• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Port Vera

Winona

No, I don't have too many characters.

a roleplay by WeenCorp (trademark pending)

Port Vera

The City of Lights, the City on the Water

gms

Only me, hehe

tags

Blame it on September

Allstar Weekend

• The little seaside town...

Ah, Port Vera. The City of Lights. The City of Water. Once, an absolutely gorgeous marvel on the coast of Maryland, with its glowing Ferris wheel attracting people from miles away.

Once upon a time, Port Vera had been considered one of the places that you had to stop at if you were going by boat from wherever. The portside town, located on the edge of the ocean, used to be the place that all passing boats would stop at -- and because of this, quite the city started to sprout from the ground up here. Hotels and homey bed and breakfasts lined the boardwalk that had situated itself between the town and the port. Whether it was traveling cruise ships, people visiting by their own boat, or merchants driving their wares up and down the ocean, people flocked their way to Port Vera. And although it would always seem incredibly busy, when things would slow down in the winter, the town would exchange its typical flock of tourists for a new flock of college students that were attending the small college.

Unfortunately, as other tourist traps along the way started to pick up, and as the usage of boats began to slow down, Port Vera saw a steady decline in their tourists every summer as they lost out to other places. So what remained was a town that remained nearly ghost-like throughout the entire year, although they continued to trudge on. The people that remained in the town were mostly ones that been raised there for generations.

Of course, every spring would see the fresh faces of the newly graduated high school class leaving, or staying. It was easy to see who'd become a lifer in Port Vera -- the ones that didn't get out in that first year would often find themselves stuck in the familiarity of the town they grew up in. And every year, the number of graduates dwindled.

However, holidays would see an uptick in the visitors to Port Vera, mainly with an upheaval of graduates that had moved out coming back to visit family and home, along with plenty of people visiting just because it's a nifty, cozy little town.

And so... yeah, that's the stage for our roleplay. Razzle dazzle.

a

b

c

♡coded by uxie♡

Ah, Port Vera. The City of Lights. The City of Water. Once, an absolutely gorgeous marvel on the coast of Maryland, with its glowing Ferris wheel attracting people from miles away.

Once upon a time, Port Vera had been considered one of the places that you had to stop at if you were going by boat from wherever. The portside town, located on the edge of the ocean, used to be the place that all passing boats would stop at -- and because of this, quite the city started to sprout from the ground up here. Hotels and homey bed and breakfasts lined the boardwalk that had situated itself between the town and the port. Whether it was traveling cruise ships, people visiting by their own boat, or merchants driving their wares up and down the ocean, people flocked their way to Port Vera. And although it would always seem incredibly busy, when things would slow down in the winter, the town would exchange its typical flock of tourists for a new flock of college students that were attending the small college.

Unfortunately, as other tourist traps along the way started to pick up, and as the usage of boats began to slow down, Port Vera saw a steady decline in their tourists every summer as they lost out to other places. So what remained was a town that remained nearly ghost-like throughout the entire year, although they continued to trudge on. The people that remained in the town were mostly ones that been raised there for generations.

Of course, every spring would see the fresh faces of the newly graduated high school class leaving, or staying. It was easy to see who'd become a lifer in Port Vera -- the ones that didn't get out in that first year would often find themselves stuck in the familiarity of the town they grew up in. And every year, the number of graduates dwindled.

However, holidays would see an uptick in the visitors to Port Vera, mainly with an upheaval of graduates that had moved out coming back to visit family and home, along with plenty of people visiting just because it's a nifty, cozy little town.

And so... yeah, that's the stage for our roleplay. Razzle dazzle.

--------------------------------

About the RP

Hello. So the thing, first and foremost, is that this is a very sandbox-y, slice of type rp. More or less, anything goes. It's all about character development and writing your own little stories.

As far as skips go, though, they will be big. As in most of the skips will probably be around a month, or two-ish weeks at a bare minimum (obviously, some skips will be smaller than this). But the reason for this?

The focus of most skips will be holidays, because a good deal of characters won't still be living in the Port Vera area. Or, well, that's the idea, anyway. Again, obviously, well have skips that don't incorporate holidays, but the focus will probably be on those times of year that people would be coming back to visit family and -- ultimately -- their little hometown.

And... yeah, I think that about wraps it up.

--------------------------------

Rules

rule one!

Literacy. I ask for a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs that are at least four-five lines each. Obviously if you can't reach this every time, that's perfectly okay -- it happens, and we all have bad muse, or it's just the kind of interaction that does better with shorter, more rapid-fire responses. That's fine. However, I do ask for this as a general minimum,

rule two!

No mary-sues, no gary-stus, none of those perfect characters. I want characters that make mistakes. I want characters that feel as if they could hop off the page and walk through my front door. Kind of. You get what I mean. Realism.

rule three!

Character age will be between 21-25. The idea is that they were in high school at around the same time.

rule four!

Keep your OOC drama to a minimum. Or better yet, non-existent. If you're uncomfortable with someone or have any kind of issues, my DMs are always open, so feel free to message me with any concerns.

rule five!

More than likely, this roleplay will follow a Seasons format. For those that don't know, it basically just means that we'll have set skips that are kind of treated as episodes and, at the end of those episodes, we'll do a time skip, age up characters, and then hit Season 2.

rule six!

We will be using a Discord server for OOC. If you're interested, please just post below, and I'll make sure to send you a link to said server. Hope to see you there!

if you still need more people I'm interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back