and Virra seemed to be in a world of their own so she didn’t want to intrude anyway.

He will be fine, she was sure of it, but just in case she decided to check up on him...definitely not now though she thought as she retrieved her camping bag and fished happily for an apple. She was never, ever, ever going to not carry everything she had everywhere she went, and with magic stuff freshly on her mind, she took out her notebook and started doodling some sketches. Who knew, maybe one day she would invent a sort of infinite bag, how cool what that be?

and this is why I don't hang out with war clerics... So violent. Holy crow she's got issues... She needs to relax... Maybe we can get her to play checkers and she'll tell us what's up...

"Well thank god we're not killing each other after all that. Mr. Niradnam I know we haven't really know each other but if anyone ever tried to put you in chains." Mags voice trails off, I shining doing a thousand horrible things to slavers. "Well just have your god get in touch with my god... Me and Ander will smite them to the nine hells and back." Mischievous smile returning to her face.

whirling about to face Rowanne, "now you! Chill the fuck out with a game of checkers and some snacks..." remembering that most of her rations were now residents of the cave below, due to all the freaking money in her bag!
"You guys have snacks right?"

Hearing Mags cry for snacks and remembering how she'd shared out her food in the cave, Tyrius reached for his things that he'd left topside. Rooting around, he pulled out five wrapped up bundles of basic dried meat and other foods that wouldn't quickly spoil, handing all five to Magnolia. "Here," said Tyrius with a smile. "Checkers tournament on the ride home?"

As the tension finally faded and everyone began to go their separate ways, Valerie breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed the tension she had not even known she was holding. She watched Virra and Niradnam for a moment, knowing that she would be sad to see the elf go as well, but opting to give the two some space. A sharp beak nipped lightly at her ear and the young warlock giggled, turning to pet the falcon that had landed on her shoulder. "Hello, Wayne Junior, I missed you as well. I am doing quite well, how are you?" She walked back over to the cart, smiling and nodding gratefully to Eliza in thanks for her part in calming down the argument before removing the crown from her head and grabbing her normal mail. She glanced down at the skirted leather ruefully. Grandfather always said to choose function over form... although I had not expected to regret the lack of trousers due to flight. She shrugged slightly to herself and hefted the armor, already missing the magical boots that had helped her carry her things. Oh well. I suppose being turned into a winged horror is just a daily part of the adventuring life.

Valerie found a quiet spot to change into her armor, Wayne Junior keeping an eye out on her behalf for any intruders, and then quickly returned to the camp. She took a seat in the cart and picked up the two crowns she had wound up with, one the brilliant golden crown intertwined with the laurel reef, and the other a jagged looking gem encrusted thing. She sighed before putting the war crown on her head. I suspect that all the kings in all the lands would not be able to prevent some highwaymen from attempting to get their hands on the treasure we have found. Like Grandfather always said, do not seek trouble, but always be ready for it to rear its ugly head. With that, she held out a hand and her bow appeared in her grasp, strung and ready for trouble.

Virra looked a little less glum by the time Niradnam set her down on the wagon seat, but still a far cry from her usual self. It wasn't until her gave her the scrying orb to have a look at that a bit of interest returned to her expression. "Good," she said eventually. "Yeah, I'm glad you have something to shoot for. That's good." She didn't miss Rowanne huffing off to the side as they talked, either. She wanted to flash her a smug grin, but didn't feel quite up to it.

After a minute she handed the orb back and tried to smile. "All right then. You're not leaving right now, so there's that." Deciding she was through with the whole depressing conversation, she abruptly turned around and went clambering through the loaded wagon in search of her wyvern egg. "Checkers tournament sounds good," she called out. "Mags, get your butt in here and we'll have some food." She tried not to sneak too many glances at Niradnam as she set about distracting herself.

Evening of the Seventeenth Day | On the Road to Wyford:

Working to get the wagon back out of the forest took combined effort from everyone, looking for a route out and around the thick trees, roots and undergrowth. Once they were finally out, the sky sat open before them, the plains and small hills waiting to be traveled.

Finally getting settled, Eliza and Niradnam went to work at checking over the last of the new items, the scholar with a cat on his hip and his wyvern egg in his lap as he went. After awhile they started reporting on objects, the tapestry turning out to be a very worn down flying carpet, the image on it looking to be a landscape of the Azarad University from a distance. Holding the ring out for others to observe, Niradnam announced it to be a ring of regeneration and briefly explained its properties. Holding up the robe he offered it towards Eliza, "This is a Robe of Stars, considering you favor Magic Missile so much, it seems quite fitting for you."

Reaching for the rod he gave it a twirl, "This is a rod of rulership, you can use it charm multiple people at once to obey your commands." Setting it down he reached for the glass orb again, "And this ... is a crystal ball, which can be used to scry, however I already asked for this object to be my treasure. Those back at Azarad are likely going to ask me about every object that was found ..." Niradnam frowned, "At least I'll have notes on them and everything I saw." Scratching his head, "My 'mission' was to seek out magic items, legendary items -- I think I managed that at least, and now we know the Thief is real ... perhaps he has other coves on other continents or other region."

Shrugging he offered the objects for others to check out, pointing at the carpet, "Ah, right before I forget. The command phrase for that is 'fovere cimex'," the tapestry started to hover off the bed of the wagon slightly after his words, repeating them and the tapestry fell flat and motionless again.

Continuing travel for a little longer the sun eventually set, the group setting up camp off to the side, attempting to hide in among the taller grasses. Sitting at the rough campfire, Niradnam still stared into the orb between small bites at his rations and notes in his journal -- the black cat Egnaro trying hard to get his attention. Still ignoring him, Rowanne sat facing away from the scholar, after her meal standing away from the rest and practicing her sword swings. Banrigg was sprawled out on the grass, watching the night sky as he picked at his teeth.

Valerie was relieved when the party bed down for the evening, the cart travel having proved to somehow be even less comfortable than the many long miles she had spent alone on foot on her trip across the country. She sighed and crumpled in a heap by the campfire, beginning to eat her nightly rations and share generous portions with Wayne Junior. She suddenly felt a sharp pain burst in her head, threatening to overwhelm her. It took everything she had not to scream, but she managed to hold it all in, not wanting to trouble all of her friends when they had only just managed to navigate the Thief's Tomb and were likely as exhausted as she was. She looked around and her eyes settled on Niradnam and she thought with some urgency. Mr. Niradnam can help me. The others do not need to be troubled with this.

The pain receded somewhat over the next few seconds and Valerie rose to her feet, approaching the elf and speaking to him calmly. "Mr. Niradnam? I apologize for bothering you, but I was wondering if I could speak with you privately?" She glanced around at the other party members before speaking in a low tone only he could hear. "It is a little bit urgent, and I was hoping to utilize your expertise on a certain subject."

Glancing up, he began speaking, "You don't need to call me mister," only to note the wincing of pain on Valerie's face. Egnaro gave a soft meow towards the woman as Niradnam looked concerned, "Ah ... if it needs to be private, sure -- are you injured ...? Did something happen?"

Valerie frowned briefly before nodding. "Very well, Mis- I mean, very well, Niradnam." The name felt wrong in her mouth but now was not the time to belabor the point. "I am faring fairly well, all things considered. Still a bit bruised from my brush with the magic staff earlier, but that was little compared to the pain some of our other companions suffered." She glanced around the camp again, not wanting to worry anyone else, and dropping her voice again. "I am sure that you noticed a certain magical object in my possession? I was hoping you could take a look at it while you are still accompanying us. The previous time this was attempted, it had... dramatic results, so I would prefer to do it somewhere less prone to chaos."

Closing his journal, Niradnam pushed himself to his feet glancing at the others. Lowering his voice as well, "Hm ... if you're concerned, maybe we can move off to the side by the wagon ...?" Egnaro wound himself around the scholar's feet, still desiring attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread