• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokétopia Zoo: Now Hiring! (Open)

RoleplayAllDay

Hello friendly faces! My name is Rebecca and I’m looking for folks to join me in quite a unique and ambitious RP idea. Before going in to detail, I’m interested in GM’ing (meaning I won’t have a set character but instead play the world around you) a Pokemon RP that can be described as a mix between a Group RP and an 1x1 RP, preferaby all on Discord. Sounds intrigueing enough? Awesome! Then please continue for the details!

Because I suck at making things look nice on here, I’ve decided to seperate the three major sections into these rough spoiler boxes in order to keep things somewhat organized. I promise our Discord will look at lot nicer than this however, I have many fun things planned! 😅

Are you a true adventurer? Enthralled with Pokémon and eager to see the world? Do you have a passion for exploring and hunger for adventure? Then we want you! My name is Nicki Stockport, owner and CEO of Pokétopia Zoo, the all-new tourist attraction located on the lone Plessia Island. Ever since I was a little girl, it has been my dream to start and manage a place for people to learn and watch Pokémon as if they saw them in the wild and after years of development and millions of Pokédollars, that dream is a reality!

Well... Almost a reality. Because you see, currently Pokétopia Zoo’s buildings, enclosures and exhibits are complete. What is missing are the Pokémon. And for that, I need you. Supplied with Zoo Balls, we want to hire you to travel the Pokémon World for us to capture Pokémon, find rare artifacts and more! Together with your collegues, you will fill up the Pokétopia Zoo and aim to make it the number one tourist attraction in the Pokémon World!

Now to step out of the in-universe language for a bit more detailed explanation on what I have in mind:

Alright, so, as explained, your job in this RP is to go out on adventures and bring back Pokémon and other interesting items for the Zoo. This means that this RP is essentially a Group RP and a 1x1 RP at the same time. After all, the expeditions are done on either 1x1 (you and me as GM, on a private channel so what you do remains a secret for the others) or smaller group channels. However, you still all work together to make the best out of the Zoo, which truely is a group project. Essentially, you can consider this a Group RP that really embraces and encourages individual freedom, which is something I think is really exciting!

Adding another dimension to this RP is that, for you as a Trainer, it’s more important for you to train and capture Pokemon that can help you during your expeditions than Pokemon that are strong. Water Pokémon to explore underwater caverns, Fire Pokemon to light up dark caves or Flying Pokémon to get a bird’s eye view... The options for your personal Pokémon to help you are endless.

And finally, we have the RP’s guidelines and rules:

> All RPNation rules apply

> Because the whole ‘both Group RP and 1x1 RP’ style can become quite a mess with too many people, I have decided to limit the amount of players to 3 (me not included). The spots will NOT be filled with first come, first serve, as I want to make sure to pick the best-fitting people, not the people who messaged me first. Of course I won’t wait forever either though, we’re definetely starting when I feel people have had a chance to read this (Which also depends on how many people show interest)

> I am quite an active RP’er and I hope to find others that are as well. Especially in a group RP, consistent activity is quite important. Fortunately, the way the RP is set up allows you to drop it quite easily (the Zoo will live on after all!), so if you feel you can no longer be active, please let me know!

> I aim to play on Discord, as that is my place of preference. However, if it turns out RPNation works better for the rest of the group, that’s also a possibility.

> Writing Style: I prefer quality over quantity myself, so there’s no word minimum or something. If you feel you have said everything you want to say, you’re done in my book.

> Battles will follow Anime rules, so freeform, not turn based. There will be no stats or calculations. If everyone prefers dice rolls, they may be included, but they’re not by default. Pokémon do not have levels and there’s no 4 Moves limits.

> Everyone is allowed one character only, OCs only. Your character is only allowed to start with one Pokémon as their Partner, which must be a base (so not evolved) Pokémon.

> My door is always open if you problems, questions, issues, whatever. Feel free to contact me for anything!

Interested? Send me a PM and I’ll make sure to lead you through the hiring process of Pokétopia Zoo!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back