• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Vera Valle [Will recap for food]

Ganryu

Your Lovable Jackass GM
Supporter
Roleplay Type(s)
~Pokemon: Vera Valle~
A new region has been discovered, the Vera Valle, secluded by a mountain range formerly thought impassible. However, a trainer recently discovered a pass leading into the valley, and word spread. Initially, it was only a few trainers wanting to explore a new area, but word spread of a Regigigas sighted in the area. Professor Joshua was sent to investigate, and confirmed it himself, but was unable to reach it due to the Regi trio protecting it. This was it, 4 legendary pokemon instantly drew new fame to this area. It only got worse as additional legendaries were discovered, who knows how many are out there? More and more people began migrating to this new region, tempted by adventure.

That was 20 years ago, and since then, the region has exploded with trainers seeking fortune, or perhaps a new way of life all coming around. Despite the clamor, no one has ever managed to actually catch any of the legendary pokemon, and so the appeal remains, even in the second generation of this valley.

Professor Joshua, The Legendary Professor
It could be said that the heart and soul of the valley is its professor, Professor Joshua. When he heard there was a region full of legendary pokemon, he packed up, and moved, becoming one of the first to arrive in the valley after its discovery. He had a hunch there was more than just rumors, and his hunch paid off as his research has exploded since the move. His lab is known as Lacuno Tower. He is known for his study of pokemon that are considered legendary.

Most major decisions in the region are passed through the professor, and his research often keeps him busy and exploring the region. Despite that, he has a burning passion for the youth in the region, and often gives tasks and relies on them heavily for his research. Its odd for him not to have a young trainer's number, and come hell or high water he will answer them.

Professor Joshua, however, could not be described without his quirks. He is massive, bulking at nearly 7 feet tall, and has a propensity for ripping his lab coat at the slightest excitement. He buries himself often in his work, despite danger, and has answered the phone mid-explosion many times. His pokemon are worse. Despite this, he always has an errand to be run, and is more than kind to trainers around him.

Team BlackLeaf

A region wouldn't be complete without its crime organization, and Vera Valle's is Team Blackleaf. They claim exclusive rights to the legendaries in the area, and will often bully entire towns in order to get what they want. They block off areas often for operations to catch a legendary but have yet to be successful. They have, however, caused many a disaster by trying, whether it be a Heatran going berserk and nearly obliterating Clasm Outpost, or harassing an Articuno until it laid siege to Nacreousville, freezing supplies and damaging the town for weeks.

Despite that, the promise of its members owning legendary pokemon make it popular, and they are in every city. They will often attack any trainer who dares to dream to catch a pokemon of renown without them.

Their leader, Mansel, is actually a fairly renown trainer, known for his star pokemon: Dragalge. He has come closest to anyone to catching a legendary, defeating Regirock before being driven off the mountain by its brothers.

(If I can find 3 players who want to play the bad guys, I'll have a faction of Team BlackLeaf grunts too.)

Legendary Pokemon

Vera Valle's most noticeable feature, the sheer amount of legendary pokemon, they are almost godlike in power, and many a trainer has lost his life trying to claim one, but the dream continues. The most famous group would be the Regis who inhabit Mt. Regi. Mountains have been thrown at intruders, but they seem to be waiting for something... or someone. Almost all legendary pokemon inhabit this region.

The Pokemon League

As Vera Valle is new, there is little league presence. There are no gyms, as of yet, and no Elite 4 nor champion. However, a rumor is spreading that they are looking, and many trainers have devoted themselves to monotype in hopes of being recognized as the premier trainer of that type, and as a gym leader. Tradition holds that the first person to catch Regigigas, the violent giant that lies at the center of the region, will be named a champion.

Young Trainers

And that brings us to the players! For whatever reason, you are in Vera Valle, whether a traveller, or 2nd generation, expect to be a relatively inexperienced trainer running errands for Professor Joshua. He is rather fond of the new, and likely has a pokedex ready for you to take on your journeys. We will be starting off with 1 pokemon, your star pokemon. Stats are irrelevant, you will do just as well with a magikarp as you would a scyther. Thing's won't translate perfectly from the game to an RP. If you fight another player, please decide the outcome beforehand.

Misc

* This is an advanced RP. I expect 3-4 paragraphs of reasonable grammar.
* Your GM, me currently, trusts you. Alot. Don't blow it.
* We'll get stronger, but we're starting out weak as hell.
* All pokemon, sans legendary, are equal. Start with who you want.

Count me in! This sounds really interesting!

We can be the evil team? Eyyy.

Yep, makes it more fun methinks. I'll go ahead and say we have two interested in being crime lords. Just need one more

I would LOVE to be a part of this

Well then, welcome aboard!

Count me in! This sounds really interesting!

Sweet.

===================
Anyone have any questions about the game being planned?

Also, formal hi to Ori, Kage, and Dama. Had them all before, so they know what I'm about, but glad to have them.

Yep, makes it more fun methinks. I'll go ahead and say we have two interested in being crime lords. Just need one more

Well then, welcome aboard!

Sweet.

===================
Anyone have any questions about the game being planned?

Also, formal hi to Ori, Kage, and Dama. Had them all before, so they know what I'm about, but glad to have them.
Make me evil bro

I shall be evil.

Evil (Blackleaf)Good (w/ Professor Joshua)Undecided
Spoiled BreadGanryu? Orwangatan
KageYuukiAneliaHanarei
OrikanyoDamafaud-
Killer ClownMintt-
-Mqueserasera-
-Mackenzie wise-

Last edited:
You can put me down as good with the professor~

I have a kinda strange concept, but I think I could make a cool character out of this. Could I make a character who's a freelance Pokemon catcher? Like, you could hire them for a certain amount of money and send them to catch whatever pokemon you want them to. They would go out and catch or somehow obtain that pokemon and trait it to the client?

I have a kinda strange concept, but I think I could make a cool character out of this. Could I make a character who's a freelance Pokemon catcher? Like, you could hire them for a certain amount of money and send them to catch whatever pokemon you want them to. They would go out and catch or somehow obtain that pokemon and trait it to the client?
On one hand, I'm open to ideas and backgrounds. On the other hand, we're starting low level, weak, and with one pokemon. How would you catch special types of pokemon with nothing but an untrained starter?

If you want to discover that mid Rp, that'd work great. If your parents do it, that's fine. If you want to grab useless pokemon like pidgey or magikarp, that also works.

That's fair. Maybe I'll pick up that job as the rp goes on
On one hand, I'm open to ideas and backgrounds. On the other hand, we're starting low level, weak, and with one pokemon. How would you catch special types of pokemon with nothing but an untrained starter?

If you want to discover that mid Rp, that'd work great. If your parents do it, that's fine. If you want to grab useless pokemon like pidgey or magikarp, that also works.

So, one of my main pokemon characters is an aspiring amateur researcher who travels the regions studying pokemon behavior. If I said that she left her usual, fully trained team behind with her family and started over from scratch to get the “genuine Vera Valle” experience, would that work? If not I do have a few other trainers I can use but they’re more generic in design.

*Despite not really being into pokemon RPs, is tempted to join just to gain Ganryu's trust*

Welcome aboard Hana. Would you like a magikarp, a bidoof, or a stunfisk?

So, one of my main pokemon characters is an aspiring amateur researcher who travels the regions studying pokemon behavior. If I said that she left her usual, fully trained team behind with her family and started over from scratch to get the “genuine Vera Valle” experience, would that work? If not I do have a few other trainers I can use but they’re more generic in design.

The first part works. The second part, not so much. The Vera Valle experience is trying to catch a legendary pokemon and getting your ass kicked. So leaving pokemon behind would be a bad idea.

Welcome aboard Hana. Would you like a magikarp, a bidoof, or a stunfisk?
I clearly identify as a magikarp!
giphy.gif

and don't you go denying the absolute power of a Magikarp!

giphy.gif

Interested! Do you have room for another person? I'd most definitely be up for playing a young trainer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back