• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Hazel Yew
A muffled crash pierced the peaceful silence followed quickly by two more making the man sprawled out on the sofa stir for a moment, as an especially loud fourth crash echoed through the walls he groaned and rolled over into a sitting position nearly bumping the nearby coffee table. "Uuugh...now what?" Hazel grumbled and scowled at the sandwich press laid out of the table that had kept him there until he dozed off rather than being in bed. Hearing another crash he pushed himself up and walked out stepping over a still lounging Luxray, as Hazel opened the door the sofa creaked slightly as his previous seat was promptly claimed.

Stumbling sleepily into a large garage Hazel looked around. "Kludge! Ya better be usin' the stress panel this time!" Heading for a mostly clear corner he sighed with relief that the fresh dents were confined to the old sliding van door that had been designated as the punch bag, giving a long spanner one last petulant swing the dark skinned Marowak stomped off towards the tool rack. "I told ya no workin' on stuff without me and it's way too..." He glanced at the clock on the wall. "Alright maybe it ain't that early but ya can't be messin' around by yerself." Placing the spanner back in it's place Kludge picked up his bone and finally looked up at Hazel. "Wak." He snapped grumpily. "Well at least ya learned to put the tools away right but use yer bone or at least a hammer to beat the panel next time." Hazel patted the sulky Pokemon on the head. "Now come on, I feel like a panini and it doesn't look like I'll be able to make my own."

Heading back into the single storey home attached to the garage Hazel cleaned himself up a bit so he didn't look too much like he'd just rolled off the sofa then stuck his head into the living room. "Hey Rayden we're headin' out for a bite, let's roll." A pair of yellow eyes slowly opened and fixed on Hazel at the call, taking his sweet time Rayden made a big show of stretching himself out before joining them.

Hazel took a satisfying deep breath of the sea air as he ambled through the calm streets to reach Sawsbuck's, pushing open the door he waved to the barista behind the counter. "Mornin'! How are ya?" He called out with a sunny smile. "Can I get a large espresso and the ham & cheese panini?"

Paperface Paperface

Ellie Walsh

1605989094080-png.809786
Minna was screaming from her bedroom, her cries echoing through the small apartment above the shop. Ellie, donning an oversized t-shirt and not much else, took one last bite out of her breakfast and rounded the corner. Azzie, her Azurill, followed at her heels, looking alarmed and bothered by the sudden onslaught of loud noise.

Ellie hurriedly got Minna dressed and changed under the watchful eye of Azzie and Gloss, her late mother's Gossifleur. She had overslept, and her shop was supposed to open an hour ago. Oops. While Minna and Azzie played, Ellie quickly got herself ready, throwing on a light yellow sundress and putting her platinum hair into a braid. It would have to do.

"Alright, Minna-me, time to start our day!" Ellie chirped in a singsong voice, hoisting her daughter up and taking her down the stairs that led directly to the open-space shop. Ellie spoke with a heavy Galarian accent, her words lilting and light. Flicking the lights of her shop on, she was joined by her helpful Butterfree, who had already begun pollinating the flowers. The shop smelled heavily floral, a smell that was often carried down the street and wafted through the town in the pleasant breeze.

Flipping the wooden sign on the front door to "Open," Ellie sighed and looked out the window. It was another beautiful day in Port Pinella. She felt lucky to be here. She decided to prop the door open to allow the fresh, coastal air in.

A stare off was happening between an overgrown Chicken and the overgrown chickens owner, aka Nico. Why were they staring at each other??? It mainly had to do with how the chicken got mad because Nico had woken her up when Nico was getting ready to go clean his store before opening it. "Blazi..." Nico had an idea what the stupid pokemon was saying but he knew for sure that he wasn't to blame for her waking up. "What the hell do you mean I woke you up? I was barely waking up when you came over and started attacking me." Nico growled out. How the hell was he so unlucky to get an idiot chicken as his pokemon? Why couldn't he have gotten that shiny Magikarp? But no, fate wanted to screw him over and gave him a stupid fried chicken.

"And don't you start with me you stupid Teriyaki, not once have I used Torchics as food on my store..... don't you give me that look, those were just toys that I got for Danny." He literally had to jump when his Phamtump, Danny, appeared from somewhere. "Holy Guacamole, where the hell did you come from???" He asked the young pokemon, who just tilted its head before going to lay on top of his Umbreon, Umbra. "Disrespectful little...." He had to move out of the way as Blaziken tried to attack him. "What's your problem??" He glared at her before widening his eyes and running away, being chased by the Blaziken. "Hey, no trying to burn me." He yelled back as Blaziken tried to burn him with a flamethrower. He had to jump out of the way when Blaziken got close and tried to hit him below the belt. "No hitting there, I need it if I want kids."

It was turning out to be a nice day in Port Pinnella. The sun was already rising high into the sky as a few people made their way to work. Others still just came outside to enjoy the cool breeze that drifted lazily from the ocean, which visibly seemed to strengthen every living thing on the island. Naomi had to admit, there was something about the place that energized her more than she had ever felt in Unova, which terrified her but excited her greatly. It was only her third week being on the island, and she had been spending most of that time training her team and working on the gym that Kira- the dark type gym leader and the only other gym leader on the island- so graciously helped her out with. Personally Naomi hadn't been fond of the woman; she had seemed a bit detached and a bit hasty with getting things done and over with, promptly leaving her to wonder whether the experienced gym leader even liked her.

Kira was the only person that Naomi had actually even talked to on a personal level, meaning she was practically alone aside from her pokemon. The opening day of her ground type gym had been the talk of the town only a few days prior. She had managed a few hellos to the crowding people, but that had been the extent of it. Now she and Excadrill sat on a small bench just outside of a small flower shop, taking a short break from their walk.

"Where would you like to head to next Excadrill?" She drew her brown gaze towards the pokemon who had his attention on some leaves by her feet. Before she could tell him otherwise, he pounced clumsily onto them and began to munch on an especially crunchy one.

"I hope it's to your liking," She commented before noticing the lights in the shop beside them turn on. A flower shop huh? She supposed her loft could do with a bit of livening up... Hopping off of the bench, she beckoned her pokemon to follow her inside. A small bell rang, announcing their entrance. Immediately an overwhelmingly sweet fragrance hit Naomi, but it was almost calming. A pretty blond woman sat behind the counter with her Butterfree and a girl who she could only assume to be the woman's daughter with their uncanny resemblance. She nodded to them politely with a neutral expression, hoping she didn't look too out of place in the cheerful room.

alpestris alpestris

Ellie Walsh

1605989094080-png.809786
The chiming of the bell at the door of the shop alerted Ellie to the presence of their first customer of the day. Butterfree was one step ahead of her, fluttering around the guest amicably.
"Ah, hello, darling, welcome in!" Ellie greeted the teen with a warm smile, appreciating the fact that people of all ages could enjoy the beauty of flowers. Her voice was lilting and soft, warm and welcoming. She looked vaguely familiar, and Ellie recognized her after a moment, and her face lit up. "Oh- aren't you the new gym leader? Oh, it is so nice to meet you! My name is Ellie. This is Minna. Er, remind me of your name, darling? My memory is horrible since I've had this one." Sheepishly, Ellie gestured at her daughter, who was playing with Azurill underneath a table quietly.

Ellie had only been in town for a few months herself, but it was exciting whenever there was a new face in town. More exciting was the fact that it was an additional gym leader- surely the added gym would bring more customers and tourists, which is always a good thing for an island and small business. Ellie had never attempted the gym challenge herself, but anyone who could make it so far as to become a Gym Leader was certainly an impressive feat.

Pipsqueak Pipsqueak

Bradley glared at his Snorlax, Chubbs, mainly because the hungry hippo kept on eating all the baked goods he had made. It had taken him almost 3 hours to even have them be ready, but the freaking Snorlax kept on waking up and just eating sweets. "Are you trying to make me go broke?? I'll punish you somehow." He yelled at Chubbs. He turned to the small rodent on top of Chubbs stomach before sighing and heading back to see if there would be any ingredients that he could use. Maybe he could create one of his most horrible sweets and see if Chubbs would be stupid enough to eat it, but then again, you never know with a snorlax. They are big eaters, heck, they had to eat 900 pound worth per day. Was there a way to make a poffin that can satisfy the big hippo.

He went into the basement and turned to see his Magmortar, Fuego, and Ninetales, Azula, heating up the furnace. Now this two, with Helios and Livewire, they were the best of pokemons he could have. They didn't annoy him like Chubbs and Sparky did, heck, sometimes he just wanted to release those two but he didn't have the heart to even do that. They were a pain in the butt but they have been with him for so long. "Hmm, I heard that someone named William Pines lived here, maybe I can find that guy and see if it's the same guy from college." He turned to all of his pokemon. "Take a break, i don't think the store is even gonna open today, all thanks to you Chubbs." He sighed to himself before heading, locking the door to his stored/home. Of course he didn't forget to return Chubbs into its pokeball while Sparky just jumped onto his shoulder. He really didn't want Chubbs to get hungry and go looking around town for food.

Mentioned: Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford

There was something about the early hours of the morning that made Bailey feel at ease. Be it the lingering chill of the night air carried by the breeze. Or the peaceful silence gently being broken over time as Port Pinnella roused from its collective slumber. Maybe it was a combination of the two that compelled her to open shop every day. Whichever it was, it made turning off the alarm clock at 5 a.m. a little more bearable.
After shutting off the noise of the alarm, Bailey produced her own sound for a moment. Letting out a groan while stretching her muscles before getting up. And waking up the rest of the household in the process. Four Pokémon in total who’d become so set in their ways that an alarm clock wouldn’t wake them anymore. However, if Bailey set but a toe outside of her bed, they all woke up.

Once she had fully woken herself up with a full glass of water and gotten through her morning routine, Bailey was once again ready to tackle the day. Heading out into the morning chill with a parade of Pokémon trailing after her. The destination Sawsbucks Coffee.

Depending on the day, it took somewhere between 1 or 2 hours to get the shop set up for business. Or at least walk-in. During which she would return Dewey, the young Ducklett, to his Pokéball since she couldn’t watch him all day. Pepper, her rebellious Tranquill, was given a choice in the matter and would usually explore the town with Bumper. Stirring up trouble with the ‘free-range’ Furret, no doubt. Which left the Ditto Morf with Bailey, the only Pokémon in her roster that assisted her on the job.
Bailey had just finished setting up shop behind the counter when a ring attracted her attention to the entrance. “Good morning~ I’m doing well, and I’ll get that ready right away.” The sight of the orange-clad redhead took a second to place before her memory of the local mechanic kicked in. “How are you today?” Bailey asked while preparing his order, “Any new projects ongoing?”

IG42 IG42

Naomi was a bit taken aback by the cheeriness of the shop keeper. Back home nobody in her family had ever taken up such a tone with anyone, let alone her. However this didn't deter her from offering a small smile back at the woman. Excadrill stepped out from behind her, clawing delicately in Butterfree's direction with mild curiosity. Naomi nodded at Ellie's question.

"Yes, I am the new gym leader. It's a pleasure to meet you two. My name's Naomi, and this is Excadrill." She extended a hand towards her pokemon as if to show him off, but he wasn't paying any attention. Naomi shot a disgruntled look at him before turning to gaze at all of the flowers and plants in the shop.

"You guys have a lot to choose from. I apologize for barging in so soon after you opened, it's just we were out on a walk and noticed the sign. I figured my little loft could do with some...decorations." Someone had told her long ago that decorating a living space up with plants and other lively things would make it feel more personal, although she couldn't for the life of her remember who had said it. She hoped, whoever it was, that they were right. As Excadrill continued to watch Butterfree with fascination, Naomi began to wander around the shop. There were so many flowers to choose from, and she had no idea what any of them were! How she was going to take care of it was a mystery. She didn't know the first thing about flowers.

"So... are you both from around here?" She asked politely, keeping her gaze fixed on a particular potted yellow flower. She had never been good at small talk but figured it was best to try and get to know someone here.

alpestris alpestris

Joe Jenkins

Joe Jenkins, the oldest member here on Port Pinella. To some he was considered their grandfather, while to others *cough*Akira*cough* he was old man Jenkins. Its not like he cared about that damn maggot. He grabbed one of the three cups of coffee beside him as he stared at his Ditto, who looked like he had no idea what it wanted to do at all. Staring at Ditto, he sighed to himself before nodding so that it would go do whatever it does when he isn't busy. Joe stood up and started to head up the stairs, toward the room that belonged to his youngest child, who was still sleeping. He didn't knock on the door at all, nope, he barged in without a care in the world. What?? No one should say anything, the runt lived on his home so he could do whatever he wants, even if said runt was sleeping on one of his guest room. "Alola you stupid runt, its morning already and I ain't letting you sleep no more, so get up and get to work." He yelled at the runt.

Interacting with: alpestris alpestris

unknown.png
Lucas Watson

Interacts: t s u k i t s u k i (Kira)

The salty sea air, the beautiful coastline, Port Pinella really was as calm and scenic as people would describe.
Actually maybe we should strike that calm part...

As an excited laugh could be heard racing down the street. "Come on, keep up!" As a young blond teen raced down the road towards his destination on his rollerblades, hoping down a couple of steps without missing a motion in his stride.
Right behind on the boy's tail was his Shinx charging after the boy, seemingly just as excited as it's tail sparked with electricity. His Emolga was also following along, though took the easy option and was riding on Lucas shoulder, as it blew a taunting raspberry at his fellow electric pokemon. Shinx unfortunately getting distracted by this and then taking a tumble down those same few steps before racing onwards.

Lucus arrived quickly at the Professor Tsukishima's lab minutes later skidding to a swift stop in a t-break motion. The boy excitedly double checking his satchel, even if a bit late to double check he had everything before knocking. "Keys check, Pokeballs check, Phone check, Battle diary..." Yet this was also the exact moment his Shinx caught up, and still wanting to chase down the taunting electric rodent proceeded to use tackle!
Not only was did this hit Emolga but also their trainer; sending the teen boy over onto the ground and into the professor's front door in a LOUD THUD with his stuff clattered to the ground around him.

Ellie Walsh

1605989094080-png.809786
Ellie clapped her hands together once, a smile forming on her face. "Oh, wonderful! We have so many great indoor plants to choose from. Don't worry about coming in, we love company!" With a kind hand, she gently guided the girl in the direction of the garden plants, one of which was the yellow potted flower she had been eyeballing. Her touch was feather soft and unimposing, a completely friendly gesture.

Butterfree returned the interest, fluttering around the Excadrill and letting out a happy squeak. Minna took this opportunity to waddle up to Excadrill as well, happy to see a new face. "Hi." She waved a chubby hand in the Excadrill's face.

"Honey, give the Excadrill space," Ellie warned, but her voice was kind even when chastising. "We are from Motostoke city in the Galar region. We moved out here a couple of months ago. It is so beautiful here, we are happy. How have you been liking it here?"

Pipsqueak Pipsqueak

d7689ad11bacff4674ae0dc90b952fbc.jpg
Jamesby
Interacting: Lazy Taco Lazy Taco , t s u k i t s u k i

"Alola you stupid runt, it's morning already and I ain't letting you sleep no more, so get up and get to work."

Jamesby let out an undignified screech as his father barged into his room, unceremoniously tearing him from his slumber. He let out another cry as he glanced at the clock perched beside his door, realizing how absolutely screwed he was. This was his second time late this week, somehow making sleeping through his alarms a habit. Rowan was going to have his ass.

He launched himself out of bed, offering his father a reluctant "alola to you too," before throwing himself into the bathroom, tugging a comb through his long brown hair and trying to make himself look somewhat presentable. For work, he had to dress somewhat nice, but all too late he realized his laundry was extremely overdue. He managed to find a sweater and trousers that were not too wrinkled, throwing them on as he grabbed a quick breakfast.

"I'm headed out. If I don't return, Rowan killed me. Bye!" Jamesby called out to his father, wishing he had more time to spend with him. His dad had reluctantly let him crash at his place while he saved some money, and entertained himself by giving his youngest a hard time. Jamesby knew it was from a place of love, however, and regretted not having more quality time to spend with his pops. "I'll bring back dinner!"

Jamesby hopped onto his bike- his work was close enough he could walk if he wanted to, but this was faster- and rode like his life depended on it. The office was already bustling when he arrived, breathless and windswept.

"Rowan! I'm here!"

Kira Tsukishima - Dawnstar Dawnstar , Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford
ring ring ring

She could swear she was hearing ringing in the middle of her dream of having a actual peaceful day at her lab, with that hot black coffee she loves oh so much. It was almost like she wasn't surviving on coffee and random pastries from time to time (if she remembered to eat). Being a mom of 4 in this awkward little island town that she loved so much, was quite the chore, but it worked even if her husband was away for long hours with his work. In the midst of her sleep, she had rolled over to get comfortable, but she noticed a stinging in her eyes... light? It was too early for light, but that was when she woke almost fully, opening her eyes and sitting up. Her hair was an absolute mess, tangled to heck and back with baby spit up all over her shirt. Glancing at the window that looked out to the beautiful seas of the Port made Kira's dark eyes widen and reach over to smack her husband in the shoulder, "Akira! AKIRA! We overslept! We gotta get the kids to school!" She rushed out. Jumping out of bed, the mess of a woman rushed to grab a clean shirt, some yoga pants and a lab coat from her closet.

After getting dressed, she moved to brushing her hair out and putting it up into some sort of messy updo with her bangs messily combed to the side. She at least looked like she had her life together, but that was when the first cry broke through the once quiet air. So, she took herself to her twin son's room. Riku was the first one up, so she took the boy into her arms and bounced him just a little bit, "Good Morning, sweet boy" she had whispered. Kira showed her little bit of soft side to her kids, that was about it. After a quick wake up of Ren and changing the two, she carried the twins downstairs to the kitchen where Akira could give them breakfast while Kira rushed to get her lab ready. Hopefully-

A loud thud echoed, and so the woman rushed to her door, opening it to find one of the local boys, she remembered his name, "Lucas, you really should watch where you're going, okay kid? What brings you by the lab?"

Vincent Everett - alpestris alpestris
What a nice morning he was having, it all started with his Munchlax trying to eat his television remote, so of course he had to stop him and get up. Poor Munchy just wanted breakfast, so he fed Jax and Fin as well. His faithful Dewott and Gible. They got him through the rough move to this little port town, especially after his transition. This was his fresh start and so far it was going great. Not once had he been harassed for who he was or misgendered. This was what he wanted for so long and it was happening. In town, he used to sell fruits before he got his school job, so he would get little parcels from time to time with some fresh produce.

Today's parcel had some fresh Oran Berries and Pinap Berries, so he decided to make his snack to go for the day. Cutting up the Oran Berries while juicing the Pinap Berries, he had a simple toast with some ice water for breakfast. He never really liked breakfast foods and today he didn't have time for a tea, he wanted to get to the school early to help with setting up lessons for that day and the entire week. Scheduling was his favorite part of the job. After breakfast, he dressed himself in some nice skinny pants with a nice dress shirt.

With a quick slip on of some shoes, Vincent gathered everyone and made his way to school where he only let Munchlax into the classroom with him, "Morning Copper!" He greeted his co-teacher, who was more like his friend than a co-worker. It made work alot of fun for him besides the kids.

Rowan Grant - alpestris alpestris , Lazy Taco Lazy Taco (mentioned)
Getting up at the very earliest hour that she possibly could seemed routine for the young mayor. When she woke up that morning, she didn't think much about making sure her husband Nico was up and out the door. He was his own man, so it was his responsibility to not be late for his own job. See, they are a somewhat newly married couple, got married on a whim we should say. She did however leave a little note for him on the table telling him not to work too hard on the house when he got home. She quite liked the dullness of making sure the house was clean and somewhat in order before they went to sleep, it kept her centered so she could best serve the people of Pinella.

Her walk was pretty long as she lived on the other side of town, but she didn't mind the long walk. It allowed for her to wake up with that salty smell in the air that she loved oh so much. But when she got there it was a packed house. Rowan had almost forgotten what her job really entailed. Before she could even reach her desk, she was given a large load of papers. Plopping into her chair, she growled when the usual call of her name signaling her assistant's arrival pierced the air of the small office.

"It's fine! Just grab some papers... please.." She reluctantly pleaded, poking her head out, trying to look into the hallway, "Remind me to get you a new alarm clock for Christmas." She spoke in a deadpan tone.

Mr. Copper
Interact: t s u k i t s u k i

0c070ba89ab6a2e53f77ce417a321610.jpg
Copper met his TA's entrance with agrin. He had been at the school for an hour already, having woken up early to go on a three-mile run. Copper prided himself in having a strict schedule that he followed: wake up at 4:30am, shoo Wob away, work out, make a balanced breakfast, shoo Wob away, and then ride his bike to the school to get ahead with grading and lesson planning. And then shoo Wob away, as he would inevitably follow him to the small school. A morning person by nature, he loved getting ahead and being awake before everyone else.

Wob meandered around the classroom now, making small noises of surprise whenever he bumped into something. Sigh. Cop watched in vague entertainment whenever grading became monotonous.

"Morning, Mr. Vin." Cop said while stretching his arms up to the ceiling. He had been hunched over his desk for the greater part of the morning, and his back let out a satisfying pop. "Weird request." he prefaced his request with a warning, suppressing a smile. "Would you be able to search the supply room for some note pads at some point today? I want the kids to work on Pokemon identification but we are running low. Did Munchlax mistake our pile for a snack again?"
His tone, while professional, had a fondness to it. Vin was a hard worker, and he admired that.

Gym leader.jpg
Naomi Walton

At Ellie's assurance that the pair hadn't interrupted a thing, Naomi couldn't help but feel herself relaxing a bit. It was the first time since she had arrived that she had felt even the smallest bit welcome here. Although Ellie's demeanor was certainly odd compared to what she was used to, Naomi knew that everyone had different ways of living. Perhaps the islander's way was just... much more affectionate than Unova's.

'This will certainly be interesting then...' She thought to herself, wondering briefly if the islanders would take it to heart if she didn't return their gestures. Well.. maybe not Kira, but that was besides the point. As Ellie lead her gently towards the potted flower she had been eyeing, both of their attention was drawn towards a small "hi" from behind. She turned just as Ellie had warned her daughter Minna of Excadrill's personal space, to which Naomi simply shook her head.

"It's quite alright. Excadrill is... well." She gestured to her pokemon as he gently placed his nose on the child's, eyeing her curiously as he had Butterfree. She then turned back towards the small little flower. It almost seemed to be peeking up at her as she grabbed the pot it was snuggled in and gazed at it in wonder. She had never taken care of a flower before....

As she appraised the flora, she listened as Ellie explained a bit of their background before they had moved here. Naomi glanced up at the shop owner's inquiry and gave a polite smile.

"I've never been to Galar, but I hear there's a lot to do there. From the sound of it, it seems breathtaking. However it's nice to know you two are enjoying living here. It gives me hope for myself. So far I haven't been doing much aside from training up my pokemon and decorating the gym, so I guess I don't have much of an opinion yet. I enjoy the breeze from the ocean though, and you seem lovely if I may say so. I'm hoping everyone is as welcoming as you, I really do appreciate it. Also, I think I'll take this one." Naomi held up the yellow flower in her hands with certainty.

"I'm sure I'll come back for more some other day. Someone told me you can never go wrong with plants. And..Er... if I may ask, what would you recommend to eat here? Excadrill and I have been out on a walk all morning. I'd assume he's getting a bit hungry." As the two spoke, Excadrill began to follow Minna around the shop, playfully booping her every so often with his nose. At the mention of food however, he turned his attention towards Noami and waddled up to her, sniffing as if she had something to give.

alpestris alpestris

Ellie Walsh

1605989094080-png.809786
Ellie cocked her head in thought, tapping a manicured finger to her bottom lip as she considered the eateries on the island.

"Well, there is a lovely ice cream shop across the way. Oh, and a bakery right down the street! We also have a Sawsbucks- oh, Sawsbucks is lovely!" Ellie listed all of her favorite places right then and there, enjoying the company. Having a toddler was fun, sometimes, but an actual conversation was something she craved often. Minna had begun to hug Excadrill, likely realizing that they were talking about leaving.

Ellie rang her up at the register, discreetly giving her a discount just because she found Naomi so sweet. She hummed cheerfully as she handed the plant back over to the young lady, giving her a smile.

"Moving can be so scary- and to be doing it all by yourself!" She breathed, looking impressed. "You have a friend here, alright? If you ever need anything-" she said, voice going serious, "I live right above the shop. I am happy to help in any way I can."

Pipsqueak Pipsqueak

Hazel Yew
Hazel grinned like a child asked about their new toy. "Well as a matter of fact I managed ta get a holda an ol' outboard motor from one of the guys 'round the marina, thing had broken down and he was going to ditch it so I took it offa his hands." He paused to breathe at least a little and was interrupted by Kludge prodding him roughly in the side with his bone. "Ey! Alright take it easy princess." He rolled his eyes at the interruption and placed a hand on Rayden's head before his other Pokemon made his demands known as well. "Gonna need ta add two poffins ta that order, one sour one sweet, the kids are getting cranky." That comment earned him another poke from Kludge while Rayden wandered off to find a comfy spot to lie down and wait.

Freed from pestering he got back to his chattering. "Anyway I was gonna ta try fixin' it up but then I'll have ta get a boat or something ta fit it onto." He rubbed his neck sheepishly and laughed a little at his own lack of foresight then looked thoughtful. "Or maybe I could try cobbling together a raft with some barrels, hmm."

Paperface Paperface

Gym leader.jpg
Naomi Walton
Naomi thought for a moment before turning to Excadrill expectantly, an eyebrow raised. He merely answered with a small head nod, and she nodded back slowly in response.

"The bakery it is then." She turned back to Ellie, placed the cash on the counter and grabbed her flower delicately. She gave the shop owner a small, genuine smile that didn't feel so forced this time. Naomi didn't think she had ever warmed up to someone so quickly before, but Ellie certainly made it easy.

"I appreciate it, thank you. You don't need to worry though, My pokemon and I are perfectly capable on our own. Do take care. We'll be seeing you." The young gym leader waved at Ellie, Minna and their pokemon before motioning to Excadrill to follow her out. Excadrill gave Minna one last glance before following. The small bell rang once again to announce their departure, and the calming, sweet smell of the flowers was suddenly replaced with the crisp, salty scent of the ocean. It reminded Naomi of when she had first arrived here. The smell was wonderful, but very different from her hometown- one of the first things she had noticed.

"Alright. Ellie said the bakery was just down the street..." She mumbled to herself, wondering if there would be a sign to indicate what building it was when they got there. As the pair made their way downtown, it was obvious to passerby that they hadn't been here long, even without knowing she was the new gym leader. Naomi and Excadrill were staring in curiosity at all of the buildings they passed by. Most were restaurants or little clothing or shoe shops. Then there were houses and apartment buildings that were quite small compared to the ones she had seen back home. Finally the bakery came into sight, and she realized she didn't need a sign to identify it. Although there was no food in there- little did Naomi know- the place still had the lingering smell of baked goods. She walked up and pulled on the door, but it wouldn't open.

"Hmm... They might be closed for today Excadrill." She glanced over the shop's windows, but there didn't seem to be an open sign anywhere. Turning to her pokemon, she shrugged.

"Well. Where would you like to go now?"

alpestris alpestris

d7689ad11bacff4674ae0dc90b952fbc.jpg
Jamesby
Interacting: t s u k i t s u k i
“It is so crazy- I HAVE an alarm clock but my powers of sleep are just unstoppable.” Jamesby yammered as he took a stack of papers, eyeing the contents of the folders. Ah, perfect, he had been needing these.

“I had the craziest dream last night...” he started as he plopped himself down close to Rowan, getting right to work cheerfully. Rowan was his boss, but he never had much difficulty making himself comfortable in conversation with them. With anyone, really. While on his Pokemon journey- what seemed like a lifetime ago- he had easily made allies and friends during his adventures. This aided him greatly, as having people he could go to, especially so far from home, pushed him far in the Gym Challenge. “...and THEN the Combee turned into my grandma?” He retold his dream in vivid detail to an uninterested looking Rowan.

Jamesby did not see his loss in the Gym Challenge as something to be ashamed at, either. He was proud of himself for making it as far as he did and was even thankful that his career ended where it did. After that last devastating battle, he hadn’t battled once for fear of putting his Pokemon in harms way. They were living the easy life in Pinella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back