Should popcorn be salty or sweet?

• Salty

Votes: 73 71.6%
  • Sweet

Votes: 29 28.4%

• Total voters

Amerikia1126

Occasionally Active
Recently my mind was blown and I found out that some people tarnish the good name of movie theater popcorn by making it sweet of all things. Sweet. What kind of maniac does that?

Then I learned there's a ton of other flavors in some countries, to which I say why tho. Those are more excusable since they aren't legit the complete opposite flavor of popcorn perfection, YOU MONSTERS.

Anyway, popcorn should be salty so it goes down well with a soda and you don't want to throw up from too much sugar halfway through the movie. It's just common sense, bro.

Recently my mind was blown and I found out that some people tarnish the good name of movie theater popcorn by making it sweet of all things. Sweet. What kind of maniac does that?

Then I learned there's a ton of other flavors in some countries, to which I say why tho. Those are more excusable since they aren't legit the complete opposite flavor of popcorn perfection, YOU MONSTERS.

Anyway, popcorn should be salty so it goes down well with a soda and you don't want to throw up from too much sugar halfway through the movie. It's just common sense, bro.
For me, it depends. Sometimes I like it to be salty. Sometimes I like it to be sweet.

glorious-sweet-popcorn-master-race-filthy-salty-peasants.jpg

The best popcorn to me is the kind you can get in a movie theater made fresh and is extra buttery. Never was too crazy about sweet popcorn.

I like them both, I also like the salty/sweet popcorn combo, and a lot of other popcorn flavors. My brother and I used to mix our salty, buttery popcorn with a small amount of sugar to add just a little bit of sweet to it. It gets really boring to me when I have the same flavor of popcorn all the time.

At the movie theater I go to, they allow us to have a sweet and salty combo in one bag/bucket. There'd be caramel popcorn on one side, and butter popcorn on the other. I never get sick of both, even though the butter popcorn is more satisfying in my opinion.

Sweet popcorn can actually stay in your mouth and has a considerably better flavor while and after eating. Salty popcorn is not entirely bad, but after a while it's the equivalent of consuming sandy rubber on my mouth. As for the puking, if you puke with a bag of sweet popcorn and soda, then I'm afraid it's not the sugar that's the problem buddy

It depends. Usually I go for salty/buttery all the way because that's just how popcorn is supposed to be. I won't turn down popcorn with chocolate or caramel drizzled on it though.

I tried grape flavored popcorn once and by god, never again. Popcorn has a specific state of being and weird flavors throw the whole popcorn equilibrium into chaos.

It depends. Usually I go for salty/buttery all the way because that's just how popcorn is supposed to be. I won't turn down popcorn with chocolate or caramel drizzled on it though.

I tried grape flavored popcorn once and by god, never again. Popcorn has a specific state of being and weird flavors throw the whole popcorn equilibrium into chaos.
Grape popcorn sounds disgusting! Whose idea was it?

Grape popcorn sounds disgusting! Whose idea was it?

There's a popcorn shop in the town that I live in that sells a whole bunch of flavors. I have no idea what possessed them to make such a thing, but there it is. For sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back