• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Eternal Horizons [Interest Check]

WorldWeaver

Dreamer of the Impossible
An original tale for my favorite spin-off franchise of all time, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Eternal Horizons is a passion project I have been working on for a long time now. In the world of PMD, a realm inhabited only by Pokemon, there exist spaces called Mystery Dungeons, strange labyrinths that change every time they are entered. These are dangerous places, filled with traps and seemingly feral Pokémon. However, for those who venture into them, they could find marvelous treasures beyond even their wildest dreams. Those who make it a living to investigate these places, save or assist Pokémon lost in them, or hunt outlaws and criminals hiding within them, are called explorers.

Welcome to Tempest Town, a settlement of Pokémon located within a mountain valley, built right over a river delta. This place is known as the "Endless Carnival" due to its lively atmosphere, but it is also well known for being the location of the famed Tempest Guild and Academy for Aspiring Explorers. Run by a powerful and famous veteran explorer, this fine institution is a place where those who desire to become explorers are trained for the job, and those who already are can find work. However, strange omens have been sighted on the horizon lately, but what they could possibly mean, no one really knows. Can the Tempest Guild avert disaster or has the fate of the Pokémon world already been sealed?!

Regarding rules specific to this RP, it's mostly the standard stuff:

1) Make sure to follow the site rules, please. Link: RpNation: Community Guidelines

2) You may create up to three characters to control; Whether they are all eventually on the same team or not, I'll leave up to you.

3) No Legendary/Mythical Pokémon as characters, No Ultra Beasts (At least not yet; might make it available with some of them later down the line), and no Fakemon.

Moltres
Zapdos
Articuno
Mewtwo
Mew
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Latios
Latias
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza
Deoxys
Jirachi
Uxie
Mespirit
Azelf
Dialga
Palkia
Heatran
Regigigas
Giratina
Cresselia
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Landourous
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Hoopa
Diance
Volcanion
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Cosmog
Cosmeon
Solgaleo
Lunaala
Necrozma
Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheramosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Magearna
Marshadow
Poipole
Naganaedal
Stakatata
Blacephelon
Zeraora
Meltan
Melmetal
Zacian
Zamazenta
Calyrex
Glastrier
Spectrier
Kubfu
Urshifu
Regileki
Regidrago
Enamourous
Zarude

4) Godmodding (making your character unreasonably powerful/impervious to flaws/damage, etc.) is a strict no-no in my RPs. There is nothing that drags down the RP experience like someone who can easily overcome every obstacle the RP has to throw at them.

5) "Berries" is the keyword to show you've read the rules. You get a cookie if you can find a creative way to implement it into your character sheet!

6) (Consider this one unofficial; once we have a full roster, we'll vote on making it legit, or discuss another combat balancing mechanic) In Combat, you can only use one move per post. This is to prevent spamming multiple attacks to dish out a ton of damage too quickly.

7) Have fun!! :)

8) Mega Evolution, Z-moves, Dynamaxing, and Gigantamaxing will not be permitted in the early stages of the storyline, not even for veteran explorers.

Further Notes
-While I intend to RP as a human-turned-Pokémon, you are free to use the same role so long as you can explain how the "human" (they will be a Pokémon in this world) arrived in the Pokémon World.
-Level cap for new characters is 15. That being said, if your Pokemon fits the criteria, you can start them off evolved.
-If you wish to take the role of an NPC either in the guild or in Town, Feel free to let me know via PM (I'd definitely appreciate the help)
Guild:
Archivist (Runs the library and keeps track of the Guild's records)
Nurse (Patches up the wounded, heals the sick, keeps the guild members healthy)
Head Chef (Cooks the meals for the Guild)
Courier (Updates the Job Boards and carries messages to and from the Guild)
Dojo Keeper (Trains students for combat/ rescue situations)
Professors (Teach Students during class times) [3 spaces available]
Team Assembly (Helps put together teams for the next outing)

Town:
General Store
Day Care
Bank/Storage

Character Name:
Pokemon:
Team:
Level:
Moves Learned (No more than four, any generation/game):

Likes (Optional):
Dislikes (Optional):
Personality (Optional):
Backstory (Optional):
Other Details (Unique visual or personal quirks, stuff like that) (Optional):

Of course, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to let me know. Got a storyline idea? Send me a PM, and we can work things out!

Last edited:
I love PMD! I played explorers of Time and Sky soooo many times! Question: Are we allowed to start with evolved Pokémon? I was thinking of doing a Quilava/Skitty pairing or maybe a Ninetales/Luxio

I love PMD! I played explorers of Time and Sky soooo many times! Question: Are we allowed to start with evolved Pokémon? I was thinking of doing a Quilava/Skitty pairing or maybe a Ninetales/Luxio
Hmmmmm...I suppose it could work out. I'm gonna set a level cap of 15 to start us off. That sound good? Also, glad to see a fellow fan!

Here are the characters I plan to add into the mix! Looking forward to seeing all your characters, too!

Character Name: Leon
Pokemon: Shinx

Team: N/A (Will eventually form a new team with Kitsu and Jett)
Level: 5
Moves Learned: Tackle, Leer, Thundershock

Likes: Sitrus berries (Super tangy and sweet!), adventures (It's always fun seeing what lies beyond your horizons!), trying new things (Nothing ventured, nothing gained!), pulling pranks/practical jokes (What can I say? I like making others' days a bit more exciting), making new friends (Always helps to have people...er, Pokémon, you can share your laughter and tears with.)

Dislikes: Tomato Berries (Way too spicy!), Being stuck in one place or with nothing to do for extended periods of time (I get bored easily, sue me!), Pokémon who are too serious (They really gotta learn to relax and have fun every now and then), Arrogant Pokémon (Those stuck-up types really grind my gears, acting like they're all superior)

Personality: Fun-loving, kind-hearted, and confident with a mischievous streak a mile wide, Leon loves nothing more than to get out and explore or relax with those he considers close friends. He'll never back down from a challenge put in front of him, and he won't abandon a friend in need. Leon also has a more relaxed side, as despite his situation, one many would consider quite stressful, he simply rolls with the punches, making the most of every situation, and always looking for ways to improve it.

Backstory: Suffering from amnesia, Leon can't recall his past as a human, but he does remember being one. He has at least retained his name as well.

Other Details: Has a slightly thicker coat of fur than the average Shinx
Character Name: Kitsu
Pokemon: Vulpix (Kanto)

Team: N/A (will eventually form a new team with Leon and Jett)
Moves Learned: Ember, Tail Whip, Disable

Likes: Pecha Berries (I like sweet things!), Books (You never know what you can learn from a good book!), Writing (I've actually always wanted to write a novel of my own...), Collecting Pokémon Monthly magazines (It helps to keep up with current events, especially with explorer life!), Singing (E-Ehm...I get stage fright if I have an audience, but...It helps cheer me up whenever I'm feeling down...)

Dislikes: Thunderstorms (I-It's a long story as to why, but I'm pretty easily scared of them...), Being reminded of her family (We...don't exactly have the most positive relationship...), Bedhead (It's a pet peeve of mine)

Personality: Kitsu is a timid and gentle soul. She prefers not to get confrontational with others, but all the same wants to help other Pokemon as best she can. She has a very low self-esteem due to her upbringing, but she constantly pushes herself to improve and do her best and can stay level-headed when things go wrong. She is determined to become a great explorer and someone others can rely on.

Backstory: Kitsu prefers not to talk about her past, and so no one really knows much about where she's from. One day, she appeared in Tempest Town, having stowed away in an airship, and was taken in by the local innkeeper, Kangaskhan, who raised Kitsu as her daughter. She has considered Kangaskhan her mother ever since.

Other Details: Wears a blue bow on her left ear, the first birthday present she recieved from Kangaskhan.
Character Name: Jett
Pokemon: Buizel

Team: N/A (Will eventually form a team w/ Leon and Kitsu)
Level: 8
Moves Learned: Tackle, Growl

Likes: Swimming (Obviously), Challenging himself (I find it fun to push myself by giving myself these goals to reach. Helps with self-improvement, too), Impressing others, especially the ladies, Money

Dislikes: Being ignored, Aspear Berries (Too dry for my taste. Blech!), Those who disregard the safety of others, or hurt them for their own gains (Pokemon like that are scum!)

Personality: You'd be forgiven for taking one look at Jett and seeing him as a con mon for his exaggerated tales. After all, he does tend to exaggerate his past heroic deeds to try and garner fame and attention and seems to be in the Exploration career for the money, fame, and possibly to schmooze the females. However, continue to observe him, and you'll find someone with a strong sense of justice, and a courageous heart, willing to help others because it's the right thing to do.

Backstory: Jett comes from a middle-of-nowhere village by the coast, just downstream of one of Tempest Town's many rivers. While his claims to being a local hero there may be exaggerated, there aren't completely false. After all, he has helped the villagers as an ad-hoc rescuer on a few occasions, though the situations weren't quite as dire as he might portray them. Desiring to expand his horizons and become the hero he'd always claimed to be, he decided to set off for Tempest Town to join the famed Tempest Guild and Academy.

Other Details: Wears a pair of triangular shades.

So sorry for not replying sooner. Life has been keeping me busy! We'd be glad to have ya!
Np, everyone has a life.

Here are my sheet.
Character Name: Ray
Pokemon: Misdreavus

Team: N/A
Moves Learned (No more than four, any generation/game): Confusion, Spite, Shadow Sneak

Likes (Optional): Silent, Dark place, Gloomy weather, New moon night, bitter foods, Rawst berries
Dislikes (Optional): Sunny day, being in the spotlight, Party, Crowded place
Personality (Optional): Ray is the definition of gloomy, he avoid the crowd and speak quietly. He also often mumbling by himself in the dark coner. Ray can appear from any dark place when mentioned, often spooked other people with his sudden appearance. But beneath all that, he is a kind individual. Ray likes to support everyone from the shadow and try to be helpful in his own way.
Backstory (Optional):
Other Details (Unique visual or personal quirks, stuff like that) (Optional): None

I’d be interested I think. Just gotta dig into my massive pile of Pokémon I like to figure out which ones I’d want to make characters for.

Character Name: Lena
Pokemon: Scorbunny

Level: 12
Moves Learned (No more than four, any generation/game): Ember, Double Kick, Quick Attack
Likes (Optional): Exercise, Warm Days, Fast Paced Music, A good challenge, Spicy Food(Lum Berries), Battling and Exploring, good jokes.
Dislikes (Optional): Rain, Waiting around, long lectures, Bullies, Small Spaces.
Personality (Optional): Flare is a fast paced creature that never likes to stay in one thing for any amount of time. She's got very little patience and mountains of energy that she will often put towards practicing battle moves. She is an independent spirit but she's not tough to get along with as long as her spunky attitude isn't found annoying. She isn't gifted in any form of academics and she's more of a doer than a thinker but she's by no means an idiot and has a crafty side that often comes when adding it to something she cares about.
Backstory (Optional): WIP
Other Details (Unique visual or personal quirks, stuff like that) (Optional): Taps her foot on the ground rapidly when frustrated. Gets fidgety after sitting still for too long. Never seen without some old bandages wrapped around her right leg, if pressed on the matter she'll call it a sentimental gift.

Character Name: Clay
Pokemon: Gible

Level: 7
Moves Learned (No more than four, any generation/game): Dragon Rage, Sand Attack, Tackle
Likes (Optional): Any type of food(Clay is not picky in the slightest). Mud, Hanging out with friends, Art, Gardening.
Dislikes (Optional): Cold Days, big words, incessant noise, being tricked, it being pointed out that he's slow, arguing.
Personality (Optional): Clay is a simple but good-hearted creature. He's very easygoing and has a habit of trying to please the people around him. Clay isn't scared of much and while sometimes his fearless nature is up to a lack of knowledge of danger he'll hop into danger to help others he cares about with little thought about the matter. Clay doesn't like to start fights and is quite a peaceful creature most of the time, preferring to chill out in a garden or maybe a mud puddle instead of hopping into a battle with another Pokémon
Backstory (Optional): WIP
Other Details (Unique visual or personal quirks, stuff like that) (Optional): He wears a gus cowboy hat most of the time.
(He is not supposed to be a pokemonized version of the gym leader. I just like the name for a ground type and the idea of a southern Garchomp wearing a tiny cowboy hat is entertaining to me).

Narrowed characters down to two of my favorites. Let me know if they're alright I don't think I've got the energy to work on backgrounds tonight though so I'll hop on that tomorrow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back