• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery of Souls (closed)

buffy

Welcome to the Endim Region! The Region of souls! Home to roaring waterfalls, snowy summits, dark caverns, and an endless starry sky. For most people in the Endim region; every day is a winter wonderland surrounded by the legendary Raiten mountains. Daylight ceases to exist across the map--spare the few settlements built just outside the dark cliffsides. Legend has it, centuries ago, two powerful pokemon peacefully reigned as protectors over the region. No one to this day knows why, whether it be some feud or accident, but one of said pokemon split the entirety of Endim's sky in two. Thus divided the continent into light and dark. Those living within Raiten's peaks were cursed to eternal darkness, whilst those outside of the valley were drenched in endless light.

Modern times, no one knows the whereabouts of said pokemon. The curse has become nothing more than the norm for the people of Endim which has now evolved from darkened villages to glittering midnight cities, cozy cottages, and glistening glowing forests. Endim has become a hot tourist attraction for its Aura Valley, a place where people and pokemon can physically see one another's auras--the manifestation of their souls. These colorful auras emit from the body and trickle into the night sky creating a dancing light in the heavens above.

Something strange is going on in Endim, and no one knows why; over half of the population of people have vanished without explanation and to make matters worse, foreign pokemon are appearing across the region. Could it be the pokemon of legend out for revenge? Or is there some other reason for all this chaos?​

My character:

Name:
Celeste
Height: ??? Short side!
Personality: Celeste is generally kind and helpful to others and a determined soul! She is certainly gifted in seeing the bright side of all people and pokemon. This makes her a mediator rather than an instigator when it comes to conflict. That being said-- though avoidant in nature, there is nothing that matters more to Celeste than her friends; even if that means putting up her dukes!

There's more to Celeste's personality that will just have to unravel as time goes on. After all she has amnesia and doesn't even know herself!

Looks: Shiny Braixen
Likes: One of Celeste's favorite things is food. There's no right or wrong answer as to what kind as long as it tastes good! Her favorite is good ol' chocolate.
Dislikes: Yucky food, being woken up early, and arguments.

Last edited:
The sky was dark and the clouds were heavy. Raiten's mountains hung amongst the fog like five boisterous heads glaring down upon the valley. Aside from chatter of the occasional Swablu, the world all seemed quiet--and if not somewhat ominous.

Snow lathes were taking turns diving off pine branches and it was one of these snow bundles that startled a certain Braixen awake.

"W-ha??" "Where am I?"

Now these questions were actually just a few out of many, and quite frankly these weren't the most concerning of them all. "B-burhh! It's so cold!" The Braixen fumbled from the snow pit she'd awoken in and promptly shook any remnants from her fur. "That's much better..." The cold wasn't so unbearable now without all that snow clinging to her pelt. Aside from the cold nose, her thick fluff kept her well insulated. Now to the task at hand--

"Where in the world am I?" The fox pokemon took a moment to glance about. "Ah yes! I could retrace my steps! Now, where did I come from?" Seemed like a logical place to start except-- "Wait a minute... WHO am I?"

Another pokemon would soon awaken in the snow just as confused, now letting out a yawn before immediately shivering from the chill. "It's freezing! How did I even end up here?!" he internally screams now looking around for any signs of life. Seeing none In the immediate vicinity Andy starts walking or rather flying...Wait flying?!

"How am I flying?! " he says again looking to see two short, flapping wings that oscillate like a hummingbird, "Wait how am I a pokemon?!" this just makes him go back in the snow and try to comprehend just what is happening right now. His mind racing as he realizes all of this. "Well at least I know my name" he nods trying to calm himself down while he flutters around the area.

,,(i hope that works)

The Braixen shook her head before the panic could begin to settle in. "No problem! I'm sure everything will come back to me soon! But er...what now?" Yes, what now? What was she to do, having no memory thought or clue as to who she was or how she came to be! "Besides, someone aught to be looking for me right? I must have a family or someone that cares about me out there. I bet they're worried sick!" It didn't do well to dwell on bad thoughts; this was her credence! Er..or well it must have been considering how upbeat she was out of the gate.

She took her time scuffling out of the brush and through the woodlands. Surely she could ask around for someone who knows her. It was around this time she noticed a light-colored pokemon flying just ahead. Without even thinking she rushed over. "Hi there!! Do you know me?? I mean-- er I probably sound crazy haha. But seriously do you know if anyone is looking for a..uh.." "What even am I?" The fox furrows her brows and gives herself a good one-over with her eyes. "A Braixen??..." "That's what I think I am anyway." She thought it a little unfair that she could remember pokemon names but not even her own!​

(Wonderful!)

Last edited:
As he continues roaming around, another pokemon would suddenly appear and start trying to talk to him,"Hi there!! Do you know me?? I mean-- er I probably sound crazy haha. But seriously do you know if anyone is looking for a..uh.."A Braixen"

Andy would be so very confused again, he doesn't remember how he got here , much less who this pokemon is. "Umm, I certainly do not know you or anyone that would know you...Sorry. I don't even know how I get here" he adds frowning with a sigh. "Did you just wind up here like I did?" now just searching for some common ground here as he felt very much alone right now.

"You're lost too?" Her ears perked at his words. Sure, it wasn't a good thing that this other pokemon was having trouble, but what was good was that they were having the same problem and happened to meet. "That's great! I mean, sorry I don't mean that it's great, but if we both ended up here then it must have some sort of connection right?" It was pretty sore luck that the other pokemon didn't know where she came from but knowing that they were both in similar circumstances was a start.

"Did you forget who you are too?"

"Yeah I'm lost too, but I do know who I am. My name is Andy" he introduces himself, "I mean, I guess it does mean we have a common ground at least " he agrees.

"But we should move along to some city or something. Surely there are pokemon around here that won't be friendly to either of us."

"Nice to meet you Andy!" She looks a little confused when Andy mentions unfriendly pokemon. Surely no one would jump them out of the blue right? "I'll just trust you in that case." Andy didn't seem at all like a wild pokemon. Perhaps he belonged to some trainer? "Well what are we waiting for? Let's move out!" The Braixen swiped a cluster of snowflakes off the tip of her nose. "What direction do we head?"

It sucked to be utterly clueless. Her eyes blinked to Andy hope-filled. "Eh..you wouldn't happen to have a good guess as to what direction we should start travelling do you?"

Last edited:
Andy did not belong to any trainer as he just appeared here as a Togekiss. "Thank you" he nods before looking around at the unfamiliar area. "I really don't know, I'm not familiar with the area at all " he nods just heading in a Eastern direction to not be staying In this area .

This area was very unfamiliar and he wasn't sure where to go at all, the main thing he was seeing was lots of snow.

"Copy that." Braixen started the trudge through the snow, heading the direction Andy had gestured towards. At least it wasn't a blizzard outside and it was just a light sprinkling of snowflakes. It could have been problematic for them if they couldn't see.

That it could and would, but for now they continue on in the snow, surely there had to be a town or some sort of settlement around here. Andy looks around during the trek hoping to see some kind of civilization around.

(we just making stuff up as we go or did you have an actual layout for the region?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back