• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokémon Legends: Journey to the League

Kumii

Hydro Dragon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey! So this is my attempt at a Pokémon universe roleplay.

Here's my idea;

This will be a new region, new champion, new league, new trainers however same old Pokémon.
Welcome to the Corsica Region. A semi tropical region where you can find all kinds of Pokémon. Home to the Corsica League, you are a new trainer starting their journey to become the region's new champion. It's your job to catch, train and befriend all kinds of Pokémon, refining your team or you can choose to only train a specific type of Pokémon. The Pokémon world is yours to explore.

Basically, this will be a semi-open, semi- story driven Roleplay. If you're interested, please let me know! The details are still being thought out but hopefully it'll attract some attention! Thanks for your time!

I might be interested, but I have a lot of RPs pending and I don't want to over book myself on too many. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Hey! So this is my attempt at a Pokémon universe roleplay.

Here's my idea;

This will be a new region, new champion, new league, new trainers however same old Pokémon.
Welcome to the Corsica Region. A semi tropical region where you can find all kinds of Pokémon. Home to the Corsica League, you are a new trainer starting their journey to become the region's new champion. It's your job to catch, train and befriend all kinds of Pokémon, refining your team or you can choose to only train a specific type of Pokémon. The Pokémon world is yours to explore.

Basically, this will be a semi-open, semi- story driven Roleplay. If you're interested, please let me know! The details are still being thought out but hopefully it'll attract some attention! Thanks for your time!
I was wondering if you'd be willing to allow players into positions as gym leaders and similar? I can understand if not, but I could also see that add a lot more life and color to a region.

I was wondering if you'd be willing to allow players into positions as gym leaders and similar? I can understand if not, but I could also see that add a lot more life and color to a region.
I would. Actually, I was planning on making one of my characters the Champion, so it'd be kinda unfair not allow others to be Gym Leaders or Elite 4 members

I would. Actually, I was planning on making one of my characters the Champion, so it'd be kinda unfair not allow others to be Gym Leaders or Elite 4 members
I would absolutely love to be the ghost gym leader then, since that is what my favorite pokemon OC is anyways. :3

I even edited together a gym leader challenge screen and all that.

I would absolutely love to be the ghost gym leader then, since that is what my favorite pokemon OC is anyways. :3

I even edited together a gym leader challenge screen and all that.
Wow, going all out with that idea. I absolutely love that lol

Lemme guess, is your ace a Gengar/Dusknoir :P

Ahhh an underused ghost-type, i like it. Never used Banette in any of my runs sadly :c
Its an outlier in terms of viability, but simply my favorite pokemon. That is why it had to be present.
She is a tough nut to crack and her team represents that. Banette, Frosslass, Aegislash, Dusknoir, Chandelure, Mismagius. Ghost comes with obvious weaknesses, but this team manages to capitalize a lot on the strength without using pokemon I found unlikely for a gym leader to have, such as Kryppuk. Most of them are good sweepers, which represents her fighting style very well.

Its an outlier in terms of viability, but simply my favorite pokemon. That is why it had to be present.
She is a tough nut to crack and her team represents that. Banette, Frosslass, Aegislash, Dusknoir, Chandelure, Mismagius. Ghost comes with obvious weaknesses, but this team manages to capitalize a lot on the strength without using pokemon I found unlikely for a gym leader to have, such as Kryppuk. Most of them are good sweepers, which represents her fighting style very well.
Hmm so you think she would be the 7th or 8th gym ranked then?

Hmm so you think she would be the 7th or 8th gym ranked then?
8th would work best really. The team is quite strong, i even doubt she would use all of them in gym battles, keep some for all out battles like in the duel tower equivalent of the region.

Her personality is also very well fitting for an 8th leader. She has a Volkner type of deal, where she gets to fight a lot less and a lot less interesting opponents after becoming a leader. Players could potentially respark her love for battles.

8th would work best really. The team is quite strong, i even doubt she would use all of them in gym battles, keep some for all out battles like in the duel tower equivalent of the region.

Her personality is also very well fitting for an 8th leader. She has a Volkner type of deal, where she gets to fight a lot less and a lot less interesting opponents after becoming a leader. Players could potentially respark her love for battles.
Sounds good. I look forward to seeing that. Just need more interest now lol

Mhm! I am also hoping this will gather some interest! If you need any help with setup though, lemme know, i love to make myself useful.
Will definitely want help setting up. I have a bit to think of. City names, Pokémon restrictions etc.

Hi there, this seems kind of chill, so despite the current lack of detail I'd like to join. What sort of landscape were you thinking of for the region? Also, since it's titled "Pokemon Legends", would it function similar to the Legends Arceus game or is the name just a name?

Hi there, this seems kind of chill, so despite the current lack of detail I'd like to join. What sort of landscape were you thinking of for the region? Also, since it's titled "Pokemon Legends", would it function similar to the Legends Arceus game or is the name just a name?
Here is my interpretation of things, that might be totally off:
-i think it's very much a modern era pokemon like in the main series, due to the existence of elite four, champs and gyms.
-it says semi-tropical. I presume it would be something akin to Alola, though not quite as tropical. The region name of Corsica might also be an indication of the general climate and geology of the setting, but maybe that is just coincidence.

I think I’d be interested, I do have a question though because the character I’ve got in mind is a trainer. Are you keeping the first Pokémon that people can have to starters or are other first forms okay? For my character I had in mind a ponyta for example.

I think I’d be interested, I do have a question though because the character I’ve got in mind is a trainer. Are you keeping the first Pokémon that people can have to starters or are other first forms okay? For my character I had in mind a ponyta for example.
Any base form/no evolution (excluding legendary and mythical Pokémon) 100% okay as starters. Sidenote; Any pokemon from the Hisui region are not allowed. Because that is in the past, it would be kinda difficult to explain and I just wanna avoid that headache.

The name is sadly just a name. Unforunately Pokémon from the Hisui region will not be allowed simply because I dont want the head ache to explain how Pokémon from the past are able to be in the modern day.

But other then that, Floof is 100% on the mark with their explanation.

Here's some more details for you all;

"The Corsica Region is a fairly tropical yet dry area of the planet. Chock full of different species thanks to its various climates from clear, sandy beaches to the winter wonderlands of the northern mountains. It sits comfortably between the Alola region and the mainland and the seemingly peaceful atmosphere of this paradise is home to something a little darker then it lets on, but I wonder what that could be... only time will tell.

For now though, you will soon begin your wonderful journey through the world of Pokémon."

This Roleplay will follow the basic rules of Pokémon;
1. You are allowed only 6 Pokémon on your team.
2. Only 4 moves in a Pokémon's move set.
3. Stats are not determined as numbers, but instead treated as how you trained a specific move, if you did speed training etc. You will battle at your own discretion but if I feel a battle is going on too long, I will intervene and ask that you wrap it up.
4. Pokémon battles will be done in real time. Meaning there will be no turn based action, your trainer should call out what your Pokémon should do. You will be the the judge of if your Pokémon will be unable to battle. In short, be realistic about your battling. Super effective moves are still treated as such.
5. Lastly... I hope you have fun. I don't want this be competitive in the normal sense at all. You can train your Pokémon but for the purposes of fairness, there will be no 'perfect move set'. All attacks can do damage regardless of the user's attacking stats.

That being said, the overall take away is that this is suppose to fun, not competitive. I will attempt to get the character sheet up shortly. For those interested, I will ping you when I get it up! Thanks for the patience.

The character thread is up!
Yahhah Yahhah Aes_Dragon Aes_Dragon CyberJackal CyberJackal
(If you do not wish to join, then simply do nothing. Otherwise, here's the link to start on a character. This is also still accepting so anyone else can go ahead and head over to the thread.)

Potentially interested. Will you be taking on a role as GM for the players and controlling events/npcs, or...? Kumii Kumii
For the most part I will, yeah, mostly for story events and NPCS as you said. But everyone will have full control over what they do otherwise.

For the most part I will, yeah, mostly for story events and NPCS as you said. But everyone will have full control over what they do otherwise.
Alright. I'll probably wait a bit to see what characters others make before deciding if I'll play a new Trainer or a more experienced one.

The name is sadly just a name. Unforunately Pokémon from the Hisui region will not be allowed simply because I dont want the head ache to explain how Pokémon from the past are able to be in the modern day.

But other then that, Floof is 100% on the mark with their explanation.
On this note I assume other regional forms are also not allowed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back