Porthca Landing II: Lost & Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
From her kneeling position, Virra found herself tipping forwards over the water as the telepathic link began to affect her. "Oh. Woooooah," she breathed, leaning back again and sitting down hard. She watched the water rise around her hand with a dumb smile on her face, giggling at the weird sensation. Then when it reached past her elbow to her upper arm, she put her other hand down above it. "Hey, don't go near my face, okay? I... had a bad experience a minute ago," Then she turned back to the others, still with that airy smile. "It does want to leave, just so's you know," she said, appreciating how the world shifted every time she set up or broke the telepathic link.

The elemental merely continued to flow up around the small kobold's chest, leaving the pool of water it had rested in smaller than before. Continuing further into the caverns, the group reached a three-way split and decided to divide up, one bunch going left, and the others right.

Evening of the Sixteenth Day | Faded Knoll Forest | The Cave | Left:

The further the group moves down their passage, the more the light from the others fades, leading Rowanne to murmur under her breath and cast the Light spell on her badge from Azarad, surrounding them in a glow. With a faint smile, hair still flowing in an invisible breeze, "This should help us," she continued on, attempting to keep an eye on their surroundings, Banrigg occasionally hitting his head on a chunk of ceiling behind her.

As they went, the air genasi started to look puzzled, "Is it just me ... or is this not looking like a cavern anymore?" Pulling her badge from her armor she raised it up, attempting to show the structure of the area was changing from being the crude natural-cut edges of a cave and instead becoming what looked to be built with purpose, stonework carved and sculpted.

Rowanne took a step forward to study it, while Banrigg snorted, then glanced behind the group and proceeded to swear in Dwarvish, placing a hand against what seemed to be a new wall ... blocking the way they'd come in. Raising a fist he punched it, only to pull it back, his skin scraped and lightly bleeding, the dwarf-turned-goliath grimacing, "Damn place ... guess we're not gonna be goin' back t' the others any time soon."

Placing her badge back on, Rowanne frowned, "If that's the way this place wants to be, we'll need to be careful." Resting a hand on her weapon she nodded to continue forwards.

Evening of the Sixteenth Day | Faded Knoll Forest | The Cave | Right:

Splitting off from the others, this group moved to the right of the split, guided by Niradnam's Dancing Lights as they swirled around the smaller party. The dark elf peered a few times at the strange watery blob that resided on Virra, small tendrils from it reaching out at anyone and anything that got close before pulling back in on itself. "You ... sure you're alright, er, 'carrying' that thing?" he asked as it started to reach towards him again. In her mind he continued, "I'm ... sorry about my reaction earlier. I noticed you seemed pretty distraught with how you ended up as well -- everything just threw me off so much -- I didn't expect any of this since there's only so much that was written down, and we're probably the first outsiders in here either at all or in a very long time at the very least."

Waiting for her response, he sent one of the glowing orbs on a further boundary, pausing as he got a mental ping that the one behind him had not been able to go very far. Turning back to look, Niradnam gasped upon seeing a suddenly solid wall that appeared to be approaching as the party continued, sliding forward along the path as they moved along. Almost as if because of his recognition, it sped up, causing him to call out, "Run!" as he turned and ran himself, trying to out pace the strange phenomenon.

Walking along besides Niradnam, Virra, Ander and Magnolia, Tyrius' mind was a hive of activity. He was still puzzled by the magic that had transformed all of them, he was still amazed at his own transformation, he was intrigued at the small water being that they had seemingly adopted for the time being.

Tyrius was startled out of his thoughts by Niradnam's shout. Running as fast as he was able to, Tyrius was glad he'd decided to toss his shoes, it meant he could dig his claws into the ground slightly and push off from them, giving himself extra speed. Frantically looking for somewhere to run to that wasn't just in a straight line, Tyrius saw a mirror image of the party running towards them and towards a set of furniture that was placed in the way. Banging his ankle against something he couldn't see, Tyrius glanced up and saw a red dragonborn standing next to a small oak coffee table wearing a white shirt, black trousers and a red tie that was at least eight inches taller than Tyrius remembered being.

"The mirror! Look!" called out Tyrius, "There's items in the reflection that we cannot see - but something is there!"

“That’s...odd.” Eliza used mage hand to slap around the new wall. “Ok, now what?” She looked nervously at the others and all around her at the man-made area.

“Uh, give me ten minutes to get detect magic up again. I would rather have some warning of what is ahead of us.” For the second time that day, the wizard sat cross-legged with her book open in one hand with her wand tracing shimmering symbols midair with the other.

After a few minutes she slapped her book shut and stuffed it back in her bag and focused her eyes on the way ahead. There was a sudden avalanche of arcana that flooded her senses and almost knocked off her feet. “There is a strong sense of enchantment ahead. Be careful!”

Splash! Valerie grimaced as her magical boots found yet another puddle to splash into. This cave is most troublesome... perhaps these pools of water are a part of the magic? As the others began to take notice of the changing of the rock structure around them, as well as a suddenly appearing rock wall behind them, Valerie frowned and prodded it with her battleaxe, finding that it was as solid as normal stone. “Yes, that is... concerning.”

Valerie watched as Eliza began to cast her spell, starting off interested but quickly becoming bored as the casting went on and on. She wished she had brought her flute to have something to do as she waited, before remembering the hefty wings that were curled tightly against her back. “I suppose I should attempt to learn these, yes?” Her wings flapped slightly before stretching out, the intimidating leathery appendages far longer than her armspan. It took several minutes of attempts, but she eventually figured out how to get airborne, the motions slowly becoming more and more natural.

As Eliza finished, Valerie looked at her in concern. “Enchantment? That would be the type that toys with one’s mind, and not the type that empowers blades... correct? That is worrisome. Thank you for letting us know, Eliza. I suppose there is no other way to go though... onwards?”

“I can’t think of another way unless someone else has any better ideas.” Eliza murmured tapping her staff nervously. “I guess...we can be on the lookout if any of us starts behaving in a weird or unusual way.”

While waiting for Eliza to finish her spell, Rowanne kept making irritated sounds as her hair flowed around her head, blocking her sight. Eventually she tore a strip of fabric and tied her hair back, looking frustrated and ready to keep moving, hand still on her weapon. Banrigg spent his time sitting on the floor watching the tiefling attempt to fly. Hearing the mage speak up he stood, "Our standard fer 'weird an' unusual' has shifted a bit, yeah?" The goliath grinned before adjusting his gear, "Either way, I may be a dwarf at heart, 'm not keen on bein' in these caves. They don't feel right, an' all this magic shite 's jus' provin' me right more an' more."

Rowanne nodded, "Yes -- let's continue." She glanced back towards the way they'd come, placing a hand against the wall and muttered, "Hopefully we meet up with the others again ..."

Moving further into the tunnel, the four eventually found themselves standing in what almost looked to be an armory -- yet with far more weapons than any of them had ever seen in one place. From Rowanne's light, weapons even glinted from above them -- the ceiling suddenly having expanded about fifty feet up, the narrow tunnel becoming a thirty foot or so wide room. To Eliza, each weapon glowed intensely, implying the magic and power within each. There were bows, staffs, spears, axes, glaives, swords -- anything and everything that could be wielded in battle. Towards the center of the room stood a statue of a knight that faced the group. Approaching it, cautiously, Rowanne peered at the plaque underneath, reading it outloud: "Bring me the greatest weapon, that kings covet, puts warriors to ruin, and ends all battles."

Silent for a moment she took a step back while Banrigg peered at the statue, on eye level with the larger figure. Looking up around the room, Rowanne turned to Valerie and Eliza, "... how do we even begin to figure out what weapon it means?"

As Tyrius pointed out the mirror and false objects, Niradnam also ran into an invisible piece of furniture, getting the wind knocked out of him as he wheezed -- having ran full speed into something. Sitting on the ground for a moment while trying to get his breath back he turned slightly to look into the mirror, "Oh ... that's interesting ..."

Slowly pushing himself to a seated position, arms wrapped around his chest he studied the room, "... anyone see a way out of here?"

Seeing Niradnam sit on the ground, Tyrius looked at the purple coloured bruise that was forming then fading as quickly as it was forming. 'That was one hells of a hit,' thought Tyrius to himself. Sitting down next to Niradnam, Tyrius had another look at the objects in the reflection from the new vantage point. It took him a second glance but Tyrius saw a second reflection of both himself and Niradnam sat on the floor, though he was still getting used to the fact that he wasn't reflecting as a red haired human but as a red scaled dragonborn whose tail was coiled around so that the tip was flopped down against his hip on his left. Moving towards it, feeling his way and pushing furniture out of it, Tyrius saw a third mirror in the reflection of the second.

"So, there's multiple mirrors." said Tyrius aloud, looking towards where the third mirror was. "And there's things reflected that aren't visible. Maybe we just need to take a mirror each and find something that isn't reflected in anything but one mirror?" the sorcerer suggested.

The wizard ran her hands over the staves glowing in her vision and start piling them all in a corner. “I will deal with these later. I think it’s a riddle actually. All the adventure books I read, well the good ones anyway, always had a riddle in them.”

Beaming, she stepped up to the knight and cleared her throat, “Is it love? Ok, probably not, but it is always something deep and meaningful like that,” She stood thinking it over for a moment before saying confidently, “It is time!

The half-orc stood there expectantly but nothing happened. “Oh,” She looked at the statue deflated, “I guess not.” She circled the knight looking for any nooks or crannies and finding none, “Maybe we are just meant to find the weapon amongst that pile,” she nodded towards the racks, “We could just try out each which in his hand?”

Last edited:
Entering into the large chamber and walking into the center of the room, Valerie looked around in wonder. This is quite the hoard... even Grandfather’s armory was never quite this impressive. Weapons of every kind and variety... some look different than the others, though. Looking over to Rowanne, she gave her a shrug and a hesitant smile. “I suppose we could separate the wheat from the chaff? Some of these weapons look far more distinct than the rest.”

Looking at the weapons piled high around the room, Valerie took a deep breath before executing what she had practiced in the cave earlier, flapping her wings and flying. It took a lot of effort to bring down some of the heavier weapons, but eventually the winged warlock managed to gather them all up into a pile in front of the statue. Wiping her brow and grimacing as she accidentally tapped her horns, salt swirled and cleaned the girl up. Looking over to Eliza, she nodded. “Almost certainly a riddle. Time is a very good guess... perhaps prosperity? Peace? Grandfather always said all good kings want the best for their kingdom, and warriors have little use when there is no conflict, and all battles end with peace, at least for a time.”

When it was decided to try out the longsword, Eliza used her mage hand to carry the weapon and place it gently on the statue’s open palm.

Only a moment passed before four weapons floated off the pile and started attacking them. Well, damn! The half-orc leapt to familiar action and focused her attacks on the staff floating out of reach of her other, more battle-oriented, group members.

She shot missile after missile at the bone staff, each hit striking weakly. She was readying her last spell when the staff flashed white and rained cold devastation at the group.

Eliza was struck hard and had to rely fully on the familiar weight of her staff to keep her up. Darkness started to fill her vision but it dissipated after a warm sensation enveloped her body restoring some health back into her.

“Tha...thanks!” She muttered to Rowanne. It took the edge off the damage and she was able to drag herself to a corner of the room away from the others.

She gritted her teeth and sent off another torrent of missiles further crippling the staff. Thankfully it was finished off soon after leaving her a shivering mess.

“That...was not in any of the books!” She gasped in anger. None of her stories had ever mentioned the sheer pain. The others, aside from Banrigg, seemed not much better off.

She used her mage hand to pick up the unharmed wand and bring it closer for inspection. She needed something to distract her from the sheer pain while she got to grip with the situations and studying magic was always a helpful option.

"It's fine. Kind of chilly, but fine," Virra shrugged, reaching up to give the water elemental a little pat. She was quick to reply to Niradnam's mental message once he finished: "Don't worry yourself over it. It's not fun to have your body changed without warning, I get it. I don't think anyone's gonna hold it against you, especially me."

She was stopped from saying any more when Niradnam's light suddenly struck an obstacle, and she heard the ever-effective warning to run. And she soon learned one advantage that her wiry kobold body had over her old one -- she could sprint. Even though she was half their size, she easily kept pace with the taller group members and outsped Magnolia without difficulty.

Her joy at the discovery was cut short as she realised, clipping her temple off something invisible, that she was at head height with a lot of obstacles. She yelped and heeded Tyrius's advice to navigate by the mirror, avoiding the hit that Niradnam took as he ran full speed into some invisible furniture and got the wind knocked out of him. Once she was sure that the moving wall wasn't following the into the room, she joined Tyrius as he inspected the mystic's bruise, grimacing in sympathy. After her recent experience of not being able to breathe, it landed particularly close to home.

The mirror puzzle was something she might have sunk her teeth into on any other day, but at that moment she was content to leave it to Tyrius and Ander. Between them, they seemed to have it handled, so she crouched next to Niradnam to watch them work. "So... why'd you freak out like that, then?" she asked eventually. "I know what I said about how it sucks to change bodies, but you did panic a little more than I thought. Just... it was kind of a strong reaction to turning into a super rare, kind of handsome elf, y'know?" she said, making an effort to laugh in her thoughts. "And then there's the earring, too..."

Ander, despite hating the feeling of this new body, did his best to remain stoic and keep his friends' safety in the forefront of his mind. He moved out of the way and assisted Virra and Mags when the wall closed them in, and he stared at Tyrius in disbelief as he seemed to figure out the magical puzzle with the mirror. As odd as it was to lift and move furniture that he could not see, Ander did his best to clear a path and angle mirrors so that the others might be able to find a way out of here. "Hopefuly the others got a nice clean puzzle, as well. We've got enough smarties runnin' 'round here ta make those pretty simple." He smiled as he set the final invisible mirror into the place that Tyrius had requested.

awh I was really looking forward to hanging out with our soggy friend. Oh well...

come now Magnolia you are in a thief's super magic vault, that contains the wind from trees. Now is not the time for this nonsense... Hey do you think he actually stole wind?

nah that's silly how would you even steal wind? What would it look like? Maybe like an etherial version of soggy...

Her thoughts were then enamored with that problem as she followed along with the group. At some point they had split up and she hadn't even noticed. The only thing that roused her was a call to "run!"

She took off just as fast as her little legs could carry her. Looking down she didn't see the table in front of her. With a loud knocking sound she struck her head on it and was knocked immediately unconscious...

Rising a couple minutes later, she still couldn't see it. However she was certain it was still there. Hopefully her friends had some answers, "wow Invisible tables! So what's going on? Totally just had a nap and did not knock myself out."

Valerie’s eyes widened as she saw the weapons come to life before her, but she quickly outstretched a hand and her battleaxe sprung into her hand. A ray of cold from above blasted her salty shield, but it held firm as she darted forwards, landing a devastating blow on the sword.

Another blow glanced off her magical shield and gave the weapon a parting shot for its efforts, and Valerie smiled slightly. Well... this is going far better than expected. Just as that thought finished, however, she was buffeted by ice and snow that nearly launched her off her feet. Pain exploded from her face and ribs as heavy chunks slammed into them, but the warlock was undeterred. Glaring at the staff that had launched the assault, she took off, dropping her shield, gripping her axe tightly, and slashing it as hard as she could into the vicious magical object. With a loud crack, it split in two and clattered to the ground below.

The weary tiefling landed and crumpled to the ground, her weapon shattering and dissipating. Between labored breaths, she managed. “That... was... most... unpleasant...” She pushed herself to all fours, not even caring about grace or dignity in the slightest for once before looking up at the others. “I believe I require some time to recover.”

Banrigg and Rowanne stood off to the side while the other two attempted to figure out the puzzle, Banrigg helping move some of the heavier weapons that Valerie struggled with. Seeing the weapons spring to life, Rowanne focused on the dagger dancing around her face while Banrigg moved to protect Valerie, smashing the halberd into pieces. Moving forward to help protect Eliza, Rowanne muttered a prayer, radiant light flaring out from her towards the weapons, only to watch the staff rise in the air and rain down ice and hail on the group.

Rowanne took a heavy blow from the hail, Banrigg managing to shrug off most of the damage. With a frustrated glare he tried to aim a javelin up at the staff, but the small target was easily missed. Holding a hand towards the mage, Rowanne painfully muttered another prayer in an attempt to heal Eliza before focusing on the staff, the sound of a bell ringing out.

As the fight came to an end Rowanne fell to the ground in a huff, pulling off her armor to check wounds. "A rest ... would definitely be good ..."

Niradnam rubbed his chest as the bruise faded, pulling his shirt back slightly to check it. The dark elf glanced towards Virra before replying in her mind, "... I wasn't changed." Bringing a hand towards his ear he pulled out the earring, holding it in his hand, "Nor is this just jewelry ... I was trusted with it while I was out in the world."

Bringing his knees up to his chest he smiled faintly at the kobold next to him, "Thanks for the compliment though."

Valerie nodded, although her attention was drawn to a battleaxe that lay in the pile on the ground, a stone weapon that glittered with gold. “Oh, wow, this is rather beautiful... I love the way it glitters.” She thought to herself before deciding. Glitter... that sounds like a good name.

She looked around the room before finding a decent spot to rest, tucked her wings and newfound tail in around her, and groaned as she sat down. “Ow, ow, ow...” She whimpered as quietly as she could. It wouldn’t do for all of her friends to know how little she had dealt with injury in her brief adventuring career. They needed to be able to count on her. Slowly, over the course of their rest, details about the axe crept into her head, about how it struck with the might of a mountain and had the ability to turn its victims into solid gold statues with its might. Valerie laughed to herself. “This expedition is finally starting to feel worth the trouble.”

The battered and bruised tiefling stood to her feet and walked over to the crown, picking it up and walking over to the statue, looking hesitantly to her friends. “I suppose we are to do this then?” She placed the crown in the knight’s hand and quickly beat her wings, flying backwards a few feet as she held her breath.

Last edited:
Virra stared at Niradnam's face with a newfound wonder. "No way." She laughed, out loud. "You actually are-- how stupidly lucky am I?!" She stood up from her crouching position with a grin that spread from ear to ear. "Two elves in two weeks. Nobody I know has ever met ONE. I don't believe this." If she hadn't eventually registered Niradnam's serious tone of voice, she might have gone on crowing about her good fortune for a while longer. Instead, she moved next to his arm to get a better look at the earring he held. "Out in the world? So does that mean you're on a mission from your people or something? I think I read something about that once. What's special about the earring?" Apparently the elf mystic's revelation had brought her out of a funk, restoring her appetite for questions.

On top of that, she suddenly started noticing things she hadn't before. An outline on the wall caught her eye while she peered over Niradnam's shoulder, and she looked up sharply. "There!" she shouted, pointing towards the original mirror. "Do you guys see the door? It's right there around the mirror!"

Finishing their recovery and placing the crown in the statue's hand, the laurel headpiece, the statue seemed to sigh, his armor falling away to reveal a figure dressed in robes, a wispy voice spoke: "Peace ... the greatest weapon that never needs a sheath, the safety of a kingdom, requires no fighters, and never begins battles..." With a grinding sound it moved and placed the crown on its head, only to fade into sand, leaving the crown on the pedestal and an opening in the cave wall where there wasn't one before, presumably the way forward.

Banrigg and Rowanne hefted the weapons Eliza and Valerie had handed them to carry, the goliath speaking up, "Well then, we gonna keep goin' in this damn place?"

Hearing Virra laugh, Niradnam motioned for her to hush, "And no one can know! I'd rather not be targeted ... this earring is a modified item similar to a Hat of Disguise, but it tends to do its job better ... makes it harder for me to show up as using an illusion." He shifted the accessory in his palm, "... dark elves, or 'Drow', are a dying breed. For every say ... hundred regular elves, there's one of us. Many bloodlines have died out, and the elders won't allow mixing as they want to stay 'pure'..." Placing the earring in a pocket he continued, "In looking for magic items, I've been hoping to find something that might help ... even just reincarnation might let us hold out longer. My generation only includes five others ..." Niradnam lowered his gaze, only to look up at Virra's callout about the door.

Pushing himself to standing he brushed himself off from the floor, "Apologies for not helping much, that took a bit more out of me than expected." Following Virra's line of sight he tried to study the door she was looking at, "Hm ... this has a keyhole, but do we have any keys?"

Walking over and following Virra's line of sight, Tyrius paid careful attention to the pattern on the ornate metal keyhole. Staring into the large wall to floor mirror, Tyrius looked over each of the pieces of furniture in the reflection, having to do more precise movements of his head as his snout made a large blind spot just in front of his face that he wasn't quite used to yet. There were plenty of small objects, ornate vases, metal candlestick holders, an ornate writing set that looked like they might be connected as they had similar patterns on them to the lock on the door.

'Guess it'd be too easy to just have a physical key' thought Tyrius.

"Um, I think a few of these objects might be potential keys." said Tyrius, continuing to face the mirror and using a sweeping gesture of his red scaled hand to indicate the items in the reflection.

Ander stopped listening after Niradnam said there was a door. He walked over and felt the wall, noticing that it didn't feel how it looked, so he used his head for a second and decided that Brother Durkee's Dwarven Lockpick technique might serve him well here. "Don't worry pals, I got this," he called to the others as they discerned the location of a key. Ander reeled back and charged forward, bouncing off the wall like a gigantic toy thrown by a cranky toddler. He shook his head forcefully to regain his senses, then felt that wall, and cursed quietly in halfling before turning to the others, "So, we need a key?"

Valerie watched in wonder as the figure sprang to life and crowned itself before dissolving into sand. Picking up the crown and adjusting the laurel, she looked at it curiously for a moment before looking at the others. “I am not certain about all of you, but I believe it may be in our best interests to arm ourselves before we continue. That previous encounter was... challenging, to say the least.”

Looking at the crown in her hands, the young girl couldn’t resist but trying it on. She then picked up the axe in her hands and looked it over before her eyes began to glaze over. She began to murmur under her breath in a foreign language that sounded like waves, salt beginning to form on the stony surface of the weapon.

Tyrius seemed to have the right idea, so Virra joined the others in checking the mirror for ornaments that might bend the light in the correct ways. All the while she was mulling over Niradnam's words, taking his advice by trying not to let her concern show outwardly.

"So... you're super rare even for an elf, and these elders don't want you to mix in case your kids aren't the same? What, do they want to make you get with one of the other five drow?" She looked genuinely upset by the idea. "That's awful. I don't blame you for looking for a way out of that." Would he find anything like what he was after in those caves? Virra considered cracking a joke about the Thief hiding the stolen drow birthrate next to the sound of the sea, but she got the sense that there'd be a better time for it. Hearing about people's lives being dictated by others didn't put her in a funny mood anyway.

Then Ander bounced off the door hard enough to make Virra jump, and after a few seconds she began to giggle despite herself. Staying mad at Ander was something she'd found challenging over the past couple of days. "That's right. Hey, help me with this hat-stand looking thing?" she called over to him. "If it doesn't fit the keyhole, I wanna try bending it into shape." Now it was a bit more important that they got moving and found whatever secrets the caves protected.

Ander tried not to let his embarrassment show, but he was sure that the for Firbolg face was giving him away, especially when he winced at the feel of his own teeth. He smiled and listened to Virra and Niradnam as they told him where to position items in the room.

Groaning softly, Niradnam replied, "More or less ... and since one is my sister, that brings the options down even more ... regardless of my wishes." He glanced back towards the way they had come for a moment before returning to helping with the search for objects.

Once the group managed to orient the items correctly, the dark elf muttered a few words as he shifted the glowing orbs of light, attempting to create a stronger lantern of a sort, projecting the formed shadow against the door in the shape of a key. The group was hushed for a moment, waiting for what might come next, when a soft click echoed through the room and the sound of something sliding downwards. A void of darkness was visible now, edges cleanly cut into the wall -- Nirandam placed a hand on his rapier before sending a globe of light to investigate, the dim light showing a new passageway.

He looked to the others, "Alright ... guess that's our first trial passed? Wonder how the others are doing?" Pausing for a second, his eyes filled with white before returning to the lilac, "I checked on Egnaro -- the wagon seems fine at least." Giving a hesitant smile he added, "Just like every other cat, Egnaro's up there without a care in the world."

Bumping a few times further into hidden furniture, he started down the passageway, leading the others with the glowing lights until the group found themselves ... in what looked to be a very noble bedchamber, ornate chests and wardrobes everywhere, piles of clothes, jewelry, accessories, boots, even wigs on offer and display, some stored more delicately and others crowding the floor like a windstorm came through mere minutes ago. Eventually their gaze is directed towards a large statue of a man staring into a giant mirror with a faint smirk on their face. Niradnam sighed at seeing another mirror so soon, only for the statue to shift, glancing at him over its shoulder and making a Tsk! sound. Looking back at its reflection a voice echoed in the room, "So drab! So plain, how very last century -- you dress your age! One must keep up with the latest fashions, my dear, else why bother with anything?"

Adjusting its seated position for a better view, Niradnam plucked at his clothes, "... what do you mean I 'dress my age' ... this is comfortable travel wear?"

The scholar suddenly froze, struggling to move, his clothes seemed to tighten around him, the statue making a small gesture, "If you're not in the latest fashion, why bother dear?" The voice chuckled happily until the statue moved again, leaning into the mirror as if to kiss itself, Niradnam taking a deep breath once the fabrics loosened.

Clutching his chest he muttered, "This ... place better be worth... all the trouble it's causing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread