• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Vera Valle

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Blackleaf
-Sylph Team-
AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Standing outside the shower, Mansel sighed as his phone rang, and Dragalge roared, spraying over the top of the shower. Mansel scowled and ducked. Answering, his eyebrow raised.

"Interesting."

Moments later, two grunts were summoned infront of the man in the now near empty warehouse. He sat against a box in sloppily put on coat and suit, staring down the two summoned.

"Fliathri, Verity, I have a mission for you two. Its rather urgent, so I want you to head there instead of helping finish move our base from Cumulo to Laketown. It seems we have a guest in Vera Valle. A certain Dr. Hanzel Ackerman from Sylph co.

Sylph Co has made a masterball before. I want one. Do whatever it takes to convince him to make another. I want you two because you two are rare grunts, violence isn't the first answer to you two. Normally its annoying."

Dragalge gave a death glare between Himiko and Ponzi as his master said 'annoying'.

"Right now it could be perfect. He'll be entering the valley through Cumulus City, and heading up to the Lacuno Observatory to meet with... Professor Joshua. Get him before he gets there, security gets much harder then. "

[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #CDAD00; overflow:hidden; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/474x/e2/e3/a2/e2e3a2cb0e09e6de92d1cd9df45ef839--pikachu-drawing-manga-drawing.jpg'); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(227, 207, 87, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-466px; left:-10px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:25px; color:#fff; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #CDAD00; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=wrapper][div class=scroll]
[div class=textbox]

location: cirriform ruins ;; mood: annoyed/pissed off ;; interactions: [ formerly ] ianthe, laren
As Ianthe and Laren began to respond to her question, the noise grew louder until it was right before them, the water slamming into her and Luc. The two cried out in tandem, pushing them over the bridge and into the deep waters below. Akira bit off a curse before a gulp of water could flood her mouth and cause her to choke. Luc on the other hand was smaller and hadn't been paying attention for the sound of water, most of his attention having been absorbed by the carvings on the wall.

She caught sight of her stunned partner and knew that if they got separated now, the chances of finding him again were slim to none. With that thought, she reached out, grabbing him around the stomach and pulled him to her chest and curled around him moments before they hit the water below with a loud splash!

Akira blinked rapidly, clutching Luc even tighter to her body as the light around him started to fade a little from his shock. Loosening one arm from around the Shinx, she kicked her feet rapidly and used her open arm to tread a path to the surface. Once she broke through a moment later, she hauled Luc up with her as she gasped for air.

She shoved the hood of her jacket back off of her head, the wet fabric clinging to her hair and causing her vision to be blocked. With another swipe of her hand, she shoved her hair aside, allowing her to better see where she was. Cursing loudly, she glanced down at Luc who was starting to move a bit in her arm.

"Luc...?" she asked him, trying to keep the panic out of her voice. If something had happened to him....she didn't know what she'd do. Forcing herself to take a deep breath, she almost missed his whimper as he worked to focus in on her. The sight made her lips twitch in the barest hint of a smile. If he was working to come back to her, then he'd be okay. Now she had to make sure they'd be okay from here.

Seeing as Luc still had a bit of light shining from his fur, Akira could faintly make out the best way to go to reach land. Looking around she frowned at the sound of scuttling. Her brow furrowed as she looked down at Luc before realizing what was going on. Light hadn't been seen in these ruins for who knows how long. The pokemon here were so used to the darkness that even the fading light of Luc's move was sending them scattering in different directions. "Well buddy, at least we shouldn't get attacked in the middle of the water..." she grumbled. "Damn pokemon that shot us down here anyway....those two better take care of that fucker before we make it back cause otherwise I will." she grumbled out her own promise and she began swimming to shore, wanting to get out of this cold water.

"Shiiii..." Luc agreed weakly as the shock of the blast wore off. Akira let out a sigh of relief at his voice.

"Welcome back." she grunted. "Remind me once we get out of here to teach you how to swim. You weigh a lot more than you look." she grumbled.

The Shinx, still curled against her chest let out a bark of laughter as he used flash again without being asked, knowing that his trainer needed the light to get them to safety. He shivered in sync with her as she continued to move.

"Thanks bud..."

[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits @RI.a[/div][div class=overlay]a k i r a[/div][div class=tags] Ganryu Ganryu [/div]

Verity
"So, in general I really prefer to use more positive, inclusive language, I think that can be really empowering as opposed to a more sort of negative tone," Verity said, after waiting for Mansel to finish speaking and delicately adjusting her slim, black blazer. At Verity's feet Ponzi gazed up innocently at the much larger pokemon threatening it and made an innocent sounding, reptilian chirp, which was his preferred method for evading danger over any particular move. You know I think the kind of energy we put out into the world has a lot to do with the kind of success we encounter. So whereas you might say 'annoying' I would prefer maybe...'unique', right?" Verity without warning slung an arm around Fliathri and gestured at herself and him. "Or like...enthusiastic! Adaptable! In any case we won't let you down boss! Obviously you have identified our core competencies as being uniquely suited for this opportunity and I think you're really going to see that decision pay off! One masterball coming right up!"

Verity was ecstatic. It had only been a short time since she'd joined up with Blackleaf and already she was moving up. No offence to anyone staying behind but shifting crates from one vaguely sinister warehouse to another just wasn't her thing, really manual labor in general was something she preferred to delegate. Convincing some old coot to make and then part with an incredibly valuable pokeball was in comparison much more up her alley. Really the only uncertain element here was her partner, despite currently having an arm around him Verity didn't really know Fliathri at all and had only managed to work in his name because Mansel had mentioned it himself, it was kind of a mouthful, the sneasel was pretty cute though.

"Alrighty partner let's get moving!" Verity beamed at Fliathri, leading him towards the exit by the elbow. "I have a couple ideas already but we'll work out the details on the road, do you know how to wear a monocle?"

Ganryu Ganryu

Fliathri Conchobhair
587708 587709

As Fliathri listened to the boss, he had the most pleasant of smiles on his face. It slightly dampered as his darling Himiko was roared at. A little respect goes a long way... and disrespect would go even farther. However, the boss was trusting them. No one had ever trusted him before.

Himiko gave a sweet smile to the Dragalge, and Fliathri immediately grabbed her. "No my sweet queen! Do no murder unto the pokemon that stands in front of you, it hath murdered a police car but not moments ago! I would not see thee hurt!"

It snarled at him... a much better reaction. "Besides! I need thee! We are to swipe a 'masterball' henceforth. Between times thy skills are necessary."

She pouted, and he bowed before Mansel. "We shall retrieve this object for the glory of Blackleaf."

As soon as they were departing, his companion asked him about if he'd ever worn a monocle. He twirled a cane in response, though, it caught on a box as he was being led away by the elbow. "In truth I have tried in the past. But it seems it is not fashionable, and one such as I has other ways to put on the ritz."

He then pulled away, and offered her a hand.. "Wait, prithee, let us do this properly. I am Fliathri Conchobhair. 'tis an honor to meet your acquaintance, Verity was it? And I'm sure my queen here is delighted to work with you as well."

As he talked with Verity, Himiko eyed down Ponzi, looking for any objects on the sandile. A small sack hung over the sneasels back, with one item, an amulet coin, shining from it. She stuck her chin up at him.

Attachments

• 1560281187873.png
    1560281187873.png
    782.8 KB · Views: 0
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif

IANTHE KEKOA

ianthe2.png

Team: Akira, Laren, Ianthe
Interactions: izayoiix izayoiix Aithien Aithien

bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif
bounsweet.gif

Ianthe almost yelped when she saw Akira and Luc get slammed into and she reached out when they went over the bridge and into the water, but the Pokémon had moved so fast that they were thrown with a faster velocity that her hands could barely catch up.

"Luc! Akira!"

Her attention was taken away from them when the combative Pokémon let out a cry at her and Laren. Ianthe could feel Nymph holding on for dear life, and she felt proud, yet horrible that the Pokémon had to go through this. She owed her a bunch of Poffins later--

Wait, was that thing spitting out--

"Hey, no, no no no no no no no!! Do not get my hair wet, stop that!"

Suddenly, Ianthe had gone from slightly freaked to fully irritated. Before, for a new friend, it hadn't mattered that her hair would get wet, but now? Now that she was the target?

Hell no.

"Hey Nymphie, can you Play Nice for me?"

Nymph was hesitant, and honestly, Ianthe couldn't blame her for a second. But she needed the assistance, badly, or this thing would ruin her outfit! Ianthe moved out of the way of some of the Pokémon's water jets with a squeal, still holding onto Nymph.

"Please?? Now?!?!"

The Bounsweet relented, realizing quickly her trainer was more furious with the Pokémon in front of them than with her. The only way to calm her down was through getting them out of this situation and making sure Ianthe's outfit stayed dry, and Nymph knew that well. "Bounsweet!"

Nymph used the attack, shooting out hearts and sparkles towards the Pokémon in an attempt to calm it down and stop it from its water works as Ianthe continued to dodge them.

"Hey, Laren, two things! One, your turn~! Two, do you know uh, happen to know what in Arceus' name that Pokémon is???"

Maya Kauffman
Kenneth Vano

“The Aipom’s Paw?” Maya repeated as she knelt again to look over another set of tracks. They looked more like pockmarks along the trail, making it hard to picture what kind of Pokemon even made them. She felt a familiar land on her shoulders and sighed, lazy brat thought he could hitch a ride. ”I'm not carrying you Kurama, get down.”

The small Pokemon stubbornly remained on his newfound perch, prompting her to suddenly dip forward. He tumbled to the ground with an angry huff.

She stood back up with a nod, brushing the dust from her worn jeans. ”Anyway, the Aipom’s Paw is an old fairy tale where a mummified Aipom’s paw will grant three wishes to whoever holds it. It doesn't matter what the wish is, no matter how impossible it may seem it'll be granted. But,” she held up a finger, ”the granted wish is always some perversion of it. In one version, there's a father who wished for 100,000 pokedollars. He’s visited by a man the next evening that has a check for that amount. The visitor represents the company his son works for, his son died on the job and the check was payment from the company.”

Kenneth nodded. “I see. It’s a bit different from the fairy tales I heard.” And a little darker as well. Fairy tales always tend to have a lesson implemented in them. In this case, the father’s greed was what led to his son’s death. A little depressing, but he knew a few people who would get a kick from this story.

Maya gave a slight shrug, ”a warning against greed and to be careful what you wish for.”

Turning around, he looked around for Baron. No sign of him yet. Hopefully, the kid was alright. Turning back to Maya, he gave her a side glance. He doubted that Maya would speak up again, given their previously dour relationship and the fact that Maya preferred silence.

“So, what’s Kanto like anyway?” Kenneth said stoking the fires of the conversation. “I’m assuming you’re from Kanto since you have a Vulpix.” Asking Maya about Kanto would be nice. Aside from gathering more information about the foreign region, it could possibly make Maya open up a little more. Kenneth gave Maya a curious glance as he awaited her response.

The other trainer was quiet for a moment before folding her arms in front of her, ”there’s really nothing special about it.” Maya said dismissively.

A look that could rival a disappointed Meowth grew on Kenneth’s face. So much for that. “C’mon can you at least describe what’s it like for me? I’m a bit curious about how it compares to Hoenn.” Even though Maya didn’t seem to like talking about her region, he still was a little bit curious himself. That and he wanted to confirm his suspicions.

He took it seriously to get to know Maya better after all. That moment of silence gave him a hint to Maya’s thought on Kanto.

”It and Johto look a lot alike if you've seen one you've seen both no doubt.” Maya sighed, ”just about every family has at least one Pokemon even if they aren't trainers.” A twinge of homesickness, she shook her head. ”In the end, it's filled with stubborn bastards that won't let go of their precious traditions.”

Kenneth raised an eyebrow but didn’t make a comment. Well at least his suspicions were confirmed. Maya truly disliked Kanto for whatever reason. Maybe it was because of traditions? She was especially emotionally towards the end there when she made that comment.

“I see.” Kenneth said as he looked forward. “In Hoenn, not all families have Pokemon. They’re widely considered to be pets if anything.” A small smile grew on his face. “I remember when I was young kids my age would constantly keep telling me how I was lucky to have a Pokemon.” It was oddly nostalgic seeing that he was now far away from home.

Though, he needed to get his head back into the game. Even with these questions, he didn’t feel like he got any closer to Maya. Turning back to look at Maya, he decided to hit her with one more question.

“Anyway, how did you meet your Vulpix. Kurama, if I’m correct?”

Third time's the charm. Maya seemed to be fond of the small, furry Pokemon that was now walking right beside them. He could relate with his relationship with Mandrawl… Though, sometimes it was a hassle to get him to stop crying.

“I cared for his egg until he hatched,” a simple answer. How she’d gotten the egg didn’t matter, not that he really needed to know. The question had at least given Maya the chance to push the focus off of herself. “What about you and Mandrawl? I don’t think I’ve seen a Pokemon like him.”

A huge smile grew on Kenneth’s face. “The same as you. My parents gave me his egg on my fifteenth birthday.” He could never forget the pure excitement as his parents displayed the purple and yellow spotted egg in front of him. It was one of the best moments during his childhood no doubt.

“You see, I lived on a ranch along with my family in Hoenn. We tended to Pokemon and my family ended up starting a breeding business.” Kenneth went on. It would have been weird if he had received an egg any other way, he assumed Maya acquired Kurama’s egg the same way.

“When I was younger me and my siblings would constantly-” Kenneth stopped himself. “Sorry about that, I got carried away.” Kenneth said as he gave Maya a sheepish grin. “Anyway, back to your question.” He looked down to Mandrawl’s pokeball.

“Mandrawl is a Whismur, they’re native to Hoenn. Whismurs are… a scared bunch so to say if you couldn’t tell.” Scared was a little bit of an understatement, but he couldn’t find a better word. “Whismurs are capable of emitting loud screeches when they are scared, so do be careful when you around Mandrawl.”

Kenneth looked at Maya. “Is there anything else you want to talk about?”

A low hum, so he was also from a family of breeders. Though from the way it sounded, Kenneth’s relationship with his family was far better than her own. Though… had they really been so bad? Was now really the time to be thinking of such things? Maya shook the thought from her head, they had a job to do and that required her focus. She opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by a low growl.

Kurama was crouched near the bushes, his ears pinned back.

“We have company,” Maya murmured, creeping towards the brush to peer past it. A young looking couple sat together, trainers judging by the pokemon accompanying them. One was Growlithe, a fire type pokemon hailing from Kanto. The other… she didn’t know beyond the fact it was ugly. “Two trainers and at least two pokemon,” she kept her voice low.

Two trainers and two Pokemon? Kenneth also took a peek as well. There this strange furry mammal and there was-

“Is that a Feebas!” Kenneth gaped at the ugly fish. He had heard about it many times. This rare fish, despite being ugly, can turn into the majestic, beautiful Milotic. Because of their adult stages, Feebas were constantly hunted for and could only be found in certain areas in Hoenn. Seeing one in front of him almost wanted to squeal like a girl.

“How did she manage to obtain such a Pokemon?” Kenneth whispered to himself as he stared at the fish from behind cover.

“What’s so special about it? Other than being ugly…” Kneeling, Maya placed a hand on Kurama’s back to keep the small pokemon from charging ahead.

“Feebas can evolve into Milotic! A Pokemon known for its overwhelming beauty!” Kenneth swiftly looked over to Maya. How could she not know about this? Even if Feebas weren’t known in her region, she should have at least heard about them! It should be a sin to not know about this.

“It’s kinda like my region’s Magikarp, but instead of being feared it’s admired for its beauty!” He quietly exclaimed. “It’s also a rare Pokemon as well! Even my family can’t obtain such a rare fish!”

He turned back to look at the fish. “This is my first time seeing one and man I am pumped right now.”

“Huh,” at least Magikarp wasn’t alone in the weird/pathetic fish pokemon department then. Maya remembered first seeing her cousin’s Gyarados, she’d refused to believe it had once been his Magikarp. It was tempting to pull out her Pokedex and see what this Milotic looked like, but that could wait. “Since you seem to know more about it, wanna take it and its trainer on?” She paused, “Can Mandrawl even fight?”

Kenneth had this face that basically exuded ‘uh.’ “Yes, he can fight… You might want to cover your ears when he does.”

”I… had a feeling you'd say that…” Maya glanced down at Kurama, she really didn't have a way to protect the Vulpix’s large ears.

“Perhaps, maybe I can disturb enough to make them leave.” Kenneth said. All they needed to do was to remove the trainers from Fogma Falls. They didn’t need to fight, plus the couple looked like they were cozying up to each other. “Whismurs are capable of sounding like a jet engine, or so I have heard.” Literally and figuratively speaking.

”Welcome to try,” she motioned to the pair. ”Though be ready for a fight just in case.” Maya scooped up Kurama, ignoring his irritated groan as she took a few steps back.

Kenneth nodded and took out Mandrawl’s pokeball. The confused mammal looked at him as he looked at Kenneth. Reaching down into his bag, Kenneth took out his ear muffs and placed them over his ears.

“Okay Mandrawl, do what you do best!” Kenneth said.

“Use Echoed Voice!”

For a second Whismur stayed silent. He continued to stay silent as the wind blew by. Slowly he started to shake like how a pot with boiling water.

“BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” In the distance, birds flew away from their trees.

Mc27TaE.png

Laren Hartwell
Cirriform Ruins

with izayoiix izayoiix (Akira), cinnabuns cinnabuns (Ianthe)

As the swelling boom of unrelenting pressure exploded around them, Laren instinctively ducked protectively toward Bailey, letting out a shriek as their light source (and Akira!) disappeared over the bridge.

"Akira! Luc! Oh, bother! Bailey, Growl back at that bully. We can't take another hit like that!" Laren cried to the Bulbasaur, who had planted herself in front of her trainer with her own warning cry to the intruder. At its second piercing call, Bailey bristled and growled again, louder.

The trainer's green eyes widened at what was visible of the other Pokemon's silhouette as she also tensed in preparation for trying to dodge some of the incoming water jets.

"That's supposed to be a - DUCK!" Letting out a swear as she was near enough to being in the splash zone, Laren wiped quickly at her eyes and jogged a few steps away from Ianthe to encourage Bailey to try to flank the opposition. "Bailey, get a Vine Whip ready!" To Ianthe: "I've never seen a real one, but that's got to be a Kabutops! It's supposed to be a fossil! Inert!"

On the heels of Nymph's Play Nice, Bailey darted after her partner and leaped, sending two vines hurling out of the titular bulb on her back toward the should-be-fossilized creature before them.

b61d2db0519bc68fd900027722a5d4c6.jpg

Last edited:
~Ruins Team~
The kabutops continued to charge up waterjets at its feet to tackle again with Aqua jet when something ethereal hit it, making it slash in the air, and back off as it tried to murder the sparkles around it. The growling made it even more skittish, the jets under its feet dying out when suddenly two vines struck the pokemon. Its rocky carapace cracked under the pressure. It did not sound good to the pokemon. 1-2 more would likely due it in. Being Rock/Water did it no service against two grass pokemon.

It suddenly slashed an X infront of it, and screeched a battlecry. Rather than charge though, the pokemon jumped away into the darkness, away from Bounsweet, Bulbasaur, Laren, and Ianthe. A skittering sound could be heard nearby as it leapt onto what had been the writing, and climbed upwards with its scythes. The skittering could continued to be heard as it climbed onto the roof, chosing its next target carefully from the darkness.

===========================================

As Akira made her way to the shore, two things would come to mind in the brightness of Luc's shine. The first, more writings written with strange eyes

We came here due to the cry of ancestors
The pokemon here taught us to write,
Unown they are.
Yet older stands in here.

We are certain, older than even our ancestors.
They are savage, but simple. They obey.
We fight with them.

Identified we have:
Kabuto Kabutops
Omanyte Omastar
Aerodactyl
Anorith Cradily
Relincanth
Cranidos Rampardos
Shieldon Bastiodon
Tirtouga Carracosta
Archen Archeops
Tyrunt Tyrantrum
Amaura Aurorus

Our Shamans warn us of more ancient pokemon
Powerful enough to destroy this valley
Our king tells us he will stand against the three.

Seas... Skies... Earth... Man.

Which will win?

I write this as a precaution. I don't think we should go deeper inside.
Nor bate the skies with our fires.

On the more natural side, next to the writing rested a rather large pile of eggs. Most of them were broken and hatched, but a couple moved and convulsed next to Akira and Luc.

5cBOZYd.png%5b

Daria Blauschild
Arcus Oasis Mansion
Interactions: Lena ( Damafaud Damafaud ), Micah ( RoninN7 RoninN7 , Jack ( Orikanyo Orikanyo )
Micah’s response was as predictable as it was unreal. The urgency was lost on Lena too. They both were, for the lack of better words, treating this as if it was a video game, where the concept of death and harm were nonexistent, and some barely functional teenagers could topple the big scary adults with money, influence and sheer number. Lost in her own utterly defeated before her carefree companions, Daria felt like she was outdone in her shortcomings.

The thing was, Daria thought of herself as the delusional one at times. She was a bit self-aware, sometimes a bit more than usual, that her sheltered life had led her perceptive astray from reality in many facets of life, which was of no real concern to her since she rarely had to face those facets. But you can only buy so many bananas for 10 Pokemon dollars before feeling like an idiot. And an idiot was what Daria felt like at the moment.

Can I not be the only one being serious here? The girl refused to believe that it was her fright being blown out of proportion, it was them taking this too lightly! Come on now, she thought, I’m supposed to be the one blind to dangers here, not you people with your… street smart!
In short, the teenage girl felt like she was and had to be the only adult here. She stood up, in her hands held the Marill and in her voice a little quaver.

“N-no! There will be no duel!”

It was a sound idea in her head, as it seemed she was the only sound person in the cavern. Micah stood no chance against that menacing criminal over there, he probably was one of the high ranking ones in that one evil organization, if not their ace trainer. And the small chance they had would vanish the moment Lugia lies obediently in his Pokeball.

She squeezed the Pokemon’s cheeks and shouted her command. “Water, idiot! Water! You are a water type, aren’t you!?”
At that moment, the Marill quickly discovered Daria’s inability to gain the trust of Pokemon of all kinds, even so, its little and a bit dimwitted head found her command irresistible and also vaguely understood that some kind of retribution should be expected from the angry girl if he didn’t comply. With that in mind, the Marill used Water Gun, as in squirting the water stored in its belly, onto Lugia’s head.

Verity

"Alright so let's go over our approach here," Verity said, as she and Fliathri sat at a bustling cafe not far from the main gate into Cumulus city, which itself was the main gate into the entire region. The city had sprung up over night, so it was a little rough around the edges, but it had a good energy to it, the streets and roads thronged with eager passerbys hurrying to the next adventure, the next opportunity.

An elaborate concoction of whipped cream, chocolate flakes, milk, ice and the barest hint of what might possibly be actual coffee slowly warmed on the small table Verity shared with Fliathri, it's constituent layers steadily dissolving and mixing into an indistinct sludge while it's owner chattered and gesticulated expressively, her elbow coming perilously close to knocking over the drink once every couple of sentences.

"I think with this kind of target and this kind of outcome, we can't really use any kind of coercion, even if we get him to make the ting there's no guarantee he won't sabotage it in some obscure, hard to detect way? Once we use it's used so we can't really test it out beforehand; if we blow a chance at a legendary pokemon with a faulty ball it'll reflect badly " Verity stopped talking long enough to take a sip from her nearly forgotten drink.

"So we need this guy to want to make us a masterball, which means our first step should be research. We figure out what he needs or wants desperately and then we can construct a reality in which working with us gets him that. For starters what do we know about this guy? I've heard the name before but- Oh Ponzi no! don't eat that," Verity said, suddenly breaking off to bend down and snatch the tail of her reptilian pokemon, dragging him away from the scraps of what had once been a muffin he had been trying to surreptitiously gobble up while Verity had been distracted.

Ganryu Ganryu

Last edited:
R E I N A
npc time~

"Haven't you heard about the Blackleaf rumors?"

"Oh my gosh, yes! It's kinda worrying isn't it? They say members are in every town! I hope I don't ever bump into them! I mean, bullying trainers who even think about trying to pursue a legendary pokemon."

"I know! My sister told me last week that they were bothering young trainers near her home just because they'd been talking about their favorite legendary!"

"That's so frightening..."

Reina hummed out of worry as she listened to the joggers go by, and she wasn't surprised when Caleb sat them up, resting a hand on his chest so she wouldn't topple over onto Viola.

"I think it would be for the best if we got going."

"I agree."

Reina let out a soft sigh at the admittance; she quite loved staying here, but if they ran into some Blackleaf members here, it would ruin the mood completely. Plus, if they were here, that meant something legendary was nearby....

They probably should let Professor Joshua know, as soon as possible. If it fell into the wrong hands, that could be detrimental.

Ælling, on the other hand, was actually paying attention to what was happening around them. He turned as he heard two people arrive, listening to their conversation. He couldn't see them, but his hearing was great, especially magnified due being in the water.

“How did she manage to obtain such a Pokemon?”

“What’s so special about it? Other than being ugly…”

Ugly???

Ælling turned to Reina, who he considered practically to be his mother, and gave her his signature look when someone referred to him that way: eyes watering, pouting lips. Reina immediately recognized the look and cooed, looking him in the eyes.

"What's wrong, my beautiful boy? What happened--"

“BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!”

Reina jolted up, letting out a yelp, and the shock scared Ælling into playing faint.

Viola scrambled over to Ælling in worry as she saw the Feebas flip over, growling at the source of the loud voice.

"Ælling?? Ælling?!?!" Reina followed suit, but both were suddenly covering their eyes as Ælling began to shine bright white. They watched as the Feebas seemingly raised up into the air....

"...Oh my Arceus." Reina spoke in a small voice as she looked at Ælling, now a Milotic. Ælling shook his head, peering down at Reina, Viola, and Caleb.

"Miiiilotic?"

"Baby! You're all grown up now, my beautiful boy!"
Reina clapped her hands together, and if she could have heart eyes, they would exist, right here, right now.

Ælling leaned down to nuzzle Reina's head, but, like Viola, was once again interested in where the sound had come from, turning around and letting out a sharp hiss.

Last edited:
c a l e b
n p c timeeeeee
location: fogma falls ;; mentions: cinnabuns cinnabuns KageYuuki KageYuuki Misuteeku Misuteeku

At the obvious attack, Viola reacted faster than Caleb could, despite her enhanced hearing. Seeing as she was used to being the defender between the two, it made sense that she would power through and threaten whoever was trying to hurt her friend. Meanwhile, Caleb was still laying flat on his back, groaning at the influx of noise. He winced. He hated loud noises such as this, he much preferred the quiet.

He pushed himself to his feet, rubbing the back of his head, a frown on his face as he glared at the figures before them. This was not what he signed up for when he brought his girlfriend to the Falls.

"Do we really have to do this today guys?" he grumped. Viola's tail flicked angrily at his words as she remained tense in front of Ælling even though he had now evolved into a Milotic and was now much larger than the Growlithe. He sighed at Reina's gushing over the fact that her baby had evolved.

As Ælling turned back towards the duo that had approached, Caleb felt he could make a safe assumption that these two were from Black Leaf. He let out another aggravated sigh. No doubt this was going to become a fight, if the dazed look on one of their faces as he stared at Reina's kid.

"We're going to have to do this aren't we. We are, aren't we? Fuck..." he grumbled, his eyes hardening. "Viola." he called and the small pokemon let out another growl in warning as she took half a step forward, tense and ready to attack at any movement.

Kenneth Vano
VAno.png

Kenneth watched as Mandrawl unleashed his Echoed Voice attack. It had been a while since the last time Mandrawl had screamed that was not out of fear. Back at home Mandrawl was never allowed to do much out of its Pokemon. Due to his nature of screaming whenever he sees something scary happens at first sight, Mandrawl would disturb Pokemon and potential customers alike whenever it was out of its ball. It was one of the many reasons that Kenneth left home. Though enough with that, Kenneth glanced at the couple. They seemed to be caught off guard by Mandrawl's high pitch screech and-

Kenneth's eyes widened as he watched the Feebas ascended into the air with a brilliant light. Whismur stopped his attack as he to watched the glowing Feebas ascended to the sky. Could it be? Was he going to witness the beautiful transition of a Feebas?

The light faded as the Feebas was replaced by the beautiful and majestic Milotic. "Oh, my, Arceus." He was about to squeal like a Spoink that just found its pearl. Mandrawl was mesmerized by the beautiful serpent as well.

At a moments notice Kenneth grabbed Maya's arm and pulled her back and forth like a kid that wanted to show their parents something cool. "Look, Maya! Look! It's a Milotic!" Kenneth yelled excitedly as he pointed towards the newly evolved Milotic. To see one in person was such a rare sight and to see one evolve? It took- No it robbed the entire bakery! Before he could talk Maya's ear off about how great Milotic was and what were her thoughts on the newly evolved Milotic, he heard the Milotic hiss at them along with the puppy.

Kenneth was not intimidated, however, that was not his main concern. He had met fiercer and more intimidating Pokemon back at his parent's ranch. What was he concerned was the ticking time bomb that stood between him and the now aggressive Pokemon and their trainers.

"Mandrawl don't-"

The Whismur couldn't help but unleash another Echoed Voice out of fear, this time twice as loud as the one before. Echoed Voice worked in that from every time the attack was used or how long the attack lasted. The attack bounced off of everything and some even speculated that the attack even bounced off of itself. Tears streamed out of Mandrawl's eyes as it did not take the aggression from the two intimidating Pokemon well. The Whismur was rattled. He started to run around, its speeds slowly increasing the more Whismur cried. Kenneth cursed in his mind. He unclipped Mandrawl's Pokeball again.

"Return!" The red beam shot forward and missed the small, purple, crying Pokemon as it ran around. The attempt was at the very least was half-hearted, but he faked it with the amount of energy he put into it. "Welp, I guess we're fighting." Kenneth shrugged as he turned to face Maya. He wasn't sure if she could hear him or not, the ear muffs were at the very least nullifying the amount of sound that Mandrawl unleashed. Though it was start to seem through his ear muffs.

izayoiix izayoiix KageYuuki KageYuuki cinnabuns cinnabuns

~Oasis Team~

Inside the cave as Jack and Micah prepared duel, a small groan was heard from behind them. The lugia's eyes barely opened as water was shot onto its face, before disappearing in a red light. The ball shook, once, twice, three times. Then an explosion roared through the cave as the ball shattered to pieces, pieces of pokeball flying into the walls like shrapnel, red and white dotting the perfect gem laden walls around, steel differing from amethyst and limestone.

And Lugia roared.

Everywhere water was tossed up into the air, and then it simply froze in the air, in perfect droplets, some spray like sand, some orbs as large as Jack's head. The rocks that were on top of Lugia were now floating in the air behind it. One might be forgiven for thinking time had stopped, except for all the pokemon and trainers were still able to move. And that Lugia was still panting, it's eyes now white with power as it maintained everything around it with psychic power. Its head was swaying slightly, a rather large bruise on the it.

In Daria's hands, Marril, the soak toy stood perfectly still, imitating a plushy to the best of its abilities. Even with the grin a toy might have.

Lugia roared again, blasting all the held water and rocks away from it, ruining the frozen time image as what seemed like a shockwave erupted, ruffling through the group like a hurricane of wind. The water with the wind would make the effect even worse. It's head continued to sway and its mouth lit up, and fired a beam, straight between Micah and Jack, the beam passing between them in a flash. The beam was mostly transparent, and sounded like a whistling as air moved rapidly in a stream through, echoing throughout the entirety of the caverns, Lugia's neck slightly tilted back from the strain, finishing a few seconds later.

Aeroblast

Panting from the blast, and having missed, the Lugia collapsed onto the cave floor again, its large hand like wings groping for somewhere to stand as it panted. The rushing of water sounded behind the group, from where Lugia had fired, and a beam of light was entered. A perfect circle stood, piercing the rocky caverns, and letting water start to fill the cave from above. The water reflected the sunlight from above magnificently as the dim cavern was suddenly lit up, the gems beneath sparkling almost blindingly. Bright side, it would make a pretty picture for Lena.

In the after affect, from a gem laden wall, a purple arm reached out, and helpfully pointed towards the exit.

Team Oasis
Err...
Blackleaf

Its god damn jack.

With the scene playing Jack couldn't help but scamper like a damn ratatta towards the nearest cover... But the fact being the cavern now had a huge hole... And the Lugia had blasted said hole out of nowhere...

Made Jack take a few pics from posterity.

Proof yea know.

"Wellit'sbefunbratsbutgottagetskiddfuckendaddling." His words trailed together as he fled, utilizing years of experience of running away he booked it hard core out of the area.

A crying zubat could be seen upon his back as he turned tail and ran, there was no way in hell either were going to stay.

Fliathri Conchobhair && Himiko
589908 589909

Fliathri sat like a gentleman at the cafe, his back straight and his arms folded infront of him, his elbows careful not to touch the table. He did so enjoy their crumpets... even if his wallet didn't. Thankfully, if they were successful, a raise would be likely. Clothes like this didn't stay cheap.

"Verily, Verity. It doth seem that approach would work well. But such an valuable items, what is it we could promise him in exchange? Tis nothing yours truly owns that wouldst be of value equal. And the organization to which we belong is looked upon so disfavorably..."

As he talked, several people moved uneasily, staring at his blackleaf pinion on his jacket.

"And as far as who this one might know, it seems very unlikely, for I am a native of this beautiful valley, born and raised in Nacreousville. My parents founded it, don't you know? Then again, I do so detest them, so forget I mentioned that. Dr. Hanzel Ackerman from Sylph Company. Hmm.... Perhaps we should observe him. I believe the 'hip' call it a stakeout. Get to know him, then we can operate based on that knowledge."

As Verity chastized her pokemon for stealing a muffin, the door to the kitchen slightly opened, and Himiko stealthily walked out, carrying an armful of them, raiding all the chocolate ones. Seeing Verity yell at Ponzi, it stared for a moment, then lurked back into the kitchen, pretending to be invisible. A moment later a crash was heard in the kitchen, along with much yelling, and what sounded like a mew of a cat. Fliathri sighed.

"I deign to ignore that. In any case, shall we get going? If any schemes hit you on the way, feel free to operate under them. Himiko, my queen, we are going now."

Popping out of the kitchen with a large smile on her face, Himiko was carrying even more muffins now. Also a few bumps, bruises, a black eye, and a chef's knife. She looked down to Ponzi, growled, then shook her pile, causing one to fall in front of him.

Last edited:
Micah Reed
Location: Arcus Oasis Aquifer | Interactions: Orikanyo Orikanyo Ganryu Ganryu Damafaud Damafaud Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
It was strange to hear the man boast so much for Micah, who couldn't seem to wrap his head around the concept of declaring yourself stronger than someone while rejecting their challenge for battle. He was even more confused by Daria's panicking, still unable to understand what was so scary about some guy and a Zubat. Sure, he'd seemingly taken out Lugia but anyone can lose, and surely he was just as beatable as the legendary Pokemon that lay at his feet. "Well, I guess if you're not gonna take it or fight me then I'll have Lu-" Micah stepped forward as he spoke, but before he could finish talking, the man tapped Lugia's head with his Pokeball, and then everything seemed to speed up and slow down at the same time. First, Daria panicked and picked up the Marill that had been following her and attempted to spray water onto Lugia's head, blurting out something about how if Lugia fell into the guy's hands they'd all be doomed, or something; Micah hadn't paid much attention to her. Suddenly, the boy's legs kicked into overdrive as he began darting toward the Pokeball on the ground, not quite sure of what his plan was once he reached it, but not caring either, and Redgie followed hurriedly.

It felt as if Arceus himself was trying to stop Micah from making a mistake, as the man's Pokeball shattered and Lugia roared out, the force of the legendary's exertion of power sending Micah to the ground, where Redgie immediately hurried to get between the boy and the massive Guardian of the Seas. Micah simply sat there, gazing upon Lugia with a mixture of awe and fear, unsure if he'd just ran into the end of his life or if he'd be spared. Lugia launched a massive Aeroblast that tore through the cave and passed right next to Micah, who remained unmoving. This is the power of Lugia. How terrifying! It's gonna kill me! It's... amazing... In a moment, the boy's fear gave way to curiosity and desire. Now that he knew what Lugia truly was, he felt as though he needed to get his hands on the legendary. Fortunately, though, as reckless as the boy was, there was enough sense and foresight left for him to realize that this was not the day he'd get it. Before he'd cared to check, the man had vanished, having probably wisely escaped the angry legendary. Micah pulled out his Pokeball and quickly pressed the button in the middle, pulling Redgie into it in a flash of red light before standing up.

Lugia had gone down, probably exhausted from breaking out of the Pokeball and launching such a powerful attack. Micah decided that it would be his chance to get out, but first, he took out his phone and took two pictures of Lugia so he could look upon them as motivation in the future. With that, the boy turned toward where Lugia had attacked, noticing the massive hole in the cavernous wall and the water that was pouring in. He then saw as the gems that had followed him seemingly produced a purple arm that pointed toward something, probably the exit, if Micah had to take a guess. Not needing a second opinion, Micah bolted toward where the hand had stuck out and stopped to speak to Daria and Lena. "We gotta go, this place is gonna flood! Besides, it seems that the criminal was flushed out so mission accomplished... sorta." Quickly pointing toward the exit before making his way out, making sure not to go too quickly in case either of his companions needed help getting out. As he made his way out, Micah caught glimpse of the gemstones on the wall still following him, but looking more determined somehow, as if they now had a purpose in following after the boy. Once out, Micah took a second to breathe and let out Redgie from his Pokeball, still trying to process what had happened. Before he got much of a chance to think, Micah saw the gemstones sitting on the wall at the exit, almost as if they were staring directly at him. "Well, now that we're out, let's take a closer look at these things, shall we?" Micah spoke to Redgie with a smile on his face as he took a few steps closer and inspected the gemstones, Redgie hanging behind him looking concerned. "Now let's see where that hand of yours came from..."

Verity

Verity stared at Fliathri with an expression of profound, deep confusion when he mentioned them not having anything to trade for the masterball, and she was silent for several seconds as he continued speaking, her brow furrowed in concentration as if he had been speaking in some kind of code that required decryption.

Finally a look of realization dawned on Verity and she made a silent 'o' with her mouth. "Ahh. I see where we're- listen it's not important that we actually have anything to trade, we just need to make him think that until the masterball is made and then we...y'know... defer our end of the bargain sort of... indefinitely. If what he wants is money then we just act like we have some, maybe borrow enough from the boss to string him along. If what he wants is fame then we can pose as journalists or maybe offer to write the biography that'l make him a household name. Whatever he needs is what we've got."

At Verity's feet, the muffin that Himiko tossed down to Poni wass devoured. Obliterated. Annihilated from existence so thorughly that the entire concept of 'muffin' somehow carried less meaning then it did a moment ago as two cute little jaws clamped down on the dessert with remarkable force and speed. The morsel now vanquished, Ponzi gazed up at Himiko with adoration, rubbing up against her leg and coraking.

"We don't even really have to be outright lying when you think about it," Verity continued, uninterrupted even as she stood up from her seat, returned Ponzi to his ball and left the cafe behind at a brisk enough pace to outrun any trouble. "Once we strike it rich with a legendary we can always go back and give the guy whatever he wants anyway, so what we're really doing is offering him a once in a lifetime investment opportunity right? Anyway I agree that a stakeout should be our first move, once we have more information about our target we can figure out how to proceed,"

Verity seemed to move with more purpose now and her eyes flashed with a newfound excitement. Between moving regions, making contact with Blackleaf and settling into the organization it had been a little while since she had run a good...business opportunity. It felt good to be back in the game.

Ganryu Ganryu
Misuteeku Misuteeku

Dr Hazel Ackerman

"Good grief..." Dr. Ackerman said as he walked slowly forward within the line of traffic. Cumulus Town was a small, yet packed town. The denizens and foreigners alike passed by, each pausing to look around before proceeding to walk by. Cumulus Town was the only way to enter inside Vera Valle due to the region being surrounded by mountains, so it wasn't surprised to see it so packed. The buildings were built closed to each other, making a narrow path throughout the town. Dr. Ackerman was currently in the middle of the traffic among of people. Currently he was paranoid over the massive amount of people in the town. Thieves were common among packed places where there were as many targets as there was cover.

With this briefcase containing one of Sylph Co's prized products, the Master Ball, he needed to make sure that the product wasn't stolen during his stay in Cumulus Town. For whatever reason he was the only that was sent with the Master Ball, whether they considered him to be competent or didn't feel the need to send another person with them was beyond him. Though he doubted the former due to only having the Sylph Co's creation and his own personal Pokemon on him. While they weren't the strongest Pokemon, they were better than nothing. Regardless, he needed to make his to Lacun Observatory soon.

Though first, he prepare for his trip to Lacuno Observatory. Seeing there were no cars in Vera Valle, or any car he could use, that meant he had to go on foot. Currently, he was unprepared for the trip. While it was only a few hour walk by foot, he would endure. He only needed to buy food and then set off to Lacuno Observatory to deliver the Master Ball. As long as no wild Pokemon would viciously attack him, he would be completely fine.

That being said, he didn't know which store to go to. Cumulus Town had various amounts of stores that had different kinds of consumables. He didn't know which one to go to. Letting another frustrated sigh at his current situation and indecisiveness, he started to head over to a store. All he needed to do was buy some food and then leave the Town. Staying a little longer than usual can't be that bad.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Ganryu Ganryu

Mansel and jack

Blackleaf​

Jack drove as fast as he could thankful that the bastards at least left his bike behind, god knows he couldn’t live life without his damn bike. Took him a lot of his savings to get this damn thing geared up for travel off road like this he’ll be damned if they stole it.

That’d be a fight he’d win, solely because he wouldn’t be using Pecha and more of a shiv between the ribs.

The motor roared, Pecha latched onto Jack’s shoulder and feeling the wind in it’s short fur, mouth open and catching the wind.

Last he remembered mansel was still getting shit out of Cumulo city, he had to be quick to catch them before they disappeared on him again.

As he made it to the warehouse, he would find it completely empty. In the time it’d taken him to do the mission and get back, everyone just about had left. All that was left were a few grunts loading the last box in the place, and Mansel supervising, standing with his arms folded. His brow furrowed at the motorbike, and Dragalge roared as normal. Mansel stopped it with a hand held out.

“Ah, Jack. I was wondering if you were alright. The other two returned with the generator, what was the problem on your end?”

“Those two leaving me for dead thats what.” jack spat as he dismounted his ride, putting the kiick stand up as he pulled out his phone and the scale/feather he picked up.

“I’d kill em if I hadn’t had the second worst scrape with a legendary i’ve ever had.” he shone the silver scale in the sunlight that leaked into the area.

Mansel looked initially disinterested until Jack mentioned the legendary pokemon, and produced the silver wing. A hungry look came over his eye.

“Lugia… the guardian of the sea. Did you encounter it? Where? Naturally, the two who left you behind will be punished. Do tell.”

A grunt came with a crate to Mansel, and he waved him off to figure it out himself. Mansel’s complete attention was on Jack now.

“Well, after I had managed to steal the silver wing from the mansion, had the idea to snatch it while I was at it, i was stuck in the cave and practically at shits end. Certain i was gonna get caught and pair up with a man named bubba who really loved to get close and personal for twenty years plus I decided to try out the ritual as shown on an altar I found.

Lo and behold Lugia came.

I’ll admit, I panicked, never expected my dance moves to be on par to summon a guardian of the seas.” he flipped open his phone and showed the pictures.

“Tossed pecha at it, used supersonic, cieling collapsed on it and.. Well.. Rest is history… the folks caught up to me after one failed pokeball but.. Fuck that thing was mad when it woke up..” Jack raced through his story, looking abit unsure of the whole ordeal himself if it weren’t for the evidence.

“Dance thing blew a hole through the cave and parted the damn sea!”

“Fascinating…”

Mansel looked mesmerized by the pictures, almost hypnotized as it ended, especially the pictures of the hole in the cavern.

“Such power.”

Shaking his head, he motion at the moving truck. “Bring your bike in, we’re heading out, and there’s much more I wish to discuss. Starting with, how much was it you were making? I believe it was
PokémonDollar.png
4,500 a week. Let’s make that a little bit more, shall we? How about,
PokémonDollar.png
9,000? Legendary pokemon are the entire reason blackleaf exists, and you’ve managed to see one and survive. If you would like a few days off as well, feel free, I am pleased with you. Send me those pictures.”

“Of course! anything at all.” Jack was as happy as a clampearl. Hell yea, finally his shit luck was paying off! Nearly die and get floored by some dumb trainers and finally things are working out!

“Well, heres the full play by play of the thing. Even managed to touch the thing while it was out cold.” Jack would go on to a more in depth retelling of the scenario, the increase in pay was certainly a welcome prize. Paying off his bike was all the sooner! Hell he could do it with the extra from this weeks pay!

Everything's coming up Jack!

“Oh, you want this scale?” he offered holding the shining silver scale out to the man. “You’re the boss after all.”

Mansel took the wing, looking over it intensely. “Beautiful… I hope someday to own one.” He handed it back. “Blackleaf, though, is about catching legendary pokemon. You found this fair and square, do with it what you will. If I’m not the one not to catch every legendary, so be it. But I will be the first.

Current operations in Fogma falls are investigating Jiraichi, but I will admit, I’ve come across some rumors in Nacreous Glaciers I think are worth while. Do you remember Admin Sherri. I hope she rests in peace. We recently captured a few of her… last moments. Seems she woke up an ancient dragon in the north. It would be a waste not to finish her work. This is top secret, do not tell the others. They might be more… upset.

Fliathri and Verity are retrieving a masterball.

Your two friends just retrieved a generator we need, it could almost power a city.

And a few other grunts retrieved a weather machine that will clear the fog at the bottom of the glacier chasm. I’m telling you, because I’m going to want your help, Jack. You’ve seen a legendary, you have the most experience in making it to one.”

Technically he had seen, and run away from, multiple.

But hey you don’t correct your boss mid speech about secret shit.

“Well, as long as we all make it back it wouldn’t hurt. Can’t say I'm much help for battling but I can survive that's for certain. But an ancient dragon from the north huh…? I don’t know any dragons who like the cold, kind of their big weakness yea?” he noted with a raised eyebrow.

“Means something scary if a dragon can master what it’s weak against… Can’t say i’ve met Admin Sherri though.” he pocketed the wing away, unsure of what really to do with it.. Maybe make it into a necklace? Why not a necklace for pecha? Yea that’d be good.

“But I think i’ll use those days to prepare then, probably gonna need to see about that skidoo package for the bike…” he began to lift his baby into the back of one of the trucks before looking to Mansel.

“Masterball… man...those things are real?”

“Hopefully you’ll get to see it in action.”

Fliathri Conchobhair && Himiko
1561311635881.png 593120

Fliathri listened intently, walking with his cane proud. Himiko looked strangely at Ponzi, trying to scoot him off with her leg as he nuzzled her leg, breathing in relief when he was recalled.
"Ah! I see, good madam. Truly, the boss has chosen wisely when he had you come along. I do wonder what use he thought this one would be in such a ruse."

Himiko licked her lips before a muffin also disappeared infront of her, crumbs falling from her face into the street. Fliathri tapped her in the back of the head leading to a growl. She gave him a look of 'what'?

"Table manners, my queen."

Fliathri shook his head. "Apologies, I can't recall Himiko. A) I own no such pokeball, most of my funds go into the ritz you see. B) I have such trepidations that Himiko might be displeased. One never truly displeases a queen like her. A poke is as far as this one would trust. She is so loving though it is hardly a problem. Sometimes I believe she's smarter than I am!"

From her sack, a butcher knife shone in the sun, recently collected from the kitchen. Fliathri stopped as he saw a carrying a suitcase in the distance. He had... an air about him. And Fliathri knew all about stuffy air to people.

"Verily, Verity, I do believe we have found the target. What shouldst our plan of action be? Uh... uh... I deign that I shall give salutations to the man! Yes! Pity it would be for him to walk off. Perhaps a bit of stroking the ol' ego, eh?"

Without much of a plan, or really any at all, Fliathri made his way through the crowd. Using his cane to help find spaces. "Excuse me, excuse me, excuse-" Til Fliathri managed to find a way to strange man.

"Salutations, Dr. Ackerman! I am a great fan of your work, I hath heard all about your company, Sylph Co."

Fliathri looked around nervously for Verity, hoping she would take over. He then noticed a particular shape gone. Under his breath he muttered. "Where's Himiko this time?"

Verity
"Uhh wait,we should prob- oh, okay," Verity winced slightly as Fliathri threw caution to the wind and approached their target directly. This was not her preferred strategy for dealing with a target but now that they were already making contact it was too late to worry about that, she'd just have to improvise. Verity took a deep breath, buttoned up her jacket to look slightly more professional and then dove into the crowd after him.

"Well don't just start talking to the man without introducing yourself! Jeez! Verity said brightly, appearing at the opposite side of Dr Ackerman to Fliathri and smiling brightly. "I'm sure the doctor must be a little confused right now," Verity cleared her throat and then extended a hand to Ackerman. "I'm Verity and this is Fliathri, we're research assistants for Professor Joshua. He sent us down to escort you to the observatory at the last minute, just as a precaution you understand. Vera Velle is lovely but it's still a little um, under developed and the last thing any body would want is for something to happen to you. It's a pleasure to finally meet you by the way,"

Verity waited tensely, though it didn't show on her expression, for the professor to react. This was a pretty simple and believable cover story, probably the best she could do on such short notice, but it was still pretty risky, if Ackerman decided to try and contact the professor to confirm their story she'd have to come up with something pretty creative.

Ganryu Ganryu
Misuteeku Misuteeku

5cBOZYd.png%5b

Daria Blauschild
Arcus Oasis Mansion
Interactions: Micah ( RoninN7 RoninN7 )
Time stood still before the storm. Large chunks of rock and water floating in the air pronounced their doom. Yet Daria found herself devoid of fear, only exhaustion left while death stared in her face. She might have blundered, but it mattered little, for once everything had played out as planned. What left was for fate to decide.

When it all crashing down at one, the climax of today’s reckless endeavour left nothing in its path. As the place started to flood, she knew luck wouldn’t give her another chance and her legs must now do the deeds. With not a moment to spare, she withdrew Saleos into his pokeball then fled with the Marill still in her hands, to save it, a water type pokemon, from flooding caves. She saw Micah ran and followed, trailed behind as her legs were not made for sprinting after a day full of walking. She was in luck, however, as for whatever mysterious reason, Micah managed to find the quickest way to the surface, and even Daria could make it out alive as water roaring behind.

She gasped hard. Her shaking legs had finally given out and she fell to the ground, releasing the Marill from her embrace. This mission, only to get on the Professor’s good side had brought her closer to death than her worst fear. An encounter with a real Legendary, enormous, fearsome and amazingly deadly. Must she really capture one like that? She couldn’t stand the aftermaths of its wrath let alone fighting one on one and capture it. The scope of her goal was more apparent than ever, her life was on the line this time, next time who knows.

Her cautious side asked if it was time to despair, to reconsider her options. No, thought Daria, lying on the baking ground. Anything but this, her yearning was not to be compromised, her goal set in stone, and the feasibility not of concern. Had she not always gotten what she wants? In her sheltered life, she has wanted little living in lethargy, yearning for her only scarcity, though it was at stake now - the desire to demonstrate her worth dampened by the cruel reality. But a Blauschild’s tenacity prevailed, her resolve wavered little after today’s event.

Daria opened her eyes, the blue pokemon was standing on her chest, its curious eyes shone brightly. Surprise that it was still there, Daria stretched her arms, holding the little up above her head. So small, she thought, you amount to nothing compared to Lugia. Just like me, so insignificant.

The blue balloon with its wiggling arm stared back, puzzled.

“So,” plainly she asked, “you want to go with me or not?”

The pokemon squeaked and waggle its merry tail.

“I will take that as a yes.” Said Daria. A trace of happiness leaked out through her tiny reply.

Mc27TaE.png

Laren Hartwell
Cirriform Ruins

with izayoiix izayoiix (Akira), cinnabuns cinnabuns (Ianthe)

Bailey made a little noise of triumph as the Kabutops took off, vines retreating into the bulb on her back once their opponent disappeared into the dark.

"That, " Laren breathed, "was close." Fists still clenched at her sides, her stance relaxed only just, a step taken in the direction of where she last heard Ianthe's movements. "Are you and Nymph okay?"

Warily, the trainer peered ahead into the darkness, then turned slightly to stare in the direction which Akira and Luc vanished. "We'll have to find another way down as best we can, or hope they find a way back up. I think it's worth trying to find out if the path ahead continues to descend - "

The Bulbasaur near her feet chanced a few steps farther forward across the bridge, turning after a moment with an expectant, "Bulba?"

"Not enough light to document that we saw one, " Laren lamented with a little pat to her notebook, though whether that's in reply to her Pokemon or an aside to Ianthe wasn't obvious. And moments later, a pinch furrowed at her brow. "Light. It'll be very slow going without Luc and our Kabutops friend running around out there."

Dr. Hazel Ackerman
Ackerman's paranoia went full red alert. The lad had blew it for the both of them when he mentioned that he worked for Sylph Co. Paranoia consumed his mind as he stared at the two. It was made more obvious by the lass when she revealed that they were his bodyguards. When he was debriefed about his assignment, he was told that he would go to Cumulus City to Lacuno Laboratory. There was no mention of any escorts along the way. He willed himself to not show his paranoia as he looked at the two suspicious individuals. "I see, that's wonderful." Ackerman lied as he nodded towards the two. With a stern look in his face, he looked back to the cashier who faltered for a moment before giving him his sandwich.

Grabbing the sandwich, he turned towards the Verity and Fliathri. "Before we go, I need to make a few calls, especially one to Professor Joshua." Well, he was being truthful about having the need to call Professor Joshua. He needed to know when to expect the Master Ball and his current situation. Either way, even if they do make the excuse saying they could do it for them, he still needed to make a call to his niece. She really wanted him to buy some Vera Valle clothing, so that she could see what they were like and brag about them to her friends. An idea clicked in his head. "I also need to buy my niblings some souvenirs." With a sigh he looked around. He needed to find one and fast.

Spotting a nearby clothing shop, he looked back towards the two. "You two should wait here and get something to eat. I'll be back soon." Ackerman said as rushed he started to leave the shop. Going into the crowd he started to make his way across from the sandwich shop to the clothing store. It would be a moment of relief and a time to think of an escape route. While he really did need to buy his niece a few clothes, he needed something for himself as well.

Ganryu Ganryu AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back