• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Tabletop Edition!

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey there Pokemon fans! Have you ever considered doing a tabletop Pokemon game set in the world of Mystery Dungeon? No? Yes? Well, it doesn't matter, because I'm gonna be hosting one for you to join! Play as a human turned Pokemon, use dice mechanics brought from the original Pokemon Tabletop United game in combat, form a team and set out to uncover the secret behind your mysterious transformation. Fight the forces of evil threatening to destroy this land and hopefully find your way home! The world is yours!

Requirements:
- Discord + voice chat
- A basic knowledge of Pokemon, specifically Mystery Dungeon
- Patience while I patch together a Pokemon-only module of the original tabletop game
- Maturity; your character may die permanently, and I don't want to have to deal with negative fallout from that

Bonus points:
- Basic knowledge of Pokemon Tabletop United
- Actually speaking in voice chat
- A chill attitude (the game might have a rough, patchy schedule when we first start out; bear with me)

THE JIST OF THINGS:
- I will be accepting 4 players max. If there's more than 4 people interested, I'll select players based on the character they make (not stats, but personality)
- YOU WILL BE FIGHTING IN CHARACTER AGAINST ANOTHER SET OF 4 PLAYERS (so be chill with that, ok?)
- Basically I'm gonna be running two campaigns at once in the same world. I have to deal with 7-8 player characters and two separate but entwined story lines, so excuse me if I need a week off every once in a while.

So that about sums it up. If you're interested in going toe-to-toe with 3-4 random strangers in a battle of wits and strategy (as well as doing player vs environment stuff too) then leave a comment below with what base level Pokemon you wanna play.

Thanks!!!

I'd like to try this out though I wanna know what a basic knowledge of Poke Mystery Dungeon may mean. Other than that I think I meet the requirements!

I'd like to try this out though I wanna know what a basic knowledge of Poke Mystery Dungeon may mean. Other than that I think I meet the requirements!

Just knowing how the dungeons work is enough.

Oh this sounds fun! Though I haven't played the games past explorers of darkness, so my mystery dungeon knowledge is a little dated.

Oh this sounds fun! Though I haven't played the games past explorers of darkness, so my mystery dungeon knowledge is a little dated.

That’s okay! Not a lot has changed since.

do you guys have a time set on this yet? while not being keen on the voice chat thing (my voice imo sounds bad on mics. i would like to try this

It's up in the air at the moment. I'm still working on putting mechanics together...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back