• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Kanto Expedition ((CLOSED))

M Class

Dancing Through Life
You are about to embark on the journey of a lifetime. As a new trainer your story may develop in any number of ways. Search and explore the marvelous region of Kanto, home to a vast variety of pokemon. Challenge other trainers, earn badges and work together with people and pokemon to create a better world. Excitement and uncertainty await but with your friends and pokemon by your side nothing can stop you from reaching your dreams.

ZeiruliousMakavar ZeiruliousMakavar PinkUnicorn PinkUnicorn

Last edited:
From his farm house near the edge of Pallet Town Jace Daymon sat watching a small flock of pidgey soar across the dark sky. The air outside his cracked window was crisp and fresh. The soft glow of the moonlight pours in through his blinds. From an early age Jace had been fond of living at the edge of town. Starting tomorrow he imagined he would experience homesickness for the first time ever, though he felt certain that his journey would keep those feelings of longing at bay. As the pidgey flew out of sight he hoped that he could keep his emotions from overflowing during his adventure.

A gentle nuzzle between his ankles drew his attention away from from his worries. He grined and reached down to scratch behind the ears of his soon to be battle and travel companion. Often times Snow was more in tune with his needs than Jace himself, especially those of the emotional variety. His pet meowth sprung from the floor to his bed in one powerful leap, landing on all fours and purring softly, beckoning Jace to lay down and rest.

A glance to his digital wall clock tells him that it's just past midnight. "Okay girl, you're right, if we stay up any later we won't be alert for our meeting at the laboratory in the morning." Their appointment would entail a routine check up of his beloved Snow, including an assessment of her reflexes, senses, skills and learn set. His portion of the meeting would involve a brief test in order to ensure he has the proper knowledge to obtain a trainer id and to venture off into the world. All of these thoughts of testing and training made him grow weak enough to fall asleep as soon as he hit the pillow and Show scooted between his knees.

Oak Laboratory had Jace entranced. He was blown away by all the corridors devoted to any number of sciences that he couldn't begin to understand. He could only imagine how busy the professor must be on a daily basis, and for this reason, Jace assumed, he was being led room to room not by the Professor Oak but by one of his many aides. The middle age woman named Janice was polite and efficient, wasteing no time during their trip, whisking him briskly between each station and informing him of all the details he'd need to know today.

Jace and Snow both passed their exams. His reward was a shiny new trainer ID card allowing him to officially capture pokemon and compete in competitions all across Kanto. He was now on his way to finally meet Professor Oak and receive the coveted pokedex, a tool for measuring the abilities of his pokemon and syncing that date directly to Oak Labs. He was just getting caught up in thoughts of how the research of the scientists could help him reach his goals of forming deep bonds with all pokemon when Janice threw a shocking surprise at him.

"Now, now pay attention. I understand the distractions of becoming a new trainer but you must never be distracted out in the real world. This situation is surely is real enough to pay attention to. As I was saying the professor is waiting just through these doors, but he isn't the only one. Due to your agreement to use the pokedex and assist the laboratory, Professor Oak has partnered you with two other beginning trainers. Both young ladies are with the professor in his private lab. I suggest you take a moment to compose your thoughts. Please don't make them wait too long." And just as quickly as his tour had begun it seemed to have ended as Janice hurried away.

Jace turned to the doors taking in a deep breath. He was excited to not be making this journey alone. Especially because he wasn't sure where his journey was going to take him or even the ultimate finish line. Maybe be and these girls could help each other in a world they wouldn't have the no experience with. He let out his breath and turned the knobs of the double doors made ironically of oak wood. Not knowing what to expect he plunged into the light oc the office, smile plastered on his face and Snow striding confidently at his feet.

Anastasia and her Jigglypuff walked in unison beside each other, Anastasia had just recieved a shiny new Pokemon from the professed, and she was delighted to be starting this journey she had been dreaming for as long as she could remember. She had just left the professors laboratory and now it was out the real world. How could she be prepared? Anastasia never knew how to prepare herself mentally and physically but now she would have to determine this herself.

Jace opened the doors to the outside and watched as a girl around his age walked away from the lab and towards route 1. At he side followed an adorable pink pokemon. Jace wasn't familiar with it so he pulled out his gleaming red pokedex to obtain it's stats.

"Jigglypuff, a Balloon Pokémon. It has large friendly eyes and it sings a pleasant song. It hugely inflates its stomach and sings a mysterious melody. Jigglypuff's vocal chords can freely adjust the wavelength of its voice. This Pokémon uses this ability to sing at precisely the right wavelength to make its foes most drowsy."

Chase had never encountered this Pokemon before and though Snow had little fighting experience he knew that he wanted to battle a creature with such remarkable powers. After all, that's the first thing every newbie should do before going into the wild. This girl with her jigglypuff must also be a beginning trainer which meant that he and his meowth stood a chance at winning in a battle.

He rushed to catch up to the tall blonde haired girl, calling out to her from a distance. "Hey! Trainer! What's your rush? How about you and I have a pokemon battle?!" Snow leaped from his shoulders to the ground and let out a fierce growl. "My names Jace and this is Snow. When a meowth's neck hairs shoot up like that it means they're ready for anything!"

Maeve Chion sighed softly as she stretched a bit, getting up. As she did, she glanced at the clock, as her eevee curled around in her lap. "Oh god!" she yelped, jumping out of bed, as she rushed to get dressed. "I'm late!" She yelped, which caused her eevee to grumble in anger having been woken up when she jumped out of bed. "Sorry..." She said, patting him on the head, as she rushed to the kitchen, grabbing a bit of food. "I'll be back grandma!" She said, yelling to her grandmother, as her evvee curled around her shoulders, as her grandmother waved goodbye, from the kitchen.

Maeve sighed softly as she slowly began walking towards the professor's lab. She had over heard a few of the other kids a few days ago talking about some weird new device that he was going to be giving out that day, which only made her rush quicker to his lab, wondering what the device would be.

Anastasia turned around when she saw a trainer approach her, a very similar age. "Hey Jace, I'm Anastasia" she replies fondly, her Jigglypuff standing by her side and rubbing affectionately on the side of Anastasia's leg. "Sure I would, but this one has never battled before!" She adds, referring to her Jigglypuff.

"My meowth has never battled either. If you like we can look up their moves in the pokedex." Jace held out the device for Anastasia to see. "If you don't have one you can get it from Professor Oak before leaving town."

Jace started to look up the entry for Snow. It instantly displayed a range of meowth's stats, showing him that while his was smaller in size she was also faster than most. Her strongest sense was smell being twice as keen as a human. She also had incredible vision in extremely low light and night time.

He looked back to Anastasia and said, "Snow here only knows two attacks. Scratch and growl." That's when he notice another girl coming in their direction, an eevee drapped on her shoulder. "Hello trainer! My name is Jace. I was just hoping to have my first battle!"

"I got a pokedex from the professor too!" Anastasia replies brightly, before searching Jigglypuff up on the pokedex, at this moment Jigglypuff only knew tackle and leer. "Same here, Jigglypuff only knows tackle and leer, so we are pretty much even attacking and defence wise" she replies brightly before looking at the other trainer with a smile, "I'm Anastasia, nice to meet you"

"Hmmm maybe if our pokemon are not strong, it would be better to wait to have our battle. If we had a battle now it will pretty much be a stalemate. "Well that means we have to go find wild pokemon! Shall we hit the trail?" Jace was geared up and ready for action!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back