• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: The Frontier

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Trainer Battles
============================
(Keith vs Ashley)

The nerd cackled at his opponent's comments.

"Hehehe, see, no one appreciates my genius. For your information, Zubat can't learn tackle! It's bones are too brittle, so it uses it's powerful jaws, wings, and supersonic pitches to confuse an opponent! And leech life is sooo overrated. My zubat has lovingly been raised from an egg with every strategy perfectly memorized! I keep it on a strict diet to maximize success! I.am.the. genius-that-will-capture-Regigigas! For my training includes-"

At this point, Zubat flew over to Ghastly giving its best shrug while their trainers argued rather than battled. Keith continued as Zubat flew over to the tree and offered Ghastly a berry.

After a second, Keith managed to bring the conversation back.

"-And thus my EV's are hypothetically already maxed out in speed! And for the matter of my Zubat having nothing to hit a ghost-poison type, that's where your wrong, Zubat, astonish! A ghost type move!"

Zubat shook itself for a minute as it realized the battle was starting. Hiding it's face under it's wings, it shot them open, a menacing aura flying out to strike the Ghastly.

(*Side note, this guy's actually an idiot, and EV's I'm going to say are purely hypothetical in this RP)

=============

(Kevin vs Lena)

At the growl, the Rattata stopped in its tracks, growling in fear a bit as it looked up to Starling.

"Rattata, what are you doing? Its a pigeon! Rats eat pigeons! Come on, what sort of pack did you come from?"

Rattata shook its head, and gnashed its teeth gain, showing it was ready, though it still looked weary of the starling. It's trainer, Kevin, clenched his fist.

"I keep telling people you're the top percent of Rattata's, show'em why Kevin's right! Again, Quick Attack! Use the birdhunter formation we talked about!"

Rattata launched forwards again at impressive speed, but it ignored the Starly, instead going straight for the tree, running into it at full speed. Pressing off against it, it leapt at Starly in the air, trying to hit it from behind with Quick Attack.
======================
(Katelynn vs Rufus)

At the grimer, Rufus rubbed the back of his head, and then covered his nose. This girl liked how her pokemon smelled? Well, cross that off reasons he'd been avoiding asking girls out.

Slugma, however, had a different reaction. It howled, smoke emitting from it as it glared at the Grimer. Rufus blinked. Mr. Sizzles normally never was so fired up. Or angry. His pokemon loved everybody. It then clicked.

"Hey, uh, where'd you capture that Grimer at?"

He had a feeling he already knew the answer. The way Slugma worked itself up, it had to be. Shaking his head, he then stretched his back trying to look tall, and confident. He was one of those things.

"Mr. Sizzles! Use ember! Uh, don't know the rules, but keep making it hot til he stops!"

============================

The girl giggled.

"Aw, you don't like Grimer's smell? What's wrong with you? And my grimer's a she thank you very much! I caught her at Celadon. I pour perfume on her every morning. She liked it, so now its my pokemon. Oh! Are we starting? Grimer, use pound!"

She was surprised as Slugma's embers hit first, Grimer flinching at the heat. Grimer, however, drew back its hand, and slapped Slugma across the face. It grabbed its now burnt hand afterward. The smell of burning sludge started to fill the area.

"Grimer? Hey! That's not fair, Grimer, Poison Gas!"

The grimer let out a screen of purple smoke, fuming the area, 5 feet from infront of Slugma, who kept pelting it with hot embers.

lena-jpg.480145

Helena "Lena" Winter
Professor Joshua's Lab
Dirt Path

Interaction: Ganryu Ganryu
Mention: Human__Ramen Human__Ramen , Ganryu Ganryu
The Growl frightened the Rattata. With the mouse pokemon startled, Lena and Stark had a breathing space. The Quick Attack earlier had hit Stark right where it hurts. A long winded battle wouldn't be too favourable. Should she go into offense? No, since Stark was hurt the risk overweight the gain. Then they could only adapt a defensive strategy.

"Hm..." Lena put the pencil to her chin as she created a strategy. Pose was important after all.

Now if a flightless rat tries to attack a bird, how would it do so? If she take Bidoof as a reference, it would take a stance and launch itself toward the Starly. A Pachirisu would shoot out lightning bolt. A Buneary would climb the tree and kick. ...hm?

"Ah,"

That Quick Attack. Buneary's attack pattern. Rat that couldn't fly. Then the attack would be coming from the tree. Right. Lena resolved herself. She pointed her pencil forward again and raised her voice.

"Stark, fly higher! Tackle down when the Rattata dash up!"

Following her command, Starly suddenly flew up, letting the mouse pokemon leapt below the starling. Just before the Rattata landed, Stark dove down, heading straight for its back.

Marcus Kriton 50% size.jpg
Marcus Kriton

growlithe.png

Marcus and Growlithe slowly picked their way across the soft marshy soil as they walked through the Cumulo Moars. The young man’s boots were covered in a thin moist layer of dirt, sticking to his boots as he walked and creating a small suction that audibly popped each time he lifted his feet. Looking down to his right, he could see Growlithe was dealing with a similar situation as the muck formed clumpy wet spots along his paws and furred belly.

“You know what Growlithe? When that muscle guy Professor Joshua asked us to gather samples from the swamp water, I pictured something more akin to kneeling at the edge of a clear blue river. Not…” he gestured to the sticky mud surrounding them, “this.”

Growlithe barked cheerfully in opposition, then proceeded to jump about and kick up wet dirt in all directions. “No, Growlithe don’t!” Marcus protested. He raised his arms, trying to shield his face from the flying mud but it had little effect. The young Pokemon looked up at him, happily hanging his tongue out of his mouth as though offering a smile in response.

Marcus looked himself over quickly, knocking the muck loose from his clothes and face and then wiped his hands on the back of his pants. Looking at Growlithe’s obviously playful demeanor, he couldn’t help but smile back. He shrugged and continued onward for a few steps, then stopped as a small worm-like creature emerged from the mud ahead of them.

“Wow, Growlithe look at that thing! Ready for some real fun?”

The fire-dog Pokemon barked excitedly, leaping ahead of his trainer and preparing for the orders to come. The small worm Pokemon perked up, looking anxiously towards them as though wary of their presence. It clearly did not expect anyone else to be walking about its mucky home.

Marcus retrieved the Pokedex from his pocket, flipping it open and pointing it at the wild Pokemon. Thank goodness the Professor gave us one of these back in Cumulus City. Let’s see what the ‘dex says about it.

Wurmple,” the mechanized voice read aloud, “the Worm Pokemon. Often targeted by bird Pokemon, it desperately resists by releasing poison from its tail spikes.

“Hmm," he closed the Pokedex and stuffed it into his back pocket, "definitely don’t want to get poisoned…” Growlithe’s tail shook as it waited for its command, eager to get started. “Growlithe, use your Roar attack! Maybe that’ll scare it into submission.” The young trainer smiled, sure of his plan.

The Fire-Pokemon leapt into action, jumping forward and releasing a guttural challenge towards its foe. The Wurmple looked worried, if one could call it that, and Marcus pumped his fist in the air. “Good job Growlithe! We’ve got that little bug right where we want it now!”

The Wurmple turned and leapt back into the mud, digging a small hole into the muck and disappearing before the enterprising trainer could react. Growlithe bounded towards the escape hole, barking but unable to locate the wild Pokemon.

“Aww man, I thought we had it!” Marcus sighed. “Oh well, better luck next time I guess.”

The two continued along in the swamp, gathering small bits of swamp water in vials and keeping their eyes peeled for interloping Pokemon to challenge. After an hour had passed Growlithe spotted a silhouette in the distance and began barking, his tail wagging fiercely side-to-side.

“Did you find another one?” Marcus looked in the direction his Pokemon indicated, but realized the shape was that of a person. As they got closer he was better able to make out the form of a young woman. She appeared to be perhaps fourteen years of age, give or take a year.

“Hello?” he called out, smiling and waving as he approached. He had to speak loudly to be heard over Growlithe’s excited barking. “I’m Marcus, and this little bundle of energy is Growlithe.” Though Marcus didn’t see any Pokemon walking nearby, he noticed her Pokeball and assumed she was probably a fellow trainer. “Did the Professor send you out here to gather samples too?”

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Ashley Denson
Ashley raised an eyebrow as the nerd detailed his Zubat's upbringing. Maybe she had judged him too soon. "Impressive. That sounds like a lot of work. Then again, I suppose it's your starter, so I shouldn't expect less."

Gastly kept an eye on the enemy Zubat, and prepared himself to attack the creature when it approached. But when he saw it wasn't trying to attack him and instead offered a berry, he was intrigued. Carefully hovering over to the pokemon, Gastly ate the berry Zubat had dropped for him, surprised by how sweet it tasted.

As Ashley digested his speech, she noticed that kid gave her a lot of information on Zubat. Information she could exploit. "Brittle bones - weak defense... maybe special; definitely physical... will probably outspeed my Gastly, so he should dodge and counter-attack..."

A confident smile made itself present as Ashley gave her rebutal. "Again, your dedication to maximizing your pokemon's skills is impressive, and somewhat admirable. But maybe you should've focused more on it's defense. As you've said before, Zubat has brittle bones, which translates into poor defense. Even without a very powerful move, it won't take long for me to defeat you."

From the moment the kid gave out the order to the moment Zubat actually carried it out gave Gastly more than enough time to prepare himself and react to the attack, quickly dodging the ominous aura hurled at him. Ash took this opportunity to put her plan into action. "Now, use Lick!"

Gastly let out a disturbing cackle. Finally, the battle was about to begin. The ghost charged at Zubat with his tongue out, excitement filling his... form? Aura, maybe - doesn't matter.

Ganryu Ganryu

Maya Kauffman

A quiet, content chirp left Kurama as Adam lightly scratched behind his ears. The small vulpix happily soaked up any and all attention he could get. Not that it would stop him from causing mischief down the road. He even seemed somewhat annoyed as Cherri moved up out of his reach. He huffed before moving back to his trainer's side.

Maya followed the other two trainers outside, silently thankful to leave behind the acrid smell caused by the overly curious slugma. She glanced over at Cora and Ryder at Adam's question. Weren't Riolu and their trainers known for their fighting spirit? Those two probably had more battle experience than she did."We've fought wild pokemon that jumped us out on the road, but we've never fought against trainers." She admitted after a moment.

The Pokemon League likely wouldn't even consider Maya an official trainer, now that she thought about it. She didn't have a trainer's ID, and couldn't officially compete in gyms. There probably was a pretty big advantage to coming out to Vera Valle, a frontier still far from the League's control.

(Ashley)

If an aura was easy to dodge for a ghost made of gas, a tongue was easier to dodge for a bat who flew upward as soon as his attack had missed. (GM note, I WILL give you tit for tat.)

"Hehehe, you fool! I put all our training into speed! Who cares about defense if you can't even follow us! Zubat, do your thing. Show them how we'll wreck Regigigas!"

The zubat finally stopped, spreading both wings wide, and making the movements to let out a huge screech. However, no sound was heard, but people's ears would start ringing soon enough.

================================
(Lena)

Kevin roared out a cheer, pumping his arm as his Rattata shot past Starley, and started to climb the tree.

"TOP PERCENTAGE OF RATTATA!"

However, as Lena barked out her orders, a 'what' expression crossed his face. It took him a second to register.

"Wait! Rattata, no!"

The rattata's legs had already left the tree, leaping after the Starly by the time his trainer had figured it out. And one beak attack later left the rat crashing down to the ground.

"What? No! Rattata! He's the top percent... the top percent."

Near sobbing he returned his pokemon to its pokeball, then reached into his pocket. Pulling out a few bills, he presented. He snarled.

"Here, you won. 1538110097647.png112. Its customary for the... loser, to give earnings to the winner. Look, you beat my awesome Rattata, so that means you gotta be the one to catch Regigigas, alright? We'll scramble, do it whenever, but YOU gotta be the one if I can't."

=======================

(Rufus)

Slugma coughed as the poison gas took effect, bags of rock forming under its eyes. He tried to ember the enemy Grimer again, but it came out as a cough.

Rufus clenched his teeth. He remembered how he met Mr.Sizzles, the poor little guy was poisoned, just like this, by a Grimer. His peppy opponent was starting to piss him off. It was just cruel to use a poison type.

Well, Slugma was looking bad, but it looked like grimer was also down. Reaching into his pouch, Rufus pulled out a berry.

"Here Mr. Sizzles, it's not a Pecha, but it'll help a little. Just hold in there."

=======================

His opponent giggled.

"Aw, is he hungry? Feeding him mid-battle? That's a mistake! Grimer! Pound!"

The grimer looked at it's burned hand, then up to the slug made up to Lava, and then back to its trainer questioningly.

"Yeah, yeah, I know it's hot, but we gotta win this! I can take you to a pokemon center later. We got Odeur de victoria in the air, we can't lose!"

Grimer shrugged, then held its hand back to strike at the Slugma again, and again.

lena-jpg.480145

Helena "Lena" Winter
Professor Joshua's Lab
Dirt Path

Interaction: Ganryu Ganryu
Mention: Human__Ramen Human__Ramen , Ganryu Ganryu

"So..."

Lena accepted the money. Looking at the boy on the verge of tears, she felt a bit awkward. She was going to end with a victory pose, but she felt the boy would really cry if she did that. Stark didn't have any of her consideration, however. The starling was sitting on her shoulder, chirping proudly. Well, the Rattata was beaten in two moves, so the boasting was justifiable. Putting the pencil behind her right ear, Lena held her camera and tilted her head at Kris.

"...selfie?"

She pulled the boy near and held her camera above them. The LCD could be turned to face the front, so she could use it for a selfie. Lena smiled lazily, while Stark was still being a prick on her shoulder.

"Smile, I guess?"

She clicked the shutter. She wouldn't be able to print it until later, but no matter. The picture was good. Wait, she left her journal at home. She should buy one soon.

"Thanks, I guess," she opened her berry pouch and fed Stark a sweet berry before offering one to the boy. It was the same berry she just plucked from the tree.

"So. Yeah."

Now what.

Lime

“Gah! All this damn muck is pissing me off!” Lime roared as she struggled to pull herself out from a particularly deep patch of swamp.

Lime’s parents had never cursed around her, and were cerbal about how they didn’t approve of vulgar language. Now that her parents were around, who was gonna tell her that she couldn’t speak this way? No one!

Then again, no amount of cursing would make this any easier. One might wonder why Lime would venture so far out into the swamp water in the first place. To Lime, it was very simple. The best samples would be from the middle of the swamp right, and Lime had seen a nice looking spot that would be perfect to sample!

Lime regretted her decision. Her annoyance was interrupted by a voice calling out to her from the shallower part of the swamp. It was a boy with a orangeish red pokemon by him. A trainer perhaps? Did he want to battle? Lime’s questions were answered when he asked if she was collecting samples as well.

“Yup! I’m just heading to the right spot to get them!” Lime responded, trying to sound more cheerful than she actually was. She then came to a sudden realization. She had nothing to hold the water in.

“MERDE!”

MasterDAF MasterDAF

Cora Armstrong
Even though it might have been considered rude in the class of social etiquette, Cora could not help but stare curiously at the large man before her speaking softly to the Pokemon around him. She was aware of the love that people may have for Pokemon, but Adam took it to a new level. The girl looked away slightly once Cherri looked at them hoping the Bounsweet didn't catch her staring.

Ryder on the other hand was astonished by the firm yet gentle grip that Adam gave him. He had braced himself for a tight handshake, but felt great appreciation once he realized the man's compassion for Pokemon. The Riolu also noted the Vulpix that was accompanying the other trainer, which he also knew was a picky Pokemon species like himself. Soon Adam took over the conversation and began leading them down to their mission. From the initial information and impressions that Cora received from Maya and Adam, she was not surprised on Adam not having much experience in battle but for Maya she was. Also the girl gave a silent thanks to Arceus for lucking out on being grouped with someone who could cook.

Cora smirked when she heard Adam's comment on how no trainer approached him for battle. She looked down to the Riolu by her side as they followed along after the other members. The girl had to think about their past encounters. Ryder was also deep in thought as he tried to recall back some memories. "Um we've also fought some wild Pokemon but we've had a fair share of battles with other trainers. I don't think they approached me because of me but rather Ryder here. I guess they wanted to test the strength of their Pokemon against him. Needless to say, we won most of them." The trainer often didn't brag about her Pokemon's achievements, but she couldn't help but feel pride for him at times.

Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki

"Oh for Arceus' sake! I'm so late!" yells a 5'8'', black haired boy of eighteen years of age as he and his long time friend hurried up the mountain pass to the professor's lab. The pair got to the lab some 3 minutes later only to have no one there except the burly professor who introduced himself as Joshua. "Awww pecha berries! I even missed the orientation! Get it together Andy!" He berated himself as he huffed and puffed unable to actually speak for the moment. Perhaps lucky for Andy though, Joshua seemed to catch on and went into his whole spiel again about how he was the pokemon professor of this new region and that missions were being issued by the league that they wanted to be completed. The first one was to gather swamp water from Cumulo Moars Swamp, an area filled with water, ground and to Andy's pokemon's dismay, poison type pokemon, the Azurill giving a nervous shudder just hearing about their presence in that area.

Joshua said that Andy was to be with people known as Lime and Marcus, he figured they were trainers but the question still remained were they friendly and would they welcome him into the group when he arrived? With those questions in mind, he set off for the swamp after giving his name, and goals for the exploration of the region to Joshua, the Azurill, known as Aqua to Andy, hopping nervously behind him now scanning the area for poisons.

The rugged mountains give way to more marshy wetlands as they start the trek through the swamp, the only reason he isn't lost right now is due to Joshua pointing the newbie in the right direction as everything else looked positively alien. This was both an exciting and dangerous proposition for them, Aqua still acting like a Sentret and just looking every which way in case any poison pokemon snuck up on them. At this Andy scoops her up and rubs her head a bit trying to calm her down a bit. "Don't worry too much, we should focus on finding the others we are meant to be with for now Aqua." A fact she agreed with by nodding her head. This marshland was rather huge though, finding the others would indeed be a tough task, not to mention he had no map or items to use as a water carrier, "This is just starting so well." he huffs resorting to probably the stupidest idea of the day as he saw...someone after 10 minutes of walking in the mud, "Hello?" he calls out to whoever this was, clearly nervous about this encounter.

OOC: sorry for the slight modding here Ganryu Ganryu as I wrote it this way to make some sense. InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum MasterDAF MasterDAF I'm with you two now thanks to Spooks departure, hope i'm okay

Last edited:
Ashley Denson
Ashley frowned. The battle should've been over with by now. For crying out loud, it was a Zubat, she fought a bunch of them back in Sinnoh.

Ash gave a quick glance to her left, seeing that Helena had already finished her battle. That irritated her. That girl had never battled before, how did she win before her?

Ashley's indignant state was interrupted by an annoying ringing. She raised her hands to her ears while keeping an eye on Gastly. Sure enough, he was confused.

Ashley glared at the nerd. This fight had gone on for too long, and confusion would just stall it even further. She would win before Rufus, otherwise she might as well give up on becoming a trainer all together.

Ashley considered her options. She could try feeding Gastly a Persim berry, but chances were that Zubat would confuse him again, and she only had one. So her other option was to wing it and take her chances with confusion.

"This was fun... but now I'm going to end this." The girl stated with her eyes closed. She opened them again to give her command. "Gastly, you know what to do."

Although confused, the ghost managed to follow her command. Suddenly, he evaporated into nothing, completely disappearing from the field. Ashley noticed that the Zubat immediately became anxious. She figured it would probably try flying up, which would work perfectly with her strategy. She only had to hope Gastly would land the lick, and that it caused paralysis. No pressure.

Ganryu Ganryu

Marcus Kriton

growlithe.png

Marcus’ eyebrows lifted in surprise at her outburst, not sure what her sudden exclamation was meant to convey, but he smiled anyways. “Perfect! To be honest, I have no idea if the samples I collected will be good or not. I've never collected water samples before.”

He pulled the water canteen out of his pack, uncorking the nozzle and rattling it so that she could hear the water swishing about inside. As the canteen moved forward and back Growlithe’s head followed the motion, and after a few seconds the Pokemon leapt in the air to take it as if it were a toy. The small fire-dog grabbed the canteen in his mouth, bounding out of reach and shaking it while the water drained out onto the damp ground.

Marcus hung his head and ran a hand through his hair, rubbing the back of his neck. “I guess their quality doesn’t matter now.” Growlithe proudly walked back over to his trainer and laid the canteen down in the muck, barking and wagging his tail as though they had both been playing with the object.

The trainer picked up his canteen and looked back at the young girl with a slight hint of embarrassment on his face. “Well, if you know just the right spot, I’d be glad to follow you and gather another sample of water.” Growlithe barked his agreement, obviously having no clue what was going on.

“If you’d like to lead the-“ Marcus paused, sure he had heard another voice nearby. Growlithe’s ears perked up as well, as though listening intently. “Did you hear that?”

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum mdebourg mdebourg

Last edited:
MasterDAF MasterDAF InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum mdebourg mdebourg

The swamp became silent for just a moment, almost on que of Marcus's words the world became all the more erie and silent.

The world stood still for just a few moments, the sound of their heartbeats could be heard in their ears as the smells of the swamp assaulted their noses.

A rustling of a bush, the swaying of a tree, all was quiet....

UNTL A DARK SHAPE CAME RUSHING THEM FROM BENEATH THE WATERS!!!!

Closer and closer it came, until it leapt out of the water with a mighty leap right at Lime's face! In fact, two other shapes jumped out at the others as well!

The cunning beasts, powerful leapers, with deadly crimson scales!

The Magicarp siblings have joined the fray!

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!!!

Lime didn’t have time to form her answer to her new friend’s words, or even find whoever had almost inaudibly called out ‘hello’!

A magikarp had just jumped at her face! It’s face smashed right i to her forehead, nearly sending her tumbling back into the swamp!

“Agh! Cubie, help!” Lime cried as she gravbed her pokeball, and jammed the big button. In a flash of red laser light, the short tan pokemon appeared, bone in hand. She looked at the magikarp peeking from the muck, and then back at Lime. Cubie let out an audible sigh, as she spit out a bit of swamp water. Was this human really trying to make it battle a fish in the middle of a swamp? Cubie’s head was the only part of it above water in the specific spot it was standing!

“Don’t just stand there! Attack it!” Lime commanded. Cubie shrugged, leaping out of the water enough to swing it’s bone at the Magikarp.

Bone Rush

“What are these things?” Lime asked. She had seen these red fish pokemon before, but she had never heard anything about them.

MasterDAF MasterDAF mdebourg mdebourg

Last edited:
Team 2

As the trio got to know one another on their way to Nimbos Town, they’d find that the route was devoid of any human life. Occasionally, they may see a pokemon run by, or glare at them from a tree, but otherwise, the route was empty. It wasn’t until the town was eithin eyesight that they saw another human being. And when they did, they saw three of them.

They wore casual clothes. One wore jeans and a white long sleeved cotton shirt. Another wore a black leather jacket and a bandana on his head. The last one, wore a pair of goggles and a wrinkled dress shirt. They all had a pin on their shirts. On the pin was an image of a dark leaf. As the new trainers approached the group of ruffians, they all began to smile. The fella wearings jeans sighed, stepping into the middle of the route to block their path.

“Now where do yall think you’re goin’? Routes blocked off. Can’t let any scrubs like you three go by...”

As he spoke, the other two fella snickered from their places leaning on the tree. Each had a pokeball on their hips. The goggled man looked a little shocked to see such a large man in the group, however.

They had been waiting for some of the new trainers that had arrived to come by. They’d been told to stop them from getting to the town, and send them home crying. Team Blackleaf had even sent one of the new commanders to the town to make sure the plan was moving along well. She was scary enough to get the three goons to stand outside for hours on end in order to intercept the new batch of trainers!

“My name’s Frank, I don’t like having to waste my pokemon’s time, so turn around now, alright? Jimmy and Dawson over there are pretty tough themselves, so don’t cause any trouble kids... and uh... man...” he trailed off as he looked up at Adam’s intimidating form. Fortunately, the pokemon he possessed was far less intimidating, eliciting a snicker from Frank.

“These your daughters or something old man?”

Life. Life. KageYuuki KageYuuki Orikanyo Orikanyo

This... Wasn't the first time he's been misstaken as an older man, happens alot really especially if he was with younger people. But it still kinda hurt... But... These people... The pins, darkleaf, didn't take much to figure out just what was going on really.

Cherri didn't seem to scared in truth, actually, she was more or less sleeping from the trip. Not a care in the world did she have for the blackleaf goons before them. But Adam, Adam looked to become rather vigorous, he looked down at the goon and narrowed his eyes.

"...You have ten seconds to leave this road before you will be removed from it. That clear?" He spoke evenly, with intent and force. Like that of a stern father looking at missbehaving children. This however didn't help alleviate the whole old man misstake, but that wasn't what they were there to do right?

Best he could do is put on his bouncer routine, then, get to business...

In the meantime he tickled Cherri awake, who was takeing her time as per usual.

"Cora, Maya, are you ready?"

Marcus Kriton
growlithe.png

Marcus took a step back, watching the red fish spring from the thick muddy water and then dive back beneath the surface. Growlithe stood at his side, tail wagging slowly as the fire Pokemon searched the muck for the jumping fish. Near him he heard the younger girl get hit in the face, and then release her own Pokemon to defend against the assault. He looked quickly to the friend she released, some kind of small tan creature with what seemed to be a skull covering its face, then turned his attention back to his own mysterious foe.

"Your guess is as good as mine!" he shouted in response to her question. I'm sure we can take 'em, whatever they are.

"Growlithe, use Ember!"

The small Pokemon opened his mouth excitedly and aimed it at the water's surface, but only a small bit of smoke emerged from between his jaws. Craning his vision up and over his shoulder at Marcus, the Pokemon looked expectantly for a more useful command. Well, I guess you're still not ready for that yet. I know some Fire Pokemon can shoot gouts of flame from their mouths at will, but he must be too young.

"Okay, umm, in that case use your Bite attack!" Growlithe leapt forward, hoping to catch the red scaled fish mid-jump and snag it between his crunching jaws.

(Lena)

The boy snarled at the selfie, but he didn't exactly push Lena away. He'd just think of it as additional prize money.

"Tch. You beat me, you'd better be the one to catch Regigigas..."

He also took the berry, and leaned down to his Rattata, offering it.

"Here ya go pal. It's alright, you're still the top percent. Sorry haven't raised ya like it, buddy."

=======================

(Ashley)

Keith put his glass up as soon as Ghastly disappeared (for some bloody reason).

"Zubat, prepare to astonish. Launch it point blank as soon as you feel something. I'm sorry little girl, but I don't lose. My friends call me the strategist for a reason, hehehe. "

======================

(Rufus)

"Mr. Sizzles, take another berry, and just hold in there!"

"Grimer! Pound again!"

Both Slugma and Grimer were reduced to panting and staring angrily at eachother. Both of Grimer's hands were smoking, but Slugma had several bubbles of lava on him that almost looked like welts.

========================

(All)

All the battles were interrupted as the earth shook below, violently and quickly. Katelynn spoke up.

"What WAS that?"

It struck again, the berry tree near them falling over against the fence. For a second, it was quiet again. Then an unearthly roar broke across the entire area:

In the far distance, a huge portion of rock erupted into the air. It looked like something had literally thrown a mountain, as the boulders in the distance were visible from several miles away, flying up and breaking apart in the air. A loud crunching was heard, again shaking the area as they fell back to the ground, a huge dust cloud kicking up like an eruption. The largest quake yet hit, likely sending people flying, and rending the fence by them. Upturned rocks and craigs spiderwebbed out from the mountain, creating small plateaus and valleys.

This time, however, no further interruptions happened, a relative peace settling on the area.

Of the results of the earthquake, Mr. Sizzles and Grimer both gurgled unconscious. Of the trainers trying to challenge Regigigas, Katelynn was on top of a nearby new plateau. Keith was kicking upside down from a fissure he'd gotten stuck in. Kris/Keven/GM lost track, was white in the face. Knocked over, but mostly fine.

From the nearby lab, which seemd to have weathered the storm remarkably well, a voice could be heard from the window.

“Did you measure that this time? Think that’s a record, or at least top 5!”
======================

Maya Kauffman

The walk so far hadn't been too bad if not oddly quiet. Kurama chased after more than a few of the wild pokemon that they kicked up, Maya even having to chase him back down. Though for all the talk she'd heard of trainers swarming this place the complete lack of... anyone on the route was more than a little disconcerting. Were those rumors false? Or was there something else at play here? There was that Team Blackleaf that had popped up...

Sure enough, there was a trio of Blackleaf rats waiting for them near the town's entrance. Maya's eyes narrowed at them. A team of good for nothings that seemed to fashion themselves after the likes of Team Rocket back in Kanto. Bastards didn't deserve the pokemon they paraded around. "Plenty ready," Her voice had taken on a more serious tone, boasting far more confidence than it had back when they met. "Kurama."

The small Vulpix snarled, releasing a small gout of flame. It wasn't meant to actually hit any of the gathered trainers, more serve as a warning and signal his intent to fight. Truth be told if it weren't for the fire he likely wouldn't have seemed very intimidating.

lena-jpg.480145

Helena "Lena" Winter
Professor Joshua's Lab
Dirt Path

Interaction:
Mention: Human__Ramen Human__Ramen , Ganryu Ganryu , Ganryu Ganryu
When she said now what, she hadn't expected the ground to answer, "now you have an earthquake."

The earth shook. All around, she could see ground cracking. People fell over. Lena crouched on the ground, hugging her camera and putting her bag over her head. Safety first. While the others were also falling over, stumbling or whatever, Stark was still chirping proudly, flying around as if nothing happened. Not that a flying pokemon could feel an earthquake. The berry tree fell over the fence, its ripe berries hanging low.

Nice. Now it's easier to pick the berries.

Lena thought, out of place and inconsiderable of the moment. Stark was still chirping. Also inconsiderable and more like a jerk.

The earthquake stopped. Lena made a sigh. That was a pain. She should just lay down for a bit. A roar could be heard but Lena didn't change her stance. It sounded far away anyway. Nothing to be worried about. Wow, the ground is warm. Is it alright to sleep here? When it shook it tickles a bit, too.

And the earthquake started again. Lucky she didn't try to stand. Lena held her crouched position until the earthquake passed by, and after it was over, she was still crouching, feeling the ground.

Stark was still chirping proudly.

Marcus Kriton
growlithe.png

The earthquake rumbled rough underfoot and Marcus felt his legs give out, toppling him over and flinging him flat in the sticky wet muck. Growlithe's previous attack trajectory changed as the earth shook, causing his leap to take him towards his trainer rather than the opposing fish. The Fire-Pokemon landed bodily against Marcus, grinding the young man further into the mud.

"Yuck!" Marcus yelled as he lifted his head from the mud. "I'm gonna be tasting this for a week."

He propped himself up on one elbow, and used his other hand to wipe the filth from his face. "What do you think caused that?" he asked aloud as he looked at the young female trainer.

Growlithe seemed unfazed now that the quake had ended and was happily hopping around his trainer in the mud, the battle momentarily forgotten.

Marcus stared over at the small dog-Pokemon and felt a grin pull at his lips. His Pokemon partner might be incredibly goofy and absentminded at times, but Growlithe also had a way of placing things in a more positive context. After all, who couldn't smile after watching his lighthearted antics?

The young man turned his gaze back towards the young woman and started to get up, only to find himself face-to-face with one of the red-scaled fish Pokemon. "Karp, karp," it wailed at no one in particular.

"Yeah," Marcus nodded, "you said it."

Ashley Denson
Ashley scoffed at the boy's remark. His Zubat could be the fastest there ever was, there was no way it was going to predict Gastly's attack. Still, it did upset her a bit that things didn't go exactly like she wanted it to.

Following the trend of disappointing events, a sudden earthquake hit the area her and the others' teams were duking it out. Of course, as this was unexpected, Ash was knocked to the ground, falling on her ass. Her glasses were knocked off from the hooks of her ears, making her somewhat anxious.

Before the girl even had time to react, another earthquake passed by, forcing Ashley to stay on the ground. After a few brief moments of silence and the trainers looking at one another, a monstrous roar echoed from afar and boulders the size of hills were seen flying through the air.

Ashley scrambled to get up. The boulders crashed with tremendous force into the ground, sending an even stronger quake than before, knocking Ashley off her feet again.

At this point, she was just annoyed. After that had passed and certifying that no more earthquakes were going to come their way, Ashley got up from the ground. The dust kicked up from the event blocked her vision, which didn't help with the lack of glasses. Still, she could faintly see the trainer she had been battling. Or, was it? It didn't really look like him. Ash tilted her head, trying to make out what she was seeing until she figured it out.

Taking a moment to look around before approaching the boy, she saw her Gastly flat on the ground, unmoving. Confusion got the better of him, it seems. Disappointing. But hopefully the kid wouldn't notice.

Dusting off her clothes, Ash finally approached the trainer. It was clear she wasn't happy with the results of the fight - she had somewhat of a frown, obscured by her bangs. She put her hands in her pockets as she tilted her head at her opponent.

"Need a hand?"

Ganryu Ganryu

Last edited:
Cora Armstrong
For the start of a new journey, Cora felt pretty bored. The walk down the route that Professor Joshua instructed her team to take was rather uneventful. A few Pokemon were occasionally spotted which was often responded with Maya's Vulpix chasing after them. Cora would only smirk each time as she watched the girl retrieving her Pokemon. It appeared that even Kurama was restless for some excitement, on the other hand Ryder was content with walking and looking around at his surroundings. But Cora knew at some point the Riolu was going to be itching for a fight. The bipedal canine Pokemon was always up for an opportunity of growth, and a battle was one way to satiate it.

Fortunately it appeared as though a battle was soon to come as the trio came across another trio, but from their looks they were affiliated with...what was it again? Oh right Blackleaf! Cora had momentarily forgotten the name of the group that supposedly had Nimbos Town in possession until she noted their pins that literally showed her their name. The girl stood a few steps behind her companions and silently observed/judged the members in front of them. She wasn't too entirely sure what she should be expecting from these people but they were drastically different from Team Galactic.

Her attention was then drawn over to the man that stood closest to them as he tried to threaten and insult them. But Cora placed a hand over her mouth to hide her smile when she heard him sneer a question over to Adam in regards to his appearance. If the man had any sense, he would not have wanted to provoke the man. He was like a calmer Professor Joshua in that he probably was built more for Pokemon battles than his Pokemon.

Cora glanced over to Adam to see how he'd react to Frank. Surprisingly he was calm, but stern. She released a small chuckle before responding to Adam's question, "Ready when you all are."

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki

After his very odd intro to this group he had never met, some red, scaly fish pokemon had jumped up from the swamp and nailed the woman in the face. Andy was at least quick to try and help out having Aquamarine launch a spray of bubbles at it after the two pokemon the humans had with them: a tan thing with a bone in its hand and an orange pup made their attacks. Only thing is, the earthquake that suddenly ripped through the area sent the blue mouse's attack harmlessly into the ground thanks to her faceplanting into the swamp, with Andy following suit, tasting swamp muck. "Okay, one what in the Pecha berry was that," he asks not sure if these seismic events would be common or not, "and two, yuck I really didn't want to end up tasting swamp water," he adds slightly annoyed looking to his mouse who was fine but very startled, glancing around everywhere for the potential source of said quakes,

With all of this going on and his late arrival, he never properly introduced himself, "Names Andy, Andy Richter, and my blue friend here is Aquamarine." he says peeling himself from the marshy ground and standing back up trying to clean himself off a bit and help the others back to their feet, offering both new acquaintances a hand should they want one.

MasterDAF MasterDAF InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

Lime
--------------

The magicarp did not take the bone related beatings very well, not to say it was defending very well either, but it was doing it's best by flopping about as magicarp are want to do. With each smack the magicarp simply kept coming back with further ferocity!

Flopping furiously!

A mad magicarp!

An, to everyone's suprise, the magicarp struck back!! With the final strike the carp spun on it's side and gave the cubone a hefty smack across the face with a fin as it [Flail]ed about in it's fury and... helplessness... it did however somehow keep spinning upon the mud though, thoroughly dizzying it'self.

Marcus
---------------

THE MIGHTY MAGICARP BARES DOWN UPON YOU!

by.. splashing in the mud helplessly, in truth this magicarp didn't really think beyond the whole "jump at them out of the river and try and smack them" strategy it's friend boasted about earlier, he wasn't even certain WHY they were doing this.

Was it for food? no it got bit earlier by that mean red thing.

Why did that red fur covered thing bite him?

They were both red!

Red things gotta stick together!!

he will show that fur covered red whos boss of the red things here!!!

The magicarp spun, kinda, well it flopped towards the growelithe and released it's ultimate STRIKE!!!

A MIGHTY!!!

Splash.

Andy
-------------

And here we have the most sneaky of magicarp, sure it was flopped about in the earthquake, kinda, totally planned of course, but this magicarp had a plan! Avoid the little accursed BLUE!!! And strike the person! Long has it dreamed of this day of revenge against the people!! Always the first to be caught by those tasty tasty treats strung into the water by those nasty people, how dare they tempt him so!?!!?

Day in, day out, he would be snagged, caught, reeled!

How dare they!!!!

It wasn't HIS fault he fell for the bait!

Why did they have to make such tasty bait!?

This tricky would not stand!

For now, as Andy attempted to reach out and help these other foolish PE$OPLE the magicarp leapt up with it's mighty tail and slapped, kinda limply actually, the hand that was outstretched!

...In truth it.. Didn't really hurt any more than a slightly rough high five... And might be i interpreted as one in a way, but the Magicarp was pleased nonetheless! If a self satisfied magicarp could actually look so, it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back