• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Life

CaptainSully

🤘🏻Master of Puppets🤘🏻
logo.png

1.png

Kanto is a jewel just waiting to be explored...

Four decades ago Ash Ketchum the world renowned pokemon trainer called it a day and retired to a far off archipelago from the bright lights and cameras that began to swarm him at the end of his career. The world he left behind has changed somewhat but is for the most part entirely recognisable. Parents are no longer allowed to let their twelve year olds wander off on their own around the region of Kanto meaning the average age of a pokemon trainer has risen to eighteen. In addition to this, pokemon are no longer bound by the regions that they were back when Ash travelled the world. The Oak Institute, named after the late great professor of the same name, has led the way in pokemon conservation efforts for the last twenty years. Now headed by Oak's great grand daughter Arianna Oak, the Institute has seen to breeding programs of pokemon all around the world. This has meant pokemon not native to Kanto are now flourishing alongside the native species.

The infrastructure of the Kanto region is one of the biggest changes. Transport from city to city is quick with roads and train links making travel much easier than previously. Many cities are now directly linked to each other with even Cinnabar Island now being tied to the mainland by a direct bridge over the water to Pallet Town. Pokemarts are still around albeit with much more competition from independent stores and chains. Pokecentres are now all run by the Oak Institute and are able to provide any and all help a pokemon trainer needs.

Since the days of Ash, the Pokemon League has seen the introduction of a trainer license. Supported by the governments of the world, this license can only be claimed after a persons 18th person and can only be utilised once they have left school. Anyone found catching or training pokemon with a license can face huge fines and even jail time. This is a result of people leaving school at a young age without finishing their education and upon realising their dream to be the best wasn't going to happen, had no education to fall back on. The number of jobless and homeless as a result skyrocketed and so the Trainer License was put in place to stop this. Beyond the moral issues of a parent allowing their child to wander the world at thirteen, the league felt the license was a positive move in ensuring the safety of the young generation. Many young lives were ruined after being tricked to join the infamous Team Rocket. The group still exists but they no longer wear a uniform after realising it made the job of the police infinitely easier.

This is a Pokemon themed RP set in the Kanto region where things have changed since the days of Ash Ketchum. The idea is that it will follow a small group of young adults (18 to 21) who are setting off on their pokemon journey together. I'm thinking up to 3/4 other people and there is no real restriction on whether someone wants to be a trainer or not. If we end up with all players as trainers then so be it. It'll be pretty free form meaning I want you guys to try and take the lead with where you want to go and what you want to do. Each town will have an event that will take over but for the most part you can do as you wish. Stay as a group, split up, go off on your own, im happy either way.

I do want to take a bit of a darker approach with this so ideally I want people taking part to be 18+ (not just characters). It's not a killer by no means but you can just expect some more real world reactions to situations, particularly when Team Rocket decide to show up.

NPC Trainer battles and capturing pokemon will be RP'd out by the players themselves. In terms of Gym Battles I do intend to have this happen on Pokemon Showdown although that could change. PvP battles are allowed and again, I would prefer Showdown to be used (more just so I can see the highlights lol). That said, if two players agree to RP out the result, just please avoid arguments.

In terms of activity I would like at least one post a week.

So if you're interested just throw your interest down below and fill in the basic application (This isn't the complete CS, that will be PM'd to successful applicants to complete).

Name: (Simple)
Goal: (Do they want to be a trainer? Gym Leader? Beauty Contests?)
Personality: (Paragraph or bullet points are acceptable)
Backstory: (At least two paragraphs please. I'm not asking for a massive essay but just some details that can help give depth to their personality)

[/color]

Name: Zack Callihan
Goal: To become a Gym Leader

Personality: Zack is a pretty laid back individual, taking things easily, one day at a time. He is slowly working towards his goal of becoming a Gym Leader, but he is in no rush for that. Honestly, he is currently just working on gaining a small but loyal group of pokemon first and maybe win some gym battle under his belt before figuring out how he wants to become a gym leader. He might seem as though he isn't moving through with his plans, but he is more of a long term kinda guy. Some would consider him lazy, but he just doen't like to rush a good thing. However, if you get him pumped up, nothing will stop him until he completes whatever lays before him.

Backstory: Zack Callihan lived in Pallet town his entire life and followed the career of Ash Ketchum as well as the impressive Oak Institute. His father and mother came from other regions and had both been small time gym leaders at one time or another, nothing major, just one of the many smaller style gyms that were off the beaten paths, but still official with the League, before retiring to Pallet town and having their son. The pair met at a gym leader conference and quickly fell in love. His fire type gym against her grass type gym, their love was super effective and they became a couple pretty quickly.

They wished to give their son the best sort of first hand pokemon education from one of the more prestigious institutes in the world. HIs mother became a part time pokemon researcher and his father gives lectures at various universities, but even with all of those possibilities laying out before him, Zack has still always wanted to follow in the original footsteps of his parents and become a gym leader. In fact, he has wanted to become a major gym leader, where trainers would come from all over to challenge him for his badge.

Zack has finished his schooling as a solid B student in various fields of education. He has always looked up to his parents, but he wondered if they couldn't have gone further as gym leaders and wants to do just that. He has decided that he is finally ready to venture out into the world with his charmander and take on the world or at least a small chunk of it, before settling into a location as an official gym leader.

A somewhat more realistic pokeworld with simplistic premise, ayy.

Name: Marisu Sakurai
Goal: Pokemon researcher

Personality:
- A well-prepared person, too damn well prepared that she can't pack lightly and ends up lugging a huge suitcase for her journey, it can be remote-controlled though. There's a lot of recording devices inside.
- Poses high curiousity. It's a researcher's main instinct, she said. Her pokedex also has some extra features to help her take notes in the wild.
- Groom her pokemon well and likes to show them off to other people. Also a fan of the current Kanto Queen, Vermilli the Blazing Heart, whose performance oftenly described as 'a passionate dance of flesh and fire'.

Backstory:
Marisu used to be a sheltered girl and was supposed to take over her parent's company after she finished her education. Though her life take a sharp turn after she took interest in wildlife research and changed her course to pokemon study.

She's now a trainee researcher under the tutelage of Professor Arianna Oak and is currently a member of the Wild Eye Project, a project that monitors the current wild environment after the influx of species from another regions introduced to Kanto. This requires her to records a lot of videos taken from the wild and send any notable discoveries to the HQ.

Good to see some early interest. I can't promise everyone a space unfortunately because I don't want to end up with a huge group.

That said if nobody else applies you get a place by default. I do like what I have seen so far though.

Trektek Trektek Theo713 Theo713 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread

If you were to be accepted what would you like as your starters? The idea would be that the accepted characters won a contest to get a Pokémon from Oak. Really, any three stage Pokémon would be available. Just no mythical or legendary.

Most of my favorites are two-stagers though, alolan vulpix, joltik, inkay, swablu and pancham. But if we can only get three-stagers then I will choose mareep.

Most of my favorites are two-stagers though, alolan vulpix, joltik, inkay, swablu and pancham. But if we can only get three-stagers then I will choose mareep.
Well once I've chosen the people participating I'll give everyone a chance to list the Pokémon they most want. It's just the starters need to be three to keep in line with the series.

For example I really want Noivern and Corviknight but the starter will be something else.

CaptainSully CaptainSully Gible if I can, Sandile if I can't please and thank you :)

Name: Spencer Bowman

Goal: Trainer

Personality: Spencer is a very down to Earth, albeit pessimistic, person. He does not hate the world, but he isn't a fan of the hand he was dealt in life. It's in his nature to help others if he can, but that doesn't mean he's a fan of doing it, often weighing the ups and downs of any given situation to determine if anything in is his best interest. Spencer is somewhat disinterested in other people, after years of having seen almost nothing but the nasty side of the wealthy 1%. Though distrusting of others, he is loyal to a fault until given a reason to no longer be. Although he prefers to be a sarcastic asshole to people, his demeanor changes entirely when pokemon are involved. He loves all of Arceus' creations and will make sure any pokemon he comes across is well taken care of, even if it means he has to go without.

Backstory: Born and raised in Lumiose City, Spencer lead a relatively average childhood. He had friends, a family, anything and everything a growing boy needed to lead a perfectly happy, normal life. The day he turned 14 he started putting in applications to all of the local restaurants. Restaurant Le Nah was the only one willing to offer him a job while still in school, and for 2 years that job was the only thing outside of going to school he ever had the attention span for. After graduation however he knew he needed to get a better paying job, ultimately ending up at Restaurant Le Wow. The base pay was much better, there were benefits, and was just an all around improvement over what Le Nah could offer him. Or so he thought. The customer base, while mostly rich aristocrats, were some of the most nasty, rude, hateful, mean group of human beings he had ever had the displeasure of serving. A job was a job sure, but there was a limit as to how much he could take.

It quickly became apparent to him that comparing Le Wow to Le Nah was like comparing night and day. Le Nah allowed him to keep his tips in addition to his base pay, where as at Le Wow if a customer battled you and you lost, the winnings came from your tips and base pay. On more than one occasion he ended up owing the restaurant money at the end of the day rather than walking away with money in his pocket. He hated the job, and those that he had to serve, but what was he to do?

Before he realized it he was 21 and hated even the thought of getting out of bed. Something had to change. And change it did when he went in to work that day. A Sandile owned by the restaurant was up to his usual tricks, playing pranks on customers by being unnecessarily underfoot and causing general mischief. In his rush to deliver a plate to a too hot to trot uppity thot at table 3 Spencer did not see the mischievous Sandile and inadvertently stepped full force on to the back of the pokemon. The Sandile understandably was surprised by the sudden weight on its back and immediately tried moving to get out from underneath the weight, inadvertently launching Spencer face forward towards table 3 and the plate of food landing on the customer. Between threats of violence and suing the restaurant the customer demanded Spencer be fired immediately, something his manager was all too happy to accommodate. Anything to keep the lawyers out of it.

Suddenly finding himself without a job and his name no doubt at the top of the proverbial “Black List” Spencer realized he had a choice to make: Find another job somewhere in Lumiose, a job he wasn't even sure would hire him, or join the troves of other people who seek to claim the title of “Champion.” What was it Quark said in that one episode of Staryu Trek?? “The bigger the risk, the bigger the win! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!”

Last edited:
CaptainSully CaptainSully Sweeeet :) I'll make a cs up later today. Im about to go to bed right now lol.
No problem.

I'm going to look at Friday for CS submission deadline. After that I'll send out the complete version to those accepted. There won't be a massive amount to add, just the usual filler stuff like appearance, likes/dislikes etc.

I'm interested. Could a character go from a Pokèmon's POV?

Name: Danielle Tenner
Goal: Although Danielle likes to show off her smarts, she doesnt exactly know what she wants to be. Part of her wants to go into field research, but another part of her wants to break away from what she has been around all of her life and see if there is anything else she could be good at.
Personality:
  • Independent: Danielle is happy alone just as much as she is with others. She prefers to do things herself, but isnt afraid to ask for help.
  • Smart: Enjoys puzzles. Is adamant about stimulating her brain every day. Loves learning.
  • Curious: Loves to learn about new things. Will occasionally go off to study pokemon she has never seen before, and can talk for hours about new things she discovers.
  • Hyper focuses: Once Danielle becomes absorbed with something, she forgets about almost anything else, sometimes even forcing herself to stay up.
  • High Horse: Danielle will occasionally forget her manners and seem to have a superiority complex. This happens especially when she wins battles or solves a particularly hard puzzle.
Backstory: Danielle grew up in Castelia City in Unova. Her mother was a pokemon researcher and her father worked in a pokemon center along with nurse Joy, so needless to say this little girl had grown up around a LOT of different pokemon. She had 3 little brothers, two of which were twins, and an older sister. Instead of being competitive physically, they were all very competitive mentally.

Once they became old enough, their mother would take them around the lab she worked at when it was closed to show them what she worked on and what they studied there. Danielle became obsessed with learning everything she could about pokemon and being as smart as her mom. She made sure her brothers and sisters never knew as much as her.

Name: Nova Beckham

Goal: Archaeologist/historical scientist - Nova aspires to know everything about the lore of the land, how the world began, ancient civilizations and their interactions of Pokemon, even recent history like discoveries of the regions. She dreams of meeting Pokemon that are ancient, born long before any advanced human civilization.

Personality: Nova has a strong love of history and stories in general. Most of her young life was spent reading books, making her a bit socially awkward. She can come off as obnoxious, cold, or a bit harsh, but that's just because she has no clue how to properly talk to people. When other people are struggling, however, she's usually the first to help them out, be it with a task or in a dire situation. She's extremely loyal to the few friends she does have, and absolutely loves Pokemon, to the point where she actually prefers to be around Pokemon rather than humans. You can always rely on Nova to tell you like it is, and she definitely won't pull her punches verbally or in fights. Protective and supportive, she can be your best friend once you manage to get past her awkward and nervous exterior.

Backstory: Being the only child of two loving parents, it's hard to imagine her as anything but a pampered and spoiled only child. She lived in a large condo, in the city of Hearthome for a majority of her years, but in order for her parents to afford such luxuries such as her schooling, the house, and all the nice appliances within it, they often had to work odd hours and two jobs. Nova would often come home from school, letting herself in and making herself dinner, doing school work and going to bed with her parents still out. She'd wake up and her parents would have already left for their jobs in the morning. To fill the lonely hours of her life, she'd often read or entertain school friends for study sessions. When that got boring, she'd take to the city streets, staying out well past sunset. Concerned for their daughter's safety, as well as recent layoffs making maintaining the condo difficult, her parents sold their house and moved to Kanto, taking Nova with them. She finished school in Kanto and went to college at the Oak Institute, now without friends and without a reason to not go face first into all of her books.

DEADLINE REACHED!

I will be accepting no more applications. I will begin going through the posted characters and will make a decision on who will be accepted. Apologies in advance for not being able to select everyone.

On a side note...

TRAINER LICENSE Leo Sullivan

Full Name: Leo Sullivan
Birthplace: Pallet Town, Kanto
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 215lbs
Goal: Pokemon Trainer

Metal Music
Sport​

Dislikes
Vegetables
Pop Music
Bullies​

Personality
There really isn't much to him.​

Backstory
He was born, has done stuff and now just wants to do other things.​

The above is not my actual CS, but the template is. It isn't quite finished but you can at least see what I was doing with it. When I get the final CS sheets back off people I will be transferring them to these so each person will have a trainer card, just something a little different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back