• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Pokemon: Orsay Region IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Well you've already been to the nearest gym. It was at the city we arrived to off the SS Anne. But it's in another direction from New Tork." Truth be told he didn't much want to head back to a big city. He hadn't been into one that size since running from his parents. But he wasnt about to stop them. "I don't mind a detour, some training for Treecko could be good."

Surprisingly the hide toward New Tork was not that horrid. After a mile of walking along a dirt road it switches to a real concrete road. A sign to the left hand side confirms that you've all enter the city border of New Tork. You pass a few trainers along the way who seemed more busy doing other things and none of them caught your eye.

The first was a young boy playing with an Azuril by a small pond. He's wearing a bright yellow t-shirt with a pokeball logo and dark brown shorts. A few Swanna and Ducklets casually swim about while various other bird pokemon fly through the air.

The second is a young girl in a white dress with blue flowers brushing the mane of a Mudbray. Roughly 100 yards away from her is a grouping of trees which look to have many large beehives fit for a Vespiqueen.

Finally, the third trainer is a young man roughly the same age as Loy, possibly older. He's wearing what looks like a red & black striped bicyclist's suit and is jogging around in an open field with what looks like a very big Jolteon and Elektrike.

There doesn't seem to be any sign of that jerk kid who shoved past you all however. You can all also start to see the large buildings of New Tork coming into view. The bright lights act almost like a beacon for travelers new to the region.

Chanser takes some time looking over the trainers that they pass by on the way to New Tork. Boy with Azuril, nice shirt, probably nice kid, but seems like he's having a good time. Same for the little girl, who's brushing the mane of her Mudbray; tough Pokemon, but...the hive nearby? Her first instinct is to get her the crap away from that, but it's three hundred feet away. Just to be sure, she brings out her Pokedex to check; yep, Mudbray is faster than a Vespiqueen, so she'd be able to get away just fine. With that out of hr mind, she's free to spot the third trainer running with a Jolteon and an Elektrike. Probably an experienced trainer and in the mood for it, going by his jogging. So, Chanser strolls up to the edge of the field and calls out to him slightly louder than normal.

"Yo, guy with the Pokemon! 'Sup? I'm Chanser! I just got a new Pokemon and I wanna know what's up with training and stuff! Can ya help a girl out or what? It's cool if ya don't got time or somethin' we're all busy, but y'know, it'd be cool of ya!"

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

This has been the greatest day of her life apart from when she met Angel, who still hides from the world in her backpack. He did get a little grouchier when Mossopal let her new Pichu out (she named her Jewel) who had the bright idea to sit on the top of her backpack for awhile, but even he can't get too mad at the happy little spark mouse.

He'll wait for her to get older before he starts picking on her.

Moss,blissfully unaware of such machinations, has been staring wide one-eyed at every visage and sight, practically having to be herded back onto the path by the others. When she notices the girl with the Mudbray, and that her new friends seem to be taking a break, she slinks up to the white dress girl, trying to smile.

"That's a handsome mudbray you have there..." she says in her usual hoarse croak, "Where did you find one?"

Aloysius has kept mostly to himself during the walk - well, to himself and to his Pokemon. After a while of walking, he decides that he wants to let his new Ralts out to play some more, and ends up carrying the tiny Pokemon in his arms as Elan walks by his side. Seeing that the new Pokemon doesn't mean any harm, and in fact seems already to be about as devoted to Loy as she is, Elan seems to slowly be accepting Balletomane's presence. It's likely that the Ralts' empathy is helping speed along relations quite a bit, as well.
When they reach a break in the path and Chanser finds someone she wants to battle, and Mossopal goes to try and find out where she might catch a Mudbray, Loy decides to plop down in the field of grass and let Balletomane and Elancer play a bit. Balletomane seems quite taken with the Alolan Ninetales, and the fox Pokemon relents to laying in the grass nearby Aloysius and letting Balletomane play with her warm fur as Loy watches what the others are doing. If there's going to be a battle, he's eager to watch.

Chuck had been getting along with Treecko a lot better over the journey. In fact most of Chucks time was spent talking to the Pokemon. Treecko still didn't want to hop on a shoulder or anything instead walk beside his trainer. Guess that's just how Treeckos personality is, Chuck figured, he certainly is different from Sandshrew.

When the group arrived with what assumably were other trainers, Chuck was beaming for a battle with his new Pokemon. He approached the young boy, "I assume you are a Pokemon trainer, if so would you like to have a battle?"

The young man smiles as he comes to a stop, "Ah a New Torker huh? Good to meet you, name's Xander. And sure, I'd like a battle! Shall we do singles since you're just starting out?"

Xander snaps his finger and both his electric pokemon rush to his heel and stop. They are clearly quite obedient.

The little girl is quite startled by Moss' appearance but the apparition seemed friendly...."H-Hi.." she squeaks out. "Oh umm Charlie? Thanks. My mom works at the ranch in Mullberry. So she got him for me for cheap." She starts to look away but decides against it and keeps talking to Moss.

"I'm Sally. Y-You're a trainer?" she says as she holds out her hand.

The little boy perks up when a potential friend made his way. "I sure am! Azura, here that? This guy wants to battle." The Azurill stops playing with the water and it's smile goes crooked into cheeky grin. It claps its hands as it bounces closer to the boy. "My name's Joey! I've got two pokemon so far! How many do you have? I'm sure you have a bunch since you're so much older. I also like shorts! They are comfy and easy to wear!" 😉

The boy is clearly overexcited to have someone talking to him and rushes through his sentences. He huffs nd puffs a little after he's done to catch his breath. He's also already reaching to his belt and pulling out a second pokeball.

"Yep, that's me, born and raised and, uh, stuff. Yeah, we can do a battle! I got me a brand new one called...uh...well, I still gotta name her, but it'll be great!" Chanser nods determinedly as she tosses her Pokeball up and Sakura hops up to hit the button with her forehead, disappearing in a flash of red. "Singles suits me fine, lotsa spacce here for it, too."

Seeing that a battle is indeed about to take place, Aloysius directs his attention there, pleased to have a front row seat for the combat.

Combat Start
Xander looks down to his Electrike and gives a commanding nod. "Sweet, well you see who I got with me. So first up I'll send out Electrike." He and Jolteon take a few steps back as the green pup walks towards Chanser then stops.

The Electrike spins in a circle getting pumped. You can see the pops of static electricity coming off of his fur.

Over by the lake the little boy presses the button of the ball and the red light coming from it gets quite large. Easily the size of two kids but not in height. When the light disapates an impressively sized Makuhita stands next to the miniscule Azurill. He quickly thrusts his meaty fists forward with a deep voiced, Hyah-Hyah!

Last edited:
Chanser tosses her Pokeball into the air a couple of times, then tosses her Pokeball out so that it releases relatively close to the Electrike, releasing her new Trapinch.

"Yo! It's your trainer, Chanser!" she calls out to the Trapinch. "I ain't got time to explain! We're battlin', let's go, me and you, two on two!"

The Trapinch blinks its beady eyes at her, then turns to look at the Electrike, her gaze hardening. Swiftly followed by her jaw opening as she lunges for the opposing Pokemon, seeking to nom nom nom on the static canine.

Damage is meant to be +25 damage, not 13.

The bite is devasting! Electrike howls once then immediately faints. A One-Shot Wonder. Xander shouts out, "Oh No! Eli! Damn it. I wasnt expecting TWO girls to have ground types today. Yeesh....Well a trainer never backs down. And neither to my Pokemon! Have at it Jolt!"

The agile Jolteon pounces into the battlefield then scratches at the ground. In a bolt, the Jolteon dashes forward for a full on tackle to the Trapinch.

Chanser's eyes go wide as she sees her Trapinch devastate the opposing Electrike, and she has to talk half a step back just to contain her own surprise. "Yo, that's badass!" She whoops as the Trapinch rears back on her hind legs and lets out a cry, one that's quickly capitalized by the sudden arrival of a Jolteon that slams into her like a lightning bolt. The ground-type Pokemon bares its fangs again, going in for another nom even as Chanser snatches Sakura's Pokeball.

"Y'nailed it, but now it's time to see where the grass is greener!" The Trapinch is recalled and in an instant, Sakura emerges in a flurry of fluttering leaves and unleashes a cloud of pollen that attempts to latch onto their foe before floating back to the leafy Pokemon.

"Jolt! Nows your time to show your new trick! You got this!" Xander hollers to his partner.

Jolteon rears back at the Trapinch's bite. It shouldn't have got that close. But then the sudden switch startles the Jolteon more. It brings its focus onto Sakura and glares at her. Its eyes begin to glow a bright yellow and its fur charges with electricity. A crack of thunder if heard and a flash of lights zaps from Jolteon's body that soars towards Sakura.

Chanser tugs at her collar as she sees the Jolteon unleash a dead-on bolt of lightning at Sakura, but fortunately her grassy hide manages to deflect most of the damage. Her movements are stiffened, but still, she's capable of moving and she goes to do just that with a repeat of her last attack, slamming her forefront limbs onto the ground.

Energy drains from the Jolteon as it gets sapped toward Sakura. It begins to heavily huff and puff. It looks quite tired now but it is trying to stand strong and valiant. With a shake of its fur Jolteon tries to unleash another thunder shock.

"Sock it to 'im Sakura!" Chanser encourages her Pokemon, who withstands the fresh hail of thunderbolts with a muffled cry; compared to years taking care of delinquents, this is nothing! She whips her leafy mane back and unleashes let another blast of pollen-y badness.

That does it. Jolteon can no longer go on an falls to the ground. Xander frowns and looks disappointed but his tone doesn't change; still fairly up beet and happy. He taps both his pokeballs and Jolteon and Electrike are encapsulated by the red light.

"Aww man! You did super good for your first time. I'll have to remember to find some other pokemon before I ever run into you again." He chuckles as his frown vanishes, his lips curling into a grin.

Xander reaches down into a small black bag lying on the ground near him. He walks up Chanser and holds his hand out to shake hers. "Here Chanser, you deserve it for that one." When she does he palms a couple of small papers into her hand. Looking into her hands she sees two 100 pokedollar bills.

Chanser feels her heart pound against her ribcage as the Jolteon finally falls to Sakura's assault, leaving the Pokemon thoroughly nourished and like she never took a hit...save for the jolts that hit her every few seconds.

"Aww yeah!" Chanser cheers as she rushes out to scoop up Sakura and give her a big ol' hug. "Who's the best? You the best! Wait, no, crap." She hurriedly pulls out the Trapinch's Pokeball and releases it to hold under her other arm. "Both of ya! The best!" The Trapinch seems unsure of what to do with herself, but is quite happy to feel a warm hug rather than another light-speed tackle.

"F'real?" Chanser gapes at Xander as he hands over some money, which she scoops up with two fingers that aren't required for keeping hold of her Pokemon. "You can get money for this stuff? Crap, I mean, I can't believe I won, you're super good an' crap, and, uh, thanks. For the help, y'know?" She takes in a long breath to calm herself down.

mossopal Pkmn 1.jpg

Mossopal eagerly takes the other girl's hand (her own are clammy and only slightly chilled...)

"Well Sally, you can call me Mossopal. ..Um.. it's a kind of gemstone..." she looks a little sheepish.

"Are you out training just the mudbray or catching more pokemon? Do you need any help either way?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back