Video Games Pokemon

houseplant

embracing all my scars and imperfections
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Thinking of buying a DS Lite for a trip and sicne I've always wanted to play Pokemon I decided I want to buy it, but I don't know which one to buy first or how to even start the game.. Anyone have advice?

if you're going for DS Lite specifically, not 3DS then you have a choice of Diamond / Pearl / Platinum and Black/White with Black 2 / White 2.
And then you have HeartGold / SoulSilver which are remake of earlier games.
Quite a lot to choose from.

I personally recommend HeartGold / SoulSilver. Because it's a remake of older games and it's a really good remake. Also if you manage to grab an unused copy, there will be a neat little device in the box that will let you take your pokemon with you and earn extra rewards.
You can get either of those games, the story is exactly the same, but the difference is: what kind of pokemon you encounter, since there are version-exclusive pokemon. The idea is to be able to trade pokemon with other proplr and collect the ones you don't have in the version. For this purpose there is online trading system.

This applies to all pokemon games btw. When you see something like Game A / Game B it means they're having the same story but have version-exclusive pokemon that you can not obtain in your version except from trading.

Essentially, if it's your first pokemon game you can pick absolutely any of them. They all follow the same pattern of you (the player) being a pokemon trainer who needs to travel around and catch pokemon while fighting other pokemon trainers for fame and glory XD The plot would be different but the basics will be the same in every single game.

That is, if you're aiming for the main series. Because there are also things like Mystery Dungeon (which is quite a unique thing where you play as a pokemon, but it's sort of AU), Pokemon Ranger etc. They're all different from the main series despite featuring pokemon! But from those I would definitely recommend Mystery Dungeon at some point. They're NOT traditional pokemon games but they're good RPGs!

Also, if you get DS Lite, it has backwards compatibility with Gameboy advance so you can play even older games if you get a GBA cartrige! But I think they're too expensive right now for being collectibles already XD

if you're going for DS Lite specifically, not 3DS then you have a choice of Diamond / Pearl / Platinum and Black/White with Black 2 / White 2.
And then you have HeartGold / SoulSilver which are remake of earlier games.
Quite a lot to choose from.

I personally recommend HeartGold / SoulSilver. Because it's a remake of older games and it's a really good remake. Also if you manage to grab an unused copy, there will be a neat little device in the box that will let you take your pokemon with you and earn extra rewards.
You can get either of those games, the story is exactly the same, but the difference is: what kind of pokemon you encounter, since there are version-exclusive pokemon. The idea is to be able to trade pokemon with other proplr and collect the ones you don't have in the version. For this purpose there is online trading system.

This applies to all pokemon games btw. When you see something like Game A / Game B it means they're having the same story but have version-exclusive pokemon that you can not obtain in your version except from trading.

Essentially, if it's your first pokemon game you can pick absolutely any of them. They all follow the same pattern of you (the player) being a pokemon trainer who needs to travel around and catch pokemon while fighting other pokemon trainers for fame and glory XD The plot would be different but the basics will be the same in every single game.

That is, if you're aiming for the main series. Because there are also things like Mystery Dungeon (which is quite a unique thing where you play as a pokemon, but it's sort of AU), Pokemon Ranger etc. They're all different from the main series despite featuring pokemon! But from those I would definitely recommend Mystery Dungeon at some point. They're NOT traditional pokemon games but they're good RPGs!

Also, if you get DS Lite, it has backwards compatibility with Gameboy advance so you can play even older games if you get a GBA cartrige! But I think they're too expensive right now for being collectibles already XD
Oh! Okay, thank you so much! This has a lot of information I needed.

Oh! Okay, thank you so much! This has a lot of information I needed.
Glad it helped!
Feel free to ask more info if you want to know anything else about the games. I played most of my pokemon games on DS Lite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back