• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Now, I just want to do an quick vote, would you guys prefer the OOC and lore to be in a discord server, another thread or both?
I don't have a discord so I'd only be able to access via OOC ^^''
Also, I reckon I'm planning on my character being a Zorua. Love their design.

Interested been waiting for a mystery dungeon rp. What about egg moves how many can a pokemon have?
It's great having you! I'm currently treating egg moves just like level up moves, and really not restricting how many you can have. Be as creative as you want!

Alright, I'm currently in the making of a OOC and Lore page where you'll be able to post your CSs. Expect it to be done sometime around 8PM AWST (7AM EST, 4AM PST). If it's not up by then, just assume there were delays due to life happening. 😕

I fear that I won't be able to post the OOC thread tonight (It's past 9:00 for me and I had a horrible night yesterday). I have however finished a draft and I am going over the process of polishing it. Even then, the version I post won't be final and will receive updates as we go through the game.

I don't want to leave you guys hanging though, so here is a snippet of the Origins. You'll be able to pick where your Pokemon came from, and it will come with certain advantages and disadvantages.
Newcomers:
- Have just arrived in town, don't know anyone in town yet.
- Are able to get Kecleon's interest-free loan to buy a house.
- Start with 2 items, and ₽2000.
-Can only start with Level Up Moves.

Townie:
- Have lived in town for for some time now, have made acquaintances with other Pokemon.
- Are NOT able to get Kecleon's interest-free loan.
- Start with 3 Items, ₽500 and a house.
-Can start with Level Up moves and 1 TM/TR move.

Classic:
- Just like the PMD games, you were a human but you are now a Pokemon. You don't know anyone, or anything in fact.
- Are able to get Kecleon's interest-free loan.
- Start with neither common Items nor money. Start with a Mega Stone, Z-crystal or Wishing Star.
- Can start with Level Up moves, up to 2 TM/TR moves and 1 Tutor move.

Also, money will be a big thing in the game. To give you an Idea, your house will cost ₽10,000! Sleeping in your house provides you with an X1.2 boost to your EXP, as well as giving unlimited storage for Items. Other Items, such as the basic berries, may not pass ₽50. If you want a meal from the restaurant however, you may be looking at meals around ₽300.

I hope this update is enough for now, and I hope you guys are looking forward to the OOC tomorrow!

Can a character be in-and-out of the town and subsequently in-and-out of roleplaying in the group as a whole, as in leaving to go on trips or travelling for work off-"screen" within applicable reason?

Can a character be in-and-out of the town and subsequently in-and-out of roleplaying in the group as a whole, as in leaving to go on trips or travelling for work off-"screen" within applicable reason?
Not all of the Roleplay will be done within a group of players, if that's what you are asking. You may do solo posts at any time as long as they can eventually lead back into the town, or the group.

Examples of this would be you going to work somewhere where you work alone, or going off to explore the forest and mountains on your own. Sorry if I didn't understand the question right.

Not all of the Roleplay will be done within a group of players, if that's what you are asking. You may do solo posts at any time as long as they can eventually lead back into the town, or the group.

Examples of this would be you going to work somewhere where you work alone, or going off to explore the forest and mountains on your own. Sorry if I didn't understand the question right.

Good beans.

Ok so for now I'm expanding the OOC with a few extra things, such as what the Kecleons sell and adding in the major groups as well as pictures. I want to know from you guys:

-What kind of Items do you want the Kecleons to sell? Do you want their stock to change between days or remain the same?
-Do you think there should be more Notable Pokemon or it is fine for now? (I have plans on adding more later)
-Is there anything in particular that should be changed or added? Im always open to suggestions!

I like the number of notable Pokemon for now, but adding more later sounds like a great idea! We'll see the town grow with us. A couple ideas from off the top of my head:

Maybe a Glassblower Pokemon that makes and sells the flute items from Hoenn? Something like a Magmar would fit the bill!
Maybe a candy store that will sell the rare candies? Perhaps run by a Vanilluxe or Alcremie?

As for items the Kecleons sell, it seems like berries and such are covered by the farm. Perhaps the Kecleons could sell (every once in a while, like once a week!) a TM or TR that has been recovered by Explorer Teams? Having them sell things in general that Explorers bring back from Dungeons would be a cool thing, like Re-Tail in New Leaf. Either they buy from Explorers at a discount and sell for full price, or maybe they offer the flea market service like in NL? They could also sell evolution stones/other items needed for evolving, too. And the Plates from Diamond and Pearl could possibly be a good, less rare fit for them.

-Do you think there should be more Notable Pokemon or it is fine for now? (I have plans on adding more later)
Maybe a candy store that will sell the rare candies? Perhaps run by a Vanilluxe or Alcremie?

I could actually see an Alcremie running a bakery in general that can sell some of the food items seen in the main games, like Poffins, Pokepuffs, Pokeblocks and whatnot. It would broaden the food scene in the lore and provide another place for Pokemon to go to for food aside from Steenee and Centiscorch's restaurant. 🙂

-What kind of Items do you want the Kecleons to sell? Do you want their stock to change between days or remain the same?

The daily change for the Kecleons' sounds good to me. Since the farm already handles Seeds, maybe Orbs can be found exclusively with the Kecleons? Held items and whatnot can also be a thing they sell, like Soft Sand and Metal Coats.

I reckon that changing the items every day would make the store more interesting, and make it more akin to the mystery dungeon games, how you'd run up to the store and see if they were selling anything useful (probably hoping that they were selling revive seeds haha)

Oh yea, I was wondering if anyone planning on making a Classic pokemon would like to do a mystery-dungeon styled duo with Chirin? She'd probably enjoy doing something like that and having a friend with her, and would probably be very confinable in (and I'm weak for mystery dungeon partners haha)

Oh yea, I was wondering if anyone planning on making a Classic pokemon would like to do a mystery-dungeon styled duo with Chirin? She'd probably enjoy doing something like that and having a friend with her, and would probably be very confinable in (and I'm weak for mystery dungeon partners haha)
I you don't mind a level 1 partner, Aloysius would love to go exploring with Chirin!

She wouldn't mind! Their contrasting types is also an interesting aspect of the duo. She'd love to partner up with Aloysius! How do you reckon the two would meet?
Aloysius is quite forward and confident. Likely he'd just walk up and introduce himself - though he would do that with everyone, really. We can work together to come up with something more creative! PM me!

Hey! I think this is a really fun idea. Would it be alright if I joined as a classic with either a mareep or shinx?

Alright, thanks everybody for their feedback! I have started to update the OOC and have began on an IC thread, although that will take a few more days.

Also I fear I might not be able to keep up with everybody and maintain a productive study schedule. So, if it's not too much too ask for, I'd like someone to become a co-GM and work with me on this. You wouldn't need to become full time GM, just greet accept people who are interested in the RP, help with creative ideas and posts. If you feel you can help me, feel free @ me or message me here or on Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back