• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: The Chosen Ones [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I don't recall an age limit in the original RP, but best to wait for confirmation, just in case.
But this is also pokemon, where ten year olds set out on dangerous journeys alone so I doubt it'll be an issue. Given more of the characters are in their late teens and mid twenties it would be interesting to have a child trainer.
I am shocked there aren't more children characters, I was expecting many more forever 10 year olds.

I am shocked there aren't more children characters, I was expecting many more forever 10 year olds.
All my characters tend to default to young adults now, and I played a lot of pokemon tabletop where the dm preferred adult characters, so I guess it's a force of habit.

All my characters tend to default to young adults now, and I played a lot of pokemon tabletop where the dm preferred adult characters, so I guess it's a force of habit.
I usually play younger characters, as I am still in school myself I find it is much easier to relate and write younger charatcters. I can play adults, I just done do it often.

I usually play younger characters, as I am still in school myself I find it is much easier to relate and write younger charatcters. I can play adults, I just done do it often.
I've always tended to gravitate toward characters around my age, I think it's a familiarity thing like you mentioned.
Small pokemon trainer would be a nice break from the adults/ older teens, and make for some adorable interactions with Giratina so I hope she gets approved.

StarryKnights StarryKnights if you hurt my baby Lotus I swear xD
explosiveKitten explosiveKitten will end you as well. That Shaymin is also her baby.

Also! What about character meetups? I was thinking maybe Graci met her in a sort of Ilex Forest kind of situation? Like she was wandering a forest with her Pokemon and found Lotus? Most of my original lore for her also stems from that.

Hey! Sorry about that, I ended up falling asleep.

Beebasaur Beebasaur Originally I was going to say 16+, since I am concerned with how dark this RP could go, knowing myself. But I think I'd be willing to bump it down to 14+. Reason why some legendaries are so young, like Lotus or Jiri is because they might be a lot older than they appear so I'm okay with those.

I've always tended to gravitate toward characters around my age, I think it's a familiarity thing like you mentioned.
Small pokemon trainer would be a nice break from the adults/ older teens, and make for some adorable interactions with Giratina so I hope she gets approved.
Question: What is Giritina's Nature? I am working on my character sheet and I am doing the pokemon team part so I was hoping to put down Giritina's nature, Ability and maybe their level?

StarryKnights StarryKnights if you hurt my baby Lotus I swear xD
explosiveKitten explosiveKitten will end you as well. That Shaymin is also her baby.

Also! What about character meetups? I was thinking maybe Graci met her in a sort of Ilex Forest kind of situation? Like she was wandering a forest with her Pokemon and found Lotus? Most of my original lore for her also stems from that.
Well Graci is a wandering cartographer and all around recluse, so the two of them meeting in a forest would make sense. She was probably mapping the forest and got herself turned around xD

Graci is also a lover of grass and bug type pokemon, so she'd lose her shit if she met a tiny shaymin.

Question: What is Giritina's Nature? I am working on my character sheet and I am doing the pokemon team part so I was hoping to put down Giritina's nature, Ability and maybe their level?

Huh, you know I hadn't thought of any of that xD
Well it's ability by default is Pressure, but it switches to Levitate when he switches to his orgin form.
I'm not sure if move lists and things are limited like they are in the games... Let me ask Sapphire and I'll get back to you.

Well Graci is a wandering cartographer and all around recluse, so the two of them meeting in a forest would make sense. She was probably mapping the forest and got herself turned around xD

Graci is also a lover of grass and bug type pokemon, so she'd lose her shit if she met a tiny shaymin.

Huh, you know I hadn't thought of any of that xD
Well it's ability by default is Pressure, but it switches to Levitate when he switches to his orgin form.
I'm not sure if move lists and things are limited like they are in the games... Let me ask Sapphire and I'll get back to you.
I'm not adding move lists as I feel like that is something we can figure out as we go. All I need is his nature and his level :D

I'm not adding move lists as I feel like that is something we can figure out as we go. All I need is his nature and his level :D
Hmm, well shit I hadn't thought of that either xD
Let's just go with 50 for now, as that is what Giratina is at when you encounter them in game.

Hey! Sorry about that, I ended up falling asleep.

Beebasaur Beebasaur Originally I was going to say 16+, since I am concerned with how dark this RP could go, knowing myself. But I think I'd be willing to bump it down to 14+. Reason why some legendaries are so young, like Lotus or Jiri is because they might be a lot older than they appear so I'm okay with those.
Lmao nah. Lotus is definitely a child. But I've had her in much, much darker plots that this. explosiveKitten explosiveKitten can attest to this

I turned on email updates so why aren't they working.
Updates on RPN are always wonky, though I don't receive email ones. Sometimes I don't get notifications on threads though, it's kinda annoying.

Hey! I was catching up on the conversation and I just want to set the record straight - there are no movesets and there are no levels.

All I ask is that you are realistic. For example, Mew is a pretty powerful Pokemon but with having Jade, a novice as a trainer as well as only knowing Mew for roughly a year, they won't battle very well at first. I like to think that in order to be successful, the bond between Pokemon and trainer has to be developed and fortified.

Scarlett might have an easier time because she's known Entei and has battled Pokemon for 11 years. However, she might still have a bit of difficulty since Entei was essentially her parent and she didn't battle with him much. They have a father, daughter power dynamic which can be an issue when they start battling since the trainer is supposed to be the master and the Pokemon is supposed to be the battle companion.

As far as what your legendary is capable of, I would do research on that Pokemon, see what their Pokedex entry looks like and figure out for yourself what you think your Pokemon is capable of and if you're not sure about something, I'm more than happy to help. Just PM me your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back