• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon TCG: Twin Heroics

NoviceOfRoleplay

One Thousand Club
Pokemon  RP.png In an alternate universe, technology grew at a different pace. PokeBalls were last used in the equivilant of ancient Egypt. PokeCards were developed by humans for decades upon decades, these are cards that can hold pokemon, special items, or use unique programmable functions. The inventor of PokeCards made sure to impose restrictions on how PokeCards could work, thus resulting in a card game for all who declared themselves trainers!

The story of this roleplay stretches across two time periods in the Orre region and beyond; a modern time and past time. Notably, the past time has fashion and ideologies resembling the 1700s. Your character will have a modern and past version. What your character does in one time is what they exactly do in the other; however, special occasions will allow for one version of you character to do something different.

The stage is set in the two times for a plethora of disasters/joys to flourish.
oHb7AOA.png
Modern Time: A trainer has gained some attention by the media as of late. A trainer, that began only a year before, almost defeated the Sinnoh Elite Four. Now that news by itself isn't surprising, but the trainer used EX-Pokemon, special pokemon that haven't been seen in about 300 years. Organizations and individuals have been been invigorated to find any new source of PokeCards.

4iQeT9m.png
Past Time: EX-Pokemon are used and kept close by all higher class individuals. People have began to rebel against governments over having so much power. In order to quell the people's anger, U.N.P. (United Nation in Pokemon) was created as the first program to be supported by all western and eastern empires/monarchs. U.N.P. has setup Leagues in order to test trainers. Any trainers that beat a League are allowed and given EX- Pokemon.
Pokemon  RP.png
Sign-Ups!
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/pokemon-tcg-twin-heroics.344129/
Out of Character Chat !
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/pokemon-tcg-twin-heroics.344131/

Last edited:

Orre region is with history that has expanded even past historians' perspective. A history enriched in conquest, culture, and ,of course, cards. No better fit for your characters' step into this rich history than an greeting from your League Prof. Your characters has come to the humid outskirts of Orre region's Gateon Port. In the lab of the Prof. Your character is welcomed into repeating Orre's history...
When you entered the lights of the lab flickered on. In the darkness a figure stepped forward with a comforting smile, to some. The room erupts in light as the Pokemon lab is shown in its full glory.

oHb7AOA.png

H0l7bmn.png

"Hmm, I have the pleasure with all of you trainers. I will be your assigned professor, Prof. Colress...and please don't ask about my past experiences; I'm more than qualified-to find your potential. " Colress has been recently featured in the highly regarded Clock Magazine.
bKY8sGf.png
Colress spoke of his long family's history involving Team Plasma. Colress spoke of the Team Plasma's roots that stretched back centuries, how Team Plasma was belittled from a powerful empire in the past. The Colress family had always been the right hand to Plasma. Colress's retrospective dialogue of his sad reach to the familiar for his research of pokemon tugged on the heart strings. The story has already been declared a miraculous masterpiece of non-fiction in the literary world.

As noted in the interview, Colress's lab is filled an assortment of machines dirty screens watching Colress's personal pokemon. In the most auspicious of areas electricity would strike something for some reason. A mad scientist's home to too few.

4iQeT9m.png

C0aMteA.png

"Thou, oh thou lot have assembled. I am Professor Colress. My family has long held advisor roles to the great Plasmatic family. King Gropious selected me himself.Thy potential will surely be identified. "
Of course you can trust someone from King Gropious, the kind of the Plasmatic monarchy, a monarchy with an empire stretching across a third of the world. In this age of conquest, the Plasmatic family seems to have won with control over the Orre and Unova regions. As to keep the peace, which will be a tradition that will outlive the mighty empire, a League has been setup in Orre with various groups of trainers assigned to a Professor to look after the through their travels.

Due to Colress's status, he holds benefits such as general forgiveness by the king for his lab that isn't quite met to government conditions. Flasks cloth the walls in palette of bubbling blues and raging reds. Paintings of pokemon adorn the rare openings of flasks.

When text is outside designated border, it is assumed that information is applied to both time periods. Assume dialogue is adjusted to both time periods.
A table divides the trainers and Colress. On the table, a deck box with sphere in its center is white. Colress taps on the deck box while clearing his throat.

"Please enjoy each other in formalities. When you are ready we can designate what deck you are capable of using with this, the deck box what kind of energy you emit. As I'll show you in a bit, pokemon in PokeCards make use of energy emitted by trainers. The type of energy will determine what pokemon you can actually use. 70% percent of people are born able to emit energy of Fire, Water, or Electric. This deck box's sphere will glow a color accordingly. When you are ready, let us see the beginning of your potential. "
oHb7AOA.png
All replies should be your character in Modern period until notified by GM for now.
DreamBeat DreamBeat billthesomething billthesomething Life. Life. Pokegeek151 Pokegeek151 Exanis Exanis Assailant Assailant Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Math Math Kylesar1 Kylesar1 RainbowToRosie RainbowToRosie Aero Aero JayeTheKat JayeTheKat

Attachments

• Colross OpeningPast.png
    Colross OpeningPast.png
    392.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Colross Opening.png
    Colross Opening.png
    390.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Mood: Nervous, excited, mildly disappointed

Tags: NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay @ everyone else (there are so many of you)

Margo Antipalos

This was it, the day Margot and several other trainers would receive their first deck and start their journey. It was quite an important day full of excitement and anticipation. They were in the depths of Professor Colress’ lab, and the strange machines added to the general ambiance and energy.

Margot was bored out of her mind.

More than bored, she was irritated. Why did there have to be so many formalities? They were just getting cards. She knew about PokeCards already, she knew how to battle. But Colress just kept talking and talking. Her foot tapped a quiet staccato on the tile, her boot making a quiet click that probably annoyed at least one other person in the room. Not that she cared. This was all taking too long for her liking.

When Colress described the box and its properties, she immediately stepped forward. “I’ll go first,” she said. “I want my deck.”

Despite her impatience, she stepped forward to touch the box, she couldn’t help but feel excited. She didn’t really care what type she got; she knew she was going to make a fighting type deck as soon as she could in order to give her an edge when battling Thea, her sister, who used normal types.

Thinking about it now, what type had Thea gotten? Was she in the seventy percent? Probably not. Nothing about her was seventy percent. Would she be “normal,” though? If Margot was in the seventy percent and her sister wasn’t… She was suddenly nervous. She shook her head to clear it. If Thea had been in the thirty and Margot was, too, she would be special like her sister. If Margot was in the seventy and Thea was in the thirty, then she would be different from her sister, which would be nice. If they were both in the seventy, she wouldn’t feel as bad. And if Margot was in the thirty and Thea was in the seventy, well… She grinned at the idea, then reached out confidently for the box.

It was surprisingly cool beneath her fingers, smooth vinyl. She had been expecting the warm hum of machinery. It fit nicely in her hand, a good size that filled her palm snuggly like a tailored glove. For a moment, nothing happened. Her smile faded the longer it stayed white. What did it mean that it wasn’t changing color? Was it still reading her “energy” or whatever? Or was it something worse, something sinister, something tragic? Just as these thoughts had begun to drift into her head, the box began to glow a vibrant red. Fire, evidently.

Would this prevent me from making my fighting deck? she wondered with a start. If the color of this box says what kind of type you can use… But there were plenty of people who used more than those three types. More than thirty percent of people, surely. She would be fine, right?

“Fire it is, I guess,” she said, trying to sound casual, as if it didn’t matter that she hadn’t gotten fighting type, that she was in the seventy percent like a normal person, like Thea probably wasn’t. “When do I get my deck?”

Alyx Vince
Telling dad she wanted out for a while was all it took for him to help her start her journey. Unlike mom, dad was less of the protective type and more of the teach and set free type. He didn't even tell her what town mom was from. So that's why she couldn't help but be amazed when she arrived in Gateon Port only to find out that mom's family were all sailors. Apparently, she inherited mom's bright green eyes and insanely soft hair. They were surprisingly okay with mom leaving them behind. Alyx couldn't fathom why.

Now, as she stood with a small, but mostly tall, group of trainers in the staticky lab of an apparently famous professor (who's life story she was disinterested in but was made to listen to it anyway), she came to admit one thing: She was not prepared for this. If she was being perfectly honest with herself, everything that happened to lead up to this very moment was a coincidence. Her being in this town, her meeting her sailor relatives, her being in this lab, her being tested to be a trainer... Though they should be practically weightless, mom's PokeCards felt heavy in her pockets as she stared at the deck box.

Her finger twitched a moment before another crackle whispered in her ears. Sharp taps picked at her ear as Alyx listened as the professor explained what she assumed were the basics. It was useful. Dad never really bothered to explain these things, and she'd never bothered to ask anyone.

A woman went first, and Alyx noticed that the tapping stopped (though the crackles didn't). Her first impression of this towering woman was that she was an impatient one. With the way she was acting, it seemed like she'd done this before even though Alyx knew that such a thing was unlikely. Well, she wasn't in any hurry to find out her affinity. She wanted to wait until everyone else went.

Last edited:

Mood: nervous, hesitant

Tags: NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay

Robyn Genesis
Ever since Robyn had heard about PokeCards, it seemed as if her whole world had changed. She felt as if she was slowly beginning to hear more and more about them as the days went by. It was like an entire domino effect right after her grandfather first introduced them to her back then. It's just such an odd coincidence, She thought to herself at one point. What did it mean exactly, or did it mean nothing as her mind was only playing tricks on her? Robyn had no clue.

There was one thing she knew for sure, there was something about the PokeCards she didn't like. She couldn't put her finger on it. She would much rather have gotten her own real Pokémon instead of the different Pokémon that came from inside the PokeCards. The only reason she felt that she was holding PokeCards in her possession instead of having a true Pokémon companion or two at her side was that her grandfather convinced her.

Why couldn't I just tell him the truth? I'm sure he would've understood, She questioned herself, but she didn't get an answer in return. Without the answer, she was lost.

It wasn't long until she finally found something for her to do that was related to the PokeCards. She found herself in Gateon Port inside the laboratory of a man named Professor Colress.

She didn't know a lot about them, but she was aware that he was featured in the Clock Magazine. She looked over the article a while back; however, Robyn never really cared for what it was saying. She found it was boring.

Now, in a turn of events, she was standing before the professor. Robyn stood among other trainers inside of the laboratory, who she presumed also used PokeCards as she did. In silence, she listened to what Professor Colress had to say, slowly nodding her head as she took in the information. She held her hands together in front of her body as she carried a bag on her right arm. Inside, her PokeCards and other various items were inside, waiting for their use.

With the professor finishing, Robyn decided to glance around at the other trainers to take them in for a moment. She noticed the one who went up to the odd boxed sphere first didn't seem to be a very calm or patient person, but she decided not to think too much on it. As she was finishing up, Robyn decided to do as the professor said and introduce herself.

"Umm... H-Hello. My name is Robyn," The girl carefully told the others. For a few moments, she waited before she decided that she would walk up to the boxed sphere next. She extended her hand, holding it in her hands for a few moments as she patiently waited for what it would say. It felt odd for her hands to touch, and it felt a bit cold as well as it sent a small shiver down her spine. Considering her training with her grandfather, she had a feeling she already knew what color it was going to be, and it turned out she was correct: it was red.

Just red... Just the seventy percent, She thought to herself, letting out a sigh before she looked up at Professor Colress after taking her hands off of the deck box. "Um, Professor... I already have PokeCards with me... So if you don't want to, you don't need to give me any," Robyn assured the professor, reaching into her bag as she pulled out said PokeCards for him to see, silently holding them in front of her before allowing them to slip back into her bag.

Last edited:

Mood: Anxious, Ready

Tags: NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay

Antonio Callios

The evening shine glazed across the sky, the sand flew from the bottom of the wheels onto Antonio's face, Orre was beautiful, but the climate and it's vast deserts were nuisances to productive activities some of the time. The head of the small group of farmers he was travelling with was good friends with Antonio's father, one of the best trainers with Orre. They were bringing livestock across the desert to local markets, and their path just so happened to cross with Gateon Port. The Callios family had a favour owed to them, so this was the perfect opportunity to bypass travel fees on a train for Antonio. The farmers and Gateon Port was still a few kilometres apart, so it was the perfect time to do last minute preparations.

"G'luck, kid." The farmers waved goodbye as they set off from Gateon Port. The lab was huge, Antonio took a deep breath, and entered the gladiator arena sized lab.

Antonio had been waiting for this day for all of his life. Nothing had ever been more important than the buildup to the moment he could finally claim a fresh start and a new deck, and take retribution for his shameful loss against the first gym of Orre. The journey had been long and painful, and the professor looked like a total nerd. Everyone else seemed unapproachable.

After an awkward bit, the first one to took their deck stepped forward and got fire type cards. An irritated look stretched across her face as she took out her fire type deck. She seemed mesmerised by the aura of her cards

The second one to get their deck seemed more introverted than the first, and more patient, bothering to introduce themselves before claiming their cards. It seemed that fire was turning out to be more common within the seventy percent, as half of the trainers that were present in the room had gotten fire type cards.

Antonio gave a glance at the nearest trainer who hadn't went yet, who slightly nodded. He took the first step forward, and adrenaline pumped through him as he took his box. The matte finish of the bottom of the box felt superb to his old deck, the glass was tempered and Antonio didn't dare touch it out of fear he would smudge it with oils. It was and excellent peace of craftsmanship, he took one last look before blinking. The satisfaction of his first time was done, and he realised that he got a water type deck.

"Only in the seventy percent.."

But it was a contrast from the others who had already claimed their deck. Fire types would've been a huge step from Antonio's old deck, so he was glad he didn't fall in with the others. He stepped out of the way for the final trainer to claim their deck. He'd finally gotten his new deck, and a second chance to start. Born from the Callios family, Antonio was meant for greatness, however he still felt like breeding and taking care of Pokemon was a better choice than to battle with Pokemon. He'd decide that after he claimed all six gym badges, he'd go back to the roots of his Pokemon career. Antonio was ready.

Last edited:

Whenever there is a purple border post by GM, you may assume that all actions by character between timelines are exactly the same, unless noted in text.

Name: Prof. Colress
Relations:

P9qopY8.png

Relations:

mbblTa7.png

Trainer F1's hand was the quickest out of the other subjects. An itching familiarity with the subject crosses my worries.
Worst case scenario has a staggering 5% chance with F1: F1's potential is too lackluster and will eventually come to terms by sacrificing to gain a mere impression of power. Official hypothesis, If F1 understands shortcomings then F1 will give up on dreams. Let's see see if Trial 1 will support my hypothesis. Besides the important information...

Colress glances at Margot with emotionless eyes. His dart to his clipboard.

F2, from previous information, should make the best Fire energy user. Agate Village genetics will probably prevail, leaving her a potential subordinate for the Blue. It is fantastic to see her in an average state, those living in Agate village too long may suffer if they go through the long route. Official hypothesis, If F2 can accept Blue then she will -hmm. I may be making these hypothesis too simplistic. Yes that leaves room for them grow, but I am missing, something. Ahh, probably the population charts.

Speaking of population I should probably -
Robyn spoke with, "Um, Professor... I already have PokeCards with me... So if you don't want to, you don't need to give me any," with hesitation, Colress believed. Colress's emotionless eyes looked down on F2. This one's command of Fire may bring tragedy, the best users of Fire were erratic at birth; F2 doesn't have the eyes of destruction.

Colress chuckles, thinking of the possibility that a new type of great Fire user could flourish from Robyn, "Ahh, please show me the cards. If we are in luck you may already have an issued starter deck."

Colress walked toward the back of the lab, to a shelf full of books of cobwebs and trinkets. The books were a cascade of maroon's siblings; his hand reached behind the books to pull out a pamphlet that was a swirl of blue and red dyes, seemingly aged enough to be another pamphlet's grandfather. Colress thew the book onto the table; the book landing perfectly parallel to the table's edges.

Colress walked to the right of the room to a metal crate with a hugging lid. Colress popped the lid off, there was a few deck boxes each either having a decal of a fire, lightning bolt, or water drop.

As Antonio said,"Only in the seventy percent..." Colress smiled. From the crate Colress pulled out a deck box with a red flame decal. The box itself was made of some white plastic.

Colress's eyes drifted to E1. She seemed too laxed about her turn. Too lazy? No, timid. Able to be overcome, but difficult. Sadly, in addition, the Electric wouldn't suit the subject. E1 would also need extensive pushing in some circumstances. A troublesome trainer.
Colress (Past/Modern) will remember Alyx as timid.

Colress cleared his throat and said," Again, I remind you to take your turn when you are ready. I'd also remind you that this should be the perfect time to try to find a peer that you could call close. Of course, you may grow a plethora of friends, but you should have one you can rely on more than others, to supplement your strength. While you do these two things, I'll demonstrate all of you PokeCards with our anxious Margot. "

Colress tosses the deck box to Margot, containing a standard Fire deck.

The overall examination of current strength of subjects, F1 is strongest; W1 is the weakest. Colress's smile stayed proudly. Overall the trainers balanced out to be mediocre, a fantastic test group.

Last edited:
Margot Antipalos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As the other trainers took their turns checking their type affinity, Margot moved to the side, leaning against the wall with a bored expression while she waited for her deck. Honestly, this was all such a chore. She probably could have pulled some strings to do a private (faster) session, but she didn't want to draw that kind of attention to herself. And if she were to ride Thea's fame, she would never be able to live with herself.

Eventually, Colress pulled out a plain red deck box with a small flame decal. Margot stood up straighter, excited to do something. He tossed her the box, a very unprofessional move that Margot appreciated, and immediately she opened it, pulled out the stack of cards, and began to deftly flick through them. It wasn't a very good deck, and not just by Champion standards. It barely had any sense of theme or unity beyond type. The ratios were all off, and the cards themselves weren't very strong. It reminded her of the decks she used to design with Thea's extra cards before she knew what "strategy" was.

Even as she mentally complained about the deck, she began forming a tentative strategy. Colress said something about a demonstration that Margot didn't completely catch, but she quickly flipped over her deck and began shuffling. She frowned slightly as the cards slid past each other with a faint cardboard swish. I'll have to find some sleeves for these soon, she thought.

She stepped forward to stand in front of the professor. She didn't know what he was planning, but seeing as she was the only one with a deck so far, it was probably a battle. Margot was okay with that.

She studied the man in front of her, sizing up her odds. She was skilled for her age, but she knew she wasn't the best. Not yet, anyway. And this deck was poorly made and new to her. It was a demonstration match, though, so he was probably going to use another starter deck. His motives would determine which one. If he wanted to theoretically guarantee a win, he would use the water deck. If he wanted to test her abilities on a level playing field, he would use the electric deck.

It struck her then that the fire deck had the most disadvantages in typing. Lighting beats water, water beats fire, but fire had no advantage in this trio. And lighting has no weakness here.

It wouldn't really matter which deck he used. It would be fair in that regard. It was his skill that would be the deciding factor. Colress was a professor and knew a lot about PokeCards. But it was possible he didn't have much field experience, instead working in hypotheses and theories. She couldn't bank on that, though. She would not underestimate him.

"What do you need me to do?" she asked confidently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay

Relations: Alyx - believes to be a timid person.

P9qopY8.png

mbblTa7.png

From Colress's left pocket, he pulls out a deck box covered in claw marks and gray gear decals, the box seemingly made of a similar plastic but bright blue. He opens up the deck box; he pulls out two cards and studies them. Choosing a simple card would probably be more appropriate. Colress places one card back into the deck and shows the front of the card to his audience.

SM2_EN_69.png

Colress coughed and said, "This is a pokemon. Now depending on how old your pokemon card is, it may look a little different, but all the information displayed should be generally the same. They may not feel like it, PokeCards are also extremely sturdy, so you don't have to worry about your pokemon being safe. The first thing you should know is how to bring your pokemon out. "

Colress squeezes the front and back of the card. The card bursts into an orange light. The light strikes the ground and beings to dim, revealing a Nosepass. Nosepass begins to waddle around the room. Above Nosepass, the PokeCard for Nosepass slowly rotates.

"Another thing you should know, is that if you have a problem reading the text on the card," Colress looks to Nosepass and makes an enlarging motion with his pointer finger and thumb; the PokeCard above Nosepass becomes huge. "The card will also make sure to track your movements to be relatively in your range of sight."

Colress takes a few steps back,Nosepass follows, making him and Nosepass in a large clearing in the lab. F1 should have plenty of room to show off the subject's current power to the group. The interesting part of this trial will be how the other subjects will treat F1 after seeing that this subject is the current strongest. With the push to begin to pick-out favorites, will the subjects band together against the strongest? Could the strongest become the favored? All these possibilities that only a philospher should dwindle time with. The most enjoyable, rewarding, activity is finding results.

Pokegeek151 Pokegeek151

Margot Antipalos
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Margot gave a slightly confused look when Colress launched into his explanation of how PokeCards worked. Did he really have to explain the basics like this? Were the other people--kids--that new to all this?

The demonstration was not what she had been expecting, either. Just showing off her Pokémon? Easy, if boring. She flicked through her deck and pulled out the Tauros card.

None of the other basic Pokémon could do enough damage to the Nosepass to knock it out before they ran out of HP. She considered sending a series of smaller, weaker Pokémon to wear it down, but this didn't look like it was going to be a proper battle, so her normal strategies wouldn't work as well. And besides, if this was some test, using canon fodder to wear down the Nosepass wouldn't be as impressive.

She went through the familiar motions, sending out the large bull Pokémon with her arm extended in a flourish akin to what Thea did. Not that she realized it, though.

Once the Pokémon had been released, she stood at the ready. She didn't know what Colress wanted her to do yet, unsure if she should be battling or just parading her Pokémon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P9qopY8.png

mbblTa7.png

"Now when battling with PokeCards, the PokeCards have a system that force players to take turns in batting. The goal in the battle is to fight and defeat your opponent's pokemon with yours. To start a battle, you take 6 random cards from your deck." Colress hands reach out and Nosepass card returns to Colress. Nosepass disapears, leaving only the PokeCard. Colress shuffles the PokeCard into his deck. He grabs six PokeCards face down and throws them to side of him. The PokeCards glow, enlarge, and hover around Colress.

"When one of your opponent's pokemon is defeated, which is called a Knock Out, you get one of these cards back. These cards are your Prize Cards. Remember,
you don't know what cards you have as a Prize Card, an important card may be a Prize Card. When the battle begins, both trainers draw 5 cards," Colress draws 5 cards from his deck, " This is your hand. Margot would you like to explain how how to start your turn, and what/how many pokemon you can bring out for battle?"

Pokegeek151 Pokegeek151

Margot Antipalos
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Margot returned the Tauros to the card and shuffled it back into her deck. She smiled at the prospect of a real battle with her own cards.

She picked up her hand and studied the cards there. First things first, she had to choose her Pokémon. The only basics she had were a Growlithe and a pair of Eevees. She considered the rest of her hand, then put down one of the Eevees into the active spot and the other two Pokémon onto her bench. She could fit five, but two was all she had. It would be plenty, though.

"You can only play basic Pokémon onto the field directly. You start with one in the front. It's your active. The rest go onto the bench. Five max. Once both players are ready, you flip them over and the first player does their turn." As she spoke, she picked up her Pokemon, which had been placed facedown on the table, and flipped them face up for everyone to see.

"Start your turn by drawing a card." Following her own instructions, she drew the top card of her deck into her hand, considering how it would affect her Strategy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay Better?

Last edited:

Mood: timid, nervous

Tags: NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay DreamBeat DreamBeat

Robyn Genesis
As Robyn waited for Professor Colress's response to her having a deck of cards already, she couldn't help but feel herself shiver from the icy cold stare. She wasn't sure whether she deserved it or not, but the girl couldn't help but feel timid for a brief few moments.

The tension inside of her was relieved as she heard the professor let out a chuckle. She held back the sigh that was attempting to escape from her lips as she carefully listened to what he had to say. "O-oh! Sure, I can show you them," She responded, biting her lip for having put them back inside of her bag prematurely. She took them back out of the bag, but at that point, the professor was already at the other side of the lab.

At that moment, Robyn decided to take a look through her deck of cards one more time, going through them. She wasn't sure if the deck she had was the standard starter deck, but she knew for a fact it was definitely a fire deck. There were other cards in her hand as well that were not Fire Pokémon, like the Tauros, which was a normal type instead. Robyn didn't know whether or not it was normal for standard starter decks to have Pokémon like Tauros, but she figured she would learn whether her deck was fine when the professor looked it over.

She figured he was not going to look at it at that moment. He was currently distributing PokeCards to the trainers who didn't have their own already. Robyn wasn't prepared to catch a deck as the others had to be due to the Professor tossing the cards, but she didn't worry about it. Most likely, he won't give her one unless her deck wasn't standard enough to his liking.

There was one thing that caught her attention that she heard the professor mention. He said it was good to get a friend at a time like this. She couldn't help but feel tense as she glanced around at the other trainers in the room. Oh... But what if none of them want to be my friend? She thought to herself, clasping her hands together and tightening her grip.

It wasn't long until Professor Colress decided to demonstrate how to battle to the trainers inside of the room, volunteering Margot to assist him. Although she recalled what her grandfather taught her about PokeCards, she knew it was best to listen to what they had to teach. It was always good to review the game, especially since she had only played with her father in the past. For all she knew, he may have modified a rule or two from how PokeCards are officially handled.

In silence, Robyn watched as Professor Colress and Margot began the demonstration, looking at the Nosepass that was summoned for a few brief moments before it was called back to its card. The fear of whether or not someone would actually want to be her friend or not was getting to her, but she wasn't sure how exactly she could approach anyone about it.

She looked over at a trainer who, unbeknownst to Robyn, was named Alyx. Carefully, Robyn approached her. To her horror, she wasn't certain what to possibly say to the girl. "Um... Hello," She greeted, standing beside the girl. "...What's your name?" Robyn asked out of curiosity. The only other trainer's name that she knew was Margot, but that was because the professor addressed her as such. She figured it was a decent enough question to ask.

She's going to think you're weird... That's your fault, Robyn scolded herself, frowning as she glanced toward the ground before looking back up at the demonstration. She took in the explanations they were giving about using PokeCards, using the moment as a way to refresh her memory.

Alyx Vince
As the rest of the trainers stepped up to determine their affinities, Alyx watched on, intrigued. When everyone seemed to have finished, the professor walked to a bookshelf and came back with a book. What... was that? She eyed it curiously, vaguely remembering having seen it before. Her curiosity showed on her face, and she had no qualms about showing such openness. It wouldn't do any good to pretend to be confident in this setting when she really had no clue what this was or what he was going to do with it. It sure looked old though. By the time she came to her senses, everyone seemed to have gotten a white box, probably their decks. Again, she became conscious of the few cards residing in her pocket.

"Again, I remind you to take your turn when you are ready. I'd also remind you that this should be the perfect time to try to find a peer that you could call close. Of course, you may grow a plethora of friends, but you should have one you can rely on more than others, to supplement your strength. While you do these two things, I'll demonstrate all of you PokeCards with our anxious Margot."

Since she was the only remaining trainer who hadn't taken her turn yet, she could only assume that he was singling her out. Something about him rubbed her the wrong way, but she ignored it. She didn't want to think about it right now. His comment made her want to get her affinity checked as soon as possible, but she stopped in her tracks when he started talking again. She didn't want to miss anything important. It made her feel weirdly vulnerable, not knowing anything about this world. It was her own doing, she knew, and she didn't regret anything. But since she hadn't felt this way before, when she stayed purposefully blissful, Alyx couldn't say she liked the feeling.

Professor Colress explained, and she was caught off guard by the sudden flash of light. In a split second, her body jerked in response. Her head knew that there was nothing to fear, so she ended up not moving from her spot, but...she almost moved to avoid... a waddling Pokemon. She felt a tad embarrassed for being jumpy about this. Who could blame her, really? For all the Pokemon she'd seen in her years, she'd never seen one appear like this.

Her attention shifted to the floating card above the Pokemon. Nothing unusual there. She'd seen a traveling psychic or two. When the card enlarged, she couldn't help her eyes from widening. She shouldn't have been surprised when the six cards he threw also enlarged and started hovering around him. She was.

It didn't take her long to understand how the game was played. That woman Margot wasn't a beginner from the way she handled the card with ease. Like the way Alyx could steal with ease. Years of practice.

"Um... Hello," She greeted, standing beside the girl. "...What's your name?"

Her eyes moved to the voice, and her head followed. Alyx was thrown off by the way the girl (Robyn, she remembered) asked a question, only to frown and turn away. It looked like she was uncomfortable. She couldn't guess why when Robyn was familiar with Pokemon like Margot was. The girl even had her own deck. Following Robyn, Alyx looked at the demonstration. Thinking that it was about time, she reached for the box. It was cold to the touch, almost like how it felt when she touched the buildings from Pyrite from the inside. She didn't know what to expect. The box glowed yellow, and she didn't know what to do after. So, Alyx went back to her previous spot until the professor threw her a deck like he did to everyone else.

"Name's Hera," she said finally. Her voice came out only a bit louder than a whisper, and she sent a small smile at her for good measure. Alyx wasn't sure if lying was the brightest idea,
seeing that the professor knew their names... Alyx would figure it out later.

Last edited:

P9qopY8.png

mbblTa7.png

"Hmm not the most eloquently said, the general idea is correct. Each player can bring out as many pokemon they want, but there are restrictions. 1) One pokemon on your side of the feld will be leading your other pokemon, that is called you r Active Pokemon. All other pokemon on your side of the field is called pokemon on your Bench. While pokemon is a Active Pokemon, you can have that Pokemon attack your opponent's Active Pokemon. When an Active Pokemon is Knocked Out, the a new Active Pokemon is immediately chosen from a player's Bench Pokemon. 2) The second restriction to pokemon is that you can only have 6 pokemon on your side of the field; one Active Pokemon and up to five Bench Pokemon. There is no limit to how many different pokemon you can have in a single deck, just on the field. Aslo note, you can only bring pokemon out on your turn. 3) The last restriction on pokemon is that you can only bring out Basic pokemon from your hand straight to the field without any limitations. "
SM2_EN_69.png
"You might remember that near the near the top of the card you saw the word Basic on Nosepass's PokeCard. This means I can bring out Nosepass straight from my hand. When a battle begins, each trainer chooses a Active Pokemon to start with, which must be a Basic Pokemon, then decide how many if any pokemon to put on your Bench from your hand in the beginning of the battle. "

Colress squeezes on a PokeCard in his hand to bring out a Nosepass in the same flash of light. Nosepass tilts back and forth while facing Margot's Eeevee.

"Now to attack you to use a Energy card, once per turn you can attach a Energy card from your hand to a pokemon on your side of the field. Pokemon display what specific energies they need for an attack. Now the peculiar thing about energies is that were you focus your own energy into an Energy card."

Colress shows off a Fire Energy PokeCard in his hand.
127382_200w.jpg
Colress's hand glows red, then the PokeCard has a red light int the shape of a flickering flame surrounding it.

"All of you can probably only handle using 10 energy cards from your Type due to all of you being beginners. Now Margot what else would you like to do for your turn?"

Pokegeek151 Pokegeek151

hey guys, thought i'd post this here since none of you are on discord and it's just a few hours before i get on airport..

this roleplay has been really fun for me and i wished i could've stayed longer, but as always my parents are planning to send me to a summer camp a few days when i get back home, and even after that i have private algebra classes.. thanks to all of you for having me, i hope you can continue this roleplay succesfully, good luck!

Margot is in black text.

Relations:

P9qopY8.png

Relations:

mbblTa7.png

Margot wasn’t really listening to Colress’ explanation. Her starting hand was not great, and she was figuring out how to work around it. It was almost entirely cards she couldn’t use yet. She flicked through her cards, reversing the order back and forth more for the faint swishing sound they made than for any practical reason. Her foot was tapping where she stood. She didn’t like standing to play. She had always played analog style, sitting at a table without summoning the Pokemon.
She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, releasing a breath. She pulled a fire energy from her hand, squeezed the center, and, once her hand had been surrounded by the faint red light, threw the card towards the Growlithe on the bench. Her preference was to toss it sideways like a frisbee, but she had seen many trainers do it underhand like a ball. “I end my turn,” she said, her tone neutral despite her inner frustration at the bad hand.

Colress drew a card from his deck, making his hand 5 cards. Colress nodded to Margot with a slight smile, “Your peer has successfully attached an energy to Growlithe, now give it a few seconds and-” A red sphere the size of a beach ball, with a flame decal, encircles Growlithe, “Now the opposing trainer, me can clearly see the attached energy. Now it is my turn to figure out how to defeat my opponent. You should all note that the player who goes first in the battle cannot attack with Pokemon on their first turn. Now in my situation, I might take my turn to take advantage of a Trainer PokeCard. Trainer PokeCards hold items or activate functions that could give you an edge in a battle. “

Colress reveals Switch.
BW1_EN_104.png

“You can identify Trainer cards by the word trainer in the top corner of a PokeCard. Now there are different types of Stadium cards, but you can figure those out for yourself.”
Colress reveals Scorched Earth from his hand.
XY5_EN_138.png

“I activate this Stadium Trainer Card, Scorched Earth.”
Colress squeezes the center of the card. A hot gale is released into the laboratory. The room begins to become hotter and hotter. The floorboards begin to split to allow a rock ground to arise. Magma flows out of the card and surrounds the trainers and audience with a magma tornado. Nothing can be seen through ferocious magma, then it all falls, to reveal a landscape of volcanoes and a humongous sun that beats down on all of the trainers.

“I have changed our battle field, thus this type of Stadium affects both trainers.” Colress’s Stadium Trainer PokeCard leaves his hand floats far above and between the two Active Pokemon, Eevee and Nosepass.

Margot grinned a bit when Colress played the Scorched Earth, though he was busy explaining the rules and didn’t see. Once her turn began, she drew a card from her deck. “I’m going to use the stadium card,” she declared, discarding a fire energy to draw two cards. Her eyebrow raised a fraction for an instant, but otherwise her poker face stayed true. She played a Ponyta onto her bench, squeezing the center of the card so that the flaming horse stood at her side. She pulled a fire energy from her hand and activated it, throwing it towards the Growlithe. “I end my turn without attacking.”

Colress dons a scowl and draws a card. F1 has four Pokemon on the field. She was attaching energy to her Bench pokemon instead of her Active Pokemon, which means she is okay with waiting to attack, since her Active Pokemon needed energy to attack. Colress reveals the Item Trainer Card “Great Ball” from his hand.
118.jpg

“Your peer is doing very well in attaching energy and making use of this Stadium card’s effects. However...It seems to be appropriate time for me to be aggressive, “ Colress squeezes the Great Ball PokeCard; the card emits a light and a Great Ball flies out of the card and lands into Colress’s other hand, “This item has a very different use than a regular Great Ball due to the PokeCard’s effects. “ Colress presses the button on the Great Ball, the Great Ball opens up to reveal seven PokeCards. Colress grabs a card and closes the Great Ball. The Great Ball and its PokeCard disappear..

“All cards that leave the field during a battle merely go to your discard pile. You will have all of your PokeCards back into your deck once the battle ends… One more thing, to evolve Pokemon.” Colress shows Probopass in his hand.
pkm_smgr_86rev.jpg
Colress squeezes the PokeCard. It becomes grey then flies and strikes Nosepass. Nosepass’s body becomes pure light as it grows and shifts. The light dissipates, leaving a Probopass with its PokeCard above its head.
“I don’t have the appropriate energy for Probopass, but its HP, located at the top right of the PokeCard, allows it to take a lot of damage. “

Margot wordlessly drew a card to start her turn. She didn’t listen to Colress’ explanations, though she did pick up on his frustrated praise. Beyond the cards themselves, there was a psychological strategy that was constantly in use. She could sense his annoyance at her success, and that would make him sloppy. He would probably go on the offensive soon as a way to show his power. But she would be ready.

She attached another fire energy to the Growlithe, look directly at Colress as she did, her expression emotionless. Unnerving. She had gotten good at that particular expression over the years. It was great for distracting her opponents, who were often older. They tended to underestimate the assuming little girl. She was older now, less cute and more pretty, but she still knew how best to mess with her opponents. Colress was a man of science, and seeing something as unnatural as her emotionless facade on her cherubic features would work best.

The Growlithe had three energies attached, more than one might think it would need to attack. But Margot had been planning ahead. She pulled another card from her hand. “I evolve my Growlithe into Arcanine.”
XY9_EN_11.png
She caught a look on Colress’ face, and she couldn’t help but smirk. “I also play a Switch.”
BW1_EN_104.png

The Eevee stood up a bit straighter as a series of concentric glowing rings appeared below it. The same set of rings appeared below the Arcanine, who knelt down into a predatory crouch. The circles began to spin and the Eevee was pulled backwards suddenly. The Arcanine leapt upwards as the rings below it moved to the active spot, and it landed dead center. The Pokemon had traded positions, the fully charged fire beast taking the place of the defenseless Eevee.
“Arcanine uses Flamethrower.” The beast opened its gaping maw, red flames forming and building while one of the energy bubbles around it fizzled away, the cost of the attack. Once the fire began to spill out, the Arcanine launched its attack at the Probopass. The defending Pokemon was enveloped in flames for a few seconds. Once the red flames receded, it was revealed that the Probopass had been knocked out.

“Flamethrower does ninety damage, but Probopass, a steel type, is weak to fire, so it did double damage.” She picked up one of the face down prize cards without looking at it. “And now you’re out of Pokemon, so I win.”

Colress shrugs, “Ahh yes, if I have no pokemon on the Bench, then I lose.”

The laboratory appears normal. All PokeCards/Pokemon return to decks.

Last edited:

Mood: relieved

Tags: DreamBeat DreamBeat

Robyn Genesis
After Robyn tried to introduce herself to the other girl, she noticed that she went over to the device that they had all used earlier. She didn't use it before the demonstration... She recalled to herself. The girl couldn't help but glance at the girl, noticing that the box was glowing yellow instead of red as it did for herself and Margot.

Upon noticing the girl was about to turn to face her again, Robyn quickly shifted her head back toward the demonstration, watching as an energy card was placed on the field. She continued to watch in silence until the girl, who apparently returned to the spot she was at prior to leaving to the box, finally responded to Robyn's greeting. She said her name was Hera.

Of course, Robyn had no reason to believe 'Hera' was lying to her already. She didn't know 'Hera' from the past, so Robyn knew nothing about her to make her believe otherwise. Her head darted up after processing her name, noticing the smile that 'Hera' offered her. The oblivious Robyn returned the favor, the corners of her lips moving upward as she was glad it turned out her attempt at introducing herself appeared to be a success.

"Umm..." After having been giving 'Hera' a smile for a few moments, she found herself trying to continue the conversation. "...Did you have any experience with PokeCards before?" Robyn asked, raising an eyebrow as she silently waited for 'Hera's' response.

Meanwhile, Robyn continued to take in the information that the battle was offering them. It had all been a review for the girl so far, but she felt it was nice that she was able to be refreshed on the usage of PokeCards. Despite this, she couldn't help but feel surprised as the stadium took its form inside of the laboratory. Hesitantly, Robyn removed her hat, deciding to use it to try and cool herself down as the temperature rose inside of the room.

Robyn didn't have a lot of other thoughts about the battle as it continued to progress. She continued to watch in her mundane, silent trance. In the same silence, she watched as Margot defeated the professor after he sent out Probopass. With her knowledge of Pokémon types, she had a feeling the battle was going to end in a victory for Margot after the steel type came out on the field against a fire type trainer.

To the girl's relief, the end of the battle caused the temperature of the room to lower. Robyn put her hat back on to her head, glad it was back where it belonged and in a cooler environment. She looked between the professor and Margot, watching them for a few moments before the girl remembered the professor's earlier request. She reached her hand into her bag.

After a moment, she took out her deck of PokeCards from her bag, looking them over again for a moment before looking toward the professor. "Professor? You wanted to see my deck of cards, right?" The girl asked as she held them out for him to look through.

Alyx Vince"Umm..." Robyn said again. Alyx once again let her eyes wander to the girl, missing more than a few moments of the demonstration. She was listening to the professor, but it would've been nice to see. "...Did you have any experience with PokeCards before?" She raised her eyebrows in (what Alyx thought in her short time knowing Robyn was) an uncharacteristic manner.

Alyx's mouth twitched upwards."Yeah, I have some experience. I'm guessing you have some experience too." The words flowed from her mouth without her having to think about it. In a way, it was true. Cassandra had a deck of her own, and Alyx claimed a few of those cards. Taking into account that Alyx was here, learning about PokeCards and the game and what-not, yes. She had some experience with PokeCards before this present moment.

Anyway, Robyn didn't show signs of responding anytime soon, so her eyes drifted back to the demonstration just in time to see a red ball with a flame symbol float next to Morgot's Growlithe. Ah... All these rules. Rules, rules, and more rules. She could start to see why Margot was impatiently tapping her foot. She knew all the rules already. Alyx thought that nothing else spectacular would happen. And then that happened.

Aaaaaah!! What the-!
Her mental scream was formidably loud. She panicked but didn't dare move. Damn, so hot. Is... Is this real? Alyx didn't want to test it out in fear of getting burned. This kind of game could get intense, and she didn't like that. Alyx frowned.

Margot won, which was unexpected because her opponent was a professor. Maybe professors weren't all that experienced. The heat finally subsided, and Alyx shivered slightly at the sudden touch of cool air. Alyx had a real bad feeling wriggling inside her chest. She just knew that she would be involved in more trouble than she's been involved with before.

She thought this was a card game. What kind of card game includes Pokemon being summoned in flashes of light, said Pokemon attacking for real, more PokeCards floating around the trainer, the landscape changing to LAVA HAVEN, and everything being transported everywhere?

She should have asked around to get an idea of what kind of game this was no matter how troublesome it seemed back then. Then, she would have at least had the chance to back out. She could have rationalized that she didn't have to see why people were engrossed in this ancient game, why her mom was engrossed in this ancient game. But now that she'd seen this... There was no way she could back out because there was so much more to what she thought existed here. More chaotic, more intense. It was the world her mom grew up with. Her desire to grow closer to her mom overrode her want to stay out of trouble.

It was her own fault. In the first place, she should have expected trouble the moment she stepped out of Pyrite. She should have been expecting trouble with anything involving Pokemon.

Last edited:
c63eeed34b313ecffc33c4b821869a18.png
Mood: Amazed - Excited
Tags: NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay and Everyone Everyone else
Jimmy West

Jimmy stood in the background amongst the group of Trainers. It was not because he didn't want to socialize, it was just that the teenager was easily distracted by everything around him. Due to his fascination with his environment, Jimbo completely missed Professor Colress' backstory and whatever else he was explaining actually.

Jimmy grew closer and closer to one expensive looking machine, about to poke it until he heard the Professor say something about deciding on decks. This caused Jim to quickly avert his attention to the fancy energy detecting deck box, and a big grin spread upon his face. "About time." He whispered to himself and was going to volunteer until a girl beat him to the punch. Jim was a bit annoyed at the girl but let the emotion slide since she was attractive.

The Professor introduces the girl to be Margot, a name that Jimmy will ensure he won't forget. His goal here was not only to get a deck but to have fun and make some new friends. Jimmy didn't want to forget any of these guys name in case they prove to be a potential friend or even rival. He shook out of his thoughts and watched as Professor Colress prepare for a demonstration. Jimmy wasn't sure why they need to go through an explanation since they all were familiar with PokeCards, or so he hoped. Alas, he did not protest and decided to sit idly until the demonstration was done and boy was he happy he did so!

Seeing the PokeCards come to life was awesome! Jimmy knew that it was possible, but never did so and always stuck to the tabletop version. He was saddened to see everything returned to normal, as the lab that once held his interest was nothing compared to what had just unfolded. However, his gloomy mood was quickly replaced with excitement for him, as he just couldn't wait to get his hands on some cards so he could bring them to life! "Excuse me, Professor, the demonstration was awesome and all but can we get our decks now?" Jimmy asked, wanting to get the show on the road.

P9qopY8.png

mbblTa7.png

Colress walked towards Robyn while stretching out his right hand. He picks up Robyn's deck and begins to shuffle through the PokeCards. A smile dons on Colress's face, " Yes, a basic starter deck, this will be fantastic for you." Colress hands back the deck with slight dissatisfaction. He returns to the pamphlet on the table and holds it in his left hand, tapping it to a slow tempo.

Colress looks to the audience of trainers, "What a shame that defeat came so swiftly. Too bad I can't emit Steel energy I suppose."

The oldest trainer, F3, finally spoke up, to Colress's delight, "Excuse me, Professor, the demonstration was awesome and all but can we get our decks now?"

Colress lazily pointed to the deck box on the table, " I will provide PokeCards once you are figure out the Energy you emit. Which leads me to our Hera here," Colress reaches to a near shelf to pull out a deck box with a black decal of a lightning bolt and a white base color. Colress hands the deck to E1.

"This should be perfect for Hera. Now please any other trainer;s that haven't found there affinity please test it now while I go over my boat's passenger limit. " Colress flips through the pamphlet and takes out a pen. The pen moves swiftly as the black lines are spread across the pages .

Making sure that the subjects weren't too heavily relying on the pamphlet if they chose the boat. To create a fair assessment, they need to be challenged mentally by a few missing paragraphs. As for F1, hopefully this has helped the subjects start to create their social hierarchy, keeping them socially interactive and not disbanding so easily. Maybe giving a call to PSY-05 might be needed.

Colress closes the pamphlet with a thud and a large smile.

"Now one more important thin to note. I know you all probably are looking forward to the main reason many become trainers, to compete. There are two near gyms. One will take three days to get to by foot from here. Another gym, if you take my boat, can be encountered by nightfall today. Please choose carefully on your decision. "

Pokegeek151 Pokegeek151 Aero Aero DreamBeat DreamBeat RainbowToRosie RainbowToRosie

https://i.imgur.com/gMFTkoD.png[/URL]) 20%; border-radius:300px;height:120px; background-size:cover;width:120px]

Mood: Curious
Tags: Aero Aero

Margot Antipalos

Once the demonstration ended, Margot watched Colress for a reaction. She hadn’t expected to win that easily. The stadium disappeared from around them, and she suddenly realized how hot it had been. Her face was flushed and she could feel waves of heat rolling off her bare skin as the cool air of the lab swirled around her. She kept her expression neutral, though.

She glanced around at the other trainers. Most of them had stopped paying full attention at some point or another and she felt better about the trainers who would inevitably become her rivals. As Colress handed out the decks to the remaining trainers, she stood back and watched. She was mulling over Colress’ comment from earlier about making friends. She didn’t want anyone to get in her way, but having allies could prove useful. And of course, she had nothing against any of them as people.

Two of the girls seemed to be in a conversation already, so she didn’t bother there. There were a few others milling about, but they didn’t really strike her. There was one trainer, though, who stuck out. The young man who had asked about the decks after the demo. He had taken the initiative, distinguished himself from the crowd. She pushed herself off the wall she had been leaning against and walked over to him, hands in her pockets.

She held out her hand to him. “I’m Margot. You seem excited to battle. I’m going to take the boat to the next gym. Wanna come with?”

Alyx Vince

Several things happened within the next five minutes. Professor Colress's smile made her a tad bit uncomfortable, and he also sounded like a sore loser. The giant's voice boomed, which hurt her ears. She finally got her deck, lightning decal and all. Oh, and her name was Hera now.

Alyx would have been tempted to sigh in relief when he didn't reveal her real name if only she wasn't suspicious of why the professor called her Hera. How did he hear her anyway? Wasn't he talking while she was talking to Robyn? He seemed like a nice person, but her gut was saying something different... She wasn't sure if it was a bad thing or a good thing, but it made her uncomfortable.

He's probably one of those creeps I need to look out for.

She assessed him with heavy caution as he scribbled away and immediately let up on her stare when he snapped his whatever-he-was-writing-in close with a sudden thud.

"Now one more important thing to note. I know you all probably are looking forward to the main reason many become trainers, to compete" To compete, her mind's voice echoed.
"There are two near gyms. One will take three days to get to by foot from here. Another gym, if you take my boat, can be encountered by nightfall today. Please choose carefully on your decision."

The choice was obvious. Why go through the trouble of walking for three days when she could ride a boat and arrive at her destination by tonight? Alyx noticed that Margot went to another trainer go with her. Good. She didn't want to interact with her just yet. A simple demonstration wasn't enough to assess Margot, but Alyx could already guess that the woman might have a short temper. She chose to stick with Robyn.

"So, I'm definitely going by boat. Let's go together."

Alyx didn't smile this time because it only made Robyn smile back politely, but she kept her tone light. She didn't know how to do polite for long, and she wanted to have a companion more than she wanted to be alone. It looked like she would have to make a few exceptions to when she told her lies.

Mood: relieved

Tags: DreamBeat DreamBeat NoviceOfRoleplay NoviceOfRoleplay

Robyn Genesis
For a few moments, Robyn was silent as she heard 'Hera' respond to her about her experience with PokeCards. She slowly nodded her head, but she didn't respond immediately. Eventually, as the professor was looking through her starter deck, she spoke up to the girl. "Yeah... I have some experience, too," She confirmed to her.

A sigh of relief escaped her lips as the professor returned her the fire deck and told her that it was suitable. She wasn't sure what to make of him saying the basic starter deck was 'fantastic for her,' but Robyn didn't think about it too long. "Okay, I'm glad it is, professor!" The girl replied with a smile on her lips, not putting her PokeCards into her bag yet as she held on to them for a little longer.

With nothing else to say, Robyn decided to watch the professor's actions. She wasn't used to people like him from where she had grown up, but she didn't know what to completely make of all of the strangers she had been meeting since she left her home. This is normal, right? I guess there is nothing to worry about, The oblivious girl reasoned with herself.

She watched and listened as the professor answered another boy's question about receiving a starter deck of PokeCards. 'Hera' received an electric deck from the professor, claiming it was a good fit for her. "Oh, an electric deck?" Robyn asked as she walked over to the girl. "That's neat. Um, I have a fire deck from my grandpapa," She replied, flashing her PokeCards to 'Hera' before quickly shoving them into her bag.

When the professor began to talk to them about their options for going to a gym, Robyn felt her hands slightly tighten up. Going to a gym would officialize this, wouldn't it? She thought to herself, biting her lips as she slowly felt the second thoughts about going to the gym flow into her mind. Would grandpapa prefer me to follow his dream or my own? I just don't know...

Her thoughts were cut off and her eyes widened as 'Hera' spoke up, telling her that she was going to go by boat and that Robyn should accompany her. Caught off guard by how soon she responded to her, or at least how quick it seemed due to Robyn being lost in thoughts, she wasn't sure about what to say. "Oh, um... S-Sure! We can do that," The girl agreed, offering 'Hera' a smile despite the fact she chose not to.

I guess I'm stuck in this now... I don't know how long, but at least for now, Robyn thought as her smile nearly faded as it began to shrink. "The boat does seem like the better option anyways... I don't know why the professor would offer the other option," She added, the possibility the professor was being sarcastic flying over her head.

Mood: Happy
Tags: Pokegeek151 Pokegeek151

Jimmy West

For once, Jimmy paid attention to the Professor's words or well was trying too. He knew from here on out, the Professor's words will be essential for Jimmy's adventure. While Professor Colress attended to his boat list, Jimmy happily made his way to the box. He stood there for a minute evaluating the box, looking at it from all sides. 'How does it just know what our energy is? What makes it just deduce what cards are best for us? Man technology is cool!' He pondered to himself before finally touching the box.

Jimmy hummed as he waited for the box to do its magic and glanced around the room a bit more. He wasn't nervous at all for he didn't come into this with any expectations other than being the best Pokecard trainer around. Water, Fire, Electric, 70%, 30%? Jimmy didn't care what category he was. He will be happy either way. After a minute or so, Jimmy turned his attention back to the box that was now glowing a fiery red. "Fire eh? Works for me!" Jimmy exclaimed as he took his hand off the box and returned to the group, awaiting Professor Colress to give him his cards.

As he waited, the cute girl who did the demonstration with the Professor approached him. To his surprise, she asked if he would like to join her on the trip to the next gym. Trying to act cool, and failing at it, he gave the girl named Margot a quick wink before replying. "The name's Jimmy, and I just don't know. A beautiful girl like you may distract me from a gym win. But going by yourself may be dangerous, so I can understand why you came to a tough guy like myself." Jimmy scratched his chin, acting like he had to think about the offer before giving Margot a nod. "You know what, I would love to join you." He said and stuck out his hand for a shake. "Put 'er there friend!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back