• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

4afde3bbd0ce4ec3f9ba0f750913b9af.png

TEAM NOVA

Press Start

Hello. Welcome to the world of pokémon. I am ████████. People call me ███████████████████████████████████. This world is inhabited by creatures called pokémon. For some people, pokémon are pets. Others use them for fights. I wonder... what will they become to you?

Welcome to the interest check for Pokémon - Team Nova! The story pitch for this is relatively simple: An evil team has finally succeeded in taking over the pokemon world. There are people trying to bring them down. Conflict ensues. See, simple.

To flesh out that skeleton with some actual details, the group that's taken over the pokemon world is called Team Nova. They had been around for about 10 years as a fringe group spouting nonsense about the threat to humans posed by pokemon and dangers of people becoming too close with pokemon. During the Pokemon World Tournament, which that year was being held at the Indigo Plateau in Kanto, there was an incident where pokemon suddenly began attacking and killing their trainers and spectators in the crowd. The broadcast was immediately cut, but clips of the carnage inside the stadium have gotten around. Ever since then incidents involving pokemon suddenly going berserk and attacking humans indiscriminately have become more and more commonplace. Team Nova, once considered a group of raving lunatics, was suddenly validated, and the group quickly capitalized on the shift in public opinion by going out of their way to put themselves in danger in order to protect civilians from rampaging pokemon. They might still be crazy, but now they were crazy heroes to most people.

Everything changed when Team Nova announced they had come up with technology that could temporarily bring the rampaging pokemon under control. This technology was called Starburst, and its purpose was not to calm out of control pokemon but to completely control any pokemon. With it they could take full control of any pokemon, make any pokemon rampage and attack whoever they chose and then bring it back under control just as easily, making themselves out to be the heroes. Of course pokemon trainers, those with the closest bonds to pokemon, were skeptical of both how pokemon were suddenly going berserk and how Team Nova seemed to benefit so much from it all. It was shame that by that point Starburst technology had been refined enough to take control of even trainers' pokemon. With the Bloody Indigo incident having taken out a large number of the top trainers in the world, Team Nova quickly silenced the remaining trainers that began to question their narrative of protecting the world from the pokemon threat.

Those still willing to fight back have regrouped under the banner of the old Pokemon League, calling themselves the Resistance. They are the last pebble in the road between Team Nova and complete control of the pokemon world.

Aaaaand that's the setup. Easier than an Ikea bookshelf and with nearly as many edges. There is a lot of lore and whatnot I've got prepared, but that isn't really important for an interest check. The world is a cobbled-together canon pulling elements from the games and manga mostly, including side games (for example the device Starburst is used from closely resembles a Capture Styler from Ranger), with a timeline almost as nonsensical as if people tried putting all the Legend of Zelda games into a single timeline... oh wait. IC I'm thinking a paragraph is enough of a minimum amount to give others something to work with. OOC will be on Discord unless enough people say they'd prefer sticking to a thread, but I've found that discord lets people chat and get familiar a lot easier.

This is a Pokemon RP in that it's set in the pokemon world, but it's definitely not a pokemon adventure involving kids happily catching their first pokemon and battling gyms. Battles will be closer to warfare, with higher stakes than losing your pocket change and blacking out while your mugger carries you back to the closest pokemon center. Starburst technology means your pokemon can become the enemy's pokemon in a literal flash, with almost zero hope of recovery, so pokemon becoming unreliable means alternative "weapons" have become popular both for Nova and the Resistance. Yes, you too can now get shot or stabbed in the pokemon world, yaaaaaay! Losing pokemon, getting injured, just up and dying, all that and more can be yours if Team Nova has their way with you. So, do you still want to join the Resistance?

Update:
The Character Thread is posted. Make sure to read through the tabs, especially the Rules and to find the OOC link.

Last edited:
It's baaaaack! I remember making a character for one of the previous versions but never finished her in the end. Guess it's time to remedy that. 😉

The shadow pokemon games were my childhood. Definitely interested!

It's baaaaack! I remember making a character for one of the previous versions but never finished her in the end. Guess it's time to remedy that. 😉

The shadow pokemon games were my childhood. Definitely interested!
Welcome again then. Those games are closest to what I'm aiming for here, so hopefully I can find a few others with fond memories of playing angsty pokemon wanting something similar. If you think of any questions feel free to ask, the basic premise isn't changed much from the last time I threw the idea out there.

Do the team nova uniforms have suspiciously short skirts?

Its basically tradition at this point.

but can i be part of nova as a commander or something not like the boss but like a commander
If there is enough interest to flesh out the Resistance I may open up some spots for Team Nova grunts, but right now I'm thinking start people in the Resistance and gradually open up Nova characters once the black and white battle lines grey out.

Do the team nova uniforms have suspiciously short skirts?

Its basically tradition at this point.
The first order of business upon taking over the world was mandating micro-skirts and mini-kilts for all persons.

I do really like the sound of this story so far. Availability is somewhat tentative right now while I finish up a semester of classes, but I should be free from tomorrow onward. I would be interested in checking it out!
(And if the opportunity to have characters on Team Nova does arise, I would love to explore this narrative hands-on from both sides; I am always a sucker for the antagonists' POV, haha.)

I do really like the sound of this story so far. Availability is somewhat tentative right now while I finish up a semester of classes, but I should be free from tomorrow onward. I would be interested in checking it out!
(And if the opportunity to have characters on Team Nova does arise, I would love to explore this narrative hands-on from both sides; I am always a sucker for the antagonists' POV, haha.)
same here bud

If there is enough interest to flesh out the Resistance I may open up some spots for Team Nova grunts, but right now I'm thinking start people in the Resistance and gradually open up Nova characters once the black and white battle lines grey out.

The first order of business upon taking over the world was mandating micro-skirts and mini-kilts for all persons.
perfection, as it should be.

Down to clown in Pokemon town. I want a baseball bat covered in barb wire and pokemon in make shift armor bby.

Since a few people seem interested, I suppose I have to get to work putting up the character thread, setting up the ooc discord server, and finalizing the story timeline to where the IC will kick off.

I've posted the character thread for anyone that wants to start thinking up a character idea. Make sure to give a peak through the tabs in the first post there to understand the current state of the setting before making your character. It isn't much reading, but the timeline is liable to give a person a headache if they stare at it too long. Or that might just be me.

should ask, we doing discord or a occ?

Also, bara or pretty lad?

should ask, we doing discord or a occ?

Also, bara or pretty lad?
Knew I was forgetting something! In all fairness it was like 3am...

Anyway, I added a link to join the discord to the character thread. It's got its own tab in the first post there.

Knew I was forgetting something! In all fairness it was like 3am...

Anyway, I added a link to join the discord to the character thread. It's got its own tab in the first post there.
beauty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back