• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Mystery Dungeons & Dragons RP

What system should we use?

• With dice on discord

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No dice on RPN Forums

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DovahBeat

The Switch Axe Rookie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, I've been working on my own PMD&D system (Because while other fanmade ones are great, didn't fit what I wanted).
I have a full branching plot line written out, and maps for dungeons and some mechanics figured out. I have played D&D before, but never DM'd, I have however made a few successful RPs and managed those. I just don't know how I want to go about playing it.

It will either be a normal rp here on RPN if people want that, otherwise it will be on Discord if we wanna play with dice. Just easier for me that way. But it's completely up to those who show interest in this to decide!

The premise is this:
You are a Pokemon in a lab, being experimented on constantly. Are you an enhanced Pokemon like Mewtwo or PikachuTwo (Like in the mewtwo movie)? Or are you a fusion? Doesn't matter, because after what seems to be an earthquake you (and others) manage to escape to the wild! You stumble upon Pokemon Square, and with new friends you've made, eventually decide making a Rescue Team will be your best course of action! But this is only where the story begins...

So, TLDR; This will either be a test for the dice system I made up or just an average pokemon rp. up to you guys.

I'm glad you're interested! Which aspect do you find is more interesting, the rp without dice mechanics or with dice mechanics?

Both really, I'm always a bit interested in new styles of play, and the plot sounds interesting.

This does sound really interesting, though I can't use discord as of right now. If we do it here though, I would love to join, though I might be busy every once in a while due to college.

alright, sweet! and I can do it either way, it's up to majority's vote.
I'll wait for one or two more people before I decide what we're going to do.

I've never actually played any of the Mystery Dungeon games myself, but this does seem intriguing. 😗

Edit: I should also say that I'm up for either Discord or RPN, no major preference.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting! I am intrigued about the dice part, but I am fine with the site of more people want that. I use to play 2nd edition D&D myself. Would you be letting us have free imagination on our experimented on pokemon characters?

awesome! I set up a poll to decide how we want to do this. it will be up for 1 day.

As for the pokemon experiments, there's no real limitation. Just no mythicals/legendaries. Pseudo mythical/legendaries are fine, though!
They can be a normal pokemon with enhanced abilities, a simple test rat, or even a fusion! My character is a Nidoran male/noibat fusion. OH! And I should mention, we all start at 1st evolution stages, so we can grow as the story progresses.

I voted for RPN, but as I said, I would really be fine with either option. As for my character... I was leaning towards a Zorua who was given enhanced durability and stamina through the use of implants as a way of creating a more effective fighter, effectively making him Steel-Dark without the added weaknesses of a Steel type.

This seems very interesting, is there any room for another, and I also have a question in mind as well.

I'll throw my lot into this. I'm hankering to play as an Aron. Even got a few ideas about what his mutation could've given him.

omg I never imagined this would get so big! Aaaaaa! I'm honored!
everyone is welcome to join, and I'm happy to answer questions! So far the poll is saying we'll do it on RPN, but I'll wait until it closes for the final verdict.
I'll start making a sign ups/lore/IC thread(s) tomorrow or maybe later tonight, if I have time!

But yeah, I wanted to ask a question relating to Ultra Beasts, considering their history and all. Would they fall under the classification of Legendaries and Mystical Pokémon... but there are multiple versions of their kind within their worlds and dimensions. Would they be allowed or not, I just wanted to clarify something.

But yeah, I wanted to ask a question relating to Ultra Beasts, considering their history and all. Would they fall under the classification of Legendaries and Mystical Pokémon... but there are multiple versions of their kind within their worlds and dimensions. Would they be allowed or not, I just wanted to clarify something.
Hmm. I think I'm going to have to classify the ultra beasts as legedaries/mythicals. However, type: null/silvally i would be fine with, and cosmog as long as you don't make them evolve until towards the end.

Pokemon can be experiments to try and create a legendary/mythical/ultra beast too, as long as they aren't actually one of those. For example, my nidobat, once fully evolved, was supported to be a sort of synthetic eternatus. Obviously, it was one of the failures on the scientists' part. This is completely fine.

Hmm. I think I'm going to have to classify the ultra beasts as legedaries/mythicals. However, type: null/silvally i would be fine with, and cosmog as long as you don't make them evolve until towards the end.

Pokemon can be experiments to try and create a legendary/mythical/ultra beast too, as long as they aren't actually one of those. For example, my nidobat, once fully evolved, was supported to be a sort of synthetic eternatus. Obviously, it was one of the failures on the scientists' part. This is completely fine.

Ok, got it... I was thinking of creating a Clobbopus who was implanted with the genetic coding of a willing high ranking scientist to create a highly intelligent fighter, only to make a unwilling combatant that would rather talk things out, or some unlucky Wimpod being used to run tests of how the Pokémon minds work under different situations, usually in turn for treats.

To share, the lore behind my character is that, as somewhat mentioned before, he was created to be an incredibly effective fighter that also has the Illusion abilities that Zorua and its evolved form have. The surgical enhancements he has received grant these bonuses:

1. While Dark-types are normally weak to Fighting, Bug, and Fairy, he now receives standard damage from Bug & Fairy, since the enhancements make him a sort of pseudo-Steel type and combine with those two prior weaknesses to allow him to take regular damage. He's still weak to Fighting, as is typical of Dark-types.

2. While typical Steel-types are fully immune to Poison, my character is not, but he does take 1/4 damage from it. I credit this as an inability of the scientists to grant full Poison immunity to a Pokemon that was initially not considered Steel, to any capacity.

3. The enhancements themselves are made of a special metal alloy-- it is very strong, yet also lightweight. This grants him not just greater agility and endurance, but also higher overall stamina and strength. The enhancements are also special-made to morph and accommodate his new form if and when he evolves into Zoroark.

I'm still spitballing ideas, but I have a few. DovahBeat DovahBeat is the lab run by humans? Or is it other Pokemon running the experiments? If the lab is run by humans, would the lab have any ties to the evil teams in the core series?

I'm still spitballing ideas, but I have a few. DovahBeat DovahBeat is the lab run by humans? Or is it other Pokemon running the experiments? If the lab is run by humans, would the lab have any ties to the evil teams in the core series?
The lab is run by humans, and does have ties to team rocket. The humans and team rocket don't have much to do with the overall plot I have, though, just in the beginning to get us started and a reason to exist. Basically a catalyst for the rest of the plot.

Got it. Then, perhaps, would it not be too far fetched for team galactic to commission a hybrid of their own? Like a Sylvally but better. An Eevee, their genetic code so scrambled and entangled with the cosmic forces imbued inside the timespace orbs, it could temporarily take on any one type. Or perhaps augmented by an RKS System custom-made for Eevees. They wouldn't need any kind of trigger to change types, and perhaps it would be random? They couldn't change types with memory drives, but perhaps plates...

Got it. Then, perhaps, would it not be too far fetched for team galactic to commission a hybrid of their own? Like a Sylvally but better. An Eevee, their genetic code so scrambled and entangled with the cosmic forces imbued inside the timespace orbs, it could temporarily take on any one type. Or perhaps augmented by an RKS System custom-made for Eevees. They wouldn't need any kind of trigger to change types, and perhaps it would be random? They couldn't change types with memory drives, but perhaps plates...

As long as it doesn't end up being too op I'm fine with it. :) Loving the ideas from all of you so far!

EDIT: I'm working on the official sign ups now, and the sign up sheet. Will be up in the next couple of hours most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back