• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Politicon: One Nation, Under You (OOC)

Hopefully the spots aren't all filled up.

I started working on a nation mostly as a creative exercise, but when I completed the Ewe-Fante Foundation's history I decided to get involved after all... if there's still room?

How many PC are we expecting to start with, if any?

I trust you don't want us to decide how we're handling the four issues above just yet?

We're not filled up! I'm not setting a cap on this RP since its super laissez faire by design. Feel free to dive in.

I'm almost ready to put up the Single Nations IC now that I've submitted my own nation.

awesome!
i get it.
well i gotta change from stoneworkers to merchants then

Single Nations (IC) thread is up! See nav links up top for the shortcut. I've also made some minor adjustments to the IC post format. Please review the BBCode.

Finally, all new nations (us) will start with a beginning balance of 25pc. Rule wisely, leaders!

Okay, so you said that each day was a year right? I also forget how often you said you update the single Nation issues.

Okay, so you said that each day was a year right? I also forget how often you said you update the single Nation issues.

No. There are no timelines or anything like that. Years and dates don't have much weight in this RP. How much time passes between your responses and their respective consequences is up to you, so long as you delay posting the consequences until 00:00 UTC, the following day.

I also didn't give a specific time table for how often I add new issues. I'll update them whenever I can get around to it, but anyone is always welcome to suggest issues they'd like to see in the game.

Well I'm interested in some kind of diplomatic ties with other people in PoliticonAfrica - I think I saw one or two when flicking through the nation files earlier?

Political friendships such as alliances, treaties, trade pacts, blocs, etc are actually encouraged. Just remember that you don't have to let the other nations influence your own too much. Single Nations allows you to govern as a solo player without having to worry about keeping track of the international community and what every other player is doing. That said, if you want to allude to other player-nations in your IC posts, that's perfectly fine.

To establish a partnership (or even rivalry) with another nation, you can update your Moments in History section of your Nation File, or bring it up briefly in your next IC Updates section.

When we get around to the WC thread, you'll be able to role play as an ambassador of your nation to bring those friendships and relations with other nations to life.

Hey there. I've found myself interested in the RP, I just have a quick question. Most of the nations in the files seem newly created. Can we take control of an existing nation or should we create a new, fictional country?

Hey there. I've found myself interested in the RP, I just have a quick question. Most of the nations in the files seem newly created. Can we take control of an existing nation or should we create a new, fictional country?
I'm fine with you controlling an existing, real-world nation, yes.

Yeah, six. Personally I now gotta wait until Sunday (at least) in order to post since the only thing I can react to as of right now (passing on to the next day) is the bit about whether or not to require the recitation of nationalistic ritual. Still debating how my particular country would respond to it. I do have fallout from my current stuff planned out a bit though.

Yep, I have fallout and the Patriotism one lined up today... and then a few days before I can do anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back