• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Sul_Silver

I am confusion
It's finally the big day...

You've been planning this move for a few months now. It's not that your old home is bad or anything, but you had you reasons for wanting a change of scenery, a fresh start. You'd be arriving at Star Shard Town in just a few hours, a town full of opportunity, where your dreams can finally come true. You don't have much, just a couple of Items, and your savings which amount to just about ₽2000... you aren't sure if it's enough, but surely someone may allow you to perhaps have a no-interest loan?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Shard Town: The Town of change

Star Shard is a small, but popular town. Although not very big yet, it's location and locals allow the town to grow by getting new shops and building new homes for the Pokemon wishing to move in. Recently, the opening of few rescue teams in town further sealed it as a popular location. Pokemon from all over the region are moving in, and so are you. Are you ready to start you new life in Star Shard?

Star Shard is home to over 30 residents, as well as a few visitors and temporary residents. The town has a general shop, a restaurant, a bank, a farm and a hotel, as well as houses for all residents. It also has a small battleground, where friendly matches and tournaments occur. The mail service is usually carried out by Pelliper, although it's not uncommon to see other Pokemon do it from time to time. There is also 2 rescue teams that made Star Shard their base, the Blue Water Rescue Team which is lead by a Blastoise and the Red Blazes Adventure Team lead by a Blaziken.
Outside town, there is more to explore! North west, you can find the Cursed forest. To the east, there's the Blizzard mountains and the Fiery desert. Pokemon that live in these locations tend to live a more feral lifestyle, so beware of possible attacks. There is also the river Sixth, which is home to many water types, although they tend to be feral. Some of these locations also have special places to explore, such as the mines in the Blizzard mountains.​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notable Pokemon and Groups

View attachment 684301
Just like in other towns, Star Shard's general store is run by Kecleon! They recently started helping Pokemon new to the town get settled by selling them houses and providing interest-free loans to those who need it. They also sell useful items that can help Pokemon in their adventures or just everyday life.

View attachment 684306View attachment 684307
This odd couple runs the restaurant in town. Steenee is the serious one, while Centiscorch is the jolly one. Their meals aren't cheap, although they do come with great secondary effects that include resistance to specific types, stronger moves and even better stats.

View attachment 684308
This Alolan Meowth has settled into the town a long time ago, and since then managed to have a successful business as a banker. His bank can not only store your money, but also hand out large interest-free loans! Just don't expect much of him if you really need financial help.

View attachment 684309View attachment 684310
This two are best friends, and they manage the farm that provides the town with it's berries, herbs and other healthy foods. You can buy fresh berries and farm items off of them, or give them a hand at the farm.

View attachment 684311
They have been together since they were newborns, and worked as a team to open the first hotel in town! The hotel offers accommodation to any Pokemon in need of a place to sleep, for rather modest prices. The Male twin also has a great fashion sense and sells clothes, while the female twin can offer great relationship advice!

View attachment 684312
Gallade is the main fighter and tournament organizer in town. He helps Pokemon build their strength and learn new techniques. He also organizes friendly matches and even tournaments where you can get money!

Red Blazes, lead by a Blaziken, is a team that focuses on exploration and finding treasures. Currently, the team has 6 members: Blaziken, Lycanrock (Day), Jolteon, Bisharp, Feraligatr and Staraptor

Blue Water is a team that focuses on helping other Pokemon and Strengthening each other. It is lead by a Blastoise, and has 5 other members: Luxray, Decidueye, Falinks, Corviknight and Ninetales (Alolan)

Usually using the hotel as a base, the SSES helps Pokemon that were found in dangerous situations recover. The current members are Audino, Blissey and Togetic.

The Rebel Raiders are a infamous group, whose aim seem to just cause as much chaos as possible in the town and surroundings. It is unkown how many members there are in the group, but it is clear that they prefer quantity over quality in that regard. They often steal, harass and vandalize the town, causing the Rescue Teams main goal to stop them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The RP: How it works

The roleplay takes elements from the Pokemon main series titles all the way to gen 8, The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, the Animal Crossing series and Stardew Valley. Unlike the PMD games, you don't need to be part of a Rescue team to play. Instead, you can choose to do small jobs for the townspeople and even get employed in some cases. This is not necessary however, and you may choose to instead simply explore the region around the town.
A large portion of the roleplay consists of you interacting with other townspeople and players while progressing the story of the town and your own. This will happen naturally as time progresses.
While the town is peaceful, some battles my take place. May they be due to feral Pokemon ambushes, a friendly battle at the battle grounds or an attack by the Rebel Raiders. In these case, the battles will work just like in the Pokemon main series games, with some Anime flair added to it, meaning that some moves will be able to combo with others, and dodging will be more frequent. Mega Evolution, Z-Moves and Gigantamaxing are all in, but in order to have some balance, normal Dynamaxing is banned. They still require Mega Stones, Z-crystals and Gigantamaxing requires an wishing stone. These can be rarely found in dungeons and shops. Battles between players should take place in a joint post.​

Rules:
  • No NSFW roleplaying of any kind. Romance is allowed, but don't overdo it.
  • Posts should be detailed and descriptive. There's no need to create a text wall, but try go have at least 250 words per post .
  • Don't control other player's character without their permission.
  • Do not be chaotic; the town is peaceful, and so will be the majority of the RP.
  • Be fair: Don't give your character ₽100000 just for the sake of it, and don't give yourself perfect moves from the start.
Character Restrictions:

-Porygon
-Articuno
-Zapdos
-Moltres
-Ditto
-Mewtwo
-Mew
-Porygon2
-Entei
-Suicune
-Raikou
-Ho-oh
-Lugia
-Celebi
-Latios
-Latias
-Regirock
-Regice
-Registeel
-Kyogre
-Groudon
-Rayquaza
-Jirachi
-Deoxys
-Porigon-Z
-Uxie
-Mesprit
-Azelf
-Dialga
-Palkia
-Heatran
-Regigigas
-Giratine
-Cresselia
-Phione
-Manaphy
-Darkrai
-Shaymin
-Arceus
-Victini
-Cobalion
-Terrakion
-Virizion
-Tornadus
-Thundurus
-Reshiram
-Zekrom
-Landorus
-Kyurem
-Keldeo
-Meloetta
-Genesect
-Xerneas
-Yveltal
-Zygarde
-Diacie
-Hoopa
-Volcanion
-Tapu Koko
-Tapu Lele
-Tapu Bulu
-Tapu Fini
-Cosmog
-Cosmoem
-Solgaleo
-Lunala
-Nihilego
-Buzzwole
-Pheromosa
-Xurkirtree
-Celesteela
-Kartana
-Guzzlord
-Necrozma
-Magearna
-Marshadow
-Poipole
-Naganadel
-Stakataka
-Blacephalon
-Zeraora
-Dracozolt
-Arctozolt
-Dracovish
-Arctovish
-Zacian
-Zamazenta
-Eternatus
  • Pokemon are limited to be Lv 20 maximum, and Lv 10 minimum.
  • You cannot be a 3rd stage Pokemon, but a 2nd stage is fine as long as it evolves prior or at Lv 20. Base Pokemon are fine.
  • All abilities that your species can have are active
  • Shinies and special color schemes are allowed as long as they are specified.
  • Your Pokemon can only learn moves it can learn in the games.
  • You can start with ₽2000 and 2 items.

We have an OOC Thread! Fandom - Pokemon Mystery Crossing (OOC and Lore)
We also have an Chat thread! Come over and say hi!: Fandom - Pokemon Mystery Crossing (OOC Chat)

Last edited:
Yo, seems pretty interesting so far. 🙂 Quick question though: Do all players have to come up as newcomers to Star Shard or can they be residents already?

Yo, seems pretty interesting so far. 🙂 Quick question though: Do all players have to come up as newcomers to Star Shard or can they be residents already?
While I was planning on making everybody newcomers, that could shake things up a bit in a nice way, so I'll allow it.^_^

While I was planning on making everybody newcomers, that could shake things up a bit in a nice way, so I'll allow it.^_^

Haha, nice. If you implement it, will residents also be subject to the level rule? Was planning on either showing up as a Boltund or a Linoone depending on the limit.

Haha, nice. If you implement it, will residents also be subject to the level rule? Was planning on either showing up as a Boltund or a Linoone depending on the limit.
I'm afraid so, for the sake of keeping it fair. Although you could start as a Linoone (either form), If you wished to play as Bolthund you'd have to start as an Yamper.

How about stone evolutions? Say you've got a Flareon joining in. Would that be allowed so long as its move pool is only based on what it can learn at level 20? This looks pretty interesting. I've been thinking of a PMD RP for a while now.

How about stone evolutions? Say you've got a Flareon joining in. Would that be allowed so long as its move pool is only based on what it can learn at level 20? This looks pretty interesting. I've been thinking of a PMD RP for a while now.
For item evolution, I was thinking of requiring the player to start with the item they use to evolve. So a Flareon would need a fire stone while a Weavile would need a to start with a razor claw.

Happiness evolutions would be more subjective. As long as you believe that your Pokemon has achieved peak happiness, you'll be able to evolve.

It's been literal years since I've done a group RP and I'm very new to this site, but if you don't mind that, I'd like to join in! How would you feel about me taking the "typical" mystery dungeon route and playing a human that's been turned into a Pokemon? If it's allowed, I'll probably start out as level 10 to indicate that my character has VERY LITTLE experience. I'd even be willing to play lower level for balance or anything you might be worried about. Not sure what Pokemon I'd want to play yet, though, I'll have a browse through the Pokedex.

It's been literal years since I've done a group RP and I'm very new to this site, but if you don't mind that, I'd like to join in! How would you feel about me taking the "typical" mystery dungeon route and playing a human that's been turned into a Pokemon? If it's allowed, I'll probably start out as level 10 to indicate that my character has VERY LITTLE experience. I'd even be willing to play lower level for balance or anything you might be worried about. Not sure what Pokemon I'd want to play yet, though, I'll have a browse through the Pokedex.
You could take a more standard route, sure! The level 20 rule means that that's the maximum, not the minimum so technically you can start at level 1 should you wish. You would need money to begin a Rescue team, but you could try out for the 2 teams already present in town.
Anyways, I'm glad to have you!

Now, I just want to do an quick vote, would you guys prefer the OOC and lore to be in a discord server, another thread or both?

Now, I just want to do an quick vote, would you guys prefer the OOC and lore to be in a discord server, another thread or both?
I'm good with either. I tend to be more responsive to pokes on discord in general, though, but I'm fine if other's don't want to use it. Still exploring how to use this site, too.
Haven't had much time to pick a pokemon that I want to play yet, went out to dinner. What are other people thinking of playing? Also, will the link to the IC thread be posted here when it goes live? (sorry if the questions are dumb, like I said... new-ish to this :) )

I'm good with either. I tend to be more responsive to pokes on discord in general, though, but I'm fine if other's don't want to use it. Still exploring how to use this site, too.
Haven't had much time to pick a pokemon that I want to play yet, went out to dinner. What are other people thinking of playing? Also, will the link to the IC thread be posted here when it goes live? (sorry if the questions are dumb, like I said... new-ish to this :) )

Planning on playing a Linoone trying to start his little, family-run odd-jobs shop myself. And yeah, generally the threads to the main RPs and character sheets will be linked here when it goes live, though that depends on the GM of course. 🙂

Don't worry about it! While I'm planning an OOC thread, a discord server is not out of the table yet. The link for both OOC and IC threads will be posted here once they are finished.
None of your question are dumb. If you have genuine questions that can't be solved by a Google, ask! Someone will surely respond eventually. ^_^
(Also I'm planning on maybe a Meowstic or Ampharos... not entirely sure yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back