• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pokemon: Orsay Region IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Why yes Moss, that is exactly what I meant." Linden replies, looking her right in the eye so she knows he's paying attention to her. But all the others' questions made him finally pull away.

"Well Chanser I'm sure you could spot a pawn shop in an alley couldn't you? But actually Aloynius there is one other thing. And I ask it of all of you. Some of the townsfolk are too old to travel anymore and have relatives in Wisteria City. While you are on your travels, could you deliver some gifts for them? I have them in the back shed. Just go through the fenced area and you won't miss it!" He gives you all another bright smile and pulls a set of keys out of his pocket. He takes one single off of the ring and holds it out. "This will unlock the shed. I wish you all happy travels and hope to see you all over the TV soon! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to make sure these numbskulls don't blow up my home."

With that sorted, Professor Linden goes to sit down next the man typing away. He lifts a cardbox sitting upside down on the table and reveals what looks to be human arm complete with 5 digits and tanned skin. He starts tapping some buttons on a keypad next to him and the arm suddenly comes to life but does little more than flop like a Magikarp and clench it's fist.

Chanser's jaw drops after the Professor's words. "Well, screw you too, old man." She clenches her fists tight at her sides as she buries her anger, turns on her heel, and walks out with as much composure as she can manage. Which is probably a good thing, because her reaction to having a dismembered limb in the lab would not have been any better.

Aloysius blinks at the mispronunciation of his name, but takes it in stride. "Oh, well, I suppose we could-" he says, but then there's a key being handed to him and he fumbles for it, nearly dropping it to the ground - only to blink in surprise as it levitates back into his hand. He glances down to the Ralts in his arms, and beams. "Oh, aren't you a clever girl!" he praises, pocketing the key and looking to the others. "Well, Chuck and I are going to be traveling together, do the rest of you- well, okay-" he says as Chanser already heads for the door. Glancing around and seeing the Professor seems to be quite finished with him, he looks to Chuck and Mossopal. "Shall we?" he asks.

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

Mossopal looks up in surprise at the offer to join the others, her reverie of actually having another pokemon finally popping.

"Um, well... if you don't mind my tagging along, I certainly would appreciate the company," she intones, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly, "Although does anybody mind if I try to catch the pichu outside? I'll gladly help carry the gifts but I do so want to make as many friends as I can..."

"I certainly don't mind!" Aloysius says, smiling at Mossopal, before looking over in the direction Chanser had gone. "She said she'd show you a few tricks, right? Should we try catching up to her, or is she already gone?" he asks, heading for the door and glancing around outside.

"Yeah if were travelling together we should get you that Pichu so you stop saying it all the time." Chuck let's out a hearty laugh in good spirits. "We also should get Chanser to come along. Get lonely on the road."

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

"That's a good point..."

Mossopal hurriedly scoops up Angel, recalls "Sparkles" the ponyta and with a wave and a hurried cry of thanks to the professor bustles out the door, looking for Chanser. She's not terribly fast but determined.

"Hey- wait... I'm sorry the professor's offer wasn't much to you, but does your offer to help me still stand?"

Outside, Chanser is pacing back and forth while Sakura sits on her shoulder and pats her head with one of her arms. The girl herself is rapidly tapping away at her Pokegear as she leaves a post on her profile.

just got out of "professor"s lab and it sucked. more like Jerkden from Jerkroot and he smelled like old socks #ArrowrootTown #ProfessorLinden #KissMyWholeAss

Attached is a picture of a rude gesture being made at he front of the lab.

"Huh?" She blinks as she sees Mossopal darting out and takes a moment to process through her emotions. Not the kid's fault she's upset. "Uh...yeah, I guess. You, uh. You know the basics?"

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

"Well, kinda, sorta?" Mossopal rubs the back of her neck again, "Angel and Sparkles--that's my new ponyta-- aside, most pokemon tend to be terrified of me." She doesn't add "for some reason" or anything to her statement; she seems at least self aware of her condition. "I know a trick to put pokemon to sleep and how to fight them, as a general rule, but that usually just makes them more scared and it makes a poor impression... There was that meowth and the poliwag who were too spooked to obey orders and I had to release them. But sometimes, it's just hard enough approaching them without any pokemon running away at first sight."

"I getcha, I getcha. What ya gotta do is lure them out with bait, which's expensive, or make sure ya send out ya Pokemon first," Chanser explains with the wisdom of a fifteen year old. "When they come out, it's to fight, so ya have to send out something they'll wanna fight. Or ya can have something that stops 'em running, which I guess this here Pokemon'll do." She taps where her Trapinch's ball is stored. "But else it's hard to do. D'ya wanna see me try it to show ya?"

Suddenly as you all were making your way out of the lab, you hear a loud cry from the Pichu! Quickly taking a look towards the fenced area you immediately see that the Pichu and Rattata that were happily playing before are now being chased around the inside perimeter. Three low-growling Poochyena look at the two little Pokemon with a hunger in their eyes as they snap their jaws and closely chase them around.

Chanser's eyes snap to the fenced-in area and the Poké-bullying taking place. Her first instinct is to grab her spare Pokeballs; wild Pokemon battling is the perfect chance to catch 'em while they're weakened. But..she doesn't wanna let Moss see the Pichu get beaten up.

"Stop that, ya stupid idiots!" she yells at the Pokemon as she starts sprinting toward the scene with one hand on her Pokeballs.

Aloysius, who has simply been watching the exchange between Moss and Chanser thus far, has his attention pulled immediately by the sound of a Pokemon's scream. He sees the Poochyena on the advance, snarling and harassing the Pichu and Rattata, and while Chanser initially reacts faster, running right past Loy, the young man shakes his head and hurries after her. Longer legs means he catches up quickly, and unlike Chanser, he already has his Pokemon at the ready.
"Elan!" he beckons, urging the Ninetales forward. "Defend!" he commands, and Elancer leaves Loy's side for the first time all day to follow this order. Interposing herself between the Poochyena and the fleeing Pichu and Rattata, growling with her hackles raised.

OOC: Going to attempt a dice roll that no one taught me how to format, lol... Elancer's Intimidate Check.

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

Interruptions, interruptions... Mossopal is used to them, but what she's not used to is for an interruption to be about somebody else entirely. At times she's been interrupted minding her own business by people fearing her, but before she can answer Chanser, perhaps the worst thing imaginable happens: the Pichu is being threatened!

The other trainers outpace her smaller legs but she doesn't stop running when they do, the little girl trying to get as close as possible before pulling out the much used steel pipe, and holds it low, like an at-ease sword, strain and worry showing across her features.

"Stop. Leave that Pichu and Its Friend alone, I wanted to befriend them." She cannot seem to muster the strength to yell, but her voice is as loud as she can make it otherwise, her single eye flickering with a purplish energy, boring down at them.

Intimidate check:

Last edited:
Chuck also sees the situation. After taking it in he gets the idea that most are there to save the Pichu. He approaches the two Pokemon showing no intention of harming or catching them. And then tries to pick up the Rattata "there, there buddy your safe now."

Charm check:
Dont know how to roll dice as I'm writing this will find out before my next post 5 3 2

Since everyone else is taking actions, I might as well too.

Chanser decides to tackle the third Poochyena head-on as two of them are being handled by Aloy and Moss. She retrieves an empty Pokeball and hurls it at the Pokemon while Sakura moves into position for a follow-up if it fails.
(Ignore the second d20, I thought "Throw another dice" meant a whole new one rather than the same again) I'll spend 1AP to activated Devitalizing Throw if the catch doesn't work.)

The pack of Poochyena are startled by the sudden appearance of trainers and the fact the humans are yellingg at them. Spooked beyond belief, the Poochyenas turn tail to run but not before a Pokeball is tossed into the air with expertise. It thumps against the hind quarters of one of them and emits it's beam of light, trapping the Poochyena inside. The ball softly lands the ground and shakes three times from side to side. The celebratory soft Bong confirms that the Poochyena now belongs to Chanser.

Seeing their brother captured the other Poochyena run faster. However a soft clapping sound attracts everyone's attention as the little Pichu looks at you all with a bright smile and is clapping it's hands/paws. All the while the Rattata is now happily dancing and hopping in circles around it's friend.

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

Now sometimes, being spooky comes in handy, but it's with trepidation that Mossopal slowly approaches the Pichu, cracked lips sort of curved into an awkward grin, waving once she stashed her pipe weapon.

"Hello~ Goodness, I hope that your alright and those bullies didn't hurt you... Um.. would you want to be my friend?"

She holds out her hand to the little tyke, though she is perhaps just as scared as it may be... Angel crawls out of her backback and while he's probably not happy about an actual pika being a potential member of Mossopal's team, her happiness must come first and so the little mimikyu waves all friendly and chirrups a...very odd, echoing noise that just barely sounds like a pikachu's....

This probably won't end well...

Chanser can't help but laugh to herself when she catches the Poochyena in one fell swoop, her mind rattling through all the thrills of catching a Pokemon in a matter of seconds. She scoops up the freshly-dismounted Sakura as she strides over to where her new catch rests, scoops up the Pokeball, then miniaturizes it and rolls it between her fingers.

"This guy's gonna be a really handful when I let 'im out," she muses aloud. "Gonna have to get somethin' good so he doesn't tear up the place..." She finds herself distracted by Moss attempting to talk to the Pichu. And given what she's said before, it might not go so well. So she keeps an eye on the girl as she checks out listings for odd jobs in New Tork on her Pokegear.

"Wow!" Aloysius says, clapping his hands as he sees Chanser deftly catch the Poochyena in one throw. He's never actually seen a Pokemon being captured before, but he knows it's quite difficult, so the girl had to either be incredibly skilled or incredibly lucky to get it on the first try. "That was amazing!" He watches the other Poochyena retreat, sees that the Pichu is fascinated by Mossopal and that the Rattata already seemed to take a liking to Chuck, but Loy smiles to himself. He's already got his hands full with two Pokemon, and he knows there will be ample chance to catch more in the future. So he doesn't feel left out. After all, he still hasn't given his Ralts a proper name!
Speaking of Ralts, he glances around to see where she's gone. He smiles when he spots the little thing a few feet away from the Pichu and Rattata, seeming to mimic their joyous little dance. That makes Aloysius smile, and he goes over to where she's waving her little arms and stomping her little feet, kneeling beside her. "Balletomane," he says, and the Ralts looks up to him. "How is that for a name?"

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

"...And my name is Mossopal and this is Angel--he's very brave and sweet and caring." Apparently she's been talking to the pichu nonstop, her half grin plain on her features, sitting on her knees, simply marveling at the fact that a pokemon isn't running from her--this must be the only lucky day ever, and keeps going on about how she came to the region to start a new life, how she hopes the exorcism biz is doing well... Angel himself however, after repeatedly looking back and forth between his master and the frankly entranced Pichu just reaches into Moss' hoodie, pulls out a pokeball that he puts in Mossopal's hand and then pulls her hand holding the ball towards the pokemon. Mossopal doesn't seem to notice.

Chuck seeing no threat around stepped back to let the duo of Pokemon dance. Sandshrew of course had seen fit to join their dance. Treecko was in a nearby tree. Chuck didnt think to catch the Rattata, frankly he was having enough trouble with the Treecko already and didnt need more.

Loy's Ralts spins in place and cheers. Obviously happy to hear it has a name. When all is settled the rattata rubs his cheek against the Pichu and scampers into the grass.

Chanser looks through the many ads for jobs and sees that most of them are for more experienced people, like engineers and business types. But she does spot two entry level jobs hiring. The first seems quite unpleasant; a janitor for the department store. While the second seems much more promising; the bike shop is looking for couriers.

The Pichu however is now looking at the red&white shiny ball being held out by Angel. She cocks her head to the side but then cutely boobs it's forehead against the button. The red light envelopes the Pichu and is put inside. It seemingly skips the shaking phase as it chimes the capture sound. Mossopal is now the proud owner of a rather young Pichu.

"Imma head to New Tork, see if I can't get a job or somethin' to pay the bills for this lot," Chanser tells Moss as she pats where her two stored Pokeballs are, along with Sakura's head just for good measure. "Ya wanna come along?"

Loy scoops up Balletomane after another moment of watching her dance, recalling her to her pokeball. Elancer has already returned to his side, standing at heel obediently as Aloysius gets back to his feet. He can hear the girls talking about New Tork, and he looks between them and Chuck, torn as to where he wants to go. "Where is the nearest gym, Chuck? Certainly we'll have to do some training on the way, with these new little ones," he says. He looks over to Canser and Mossopal. "Though, I've never been to New Tork... hm, what's the point of jumping into the Gym Challenges right away... when I'm not ready yet...?" he murmurs to himself, before smiling. "Okay! I've decided! I think I'd like to be something of a tourist before heading straight into battles. Maybe catch a few new friends, get Balletomane trained up..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back