• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom PokéRush 1•2•3!

Characters
Here
Other
Here

Blu

ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Poke-Rush-Logo-Large.png

OP: Just do it ~ ASH DA HERO

ED: Kidzuite Hoshi ~ UNFAIR RULE

Last edited:
Poke-Rush-Icon-Olly.png
"Rush is a sport built on trust. To be able to look to your teammate and know that they are thinking the same thing as you are: 'I'll do my part so please put your faith in me.' Once you have that, you'll feel like you can do anything. There is an inherent rhythm to the game. One, two, three. The Conductor sets the flow of the attack. The Forward clears the path for the team. And the Rusher creates an opportunity to score. Three, two, one..." Olly, in uniform, dashes along a brightly lit Rush field with ball in hand. All that surrounds him is pure darkness. The heat of his breath, the fervor of his body; the clear focus in his eyes. The desperation of his fight. "If I can run just a bit faster. If I could just use that one correct move at the right time. Even despite the sweat on my palm, if I can just keep my grip on the ball. I'd..."

Olly's eyes widened with fear as his feet comes to a halt, kicking up dust as he does so. In front of him are towering shadowy figures. The darkness that surrounds him encroaches; its tendrils dancing at the edge of the light. When all hope seems lost, a brilliant luminance comes shining from behind; banishing that fearsome shadow. Olly looks back and sees five figures obscured by the light. A smile appears on his face. "That's right..." With newfound courage, he rushes forward. "Rush is a sport built on trust. If they have faith in me like I do in them, then we'll..." "We'll-" "We'll-" "We'll-" "We'll-" "We'll-" Past the Goal Point, Olly—with all the strength he can muster—tosses the ball toward the suspended goal.

Score!
_______________​

A red and black gym bag full of clothes and other personal belongings comes into view along with the sound of heavy panting. "W- We made it... And we're early..." Olly, sweating and disheveled, stands in front of the Crimson Caits' gymnasium. Today is the long awaited day for the team's tryouts. Advertised as 'rising from the flames of defeat comes the new generation of the Caits,' their mascot of a battling Torracat proudly stands at the center of the banner splayed above the doors of the gym. A symbol of the team's defiant spirit.

Olly raises his fist to his blushing face; his expression: enamored. "Soooo cooool!" His lifelong partner, Squirtle, pulls at his leg. "Squirtle!" It says with a cool and calming smile. Olly nods in acknowledgement. "We won't be rejected today. We'll make the team, and finally get to play on an official field." He turns his head forward and closes his eyes, exhaling as he does so. "It's all about positive visualization. Imagine the person you want to be, and become them!" In his mind, Olly sees himself getting ready to receive the ball but suddenly his pants fall down, revealing his underwear. No doubt an embarrassing sight.

"No, wait a minute! That's the complete opposite of positive visualization!" Olly is visibly panicked. "Squirtle..." It sighs, having a complete understanding of Olly's mindset. But Olly is quick to shake the bad vibes off and centers himself. "Okay, here we go..." Inside, the double doors slowly open, allowing the bright light of a beautiful Spring day to enter the gym. And in comes Olly and Squirtle leaping, ready to take on the world. "AM I THE FIRST ONE HEREEEE?!" He sure is loud...

Last edited:
Tana Frelia
"Ehhh? I thought it was over here." Map in hand, Tana had realized something after she took several corners. She was bad at directions. Looking closely at the map again, she scrunched up her face before giving a sigh. "Despite being here for a couple of years, I can never get use to finding my way around." Though Tana wasn't as hopeless when compared to several years ago. Looking around, she finally found the gymnasium, she was supposed to head into.

"It's a good thing that I left home three hours ago," Tana said as she gave a fist pump for herself. If this was several years ago, she would be several hours late. Had it already been that long? It felt oddly nostalgic to Tana, she played Rush this much. 'Though this is my final year.' She felt no particular feeling when that thought came in. PokeRush was just a game to her. She didn't have the passion that others had for the sport, so seeing others become so energetic mystified her. Others would have probably cried, but Tana wouldn't. She knew what she was going to do after her career was over.

"The Crimson Caits..." It was oddly fitting that this would be most likely be her final team for the season. A losing player in a losing team. Tana already had a low opinion of the group. A few of her teams such as the Far-Fetch and Win-Pod effortlessly defeated the Crimson Caits without rotating her onto the field. This year would probably be the same as the rest of the years.

"There's someone already here." A mop of orange hair stood in front of the Crimson Cait's gymansium along with a Squirtle. He was acting rather odd. Could he possible have an anxiety disorder? That would prove quite detrimental in a PokeRush game. And a Squirtle was an odd choice. It wasn't because the Squirtle Line was bad or anything, but it was still in its child stage. A PokeRush player would usually train their Pokemon to their second stage before using them in Rush. And Tana hadn't seen the kid before. Perhaps, she would recognize them if she saw his face, but she was good at recognizing people.

Walking up behind the orange hair kid, she spoke up, "Hey are you o-"

Only to be interrupted by the sheer vocal range of the kid. Okay, well at least he didn't have an anxiety disorder. "...Are you okay?" Tana spoke up again. "This is the Crimson Caits building, you can wait inside if you want."

Blu Blu

Last edited:
Poke-Rush-Icon-Emmett.png Emmett blinked, clearing the sweat from his eyes, before putting his glasses back and proudly trudging along the paths of Crimson City with the trunk on his back. Yes, while he knew many would be carrying backpacks or satchels or maybe even fun accessories, he had a number of Trinketmon and very few Pokeballs to put them in. He knew that in the heat of the match they'd be cooperative, but with their lovable faces and the odd shortage of Pokeballs back home, he had to carry them all the way here. Emmett sincerely hoped that Crimson City would have some in stock, or even better, the trainers at tryouts.

As the sliver of the building came into view, Emmett sighed, already sweating.
"Hope this won't affect our performance..."

From a distance, Emmett halted to catch his breath. Adjusting his glasses again, he saw some movement from the outside of the large doors, entering. Shoot, was he already late? He knew he'd have to leave early since he wasn't used to the streets of Crimson. Walking into a light job, he made his way up and over, slowing down to the examine the banner, the Torracat almost glowing with pride (not to mention the bright background). Stopping before the opening, taking a deep breath, Emmett stepped inside.

Huh. It looked like there were only two others here, both with exciting hair colors Emmett wasn't used to. A bright younger-looking kid with the hair to match his louder personality (and his bandana-ed Squirtle), a more mellow girl with longer hair who seemed to be trying to talk to him.

"Oh, hey guys. Are you also here for tryouts?"

Deacon Slite
Position: RS

5'8/110 lbs
Team: Dewford Wingulls Unaffiliated

Rushing through the bushes and small shrubbery just off the well beaten Route, Deacon dodged past a sunken shrub, his black and orange cleats kicking up dirt and grass as it's bare branches reached out like bony fingers to stop him. All around him, he could hear the cheers of a phantom crowd as he marched onwards towards that ghostly Goal Point. With a steely look in his eyes, the purple haired youth pushed onwards his grip firm on the red and white ball he held to his breast as he suddenly stopped, skidding his heels backwards, as he narrowly dodged a small hole. Twisting around Deacon shielded the ball, as he swept to the right, doggedly continuing on through the tree line as entered the Tall Grass.

Up to his knees the going was tougher, and with a quick look over his shoulder, Deacon could see the long blades rustling behind him, his pursuer close behind. Unwilling to give up his prize, Deacon brushed past a tremendous tree and dove for the dirt path of the Route. With wide eyes, Deacon held the ball tight as he flew through the air, only to fall short of his goal.

Landing face first into the last of the Tall Grass, Deacon disappeared from sight as the ball he had so cherishingly coveted rolled out into the path, unprotected and unguarded. Moving towards the center of the well trodden walkway, the ball tilted on it's axis a few times before stopping. Deacons face would surely have dropped, as the invisible onlookers voiced their woes, but he was already up on his feet. "Switch! Gyro Ball!" he shouted, shrilled.

Without warning, the enormous eyes of Voltorb opened, the ball Pokemon breaking out into a spin as she activated her move, covering Deacon as he left the Tall Grass and ran wide, ball still gripped firmly in hands. In a torrent of grit and stone, the Ball Pokemon took after him as he ran down the Route.

With a self indulgent chuckle, Deacon wiped the sweat from his brow with the sleeve of his black tee. "Good going out there" he grated, placing his PokeRush ball down by his Bag, Switch coming to a halt next to it. Searching through it, Deacon eyed the clock of his Pokegear, the time steadily ticking onwards on the purple gadget.

It was about time I was getting on to the Tryouts he thought to himself

Packing up his things Deacon grabbed at a loose piece of paper, unable to stop his gaze from falling on to the words on the paper.

REBELLIOUS. UNSPORTSMANLIKE. SUSPENSION.

Squatting down near his bag, Deacon let out a contemptuous sigh, his face visible twisting as the stony concentration of practice metamorphized into callous disdain. Stuffing the letter into his bag, Deacon heaved the thing on to his shoulder before leisurely dallying towards Crimson City.

These Crimson Caits could easily afford to wait for him to show. Relegated and forgotten, they needed his talent desperately but could Deacon really afford to gain another bad reputation...

[/font]

Last edited:
PokeRushIcon_Reiko.png
From the doors of the entrance, a Hakamo-o jogged into the gymnasium, scales jangling with every step. Not far behind that, Reiko was chasing after it in an attempt to keep up. "Kankan!" They cried after the rambunctious Pokémon. "It's not like we're late or anything! Relax!" The one fortunate thing they could count on was that Kankan wasn't the most excitable thing near the Caits' gymnasium. No, that title went to the guy who was previously screaming his head off by the entrance.

To be expected, one supposed; these tryouts signified a change of the guard, an opportunity for the Caits to rise out of the ashes of their burnt reputation. Reiko wanted to be a part of this rise, wanted to help bring the Caits into the spotlight again...mostly for the sake of their father. How outstanding would it be, after all, if you were to switch on the tv and your child was on the field, aiding the Rusher in getting the ball down to the field?

Well, depending on how they performed in these tryouts, that hypothetical might become something real. Reiko had to crush these. But first, they had to catch their Pokémon!

The Hakamo-o came up to the bandana-wearing Squirtle first. By the time Reiko came in the door, she was shaking the scales on her arms at the Squirtle in a greeting that seemed a lot more like an intimidation tactic. Deciding that was harmless enough, they decided to start chatting it up with the other four people there for tryouts. "Uh, hey! Don't mind Kankan too much. This is where tryouts are happening, right?"

Last edited:
d2n4hgl-75f97c05-b04f-49e2-9d93-df3e840da691.jpg

The ferocious, deafening roar of a charizard echoed from within the Crimson Caits’ gymnasium. A pair of young trainers turned their attention to the door as an orange headed boy bounded in. Alexander eyed the boy with a raised brow and a soft chuckle at his enthusiasm, finding it infectious. Up until that moment it hadn’t really hit Alex, but here he was. Trying out for a new rush team, one so much different than his old team back home. New players, new challenges, and no more Vincent. How exciting.

His focus then shifted to the squirtle at the boy's side, and he beamed with excitement. Al was always thrilled to meet a new water pokémon, especially one as cute as this squirtle. He really hoped that this boy and his adorable turtle would make the team, mostly so he could fawn over his pokémon.

“Not quite, but I love the energy kid” the woman at Alex's side greeted the loud boy, placing a hand on the snout of her charizard to calm her. The kid sure had a set of pipes on him. Her long purple hair bounced a bit as Olivia hopped onto her tippy toes to get a good look past the boy, eyeing the assortment of other trainers arriving behind him. “You all must have shown up for the tryouts too! Take good care of my baby brother here, please!” she announced with a grin, slinging an arm around the shoulders of a very embarrassed Alex. “Come on, introduce yourself!”

The blunette bashfully glanced at the others, standing up a bit straighter in an attempt to gain back some dignity. Clearing his throat, he raised a hand in a simple greeting. “Hey, I’m Alexander. Alexander Suber. My dad’s Lucas Suber- but I prefer playing Middle Vanguard to Conductor, so that’s…” he trailed off, eyes shooting helplessly to his sister and cursing her for putting him on the spot like that. Most of them weren’t even through the doors of the building yet and already she was trying to draw everyone's attention their way. Sometimes his sister seemed to forget that not everyone wanted to be the center of attention.

Olivia only laughed under her brother's accusatory gaze and released him from her grasp. “Okay okay, I’ll leave all you future rush superstars to mingle” she relented, returning her charizard to it’s pokéball and backing towards the exit. “good luck Allie, do us proud!” she added on her way out the doors and past the gathered trainers.

“Liv…” he grumbled, rolling his eyes as his face turned a faint shade of pink. He had asked her not to call him ‘Allie’ in front of other people too many times to count. Leave it to his sister to embarrass him in front of his teammates before he even made the team.

Mentions- Blu Blu Misuteeku Misuteeku Squad141 Squad141 Twist Twist Admiral19 Admiral19

Last edited:
Poke-Rush-Icon-Olly.png
Of course, just when Olly thinks he's unbeatable when it comes to his initiative taking, someone does, in fact, beat him. The bellowing call of a Charizard nearly knocks him on his butt as he looks in front of him and sees the titular pokémon alongside two trainers. "Uh-" He welps in a meager attempt to respond but his voice is quick to fizzle out.

"This is the Crimson Caits' building. You can wait inside if you want."

Olly, turns around a sees a girl a bit older than he is. His face seems drained of all life, liked he'd been attacked by a ghost pokémon. "Yeah... You're right. I'm just standing in the doorway like an idiot, aren't I...?" He looks so defeated, it's actually pitiable. All Squirtle could do is palmed its face from secondhand embarrassment. Soon, others begin to arrive; most checking to see if this is the place for the Caits' tryouts. Olly looks to the young man with dark hair and glasses, and nods. "I am. It's nice to meet you guys." One person's Hakamo-o approached Squirtle and performed an impressive display of scale shaking.

While it may've looked intimidating, their trainer simply tells everyone not to mind it. Squirtle sees through it, however, and concludes that it's just Hakamo-o's way of greeting it. "Squirtle!" A confident cry is followed by a headbutt to one of Hakamo-o's arm scales. It's firm but not meant to cause any injury, as if it's saying, "Yeah, nice to meet you too!"

Olly puts on a nervous smile and looks at Hakamo-o's trainer. "I think they're making friends already." He scratches his cheek with his finger.

When Alexander introduced himself to everyone, Olly cups his chin trying to remember where he'd heard that family name before. "Suber... Suber... I know I heard your name somewhere before." Olly thinks aloud.

"It's the name that made the Bluebonnets world champions." An impressively-sized man in a dress shirt and tie approaches the group; followed from behind by a flaxen-haired young lady. Olly's eyes widens with awe as he turns his head towards Alexander. "World champions..." He murmurs.

"You guys certainly came to the right place. I'm Lang, the coach of the Caits after Old Man Katakawa retired. And over here is Renon: your team manager. She's a university student taking some time off to volunteer here."

"Hi everyone. If you ever need something, I'm your gal." Renon gives everyone the sweetest smile and makes a peace sign with her fingers.

Inside, everyone is lined up to await further instruction from their potential coach. "Well, you've officially met Alexander. The rest of you go ahead and introduce yourselves."

Wasting no time, Olly raises his hand in a bid to speak first. "I-I'm Oliver Ness! Olly, if you would! L-Let's go to the world championships!" Olly feels like an arrow suddenly strikes his back. "Urk- Was that too much?! Me and my big mouth!"

Renon chuckles in appreciation. "You're certainly an eager one, Olly."

"Having a goal to aim for is never a bad thing. But let's learn to walk before we run, okay?"

"Y-Yes, sir! Oh man, he's so calm and cool, unlike me!"

On Deacon's path, he eventually comes upon a Litten cozying up against a tree. The Litten opens its bright yellow eyes and notices the young man. "Mraow..." Its voice makes it sound like it's chastising the young man for being late to something important. Without awaiting a reply, the Litten arches up and then scampers off toward the direction of what seems to be the Caits' gym.

Last edited:
1662384424430.png
"I take you out to relax, and you do this." Wedged between the bars of a metal ceiling beam above the bleachers, a chubby Grubbin dangled overhead, its trainer gazing from below. A joyous Froslass danced circles underneath what she believed to be a lovely decoration, chanting its name in a dreary chorus.

"Don't... Don't dance. You're in trouble. Common Araquanid!" Concerned but optimistic, in two motions, a foot was placed steadily on Araquanids back, and the other propped on the wall. The scene was more reminiscent of a balancing act than a daring rescue. As Araquanid inched up the bleachers, Kaipo stood with her arms splayed up towards the ceiling. "Grubby, jump into my hands! I promise we'll catch you!"

Kaipo snapped a finger, driving the culprit's attention from the display. "Help me get this little ornament down, please?" Froslass' smile faded to a glare till she caught a glint of urgency in her trainer's eyes. Begrudgingly Froslass floated up, past Araquanid, Kaipo, then higher until she reached Grubby. She wiggled and pulled but the Grubbin could barely flex its pincers.

When Grubby was about to accept her fate, and Kaipo remembered her Pokeball, a thunderous cry reverberated across the gym. Grubby screeched and squirmed, beckoning Froslass to try again, and with one last tug, she flew out like a cork from a bottle. Smack dab onto Kaipo's head. Flailing about her vision, BAM! The whole stack crumbled.

She lay triumphant on a pile of dizzy Pokemon. Except for some light scrapes, the team was unscathed and victorious. As Kaipo pried Grubby off her face, she realized that that loud sound was from the duo's Charizard on the other side of the gym. And to its side, a group of newcomers crowded the gym doors. "Oh. Hello people!" Indifferent to the whole 'Pokemon Jenga' situation, she scrambled to her feet, dusted off her clothes and waved.

Arms crossed behind her back; Kaipo lined up with a wide stance. Her Pokemon followed close, row-ing up in order of height after her. She held a hollow expression before she heard the word 'championship' mentioned to her right. Her eyes fell on a bright-eyed kid. Recalled being the liveliest of the group, Kaipo gave him a placid smile. "I gotta agree, coach. The world championships sound pretty gnarly. My name is Kaipo Sall, and I come from the Alolan islands."

Tana Frelia
Poor kid. Tana had to withhold a laugh escaping from her whips when the orange-haired got frightened only by a Charizard. It showed his inexperience, which Tana found to be slightly cute. Though once he insulted himself, Tana frowned, "Now don't you say that. It's your first time, isn't it? You shouldn't be too hard on yourself." However, her reassurance was cut short once more people came. Turning over towards the bespectacled boy, she nodded her head in greetings. "Yes, for the Crimson Caits, right?" The same response was shared with the next person that came up as well.

Though what surprised her was the person inside the gymnasium itself. "Lucas Suber? Oh, you mean-" She was cut short by the appearance of a rather frighteningly bulky man. If she were to guess, he was their coach if she remembered correctly. Coach Lang, if she remembered correctly. The person right next must be their manager. Renon.

What Oliver, the kid with orange hair, said next made Tana a little upset. Did he want to get into the Championship? While pessimistic, Tana found it doubtful they could do so in a season. Coach Lang seemed to agree with her but maintained an optimistic outlook that was infinite steps higher than her thoughts. "Getting into world championships..." Tana muttered to herself. She jumped when something happened in the gymnasium.

And there was one more person she missed. If it weren't for whatever was happening in the back, she wouldn't have noticed him behind Coach Lang. Kaipo from the Alola. A small unpleasant memory surfaced in Tana's memory when Alola was mentioned, but it faded quickly. That traumatic experience should be shelved in its entirety. Though that was relevant to what they were talking about. "It's nice to meet you, Kaipo." Again, nodding in greeting towards the Alolan girl.

Ah, so it was time for introductions. A sense of nervousness washed over Tana, but she cleared her throat. "My name is Tana Frelia. I'll be in your care for the season." Clear and concise, it was something she had rehearsed over the many times she transferred through teams.

Deacon Slite
Position: RS

5'8/110 lbs
Team: Dewford Wingulls Unaffiliated

Deacon strolled merrily through the woods, the alarm on his Pokegear ringing away as he idled, pleading for him to make it to the Tryouts on time. Switch rolled alongside him, looking on with a permanent scowl, her expression a mask for her innermost thoughts. With the trees slowly subsiding, Deacon could guess he was nearing his destination, even more so with the appearance of a Litten, the Crimson Cait's logo. Cosying up against a tree, the black and red Pokémon shifted her eyes in his direction and let out a judgemental meow, before scampering away.

"Ha!" Deacon sniggered, the premise of a cat chastising him seeming quite humorous.

Taking a Pokeball from his belt, Deacon returned Switch to her spherical sanctuary and adjusted his backpack as he took off after the Litten. With a few strides, he was a step behind the Fire Cat Pokemon.

Absently bouncing his Pokeball up in the air, Deacon looked at nothing in particular as he followed the Litten. After barely a minute, the loutish lad eyed the Fire Type with mischievousness, a smile creeping to his lips. With the Pokeball in hand, Deacon feigned trying to catch the Litten, making abrupt noises and cries as he swung his arm in front of him in all manner of swings.

"Wow a Litten! Now I can complete my Pokedex!"

"Time to catch me a new Pokemon!"

"Now's my chance!"

But the Litten never broke stride, paying the Mawile raised mischief maker no mind what so ever, With a huff, Deacon placed the Pokeball back on his belt and crossed his arms behind his head, fairly certain he could hear the slightest snicker from the Fire Cat Pokemon. Deacon smiled at the thought.

"So I'm guessing you're with the Crimson Cait's ey? Their Mascot or something?" asked Deacon, pulling his Pokedex out of his pocket as he tried to break the ice with the Fire Type.

The Litten still didn't reply, seemingly ignoring him but Deacon persisted, undeterred. With a beep boop, Litten's information was scanned, stored and now on display for the young lad "Ah!" said Deacon, reading the entry and giving a knowing nod. "Prefer your own company ey?" he quizzed, stowing his Pokedex as he looked at the Fire Type.

"Yeah I get that. I ain't really a people person myself. Not that it's my choice half the time..." He mumbled the last part under his breath, his eyes dipping downwards.

"Guess that's why your team is where it is right? Having a Litten as a mascot and a symbol probably doesn't help your image. After all PokeRush is 'team sport' right?" Deacon rolled his eyes and scoffed. "All a team's good for is letting you down or getting in your way, right? You can get a lot done by yourself you know. I trained in New Mauwile for a good couple of years by myself, and developed these mad skills of mine...."

Deacon paused, his hands raised in a slight shrug, as his smug expression turned to puzzlement.

What am I doing? Why am I talking to this Litten...?

His brow furrowed as he stared at the Fire Type, it's aloof nature and uninterested demeanour seeming to be a good backdrop for which to vent to...

Was I just about to open up to a random Pokemon? Seriously....?

Taking a moment to think, Deacon decided to kill the conversation, his jaw closing like a Steel Stunfisk as the Crimson Caits gym came into sight....

[/font]

Poke-Rush-Icon-Emmett.pngWorld championships was certainly a lofty goal, but the fiery-headed boy, who went by Oliver, certainly seemed to mean it. In fact, Emmett thought back to some of the customers at their shop. Kids came through all the time, most of them thinking this was a PokeMart or other establishment. The ones who stayed and actually browsed, those few with the heightened energy of battle in their sweat and adventure in their hair, were usually the ones that made it to Victory Road. That was what Oliver reminded him of, and despite the pessimistic feeling that the team would follow the same patterns from the previous years (at least, from what he'd been told), Emmett knew that optimism took a goal quite a long way.

The team so far seemed evenly diverse. Oliver, with hair to match the personality. Kaipo, a girl from the Alolan islands, and another girl named Tana. They seemed sturdy as individuals, but Emmett wondered if any of them could learn to work together, especially himself, having never trained professionally.

"Nice to meet you all. I'm Emmett Amaranth, from a small antique store in Unova. I hope I meet the skill level of everyone else, since I've not really ever trained professionally."

d2n4hgl-75f97c05-b04f-49e2-9d93-df3e840da691.jpg

With a raised brow, Alexander eyed the strange boy with the fiery hair as he tried to remember where he had heard Al’s family name. Alex opened his mouth to answer, tapping the toe of his shoe against the floor as he did, but was beat to the punch by a burly and well-dressed man.

Coach Lang pointed out the Suber’s responsibility for the success of the Bluebonnets, leaving Alex to become flustered under Olly’s awed gaze. His face flushed a gentle pink, scratching lightly at his cheek. The boy could never get used to the attention that came with the Suber family name, he only wished it was he himself that earned such reactions rather than his family’s status.

Alongside the coach came Renon, the first person Alex was personally familiar with. They had never met, but his sister Liv knew her from University. It was from Renon that she had found out about the tryouts in the first place.

His sea blue eyes returned to the ever excitable Olly, who introduced himself the gusto Alexander had quickly learned to expect from him. But, to be making declarations about going to the championships before even making the team? Oliver certainly was precocious, or maybe possessing a talent beyond what his age and demeanor would suggest. Either way, Al doubted things would ever be boring with him around.

“Championships sound fun,” Al offered with a soft chuckle, “that’s definitely a high goal to reach for though. I’ll be happy if we can just show up the Bluebonnets”

While proving to his former teammates he could make it away from them and stepping out of the shadow of his father’s team were both important to Alex, truthfully what he looked forward to most in facing the Bluebonnets was wiping the smirk off of Vincent’s smug face.

Alexander’s mind was once again brought to thoughts of his rival as the next applicant introduced herself. He perked up as Kaipo mentioned the Alolan Islands, eyes seeming to gain a sort of shine. A time back, Vincent had returned from a vacation to the islands bragging about some of the amazing water-type pokémon he had seen. At the time Alex had been beyond jealous, having never stepped foot outside of the Kanto region himself.

“You’re from the islands? Do you have a Popplio, or any other Alolan water-types? I would love to see one!” the blunette gushed, practically bouncing over to Kaipo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back