• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pokemon Tabletop United [Closed]

StorytellerLathos

laugh hard, run fast, be kind
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Story
You live in the beautiful region of Ertana, full of amazing Pokemon, people and opportunities.

Though, recently, this picture has been shattered as a mysterious organization begin to cause havoc in the northern cities and towns with an unclear goal and unpredictable nature.

The future seems to hold nothing but darkness, however a new generation of Pokemon professors, trainers, caretakers and more may be able to stop them.

You are our last hope.

GM
Hey there, welcome to this Pokemon Tabletop United game.

I am looking for a small group of 2-4 players or 3-6 if I can get a Co-GM. I plan for this game to be played on Discord and will send the link to you in a PM.

Also, in addition to writing "Interested" or "Sounds interesting" I'd like you to include the idea you have for your character, it doesn't have to be too long or convoluted, just a little blurb that describes the character you want to make.

When it comes time to actually fill out the CS and play the game I'm happy to help those new to the system.

The character sheets and rulebook can be found here:
Pokémon Tabletop United 1.05 release! | Pokémon Tabletop

Last edited:
I'm interested. I was going to be in another pokemon themed roleplay but it hasn't panned out.

Basically, my idea was to make a pokemon trainer who fought alongside his pokemon and even trained with them. I even had the idea of his first pokemon being a Marshadow, a fighting/ghost type that would live in his shadow and learn to copy his fighting style.

I'm definitely interested, but before I start thinking about a character, I'd like to know which books are and aren't available, if that's okay, so I avoid wasting everyone's time by using something from a book you don't want.

I'm definitely interested, but before I start thinking about a character, I'd like to know which books are and aren't available, if that's okay, so I avoid wasting everyone's time by using something from a book you don't want.

The link in the main post should contain everything you need, the Core Rulebook, Pokemon and Trainer Sheet, Useful Charts and Pokedex files are what you're gonna need from that download.

(Sorry if this isn't exactly what you were asking)

The link in the main post should contain everything you need, the Core Rulebook, Pokemon and Trainer Sheet, Useful Charts and Pokedex files are what you're gonna need from that download.

(Sorry if this isn't exactly what you were asking)
Not quite, but I gather from that we're only using the core book? My first idea was a mad scientist type who's an absolutely awful trainer, but managed through his experiments to (accidentally) link himself to a collective of Grass-type Pokémon and can draw on a few of their abilities. That requires the (I think) Druid abilities from the (probably) Game of Throhs book, but I'd be happy to come up with something else. I've been wanting to play PTU for a long time.

Not quite, but I gather from that we're only using the core book? My first idea was a mad scientist type who's an absolutely awful trainer, but managed through his experiments to (accidentally) link himself to a collective of Grass-type Pokémon and can draw on a few of their abilities. That requires the (I think) Druid abilities from the (probably) Game of Throhs book, but I'd be happy to come up with something else. I've been wanting to play PTU for a long time.

I forgot about those other books, I'll go ahead and read them. However you should be good to make a character like that so go ahead, I'll be sending the Discord link now so you and Seraph can get your characters in.

This sounds like a good time. I was wanting to play a adventurer type character who enjoys exploring new locations, in addition to some psychic powers.

This seems like a whole lot of fun! I'm really a newbie to be honest, but I would want to play a trainer in his late teens with a limp who is over eager to prove himself and gain affection from others.

Interested since the other Pokemon RP didn't pan out! (shoots Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire a glare for not inviting me~)
A wild-child Taskmaster, the rough and tumble type, who makes up for a lack of quick thinking by using brute force and muscle to get their way. Equally brutal and callous with opponents and their own Pokémon, seeking victory at all costs and injuring their Pokémon to motivate them to fight harder. May want to begin with a Beldum for a Starter or Piplup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back