• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Arcadian Seekers

Noivian

Drinker of coffees
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome to the wonderful world of Pokémon! In this world, there are no humans, just Pokémon. But the world is not without its own peril: Mystery Dungeons, great chasms and extensive cave systems with ever-changing layouts where feral Pokémon roam, pose a constant threat to the more settled Pokémon who live near them. And given how thickly permeated this world is with Mystery Dungeons, it's no wonder that many civilized Pokémon have banded together into towns and smaller settlements.

Regardless of how well Pokémon living in these towns and villages try, though, many Pokémon find themselves lost within the dungeons. Therefore, certain Pokémon with a knack for adventure and the skill to back it often band together to form teams, delving into the dungeons to recover lost Pokémon or items. Teams that primarily handle search and rescue or item retrieval missions are called Rescue Teams. There are other kinds of teams, who's main goal is exploration, or treasure hunting, or assisting in the arrest of outlaws: these teams typically fall under the umbrella term of Exploration Teams, and while they do not shy away from rescue missions, it is not their primary goal.

There is a third type of team, one more highly acclaimed, yet few and far between. These teams are often thought to be anomalies, their members consisting of exceptional Pokémon, distinguished not just by skill but by history. Said to be brought together by fate and formed when the world is most in need of heroes - these are the Seeker Teams.

A team is not simply named a Seeker Team. At least, not initially. Seeker Teams are usually only recognized as such after performing a series of valiant deeds usually considered beyond their scope of capabilities. Examples of famous Seeker Teams include Team Lavender, known for awakening Rayquaza to save the world from an imminent and potentially devastating meteor strike, and Team Temporia, known for bravely traversing time to save the world from permanent paralysis. Many teams aspire to become known as a Seeker Team, their deeds recorded into the history books for all time.

But what few realize, is that every Seeker Team had one thing in common - one of their teammates was a human who had turned into a Pokémon. It's so uncannily common in Seeker Teams, that it almost seems to be a requirement. So that brings us to you, human. You are about to enter this world inhabited only by Pokémon. You are not the first one to come here, and you will not be the last - the mark you leave on history is entirely decided upon the actions you take. But first, we need to determine what Pokémon you will become.

Hello, ladies, gents, and distinguished guests! If you've read through the above intro, you should know what this is all about. If not, allow me to summarize. This is a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon RP focusing on a small group of humans who have turned into Pokémon. As with all instances of this event occurring, your arrival to this world means that its future is in your unwitting hands. How and why will be revealed as the RP progresses, so I can't say much more than that at the moment.

- I'm looking for no more than 5 players on this wild ride.
- I would like at least three posts a week, consisting of no less than one paragraph (five lengthy sentences or roughly seven shorter ones... or some combination of the two).
- We're going to be in this for the long haul, so if you're not going to commit or think you might ghost after three posts, then this is not the RP for you.
- What Pokémon you're turned into will be randomly generated: you'll have three options to pick from, and if you don't like the first set, you can try your chances with the second, but cannot go back to the first set once you see the second set.

More will be revealed once we get people interested. Comment below if you'd like to participate! Once I have five or more, I'll set up character sheets, or applications if we have more than five interested.

Great! I'll get a character sheet page up, and hopefully by the time everyone gets sheets in we'll have a fifth.

Eyyooooooo

Whos up for that sweet pokemon action!?

I hope you all are cause its time to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off in dungeons full of dangerous pokemon!

Soooo, since we lack a ooc just, yet, hope ya'll are as excited as me!

If this is still accepting new players, I'd love to be part of it. Also, one question, do our humans come from a world where living Pokémon exist, or are they from the real world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back