• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon Rebirth: History will repeat itself (Pt. 1)

Paperface

Wood Pulp Connoisseur
Pokémon Rebirth
"History will repeat itself"
The Millennium Vale.jpg

Are you looking for a Pokémon themed adventure that passes up on the generic ‘be the very best’ league oriented journey? Do you want to develop bonds with people and pokémon alike in an environment that’s equal parts hostile and intriguing? Do you want to explore the hidden past of a land steeped in mystery and ‘superstition’? Or perhaps you are simply looking for a challenge surviving against the forces of nature. Whatever your craving may be, I have something for you!

Welcome to the interest check for “Pokémon Rebirth Pt. 1”, set in a world of monsters, myths and sand. Lots of sand.

In part 1, our party will have two things in common from the get-go; a scientific background and a personal royal invitation to come explore a recently discovered space hidden within one of the previously explored ruins dotting the desert.

If you’d like to learn more about the world the roleplay is set in, check out the Discord, or just ask me personally.

dd3632225c2b7ee92ee19e3348ba45b5.jpg

Where do we start?
Our tale begins in a small city named Menva, located near the edge of the Millenium Vale, after traveling there on Hippowdon back. The city will serve as our first and only stop before heading on a 60 mile track through the desert in order to reach our destination; an abandoned temple. Yet, rumor has it we are not the only group interested in this remote location…

Whoever you choose to be in this scenario, I look forward to writing this tale with you (and not get stranded amidst the desert sand due to insufficient preparation…)

Q: Are there going to be any stats/dice rolls?
A: For the most part this story will operate by the anime rules. As such there will be no stats for the Pokémon. However, some specific situations and scenarios will be determined by dice rolls.

Q: Is Discord mandatory?
A: Yes! While the ‘main’ story will rely on me to progress it, the rest of the roleplay relies a lot on plotting as a group. As such, I want to have easy communication with everyone if only to better integrate potential character developments into the main plot.

Q: Can you tell me about (insert here) aspect of the lore?
A: Yes! If you PM me, ask below, or ask in the discord chat, I can provide more details about most things.

Q: How do I sign up?
A: First off, I appreciate the interest greatly. Thank you! I will create a template for the character sheet once there are enough people interested to join this roleplay. Once finished, PM the completed character sheet to me and I'll review it. Once accepted, congratulations! You're part of the group.​

couldn't tell you why but i'm in a mood for pokemon rp... i want to give this a try. i don't have any specific questions yet but i would love to hear anything about your idea for the world!

This in interesting, I don't think I can join for now, but I'll keep it in mind. Will this be open for travellers that join the group amidst the desert should the journey have started already?

i don't have any specific questions yet but i would love to hear anything about your idea for the world!
I'd love to tell you more about it! The link to the discord provides most of the basic information about the world and if that doesn't suffice you can always ask me for any topic you want to know more about. From desert weather patterns to the people's cultural habits, and anything in between.

This in interesting, I don't think I can join for now, but I'll keep it in mind. Will this be open for travellers that join the group amidst the desert should the journey have started already?
Certainly! Though, depending on the situation, you might have to wait until the active party returns to traveling said desert. As it might be difficult to introduce new characters during key points in the story.

And with that application I will close sign-ups until further notice. Those who applied can join the discord and provide a CS preferably before Sunday. I'm aiming for a group of 5-6 players. Thank you all for your interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back