• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Pokémon Travelers

Ninny spent the day roaming around the town. As night rolled in, she wondered how Andy was doing. She decided to search for him. Serenity yapped the whole time. Turnover tucked himself into Ninny's cloak in an attempt to hide from the chatter, though Stabby didn't seem to mind.

She searched high and low, but couldn't manage to find Andy. She wonders if he had left her. She wouldn't blame him. With the darkness still inside of her, she wondered if she were evil. She had never thought about things like this before, but she wondered if people were born good or evil. If that were true, does that mean she's destined to hurt the ones she loves? Were Turnover, Serenity and Stabby in danger as well? Is that why Cada died? As she was roaming around, deep in her ruminations, she found herself back at the tree. Nearby, she had noticed a small green puffball with a flower on top. She moved in closer to inspect it, that's when she heard a voice in her head.

"You still have Yvetals darkness within you, that is troubling. Do you want to get rid of it?" this meant more to make sure Ninny wanted to in the first place. "Either way it seems it's more attuned to you than it was to your friend, as long as you want to be rid of that, they can be safe. Does your friend know you still have this influence on you?"

The voice then for the moment stops speaking to let her answer. The green hedgehog is currently in its land forme while looking to Ninny with a bit of concern.

The voice inside her head gave Ninny a shock. She hadn't expected that. She had always neglected her lessons, so she didn't realize the green puffball was actually the legendary Pokémon, Shaymin. "What? Is that you talking?" asked Ninny. A quick glance around showed her that no one else was talking to her, and the small creature was clearly focused on her. She also didn't realize she could reply with her own thoughts, so she continued speaking out loud, "I did the ceremony with Andy. Are you the one that got rid of the darkness for him and his partner? Why didn't you get rid of it from me, too?" Ninny's voice grew angry.

When Shaymin asked if Andy knew, Ninny lowered her head in shame. She's not sure why, but she felt like she should answer the creature truthfully, "I lied to him. I told him I got rid of it. I don't know what to do. I feel like he will hate me. I just want to get rid of this darkness. I don't want to be evil." Tears began forming in Ninny's eyes. She was furious, but also filled with grief.

"I did the ceremony with Andy. Are you the one that got rid of the darkness for him and his partner? Why didn't you get rid of it from me, too?"

"I couldn't get rid of it for you sadly. Like I said before, it seems Yvetal has a tighter hold on you than Andy" Shaymin's voice never raising above a calm tone while Ninny rather understandably rages. "I'm not exactly sure why though."

"I lied to him. I told him I got rid of it. I don't know what to do. I feel like he will hate me. I just want to get rid of this darkness. I don't want to be evil."

Upon hearing this, Shaymin would frown in probably the most prominent display of 'im not mad just disappointed.' "You don't know how he will react until you tell him, but, you are putting everyone in danger should that completely resurface again." it chides her "You're not evil, that bird is; you do need to tell him right now."

Ninny hung her head at Shaymin's words. She could tell it was disappointed in her. She was disappointed in herself. She's never lied to him before. "You think I should tell him the truth?" Ninny asked the creature. A noise startled Ninny. She turned her head to see a bird settling in the tree. She sighed, unsure of so many things. She used to be so confident. She feels as though she lost a part of herself in the past few days.

It seemed as though, perhaps, Shaymin wanted her to rely on Andy to stop her, should the darkness ever take over, as it had done with him in the past. That's what she thought, at least. She turned back to Shaymin and asked another question, "What can I do about this darkness?"

"You think I should tell him the truth?"

Shaymin gives a nod, "Yes you should, at the very least you would know how he really feels after you do this. As for what to do about this darkness yourself, perhaps being unsure of yourself came with being unsure of Ady when the darkness took him over? As for getting rid of it, telling him the truth may at least start helping that as the bird grows stronger with negative emotions, lies deception and the like, if you don have anything to hide from those you care for, you definitely won't be helping it that's for sure."

Ninny hung her head in shame. So, it seemed, her best bet at besting the bird was to return to her old self. Her old, chipper, joyous, mischievous self. What an irony that was. It also seemed an impossibly huge step. Though Ninny would try. She had to. For Andy. For Cada. For Iris. For the ones she loved that were still living. She looked back up to Shaymin, a new fire in her eyes, "Do you know where we can find that damned bird?" Once she got her answer, she would seek out Andy.

Ninny didn't know where Andy was, but she would keep searching until she found him. They setting sun didn't help things either. Although the city was certainly beautiful as the light washed over the landscape. After some time asking people around town, she eventually managed to track down Andy. It seemed he was on his way out of the city. Ninny wondered if he was going to leave her. The thought saddened her. "Wait! Andy! I have something I need to tell you," she called out as she waved her hand to get his attention.

I'm glad to see you at least took some thought into my words, i do not know exactly where the bird is but it should be in a place light dosen't reach" the green puffball doing its best to at least provide a clue without her rush off and confront the bird right then and there. As Ninny headed off, Shaymin would blend back into the grass.

Andy would be on his way out of the city and into the setting sun, his task just being to look for another pokemon. Aqua with him stil on his shoulder right where she liked it. As he heads out he hears a voice behind him "Wait! Andy! I have something I need to tell you," it was Ninny's voice.

"What is it Ninny, is everything alright?" he asks looking to her with a bit of concern

"What is it Ninny, is everything alright?" asked Andy with concern in his voice.

Tears would begin to form in Ninny's eyes at the sound of his voice. She didn't want him to hate her, but she felt as though he would. Still, she continued, "I- I lied to you earlier. Nothing happened during the ceremony. I still have that darkness inside of me. I-" She paused as a shudder wracked body. She fought to stop her tears from flowing. "I thought you might hate me. I don't know what I would do if I lost you, Andy. Because- W-well, I-" Fresh tears started to stream down her face. They splashed against the ground like the first few drops of rain. "Because I love you."

Her voice was shaking now along with her body. She had finally admitted to Andy what she had felt weeks earlier. They had been childhood friends, and grew up to be best friends. She was certain she had ruined their friendship. It devastated her. She covered her mouth with a hand, as though she could stop whatever was happening from happening.

"I- I lied to you earlier. Nothing happened during the ceremony. I still have that darkness inside of me. I- "I thought you might hate me. I don't know what I would do if I lost you, Andy. Because- W-well, I- "Because I love you."

Andy would listen to this whole thing without interrupting her, his expression getting more concerned as he hears that the darkness is still inside of her which made it for her a clear and present danger. The reason why was more of a shock, she loved him?

"Why would you lie about something like that, especially with the reason you just said which is, a shock to say the least." now trying not to raise his voice at what was currently a terrified child. He wasn't sure how to react to Ninny's ending sentence considering no one had ever said that to him barring his family. Andy now sighs in some thought on how to proceed from here, he wasn't leaving her, definitely not now. they have been together too long. "Well then, like you were being my rock, for my period with that bird, i shall be yours," he tries assuring her, he was still disappointed in the fact he lied to her, but now wasn't time to be yelling at her, that bird was influencing her in ways he didn't like and he wanted the old Ninny back. If that meant having to curtail her urges and perhaps subduing her if she went full on shadow, he would do that.

He then goes to hug her, Aqua joining in on this, "You said it yourself, we have to get through this. We will do that together. Are you still with me?"

"Why would you lie about something like that, especially with the reason you just said which is, a shock to say the least," Andy said. This caused Ninny to shrink back a bit. His scolding of her made her fearful that he would hate her. That he would leave her. She felt like she didn't know who she was without him. They've always been together.

"Well then, like you were being my rock, for my period with that bird, I shall be yours," said Andy. Ninny fell to her knees at these words. Tears flowed freely from her face. Her relief was immense. "I'm sorry I lied!" she cried, "I thought you would hate me, that you would leave me! I was so scared! I'm sorry!" She said between sobs.

Then Andy hugged her and the world was right again. Even Aqua joined in. Turnover crept from his spot inside Ninny's cloak to nuzzle between them. Serenity would never miss an opportunity for a snuggle, so she tried to pry her way into their hug. Stabby, unsure of how to even give a hug, would just push herself against their arms.

"You said it yourself, we have to get through this. We will do that together. Are you still with me?" said Andy. "I'll always be with you," said Ninny. Her voice was just a whisper, but she's never meant anything more than she had at that moment. What Shaymin had mentioned earlier had totally slipped her mind. She was just enjoying the moment. After a short time had passed, she would say, "What do we do now, Andy?"

"I know what I'm doing right now and Is finding another pokemon; I can't and will not replace Iris. It feels like a disservice getting a pokémon in place of of her " Andy then begins heading out of the city again with Ninny in arm, "Please don't forget we shall be together forever. I'm not allowing anything to change that.

"Did you really mean that last bit you said, that you love me?" He asks this question more out of confusion; he knew Ninny was his best friend, but he is still aback by the recent proclamation and really unsure of his feelings on that matter, "How do i even handle this? This may be as life threatening as the bird...One wrong word and I've got an emotional wreck of a Ninny"

Ninny smiled to herself. She was reassured by Andy's words. He always seemed to know what to say to bring her spirits up. Though that lasted only a moment. Her smile disappeared when he asked her about her declaration of love. Her face grew hot. She had wished the subject wouldn't have been brought up. Her face reddened from embarrassment.

"Ha ha, uh, well..." stammered Ninny, "I-I uh, well, you know... Um, I-I thought I was going to lose you. It's not like I even knew before. I just... thought that... um, I dunno..." She started to fidget as she struggled to find the words she needed to express herself, "I never weally(really) thought about it befowe(before), but when I thought I was going to lose you, it, just, flashed befowe my eyes. It just dawned on me how I felt about you. You've always been by my side," Ninny kicked at the dirt as she finally answered the question, "Y-yes, I meant what I said." She finally allowed her eyes to meet Andy's. She tried to gauge his reaction. She was nervous, scared and excited all at once.

"Y-yes, I meant what I said." Now it is Andy's turn to be red from embarrassment as he didn't know know how to deal with this at all. One thing he dosen't want to do though is leave her hanging out there after she spouts out her true feelings in this moment. Andy's mind now races at a hundred miles an hour as he thinks about his own feelings as well as Ninnys answer to the question.

They had been together through thick and thin for the whole time they had been together and then there was Andy going into shadow form recently, "I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for her, and most likely neither would this region after awhile." Adding to this would be the fact his reputation thanks to that event is now in tatters and will be for a good amount of time, he would certainly need Ninnys help in restoring that. This situation wasn't helping though, it was just very awkward, and being on the spot like this felt like he was on an examination table ready for dissection

"I love you do Ninny" he gets out after 3 minutes followed immediately in his head by "What if she doesn't take me seriously?" the more he thought about it, the more he starts looking like a guilty puppy as that feeling of, "Oh pecha berries she is going to hate me now." eats him alive on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back