• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

School for the Exceedingly Gifted

School for the Exceedingly Gifted. That was the name of the school where anything might be possible. The school where a variety of teens came to spend their teenage years, because really it was much too dangerous elsewhere. For themselves, and for others. Adding in powers that normal people didn’t have, along with the raging hormones of puberty, and it was a dangerous combination. This school was the best place for them, where could be supervised by teachers who also had grown up with the special abilities.

Roan shifted a little in his chair, tuning out in his class as he looked out the window. He sat in the same seat in every class. Second row, on the far side against the windows. He watched some snow drift down from the sky. It had started with a few flakes, which had turned into some heavy flurries. It was the first day of snow. This was definitely not his favorite weather. He didn’t like to be cold, at all.

He sighed, the bell ringing, signaling an end to the day. He stood, stretching his tall body upward. Then he slid his books off of the table into his arms, heading out the door. He did not look forward to the next several months of his least favorite weather. But at least Christmas break would be coming up soon. He looked forward to going to see his family.

He made his way, on menial autopilot, to the rather large library almost in the middle of the school, which had been converted from a rather large mansion. The nice thing about the library was the large fireplace in the center of it, radiating warmth. There were some grates on it though, to keep misbehaving students from tossing books into it.

He took his usual spot next to the fireplace, pulling out his school books. He had to really start studying, or else he wouldn’t get his A in AP Bio. Which means he’d have to take it again next term. He’d taken enough classes over because he’d slacked on them.

@elbowroom

Last edited by a moderator:
Luna sat in her usual spot in the library by the window, drawing in her notebook - invisible (and her notebook too, just by the nature of touching it while she used her powers). It was a habit to use her powers on a daily basis, even if it sometimes made her more tired come evening - mostly to hide away from the gaggles of girls in her class who would tease her for her scar, or the boys who liked to invade her space. She was known for being different, too quiet. And some people knew who her parents were, which made it all worse - they assumed she thought too highly of herself or was exactly like them, which was the last thing she wanted to here. So here she sat, invisible - even if it was draining - just so she could avoid all that.

Luna recognized Roan as he sat by the fireplace - she'd never talked to him, she didn't really know what to think of him - but none of the boys in their class weren't too fun to be around, so she avoided him like all the rest. It had been a while since she thought that maybe not everyone around here wasn't too bad, she'd forgotten that feeling a while ago, especially when people would whisper about her wherever she'd go.

Whack!

Just as she began to focus back on her doodling, something solid and large slammed into her face, sending her off the bench and breaking the invisibility's bound on her - sprawled onto the floor her head was pounding, and she could begin to feel blood pooling onto her lip from her nose.

"Thought I saw you there, Asturias!"

It was Nevin, the last person she wanted to see. Bulky with mousy brown hair, Nevin towered above her, grinning. His speciality being x-ray vision beyond the fact he was a speedster, would be the bane of her existence.

She felt the blood stick to her hands as she covered her nose.

"Stop trying to hide," He smirked, "You're probably a murderer just like your parents - you can't hide from justice."

"I didn't think you were the kind for cheesy lines like that, Nevin," She finally piped up, bringing her hands away from her face and letting the blood pool down.

"Whatever, Asturias," Nevin laughed, walking away.

@Arasaloe

Roan was just starting to concentrate on the chapter of his book about cell reproduction, and then there was some sort of commotion. His eyes lifted and he frowned, watching the two a moment. He didn't see the hit, but he watched the exchange. Ah. Nevin...

Not only was the boy a bully, but there was something about him that caused Roan's gut to violently twist. He stayed as far away from the young man as possible, since his instinct is hardly ever wrong (not to say never, but very rarely).

It wasn’t like he really knew who the girl was, but the conflict seriously pissed him off. His mother taught him that you just don’t hit women. And as far as he could tell, she was just minding her business and the kid walked up and hit her. He sighed, closing his book and standing up.

“What the fucking shit, Nevin?” He asked, looking after the kid.

"Dude, relax," Nevin held his hands up, "She's a freak. She deserved it."

Luna didn't seem to pay Nevin any mind, standing there, blood gushing out of her nose. She was surprised Roan didn't know better than to leave it be - everyone else seemed to do that, even if she could tell they might want to. Nevin was a big guy, and scary, hopped up on his father's crimefighting, superhero fame. He didn't tolerate Luna specifically because she was the daughter of two of his father's enemies, and he was too stupid to realize Luna was a product of her environment, just not in the typical, easy way. She had come to realize pretty quickly that Nevin didn't look beyond easy.

Nevin turned back to Luna, wearing a disgusting grin, "Didn't know you had anyone, Asturias - your parents locked up and all. Is he your boyfriends? Can't believe I just found out."

Luna narrowed her eyes but didn't say anything - Nevin wasn't worth responding to.

@Arasaloe

Roan's cheek muscle twitched and he stared at Nevin. The thought occurred to him, ever so briefly, of scorching him, right there, right then. All it would take was one little push. He had to rein that kind of thought in, and quickly. He'd be expelled, and there would be other consequences, as well.

"Get your ass out of here, Nevin, before I kick it out." Roan spat, eyes narrowing at the boy. But then he had to go and keep running his mouth. Maybe it was the speed part of him; maybe he couldn't physically stop the words before they came pouring out of his mouth. But that's what they were here at this school for- to learn some control.

Before he knew it, Roan was in next to the boy, throwing a punch at his smirky little face. The bully was allowed to be a bully because everyone knew who his parents were. But that didn't give him any sort of standing with the pyrokinetic. If anything, that should have given him more manners.

@elbowroom

Nevin took the punch, his head flying backwards - and suddenly there was blood gushing out of his nose. Roan had given him the same treatment he'd dealt Luna

"You got some nerve," Nevin spat between the blood pooling down his face. He glanced around the small group of students in the library that had gathered to watch, "Watch your back Upland - you never know what might sneak up on you. Later, Asturias."

Nevin sent a sharp glare to the the students surrounding the trio and they seemed to scatter instantly, the bully stomping off, his hands covering his hands covering his nose.

Luna watched him go, and as he disappeared through the bookstacks, her eyes trailed back to Roan. She glanced down at her uniform shirt, now covered in blood. However, the blood has ceased to come out of her nose, yet the trail of where it had come from remained on her face. She turned to leave as well, and hoped that she wouldn't encounter anybody in the bathroom.

@Arasaloe

That had felt rather satisfying. Roan sighed lightly, moving to rub his now bruised knuckles. Nevin had a thick face, the bastard…

“Hey, you okay?” He asked, turning to look at Luna. He hesitated, watching her turning to leave, before moving over to her. “Does he do that a lot to you?” Damn, that looked like a lot of blood. “Do you need to go to the nurse’s station?” He paused. "Give me a second to get my things, and I'll go with you."

Luna got the same look on her face that she had before - narrowed eyes, the unspoken Really? hanging in the air.

"I'm fine," She finally muttered, looking him dead in the eyes, "I can handle him just fine, thanks."

@Arasaloe

Woah. Roan had to refrain from taking a step back under that gaze. He put his hands up in surrender. "I'm sure you could. I just really can't stand him thinking he can get away with shit like that." He said, shrugging a little. "He also had interrupted my studies. So. He had it coming."

@elbowroom

"Okay," Luna was unimpressed, "Whatever. Also, I'm pretty sure people around here can get away with a lot, particularly people like Nevin."

She was slightly taken aback Roan - people didn't usually talk to her unless they wanted to make fun of her scar, or give her shit about her parents. This was new, but she kept pushing it away because no one usually cared in the end.

@Arasaloe

"..." He looked at her a moment, not sure what to say to that. Granted, it was true. "So, you don't need to go to the nurse's office?" He asked, rubbing his aching hand as he changed the subject.

In the back of his mind, he was irritated that she wouldn't accept his help, but at the same time, if that was the kind of welcome that she got a lot, he guessed he could understand.

@elbowroom

"No," Luna said, point blank. Why wouldn't he just leave her alone?! It would be miles easier.

Just as she was about to turn away, blood started gushing out of her nose again, and as she brought her hands up to cover it, it spilled all over her hands. Great.

@Arasaloe

Roan was about to turn and walk away, until he saw the spray of red out of her nose and onto her hands. He made a noise of alarm. "For God's sake, tilt your head back." He said, moving to touch her chin to push her head back.

"Come on. We're going to the nurses station, and I'm not taking no for an answer." He said, moving to gather what looked to be her things. "Pinch the bridge of your nose. And do not tilt your head back down until it stops."

@elbowroom

Luna jerked away at his touch, startled. "Don't touch me," She brushed her hands against the scar on her jawline, and tilted her head back slightly. She was somewhat calm considering what had just happened.

"Whatever you do," She turned away, in direction of the nurses station, "Don't do that."

@Arasaloe

"Sorry." He said, although he really wasn't. He moved away to get his own backpack, sliding it on his back and holding her things. "Alright. So..." He couldn't touch her to lead her.

"If you bump into things, that's on you." He said after a moment, starting out of the library and down the hall.

@elbowroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back