• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 〘POLARIS.〙〣 Samrasa of the Darksteel

Cresion Breezes

Beta Tester of Life

• Somewhere, sometime, upon a world where we must live in perpetual daybreak……

Nobody knows what happened to The Planet, nobody knows its name, or who built the 600 kilometer thick artificial shell upon its surface, or why the climate control system failed 700 years ago. All we can do now is survive, upon this mechanical crust, chasing the night.

Aq2i9WR.png

November 30th Update: Recruitment Over.
    〘POLARIS.〙is a Nihei-style inspired sci-fi RP about a mysterious planet with a giant structure known as "The Shell" surrounding it. Humans on the surface live on large mobile fortresses or underground pockets of habitability, trying to evade many lethal things such as the cold, heat, lack of air, and inexplicably hostile automatons. Humanity excavate The Shell for relics - technology that is beyond the surface people's comprehension, in order to better their survival.

Certain relics known as "Apotheosis Grade Relics (A Grade Relics)" or "God Programs" may even grant people special abilities...although for a price. Players will have access to these powers, with the main arcs of the RP being about completing missions in order to protect what little life remains in an artificial wasteland, engaging in social discourse in the remains of human society, and slowly uncovering more about the truth behind the state of the world.

Important Notes:
    - Due to this being a mid-RP recruitment the number of spots will be fairly limited, it will not be first come first serve. I am looking for getting 2-3 long-term players max, hence I will be more choosy about acceptance if there is too much interest.
    - This is NOT a combat-focused RP. It is a story about being superhuman physically while still being psychologically vulnerable, most plots will be focusing on moral and philosophical dilemmas and difficult in-universe choices with "no correct choice" rather than combat. There will be combat elements but they are not the main focus.
    - There is rather extensive and unusual lore that does not conform to most sci-fi tropes, I fully understand the frustration of not knowing every single thing about an unusual setting but I will try my best to provide all information on a need-to-know basis.

Last edited:
Love how you incorporated the habitable zones between hot and cold! I'm intrigued!

Seeing as there is an amount of interest I might actually run the RP. Discord is going to be used for OoC so please drop by if you're interested, will get the character sheet thread up once a good amount of people join.

I should warn anyone who's coming by to look at this RP: I'm in it and it's awesome, but it may be too awesome for you to handle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back