• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Vice and Virtue (Open)

Pokemon: Vice and Virtue
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

A pokemon adventure set in the brand new region of Arkona

AtlannianSpy

Alarmed and Strangerous
International_Pokémon_logo.png

All across this world, people coexist alongside strange and wonderful creatures known as "Pokemon". People partner with pokemon for all kinds of reasons: simple companionship; for assistance with various professions; some people however raise pokemon to battle each other, seeking the pinnacle of strength together with their chosen comrades. In this pursuit of victory some areas are more blessed than others. For example: Famous regions such as Kanto, hoenn and even the humble Alola islands are known as places where many rare and powerful pokemon and where children are surrounded by pokemon from an early age and many grow up to become confident trainers.

Not all regions are so fortunate however. When the island of Arkona was first discovered, far off the coast of Hoenn some eighty years ago, it was initiallly the cause of much excitement: Arkona is a large, crescent shaped island with unusual weather patterns that have formed a wide variety of biomes relatively close together, in addition the island is dotted with the ruins of an ancient civilisation about which little is known. Beccause of Arkona's varied environment and isolation from other regions it was assumed many new pokemon would be discovered there and trainers and pokemon researchers alike flocked to the island in droves.

Alas it was not to be, despite Arkona being scoured thoroughly, only relatively common, weaker pokemon already prevalent in other regions were ever found. No one was willing to travel all the way out to the new island just to add a rattata zubat or starly to their teams. Eventually interest in Arkona from the pokemon community faded and it became a quiet backwater, mostly settled by those who were less interested in pokemon or just wanted to keep them as pets. Arkonans might catch or battle recreationally, but there was never enough support for an official gym circuit or elite four. Arkonans who were serious about becoming trainers tended to migrate to other regions to take their gym challenges there.

But something has changed.

Recently Internet message boards and sociall media have been lit up by reports of rare and powerful pokemon from all over the world being spotted on Arkona. From pseudo legendaries like dratini or bagon and their evolutions to fossil pokemon like kabutops and tyrunt even regional variants like the unique subtypes found in Galar and Alola, suddenly every trainer's dream pokemon can be found on the previously unremarkable island. Excitement reached a fever pitch when an anonymous video purporting to show the legendary pokemon Lugia flying over the island took the internet by storm. Trainers and Pokemon Reasearchers alike are once again flocking to Arkona to explore and exploit this phenomenom.

The Arkonan government is determined not to let this opportunity to compete with the other regions slip by and they have hastily announnced the formation of the first Arkonan gym challenge. Eight powerful trainers from around the world have been recruited to act as gym leaders and trainers who earn all eight badges will be granted access to a tournament to determine the island's first league champion. However to prevent the fledgeling Arkonan league being dominated by outsiders, Arkonan locals are being sponsored to become trainers: anyone above the age of 12 can apply to receive a starter pokemon and some basic resources to give them a leg up on their pokemon journey. You are one such trainer! For years you've been worried that the pokemon world would pass you by but now you have a chance to show them all what you're made of! Perhaps at the end of the season it will be you crowned as Arkona's first champion?

Your journey will not be without risks however, something strange is happening to draw all these pokemon to Arkona and there are rumblings of a mysterious group known only as "Team Paragon" operating in the shadows. These extremists have been recruiting heavily from the trainers flocking to Arkona, espousing an ideaology wherein only strong and worthy trainers are worthy of pokemon, but there true goal and their sinister leader remain shrouded in mystery...

Hello! Welcome to a brand new Pokemon RP set on the all new island of Arkona! This RP is intended to be a very classic pokemon experience, with gym battles, travel, catching pokemon and a villainous team to do battle with. Arkona is a brand new region but you'll have access to all your favorite pokemon. Due to some mysterious happenings that are going on in Arkona, you'll be able to see and catch any pokemon you care to name there, although it doesn't feature any new pokemon of its own, the story is kind of built around this phenomenon so you'll be able to discover why that is during the course of the story.

In terms of mechanics and the like I intend for this to be a largely freeform rp with a few simple mechanics to lend a bit of structure and challenge to our story telling. We'll be keeping track of your pokemon's level and move list to get a sense of their relative strength (they'll be able learn more than four moves at a time though) but by and large you'll do better in battles by being creative and tactical, making use of things such as terrain, positioning and interactions between different moves and so on.

In terms of characters I'm hoping to see a wide variety of personalities and backgrounds, although its important to note that all of our characters will be brand new to pokemon training. If all of this sounds promising then I'll hope to hear from you soon! Below is a short list of rules and expectations that should give an idea of how I like to do things.

What to expect from Pokemon: Vice and Virtue!

• An expansive world to explore and develop! Collaborate with GMs and fellow players to add in new locations, characters and events!

• Utilising a simple, flexible system fight creatively and raise your favorite pokemon to grow stronger and more adaptible!

• Create your own events, missions and plotlines for yourself and other players or join in on those created by other players!

Our expectations and Rules

• The RPN site rules are in effect: This is pretty obvious and everyone should be familiar with them but if you need a refresher Here is the link.

• The GM and any potential Co-Gm's are in charge: That would just be me at present, but it's possible I'll take on more staff in response to the needs of the RP.

• Remain respectful of your fellow RPers: Just be cool to each other, even if you have disagreements or find your personalities don't quite mesh do your best to remain civil. If you can't resolve any disputes to your mutual satisfaction I or another GM will step in.

• Let your voice be Heard: If you're not sure about something or just have a great idea for the RP let us know! We can't do anything about it if it stays in your head. We will eventually have a discord server open to all players for easy communication. You can also post anything like that in the OOC and free to PM me if you would rather speak privately, I'll do my best to stay on top of such correspondence.

• No Godmodding: Broadly speaking godmodding refers to controlling someone else's characters by writing their reactions or confirming attacks on them in your own post. This isn't very fun to deal with for the other person and not conducive to good roleplaying. Don't ever do it to another player without their permission and be careful about doing it to NPC's.

• Do your best in terms post length and quality: We are aiming for detailed with this RP, multiple paragraph responses with good spelling and grammar are ideal. We can be flexible about this to some extent, scenarios and situations just aren't conducive to long posts and sometimes people are tired or busy. The bare minimum is a paragraph or so that's been given a good once over for errors. Detailed responses give your RP partners more to work with and make you more fun to RP alongside so it's to everyone's benefit if we all do our best. If I feel like your responses lacking then I'll reach out and we can have a friendly chat about how to extend and improve your writing.

• Post Regularly or Stay in contact when you cant: We can work out more detailed versions on a case by case basis, but the short version is this: If you don't post when a scene is waiting on you after a week you will be skipped over, after two you will be removed from the RP. We can always make exceptions to this rule for people who talk to us and give us notice when they aren't able to post, but if we don't hear from you that's the end of it.

• Read all the provided material: These are in the linked threads. There's won't be a crazy amount here and you don't have to memorize it or anything, just give it a good once over.

• Oh and most importantly of all...

Have Fun!

I'm glad to hear people are interested! I've set up a discord server here

for folks who are interested, that's a really easy way to reach me and I really like to use them a lot for worldbuilding and plannning and so on.

Howdy folks, quick note: you can find the CS, as well as the mechanics and setting information linked in the thread mark index above the first post. I often forget this but its easy to miss sometimes.

if anybody else is looking to grab an invite tothe discord just go ahead and pm as the link in the thread here has expired

It seems interesting. Have a question about backstory/joke regions? Do they have to be from the eight core series (plus orange islands if counting that) or can they be from fanmade regions/side core regions to bring in diversity to the cast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back