Video Games Pokemon Types and Pokemon

Revna Eris

Overachiever
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I recently started Pokemon Moon again after leaving untouched for a while and it got me thinking. What is my favorite Pokemon Type and Pokemon? I never figured this out sadly XD anyway! Anyone out there know their favorite Pokemon Type and Pokemon?

hm... my favourite types changed through the years. Partially based on properties/attacks, partially on aesthetics.

First it was Fire type and pokemon - Charizard. Because my first starter ever was Charmander and I was faithful to Fire starters in all subsequent games.
And for some reason around Gen4 onwards my favourite type became Ghost type with favourites being Misdreavus and Froslass. Toss in Doublade for aesthetics.
Honorable mention goes to Eevee and its evolutions, Espeon and Glaceon.

I completely get that. Since I started on Alpha Sapphire I don't have too much experience but I started being really attached and biased to Water Types with Mudkip being my favorite. Then I played Moon and I love Water Types and Mudkip still but I don't think it's my favorite anymore. I got really attached to Rockruff and its evolutions though. I have a soft spot for Bug especially with Volcarona which I believe is a bug fire... ANnyway! I'm rambling. I agree fairy isn't the best but it definitely has some nicely designed pokemon.

I love Ghost types! Some of my favorite Pokemon are Palossand, Gourgeist, Chandelure, and Dhelmise. My absolute favorite Pokemon, however, is tied between Whimiscott and Lycanroc (Midday).

I'd say it's the Ghost type for me. Mismagius, Gengar and Chandelure are my most favorite ones out of that type. But they're not my number 1 favorite Pokemon though. Still, it's really hard to choose just one favorite Pokemon or type.

Grass types have always been a holder, to a special place in my heart. My first ever pokemon game was actually diamond (Stupidly enough, I had been a fan of pokemon LONG before that), and I started out with a turtwig. I've been loyal to the grass types since that.

I don't really have a favorite pokemon alone, some favorites would have to be mew, aegislash, and lucario. And bulbasaur, of course.

I never paid attention much to types, but I guess I really like Dragon, Grass, and Fighting.

I wasn't that big into the Dragon hype back then since they were so difficult to raise if you're playing casually (and Ghetis's Hydreigon is the most annoying thing I've met so far in a Pokemon game, and this is coming from a guy who's fought Whitney's Miltank). But ever since I raised a Haxorus, slapped it with Swords Dance and Dragon Dance and fought Ghetsis again, it OHKOed Hydreigon. Fell in love with Haxorus right after that.

Runner ups and previous favorite Pokemon would have to be Sceptile, Gallade and Bisharp. Because swords are cool.

...I also find Tyrunt cute.

My favorite type is ghost. Their designs tend to be awkwardly cute, especially Mimikyu. But my favorite pokemon is Goomy, that dragon blob is just soo adorable. Shame that goodra's design is kind of meh for me.

My favourite type is Poison! I did a full poison run of Omega Ruby not long ago, was great
My favourite Pokemon is Seviper, I love my cute lil snek

Type: My current favourite type is Water (used to be Ghost back in the day). Did a few runs with teams comprised of only Water type, and there are so many reasons why. They're bulky, have only two weaknesses (albeit very common), and are built to darn well last.

Pokemon: Toxapex. Was a part of one of few teams mentioned above. I had never really liked a wall before this thing, but then I used it. Send help. I couldn't stop using it after that day. It was too good. I just outright fell in love with the type combo and battle properties.

Ghost! I love the Ghost type for some reason. Maybe because I loved Haunter so much in the original series.

Type: My current favourite type is Water (used to be Ghost back in the day). Did a few runs with teams comprised of only Water type, and there are so many reasons why. They're bulky, have only two weaknesses (albeit very common), and are built to darn well last.

Pokemon: Toxapex. Was a part of one of few teams mentioned above. I had never really liked a wall before this thing, but then I used it. Send help. I couldn't stop using it after that day. It was too good. I just outright fell in love with the type combo and battle properties.

Before Fairy became a thing Dragon really only had one major weakness: Ice(although to be fair Dragon types are rare). I think Fairy was added precisely to better balance Dragon since Dragon is now weak to Fairy as well. I get your point about Water, though. Oftentimes some of my strongest on my team end up being Water types.

Honestly, I still think the dragon being weak to fairy is the FUNNIEST mental image to me.
"I am malagor, dragon of the seven stars! I destroy planets!"
>itty bitty fairy taps his nose
>1 hit KO

My favorite pokemon type is Ghost, with Poison and Electric being close contenders.
My favorite pokemon overall is Haunter; when I first saw them in the show Haunter had a great personality and a lot of charm and they were a real show-stealer during the whole Sabrina thing to the point they have never stopped being number one for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back