• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pokémon Travelers

It would be an hour before he could even so much as move, slightly thankful for that at least. Everything just ached beyond belief right now and just moving a few inches took a mountain of effort, all he saw was red thanks to blood clouding his vision as he would slowly stand up and look to get iris and Aqua, the latter of which still has the aura around them. He wasn't remotely sure what was stopping Aqua from ending him right there but he just continued on for now, getting the arrow from the currently unconscious bug's body he would also wander off now in the forest away from the now destroyed town. He wouldn't make it far though as the wounds would have him on the ground keeling against a tree holding Iris and Aqua just looking on, not doing a thing, Andy only able to guess she was in the same position of turmoil he was in and not able to help either of them at all.

If there was one thing about Ninny he wished was wrong now it would be how accurate she was with bow and arrows, the wound on iris was grave and in his current state he couldn't muster up the magic to handle them both, "I don't think I can save you this time Iris, you poor pokemon. Thanks at least sticking with me until now" his flickering wand only able to currently give off weak heal pulses at best right now as it was still bouncing from a very faded blue to a deep gray very few seconds as the aura and by essence, the bird, fight for control of his body. It killed him mentally but he had to put himself first this time, anything to stop a potential relapse and possibly terminal corruption.

After several minutes of walking, Ninny collapsed to the ground. The lost blood combined with the weight of her sorrow was too much. She still couldn't comprehend everything that happened. First thing's first, Turnover needed tending to. She quickly realized she had no idea what to do. She hated herself for wishing Andy were here. He would know what to do. Tears streamed down her face as she scrambled her mind for a solution. Turnover weakly scuttled over to nuzzle against Ninny. "Rest," came the feeble command from Ninny. Turnover closed his eyes as he went to sleep so his body could recover.

Ninny looked over at Cada's shell, which she still grasped in her hand. A fresh stream of tears carved a path down her cheeks. Stabby, now sheathed and unsure how to act, nuzzled against Ninny, much in the manner of Turnover. After a few moments, Ninny gathered herself. She picked herself back up and began searching for a decent place to lay Cada to rest. She eventually found a small, pretty tree on the inside bend of a nearby river. She knew Cada would have liked that tree. It was young, still growing. It's branches reaching to the sky, its future still full of possibilities. She spent some time gathering rocks and leaves to decorate it while Stabby helped dig a small hole. Once the deed was done, Ninny lay next to the grave. She curled up to spend a few more moments with Cada as she dozed off.

She woke up to some pain some time later. How long it had been she wasn't sure. She knew she was in pain though. It was coming from her side where the shadow spear that hit her earlier. She reached down to touch herself, only to be met with more pain. Her hand showed that the wound was still bleeding. Ninny figured that was a bad sign. She rose to a sitting position, which took some effort. She removed her cloak, bag, weapons and leather armor, laying them next to the river. She lifted her shirt to inspect the wound. She wasn't a medic, like Andy, but she didn't think there should be so many strange colors in a wound.

Ninny didn't have much to help. She had a change of clothes, as well as her sleeping bag. She didn't carry any bandages. She never thought she needed to. She thought she'd always have Andy to patch her up. But he wasn't here. She removed her tunic, revealing several bruises around her upper body from all the dodging around she did, with her body hitting the ground. Her toned body tensed as she poked and prodded. She tore her bloodied shirt into strips, preparing to bandage herself with those. A cool breeze caused goosebumps to form across her chest as she began. She had always wanted a larger chest growing up, but now, as she was bandaging herself, albeit rather sloppily, she was thankful she was rather modest. She also noticed her skin was growing rather pale from blood loss. As she worked to tend to her injuries, she turned her head to see someone approaching, though she didn't have the energy to further act.

Andy would only get a bit of rest during this, after about another hour of weak heal pulses he could at least somewhat move now. Though that wasn't the first thing on his mind, he turns to check on Iris who hadn't even twitched during this time. The faded color and blood near him only confirming she had indeed died while he was tending to himself. H holds her close shedding tears for her as he looked upon her now lifeless body, "May you find peace in the realm of Arceus Iris. I am glad to have known you and hope you enjoyed your time with me, though i do wish it hadn't come to such a bitter end" he mumbles lightly as a sort of short eulogy for her. He would then begin to move again going through the forest at an agonizingly slow pace, still in pain from Ninny's attacks earlier.

Carrying the body of the bug, as well as aqua, who he guessed, was having a nightmare while asleep thanks to her tossing and turning, he continues moving on slowly through the forest the area decently green contrasting with how he looked at the moment. Thankfully, he did manage to bandage himself up as well though had to improvise as his medical supplies were discarded, and so used his shirt to make a tourniquet to cover and pull together the wound on his chest, most likely if that came undone he would be dead in moments. He would be looking for Ninny specifically, thanks to remembering Cada and how he was impaled, he did have wonder guard though, did that help him survive.

As he arrives in a little clearing with a flowering tree at about sunset, he gets his answer as he spots the tiny grave by the river and goes sullen "So he is a victim of us due to that bird as well...I don't know if you can forgive me Cada, but may you rest in peace." another tear is shed for the bug type and he takes a minute to compose himself before heading over to a Ninny trying to bandage herself, "I see you at least paid some attention while i was doing bandages" he remarks, "If you hadn't, you would already be dead" this meant as a compliment albeit a dark one, as he patches up her patchwork bandaging jobs on herself and Turnover (assuming that dragon even allowed it).

"She is gone as well" would be his next remark before looking to get his own grave dug for Iris a bit away from Cada's but still within proximity, as this was a gesture as well, both pokemon had a piece of their owners with them and at least the owners were once friends. He wasn't sure how Ninny would even perceive such a thing but was just hoping perhaps the death of 2 partners would help bring them together, he did have darker thoughts in mind but was determined to keep those away at this time of grief for them both.

A small fire would burn in Ninny's eyes as she recognized Andy approaching. If she had the strength, she would have leapt at him and thrust a blade through his heart. She didn't even have the strength to stand. Her pale skin and the glean of cold sweat covering her was evidence of that. Ninny wouldn't be embarrassed by her bare skin, even under more ideal situations, so she made no move to cover up. This was also to her advantage. As Andy crouched down to start working on her bandages, she placed her fingers around a dagger hidden within the folds of her nearby cloak. Though, at the mention of the fate of Iris, she found she no longer had the will. Had she really just killed Andy's Ladyba? What did that make her? Was she no better?

Her thoughts would roam, the turbulence in her head matched the yanks and jerks of her body as Andy moved and tugged on the bandages about her. Tears would continue to stream as she tried to process the events. A fresh sob wracks her body as she recalls what she was going to tell Andy. The thing she was going to say to fix everything. The thing she was going to say to him... before. It was too late now. She was going to tell him that she loves him. That no matter what the future held, she would be a better person, as long as he was in her life. She was going to tell him how much she needed him. It was too late for that now. The overwhelming sadness overwhelmed her. As Andy finished his work, she allowed her head to rest against his chest. As she nestles against him, her thoughts start to vomit out of her, "What happened to us? Ah(are) we bad people? How do we move past this? What happened? How can we..." She didn't even pause for breathes between questions. Her voice rose into a near panic until Andy interrupted her.

Andy heaves a sigh holding a finger to her to stop her from talking, "No, we aren't bad people but that damned bird...it took advantage of us!" he had to stop himself just after this in order to fight back the rage as that aura crept its way into him again." NO! You are NOT taking control of me again !" he then tries to calmly continue with Ninnys batch of questions while she rests her weary head, "it's going to be a long while" he frowns not sure exactly how to move past this himself, "We just take it one day at a time" he explains as soft as he could, that rage still there both from birds influence and now from Iris' and Cada's death both of which were completely unneeded and that drove a stake through his heart so to speak.

"Perhaps you may not give a damn about me anymore, but I'm truly sorry for what i have done to Cada, bird influence or not i should have been stronger to protect them both." a stream of tears now comes from after this unsure of what else to even say for the moment. They both needed time to decompress from these events. He would reach for his wand again more to help even slightly with Aqua's restless nightmare which does get her to stop thrashing around so much but it would still be there, that shadowy aura around Marill being a constant reminder of what he bore witness to and help cause.

He couldn't take it, that needed to go NOW if Ninny ever fell asleep it wouldn't be for long as andy would walk away from a small distance away from her with Aqua and the wand, make a sort of dome around the two and just meditate for a while. This would be in preparation for when she woke up.

"I lost Iris...I'm not losing you too Aqua, under any circumstances. I would rather die than have that happen...Give me everything you have, let out all of that shadow induced rage that was forced inside you...If i do perish, I trust Ninny to take care of you" with that he closes his eyes and waits.

Once she does wake up there is no delay in her smacking the only available target as well as trying to break the dome via the various shadow moves or aqua tail or any other move she could muster, neither Aqua nor Ninny and her pokemon were meant to get through that, and if it faded without his volition, that meant he was dead. She kept on going now using him as the target of her attacks for a solid 2 minutes before stopping due to tiredness, Andy holding her as close as possible while he again coughs up blood and takes very shallow breaths but is still alive "It seems Giratina isn't ready for me yet." The aura would be gone from Aqua for now though, the mouse looking at him with absolute shock and dismay at his appearance. "This...is not your fault, you will not be alone...in...this" he then collapses in a heap after dispelling this dome. Aqua wailing thinking she just killed her longtime partner. The only thing audible aside from possibly Ninny woud be the pulses coming from the wand still, though they would be much slower now.

Ninny listened to Andy in silence. She could not bring herself to speak. She felt like she would unravel if she did. Like the fibers of her body would literally unravel. All she could manage was to bring her arms around Andy and sob until she fell asleep, weak from blood loss and exhaustion from grief. She wouldn't be aware of Andy, in his usual respectful manner, redressing her and wrapping her up in her cloak before laying her down to rest. She would be entirely oblivious to the nightmares Andy faces, as she faces her own nightmares in her sleep.

In the morning, the first thing Ninny would see would be Andy. Of course, in her usual oblivious fashion, she hadn't realized that Andy had dressed her or that he was awake. She was just happy to be near him. In this moment, the horrors of the previous day had been momentarily forgotten. Nothing more than a bad dream. She gingerly placed her arm around him, bringing her cloak up to tuck him in. She would then plan to pretend to be asleep until he woke up, despite him already being awake.

Aside from the collapse thanks to Aqua, he had been up the whole night, his nightmares keeping him from getting any real sleep during this time. Perhaps even the planet was seeming to mourn Iris as that night in spite of all of this, there were many stars in the sky, a few ledyba, and a lone Ledian flying along, Andy shed a few more tears and waves to the bugs before settling down with Ninny for the rest of the night. Right now he didn't really want to move but knew he had to, this no doubt waking up Ninny as she was just pretending, "We really should get going now Ninny " he says with a bit of a groan. He wasn't annoyed at her, quite the opposite right now, more just mentally spent from his ongoing fight with the nightmarish aura, it just wouldn't go away and his mental fortitude was waning heavily now. One thing that did keep him going was the ecstatic squeal from Aqua once he sees him actually move around, "I'm sorry about that Aqua but im not letting you face that alone " he says again cradling her gently as she snivels, "Though i need everyone's attention please" his posture looked awful right now, more akin to a hunchback as all this weight was on him right now, breathing would be labored, eyes half closed and a severe headache as the only thing working on overdrive was his brain.

"When i go mad again, do anything and everything to stop me, even if that means killing me . I don't want this... " looking to the trees that marked the burial sites of Iris and Cada, "...to happen again, are we clear?" Of course, the poor mouse didn't want to do that and shook her head no, "You are very sweet Aqua but if you don't help with that, it...may result in your death too. I wouldn't live with myself if that happened" at this, she very reluctantly nods her head yes. "I know this hurts , believe me, but as long as this is around we need to keep each other sane." Another look of shock crosses her face at this while he hugs her again, "I ask you to do this because I trust you with mine and Ninny's lives" Marilll trying to give him the biggest hug she can...in case it was their last.

"I think there is a town northwest of here that can expel this aura, but its going to be probably 2 days given my current state to get there" he sighed, "I just hope we can survive till then."

Andy stirred, saying, "We really should get going now, Ninny." To which Ninny would flinch slightly, wondering if he knew she was awake before he spoke. She gave a half-hearted apology as she sat up, wincing in the lingering pain in her side. She felt sad at the mention of their recently deceased partner. Their names brought back the nightmare. It caused Ninny to act awkwardly around Andy. It's like she no longer knew how to act. She would continue to listen in silence, though she had so many questions. What was this bird he spoke of? What is the shadowy aura? Why would he go mad again? What was this town? How would it help?

Ninny would slowly gather her things as Andy spoke. She tucked Turnover, still asleep from using Rest the night before, in her cloak. Stabby, well, Ninny wasn't sure if she had to even sleep or eat. At least, she's never witnessed Stabby do either of these things. For the time being, Stabby was content residing in her sheath at Ninny's side. At the mention of Andy's hope of survival, Ninny looked at him, a serious look in her eyes, "We'll beat this, whatevah this is. We have to." She wasn't sure what she would do if she lost her best friend to this darkness. She wasn't even aware that she herself not only contained it, but used it herself. The previous day was all a blur of things that didn't make sense to her.

Andy would get ready and start to depart to the northwest once everyone was good and ready. Things were still racing in his head too but he had been able to piece things together slowly, as for Ninny's understandable confusion, he would try addressing that next. "Heard you heard of Yveltal, the bird of destruction? It is a black and red that looks to cause wanton destruction and influencing others to destroy everything around them. I will go mad again because ever since I broke through to get you to not kill me, I've been mentally trying to keep that at bay and I'm honestly exhausted from doing this. The town I'm referring to is Magnolia City, there is a giant tree in the outskirts of the city that is called the Tree of Life, it's rumored to have the ability to expel and purify dark auras caused by the bird."

"A-also I don't know if you know this but you also have that aura Ninny" he frowns "I saw it flare up within you before we started attacking each other. This surely would get Ninny riled up which may have been a bad idea.

We'll beat this, whatevah this is. We have to. He was glad someone was confident about thus as it certainly wasn't Andy, he was terrified about when that would decide to flare up again. He gives a look to his mouse, who now decided to catch a nap while he is holding her. She would be in a much better state than the night before.

"She is just an angel right now" looking at her caused him pain thinking on what could happen to her when he lost himself again " Don't lose it, don't lose it" he continues telling himself over and over again while they move slowly to Magnolia City.

Ninny would listen carefully to Andy as he spoke. "I thought Yveltal was a myth!?" Ninny's shock nearly caused her to miss what he said next. She lowered her head when Andy mentioned her own dark aura. "Does that mean Yveltal has been controlling me as well?" questioned Ninny, sadness and fear in her voice. She still didn't quite understand the situation. How some mythical bird could control people, nor how a tree could save them. None of it made any sense to her. She gave an exasperated sigh as a thought came to her. She wished they had stayed in their home village.

There was a strange tension between them as they travelled. Ninny wasn't her usual cheery self. She felt like she had no idea how to act around Andy anymore. She knew she craved what they used to have though. "At least the weather is nice, huh?" this was followed with an awkward chuckle, the strain from the tension could be heard in her voice. She looked at the ground, regretting trying to speak.

"Does that mean Yveltal has been controlling me as well?"

Andy could frown as Ninny spoke this, "That is very possible" he admits He was sure enough to at least say that as if Yveltal wasn't doing that then things would take an even darker turn, he visibly shudders upon thinking of that. Andy having the same thought of just going back to days long past right now, the current situation was just awkward to put it lightly.

Ninny wasn't cheery, Andy is now hyper focused on keeping the influence of the bird away, the tension so thick one could cut it with knives, it was just so out of place. "At least the weather is nice, huh?"

"Yeah, at least it is nice out" he would respond the best he could, looking away after a few minutes as another thought hit him "Poor Ninny, sorry i ended up being the one to take away any innocence you had left about the world. It's true what they say about it being a many splendid thing; now that its gone for both of us...i miss it." in the past, there was that hint of innocence from them both like they could just deal with whatever comes their way with a positive attitude and some witty banter between each other. That was now gone and in its place was a deafening silence.

Soon night comes around again with Andy letting out a yawn as they near an open cave, worse the weather had deteriorated thanks to some storm clouds rolling in, "We should stop for the night and camp here" he nods heading into the cave now and almost immediately going right to sleep, though like usual this is plagued by nightmares again.

Ninny could tell by Andy's response that what they had before was lost. She was frightened. She wondered if they would ever be able to regain what they once had. Or at least be able to talk with each other again. She turned her head, a tear running down her cheek at the thought of losing her best friend. She didn't want Andy to see her like that. Little else was said during their travels, though Turnover would wake at some point and fly around, gathering his own food. Stabby seemed perfectly content riding along in her sheath.

As the Sun lowered, Andy had found them a cave to rest in for the night. Andy would settle in quickly, falling asleep. Ninny couldn't blame him, she too was exhausted. As she settled down herself she heard a noise. A short, high pitched squeak. Nervous that they might not be alone, Ninny explored further into the cave. It was dark and hard to see, so she moved slowly. She would wince in pain as the tiny fangs of a small Noibat sunk into her ankle. It wasn't unbearable pain. The creature was small and weak.

The Noibat gave a squealing growl as it tried to shake its head and tug at her leg. Ninny just looked down at it puzzlingly. She didn't even try to shake it off. The Noibat backed up. It gave a small rawr at Ninny. It beat its wings, and obvious sign of wanting to battle. It reminded Ninny of Cada when she first met him. Cada was a rambunctious Nincada, always ready to fight. The memory brought Ninny to tears. She knelt down. The Noibat charged in for a tackle. Ninny grabbed it in an embrace, holding it tightly against her chest. For a moment the Noibat struggled, trying to attack. Then it ended up taking comfort in the warmth of Ninny. It relaxed, even snuggled against her. Ninny would find out that the Noibat was a female, and ended up naming her Serenity. An odd contrast, since Serenity never actually shut up. Even as Ninny fell asleep with her she would yip and squeak. Ninny felt it was a wonder that Andy didn't wake because of it.

He didn't wake due to noise but instead due to the constant pressure from that aura again, and this time he was too mentally spent to resist it anymore. The shadow aura would suddenly flare up again getting several worried squeaks from a formerly sleeping Aqua. While writhes in pain Aqua would just get to work, though she would absolutely loathe doing it.

Andy again launches into a destructive rage now going for Aqua as the main target using mainly shadow blasts and spears most in succession. While she could avoid the blades of shadow energy a spear does make contact lodging itself into her belly, Aqua now smacking him back with an Aqua tail and hydro pump giving crying squeaks all the while. Ninny would possibly be stirred by all this commotion and if so she could help as well, "I'm sorry, i'm sorry I'm sorry" was all he could muster from within while his body continues throwing various shadow based attacks at his friends.

Ninny was woken from the sounds of battle. Her natural instincts kicked in, causing her to jump quickly to her feet. This caused a shot of pain from her still healing side, and a yip of protest from Serenity. She was quick to react, taking only a moment to survey the situation. Having slept with her cloak still on due to the cold nights from the coming winter, she already had easy access to her daggers. She threw one now, intending to intercept an attack headed for Aqua.

The anger she held during her last battle was gone, replaced with concern. She now had to attack and attempt to disable Andy without injuring him. Using her foot, she gently scooped up Turnover and kicked him into the air, where he caught himself with his open wings, ready for instructions. As she dashed towards Andy, she instructed Turnover to use Dragon Breathe in an attempt to paralyze Andy, and if that failed, perhaps obstruct his view for a bit. She instructed Stabby to use Autotomize so she would be lighter and easier to swing. It would make her deal less damage, since there would be less weight behind the swing, but also make her easier to maneuver, which makes blocking easier. Ninny would then prepare to duck or dodge an attack, should Andy send one her way, and slip past it to kick at his knee to bring him down.

He actually doesn't send one Ninnys way at all, whether this was on purpose or if Andy inwardly was trying to exercise some amount of control was unknown, the interception this time doesn't work for Ninny, the daggers are just a bit off target for now, however, her knee strike would at least get him to buckle for a bit, thankfully not snapping his leg from the kick. The dragon breath does make contact but does not paralyze much to her probable annoyance. Andy still solely targeting Aqua for the moment with a shadow storm this time, the twister was smaller but more precise, and more precise, when it came to this, was actually a good thing. It meant he was even now still trying to injure as few people or pokemon as possible.

Andy still trying to at least not just bring the cave down with them as his body fired off attack after attack. Aqua meanwhile is just trying to basically tank these hits not wanting to hurt him, which she does take these but not without severe bruising now the mouse after this would do something either unexpected, that being to start singing lightly, a bit discordant given her stress but she really was not going to hurt him, just stop him from attacking mainly her for now.

Last edited:
Ninny landed a kick on Andy's knee, causing him to buckle for a moment. Unfortunately, it was only a moment. He quickly got back up and continued launching attacks. Ninny acted just as quickly. She grabbed onto Andy. Positioning her legs, she yanked, bringing him to his knees. She wrapped her arms tightly around him, pinning his arms against his chest. It certainly helped that she was taller than him. In the meantime, Aqua had begun what appeared to be a desperate to calm Andy down with a Sing.

Turnover's flapping would slow until he plummeted to the ground, sound asleep. Similarly, Stabby would clang against the ground. Serenity, being immune to sound-based attacks, was the only one unaffected. Andy and Ninny slowly drifted off into a slumber, collapsing to the floor. Serenity seemed rather unsure of what just happened. She scooted her way over to Ninny, who was now pinned underneath Andy. Serenity walked around, investigating. She spent several minutes walking between everyone, checking up on them, curious. She spent a short time chatting with Aqua, though the mouse seemed to be preoccupied and didn't want to play. She thought it was some sort of game. Soon though, she grew bored. She tried squawking. Nothing. A high pitched squeal. Nothing. Frustrated, Serenity erupted into an Uproar.

The Uproar seemed to have done the trick. Ninny got up with a start. She was wondering where the noise was coming from. After quickly identifying Serenity as the source of noise, she rushed over to try and soothe her. Turnover and Stabby both also woke with a start. Fully awake, they were both ready again for battle. Though it seemed as though everything had resolved itself. They both found the noise irritating.

That it was, she would rather bring him down without causing damage if possible, thankfully the sing actually works, albeit a bit too well as not only Andy but everyone minus Serenity was affected by the lullaby. During the time that everyone was asleep, Aqua spent it crying her eyes out at whats become of her trainer, sure it worked this time but what if that happened again, would it even affect him then? The mouse now just cuddled up next to Andy sobbing into him while Serenity would try talking to her, which she would reject as gently as possible, now wasn't the time to play but unlike the rest of them, this bat was innocent. Explaining what is going on would take that away.

They soon wake up via a loud screeching noise, kinda like a baby's wailing, though this would just be Serenity using uproar. "So i'm myself again...But for how long?" Andy then addresses everyone, "Thank you, one and all that help during that..." he wanted to say something else but it just never came out of his mouth, "I really don't deserve any of you guys" his head was hanging low the whole time, Aqua trying to nuzzle him to get him to at least not so depressed, it doesn't really help in that regard. When he does look up after about 3 minutes, he then notices Serenity, "I see you got a noibat while i was asleep" he nods to Ninny with approval, "Is..everyone ready to move on?" and now day 2 of carrying the weight of guilt thanks to earlier begins anew.

Ninny finally got Serenity to calm down. When Andy thanked everyone, she responded with a worried look. She didn't have any witty quip. No silly retort. She didn't know what to say. When Andy mentioned her new partner, Ninny turned her head away. She was so frustrated with herself. Get it together, Minerva! she would tell herself. She popped up, scooping Serenity in her arms. She held her out to show her off, "This is Serenity! She's feisty like Cada!" Ninny tried to must all the happy she could, but the best she got was a strained smile as she held Serenity, dangling and squeaking in her hands.

As they traveled to Magnolia, there would be little that happened, even in the way of conversation. There were a few snippets of awkward conversation. There were a few moments where Ninny would struggle to quiet the noisy Serenity that Andy and her would share a laugh over. Ninny cherished those moments. They almost felt like old times. They would sleep once more, though Ninny would stay up the whole night to watch over Andy. Ninny would wonder if Serenity ever slept, as she even yipped in her sleep. With little else slowing them down, Andy and a sleep deprived Ninny would be approaching Magnolia City.

"I bet she is, getting a little strained chuckle out of Andy, "Given how she recently woke us up" he nods. The day would progress more like those of the past, tiny little quips from Ninny even if they were a bit awkward, a few moments of Serenity being a noisy Noibat getting more relaxed chuckles from Andy. It was almost like older times but he knew that that wasn't exactly the case, he eventually have another night of restless sleep in which he tosses and turns, the only things easing this being Aqua cuddling him like a security blanket and Ninny staying up like a watchful sentry which he only saw once during his rather restless night.

Regardless he voices no complaints given Ninny was actually up the entire night and in the morning the two arrive to a city bathed in green, flowers in bloom or blooming all over as well as people in mainly robes of white and blue stripes that form an X or while to greenish white robes with flowrs adorning the bottom halves. "This city gives homage to Xearneas and Shaymin as you may guess. The tree of life itself is on the outskirts of the city" Andy notes looking up to a giant tree in the distance that was a vivid green. The area around it like most of the city was flooded in many colorful flowers of different times that would give off light frangrances.

They had finally entered the city. Usually by this point Ninny was already off causing mischief. Not this time. She had important things she needed to do. The darkness inside Andy needed to be taken care of. She would do whatever it took to make sure that happened. When Andy mentioned Shaymin and Xerneas Ninny responded, "I think I wememba(remember) heawing(hearing) about them. Who ah they again?" Ninny always struggled in school. Andy had spent much of their time trying to tutor Ninny as a child. To both of their disappointment, it bore little fruit.

A warm, gentle breeze blew through, carrying the scent of flowers as Ninny listened to Andy. "So, wheah's(where's) this magical twee thing? We gotta get wid of this shadow stuff. Maybe we can cleanse me aftah(after)," Ninny asked. She was keen on getting this over with. Though, she had no idea what they would do afterwards. Should they try to get revenge? Or should they cut their losses and hightail it somewhere safe? That didn't matter now. There was only one thing that mattered. That one thing was Andy.

"To shorten things a bit Shaymin and Xerneas are both mythicals of life, Xerneas being more life in general and shaymin being more a guardian of nature, though both should be able to help with this," he said trying to make things as simple as possible. Getting to the tree wasn't too much of an issue, aside from the stares from others as only a few had any inkling about what was going on with Andy specifically, that aura still being somewhat detectable for those more in touch with either mythical mon.

The area around the tree itself overall gave off a calming vibe one Andy could actually relax in. "For once I don't feel that weight trying to force its way to the surface," somewhat relieved, "I'd imagine this for either of this would take a few hours to a day" he guesses " We can at least somewhat relax for now."

It goes from a rather uneventful day to another starlit night, by now both teens and Aqua would have faint green auras emanating from them though only 2 of these seem to be drawing out the shadow aura with it.

Outside from within the flowers, a tiny little green hedgehog pokemon would eye the two not making themselves physically known yet. Inwardly there was a sort of war going on for Andy's mind between Yeveltal, Andy, Aqua and Shaymin who was really there in spirit at this point. Thanks to this though he could at least help Aqua in driving this bird all the way out of his subconscious. A bit of a restless period follows for Andy and then the mouse, after what felt like an eternity Andy's bit with that darn bird is over but there was still Aqua to handle.

After his war of influence ends he wakes up now feeling much more relaxed, looking to a still restless Aqua he would retrieve his wand, which now immediately flares to life in vivid light blue and start casting heal pulses again, now these have everyone in bright pink light though it was mainly centered on his partner

Aqua was getting tired, nearing the end of her rope trying to hold back the bird in her subconcious, the green aura from the tree and shaymin helped but just wasn't quite enough. Another guttural cry comes from it as it flares up with darkness again throwing her back. It then looks to use another oblivion wing to perhaps irreversibly take control of her.

"NOT THIS TIME YOU BASTARD!" booms a voice before that violet energy is met with vivid pink. It now wouldn't be much of a beam clash as the bird gets pretty much incinerated by the pink blast before the area turns to calming blue color. Outside, after this, Aqua would settle down, Andy cradling her for the rest of the night.

Ninny agreed. She did feel somewhat relaxed. She was anxious to be rid of the darkness in her, as well as expelling it from Andy and Aqua. She followed him to the tree. Unsure of what to do, she just followed Andy's example. As she sat there, waiting for something to happen, she soon became disappointed. It seemed as though Andy and Aqua had begun battling to remove the darkness, but, she wondered, why hadn't she felt anything?

Eventually, Andy seemed to claim his victory. Though Aqua still struggled. Andy used his magic to aid the mouse until a shadow erupted from her. With a final effort and a flash of light it was done. Andy and Aqua were purged of the darkness. Once they were done, Ninny would comment, "Wild, huh?" A nervous chuckle escaped her. She wanted to ask if she was doing something wrong, but ended up remaining silent on the matter. She just hoped Andy didn't ask her if she had purged the darkness from herself. She was terrified. Why hadn't it worked?

"Yeah, very much so. What about you ?" he remarks almost immediately after things settle down for a bit. Now that they were free at least they could actually relax for now and didn't feel that weight crashing down around them all the time, now the main thing was Ninny getting rid of that feeling as well. Andy now just staying by Ninny as time continues to pass. After a while, Andy would look to Ninny and give a little smile to her, one more reminiscent of the times before, not innocent but very much more relaxed.

"How do you feel now Ninny, did you get rid of that Aura within you?" he would look to her with a hopeful expression as he asks.

Last edited:
"Yeah, got it out wight befowe(right before) you!" Ninny lied. Her breathe caught in her throat. She had just lied. When was this a thing she did, she wondered? What caused her to feel the need to lie? She never lied to Andy. She lied because she was afraid of Andy. Of losing him. Their relationship was strained at best. Ninny felt like if Andy knew nothing happened, if he knew that she couldn't get rid of the darkness, that he would hate her. He would leave her.

For the rest of the day Ninny would wander the city, unsure of what to do. She would normally be getting up to some mischief at this point. She just couldn't bring her thoughts away from her lying to Andy. What would he do if he found out? The thought terrified her. So, she just spent her time wandering, deep in thought.

"That's great to hear," he says relieved for her now, though the day wasn't over for Andy at all, for him the rest of the day was spent honing his mind even more. He couldn't have that bird invade his headspace again under any circumstances. Along with that he realized he had to essentially start over with medical supplies, and at the worst time too with all the towns he wiped off the region's map. During the evening he would gather some herbs again from the outskirts of the town, though now thanks to the bird his reputation was now dead in the water, he expected people now to see him as the spawn of either Yveltal or Giratina , neither one being a good omen.

It would be back to the tree again as night starts falling in Magnoliga, Andy and Aqua alone this time in their own thoughts for now when some rustling would be heard. Andy heading slowly over to the sound of the noise to see a small white pokemon with a little flowering bush on its back, though Andy already knew this as, "Shaymin?"

"Yes, i guard the tree along with Xereneas though having him show up here would cause quite a stir with a certain blackbird." Andy already knowing what it meant by that.

The fact Shaymin spoke via telepathy wasn't new as most legends chose to do this, but having it actually happen was still a bit weird at first and he needed a second to recompose himself. "I know, i was already under its control and I don't want to have that happen again" both trainer and pokemon shutter at this, "It already resulted in 2 pokemon friends' deaths"

"That is indeed tragic, that bird and its followers need to be stopped before they cause more problems that could result in the region just being destroyed as a whole"

"I can imagine but right now, we just aren't ready to deal with that yet"
he would sigh heavily at this as this would give them a lot more time just cause more chaos.

"For now, just make yourselves stronger, both you and your friend. it would be foolish to ry and stop them now"

"She already is quite strong herself"

"Yes but she stilll needs help as well, But on another note, that bird will come here surely not sure when but can we count you both of you to help with defending the tree? With all the shadow pokemon it can make, things would be hectic...and we aren't incorruptible ourselves."

a bit of a surprising fact from Shaymin but still, "Yes, you can count on us for that then Shaymin." the little hedgehog from then darts off leaving him with a bit of a question as to what it meant by Ninny needing help. After tht he looks to head out of the town for the moment while the night is still young

Users who are viewing this thread

Back