• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: The Frontier

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Andy would go slackjawed as the flash continues for another couple of seconds, then disappear again with no change whatsoever to the Magikarp that was still treebound and flopping around in said tree. "Wait, what? that was supposed to turn into a Gyarados and angrily chase after us, but, it used flash?? Can it even learn that??" he says just staring off at the still flailing fish.

He once again facepalmed, after such a royal muk up he figured that the others wouldn't ever take him seriously again. There was a stigma in Jotho that breeders can't exactly battle too well, while he did put that to bed with his little demo on his own sleeping fish, he may have just replaced that with the problem that he doesn't know carp about any pokemon much less simple ones like Magikarp.

There really wasn't any way that he could have known that a Magikarp in this area could know flash; the realization setting in his head that all the knowledge he had for his regions pokemon and some of Kanto's, meant absolutely nothing. If anything that meant that any and all pokemon were possibly altered by something in one way or another, temperament, typing, moves it knew like Lime's karp that had recently shamed him so, he had no idea...and that terrified him.

MasterDAF MasterDAF InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum

The machop didn’t know what hit him! A critical hit to the aide as he charged sent in tumbling into his brother’s flaming prison, causing them both to crash into each other and get burned up in the flames! The fire whirlwind dissappeared, leaving the two machops on the ground, both had fainted.

Jimmy cried out, falling to his knees. “No! My machop duo! They were supposed to be unbeatable dangit!”

Rising to his feet Jimmy tossed out some money to Cora and Maya. “J-just you wait! My boss will get here and take you both ou-“ Jimmy paused, he had been turned as he spoke, only to suddenly find himself face to face with a tall figure wearing a big heavy full length trench coat. It was dark grey, and the collars were hiked up to cover the individuals face. They also wore a black wide brimmed hat, which only helped to hide the individuals features.

Jimmy fell back onto his butt. “B-boss! Your here already?” He asked, his voice quivering.

“We’ve finished up in the town, and we’re moving on. Our client has proven quite cooperative. Run on home now, Jimmy, you tried your best.”

The mysterious indivdual had very feminine voice, however, it was very low and soothing. They turned to face the trio of new trainers, as Jimmy returned his pokemon to their pokeballs and scurried back to the town.

“I don’t know what you want in the town, but we’re leaving now. If any of you still want to battle, I would be glad to send you and your pokemon home in tears.”

One of their hands emerged from inside the trench coat, holding a black and gold ball. An ultraball.

“If not, then I’ll be heading off.”

Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki Life. Life.

Rufus Flannagan

Rufus immediately flinched as the Professor took notice of the three. It wasn't like the professor intimidated him... Okay, the professor intimidated the hell out of him, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was Rufus's goal was to not be famous in the least. Being immediately recognized by the most famous person in a country.... not a good start.

He hoped Mr. Sizzles would be alright. He hadn't seen him that hurt since last time he'd fought a Grimer near Celadon. What was it with Mr. Sizzle and Grimer?

Also, the lab was weird. It was huuuuge. Or maybe just Professor Joshua sized.

The professor's assistant, Mrs. Rosewood, quickly gave them pokedexes, as well as pokegears, and healing up their pokemon. That was a relief. Rufus quickly opened up his pokegear, and put in his mother's number in it. He almost pressed call, but then paused. His parents thought he was being successful probably... why ruin that. Let them imagine what they wanted. That... or they might have figured out who'd caused the Great Viridian Forest Fire. He'd just had Mr. Sizzle use Ember to clear a Beedril nest. Those things were awful.

The Professor asked where they'd like to go next. Honestly Rufus hadn't a clue. Vagabond was closer to his dream. Just lay low for a while, then return home. How long was a while?

Macreousville sounded as good as any other place. It was a cold place, hopefully Mr. Sizzles wouldn't mind. Then again, everything was probably cold if you were made of lava. He'd probably be fine.

Rufus did have one question. Being a berry master wasn't exactly a burning passion of his, but it was useful.

"Hey, professor, is anyone cataloguing berries unique to here? I saw a tree outside your lab. If no one else is, I could, if you want. I mean, tons of people probably have pokemon covered. Maybe use the pokedex for it? I dunno."

====================================

Professor Rufus

The professor gave a hearty laugh at Lena's proposed destination.

"Adventureous spirit, aren't you? That's clear across Vera Valle. Alright, I offered. To the Jeep, kids, it's adventure time. Mrs. Rosewood'll bring out your pokemon to it shortly. I could use some field work myself, and Machamps finally starting to feel less sore after I had a light wrestling with him the other day. I think me and him could gather a few ice samples from the glaciers while we're there. You kids can go where you want, however. I think my assistants'll be busy for weeks here, so no use with me being here."

Turning and grabbing his labcoat, the professor threw it over his shoulder. He answered Ashley's question next.

"Oh, Regigigas acting up is fairly common. He's a nervous one. We built the laboratory far enough away as not to make him skittish, but close enough to get accurate readings. I am the Pokemon Professor of Legends. I record information about the origin and power of legendary pokemon, and there's no better place for me to do so than here. Regigigas is the most prominent legendary pokemon here, being so active, but he's not the only one. We're still uncovering literally a dozen others. There are rumors of legendary birds, escaped lab experiments on ancients, ancient pokemon, a trio of dogs... Its all about keeping your eyes open. The other legendary pokemon here tend to mind to themselves much more, but they are no less powerful. The entire landscape regularly changes to them. I would avoid any you come across at your level. Maybe someday, afterall, isn't being a trainer romantic? I sometimes miss the days... "

The Jeep as the group would reach it if they followed, was also quite large. It had 3 rows of seats, and large tires to handle being off road. It didn't have a top, and the seats had seen better days, but it looked sturdy at the very least. Professor Joshua threw his coat in the backseat, and jumped in the passenger seat, addressing Rufus next. Mrs. Rosewood approached the jeep, offering everyone their pokemon back. She looked a little confused as she couldn't find any pokeballs for Mr. Sizzles, but he happily sat on the rear of the jeep.

"Ha! The soul of a researcher! No one's gone really indepth on the matter. Very well, you have my authority. Record any berries you come across, and report back to me what you find. Anyone offering to help me I'll take seriously. Your group had better give me a weekly report then! I don't mind a bit of mindless chattering, it'd be refreshing to hear from some young people for a change. And I'll offer any advice I can. Think of me as a free resource, I'm never too busy for new trainers. Afterall, one of these days, it'll be you lot who will take over."

Putting his fingers in his mouth, the professor whistled. The ground shook in the distance, as a large figure with four arms ran straight at the jeep. A machamp that looked far too excited gleamed at the whistle. Grabbing the side of hte jeep, the pokemon leapt into the drivers seat, the entire jeep rocking, and it peeled out, slamming his foot on the accelerator. The professor turned to the group, unperturbed.

"Hope you all don't mind a bumpy ride. Anyways, we'll be in Macreousville by the end of the day. I do have to recommend the glaciers, you can find many pokemon hidden in the iceflows, craigs, and the like."

========================

The ride would be every bit as bumpy as promised. The professor's Machamp enjoying every moment. The professor would provide long commentary on every landscape they passed. From the mountains of the Ring of Fire, to the fenced off sections of Mt. Regi. The professor talked proudly of the Chasm Outpost to the East, in the middle of the Ring of Fire, and how they had managed to find a way to blast the ash off of it that was eternally falling, and how many fire trainers enjoyed the area. The weather started to get colder and colder as they drove, snow falling by the afternoon. The professor didn't even put on a jacket, explaining it was a 'dry cold'.

Finally, as the sun started to set, the group would make it to the town, driving up the pokemon center.

"And the pokemon center inside will lend you lodging for the night if you want. Go ahead and make a plan, there are some nocturnal pokemon I'd like to research, so I'll wish you good luck on your journeys. Thanks again for clearing out those hooligans."

He offered a muscular handshake to each trainer before signalling his pokemon to drive off.

Last edited:

lena-jpg.480145

Helena "Lena" Winter
Professor Joshua's Lab ==> Macreousville
Lab ==> Street

Interaction: Ganryu Ganryu , Ashley, Ganryu Ganryu
Mention: -​
Stark was resting in his pokeball. She didn't want to risk the starling getting lost after all. Besides, Stark would get a lot of chance to fly once they arrive in Macreousville. Maybe she would get the chance to make a poffin there, too. Lena hadn't considered entering a contest before, but she thought that it could serve a promotion. Like, hey this pokemon is doing great I need to ask what she's feeding it, type of promotion.

The ride was very bumpy, and being the scrawny girl she was, Lena got shaken around. Professor Joshua and his Machamp enjoyed the ride, though. While the professor described the locations they passed through, Lena only responded curtly each time in fear of biting her own tongue. She did once. Wasn't pleasant. From how great Professor Joshua explained the ring of fire thing, going there next won't be too bad for pictures.

I should get a water or ice pokemon.

The thought passed through her mind once she was interested in the Ring of Fire. Lena brushed her hair aside as she looked straight forward, toward the empty road heading to Macreousville. A desolate route, with little to no regulation. One might feel passionate of roaming the unknown, facing dangers and basking in glory of overcoming the threat or discovering a mystery. That was part of what appealing of a trainer. That was why some people want to be a trainer.

Oh, shouldn't forget the ice shaver.

Lena, of course, was not one of the trainers for glory.

---
Macreousville was cold. Which was something Lena should have expected of a city covered in snow but she somehow didn't. While the temperature alone might stop her from eating shaved ice right there and right then, it didn't dissuade her from looking for an ice shaver.

After she greeted Professor Joshua good bye (her hand still hurted), she looked around the city and organised her thought.

She would need to buy warm clothings first. Then borrow a kitchen to make poffin, visit a place to print her pictures, look for an ice shaver, call for her mom, buy a diary... there was a lot to do.

"So," she turned to Ashley and Rufus. "we meet in pokemon centre? I need to run some errands. Might be boring and take a while, so, yeah."

Oh, she should find some syrup, too. Shaved ice with no syrup is no good.

Cora Armstrong
Not much emotion was appearing on Cora's face besides pure concentration. Her attention was mostly focused on the battle before her. So when she heard a shout of encouragement from the sidelines, her serious demeanor cracked a smile when she realized that Adam was cheering them on. She had nearly forgotten that he was there. With that slight interruption, her tension eased up a bit. She hadn't realized that she had stiff shoulders until she cracked a smile over to the bigger man.

An even wider smile appeared on Cora's face when she saw the Machops down from the battle. Ryder had a smile of his own on his face as he rested on one knee, somewhat worn from the battle. Cora looked over to Maya for a brief moment and gave her a thumbs up, "Nice work." Her attention then returned to the defeated opponent as he threw some cash their way. Quickly Cora made her way over to scoop up her share of the money before any natural elements swept them away.

But the girl froze when she heard the exclamation of boss from Jimmy. Slowly Cora looked up and saw a tall individual with a large trenchcoat. Everything about the figure screamed suspicious and even dangerous. Compared to Jimmy, the newcomer definitely oozed out power. So much so that Cora began re-evaluating her initial impression of Team Blackleaf. Perhaps they were something to be feared at the moment.

The mysterious figure turned her attention over to the trio once she had said her piece to Jimmy. Cora gritted her teeth when she heard the threat from the coated individual. But her frustration soon turned into worry as she noticed Ryder's attention fully enraptured by the appearance of a black and gold Pokeball appearing from the coat of the figure. An ultraball. Most of the time it was a capsule used to contain stronger, higher-leveled Pokemon. Not all the time, but most of the time considering their price and capabilities. Ryder knew this fact because of the rare occurrence of seeing one. So immediately the Pokemon associated the Pokeball with a strong Pokemon in it, which meant a challenge.

Ryder's pupils contracted as he watched the Ultraball. His ears stood up straight and he kept his breathing slow. Cora could tell from his posture that he was readying himself to battle. Sometimes the Riolu was wise in his decisions, but when it came to battles his judgment can become clouded. Which at this moment it was. Before the Pokemon could commit to a mistake, Cora ran up to the Pokemon and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Stand down Ryder. We cannot win this fight." It pained the girl to say the truth, but she needed to. For Ryder's sake.

At first it didn't appear as though the Riolu heard her as he continued to stare down the strange individual ahead of them. His eyes were still unblinking and focused on the Ultraball and his breathing was coming out in slow, tense breaths. But the longer Cora's hand stayed on his shoulder, the less tense he became. Ryder glanced over to Cora then with anger burning in his eyes. For a moment Cora thought he was going to ignore her but he stood up slowly then and gave her a slight nod. He trusted her judgment and decision.

"I think we'll pass for now." It was somewhat hard for Cora to say those words, but at the same time not as her eyes flickered between the covered face and the Ultraball.

InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Orikanyo Orikanyo KageYuuki KageYuuki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back