• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon Journey

Characters
Here

JCKane

Blessed
Sign-Ups: Fandom - Pokemon Journey RP

---

Welcome to the world of Pokemon, where adventures and new friendships await. Here you will be traveling across the different regions of the Pokemon world while meeting various challenges across the way. The journey will begin in Kanto where those who wish to take part in the Gym Challenge must head to Palette Town to speak with Professor Oak. Of course, the Kanto Region shares it's Pokemon League with Johto, creating the Indigo League. Who ever manages to become champion of the league will have not only gain the title of Champion but can also affect how the league operates. The money that comes along with being Champion is also a nice insensitive too. Of Course, the primary way trainer's make their money by battling other trainers and getting money from the losing opponent.

Now, it's time to begin as new Trainer's arrive at Professor Oak's lab to begin their Pokemon Journey in Kanto.

---

It was around the afternoon when one JC Kane had just arrived in Palette Town. JC had long red hair and her attire considered of jeans, red opened shirt over a black sports bra, Black fingerless gloves, and a red hat with the letters JC written on it. At first glance, it was hard to even tell she was carrying much with her as she had a small black fanny pack that didn't look like it carried much. But JC just prefered to not carry too much as inside the pack one would find two Full Restores, her Badge case, a few Oran berries, and a bottle of a nutritious drink for herself. On the outside you'd fine a single Pokeball on one side of the pack and a long black cylinder object which one would recognize as the latest model of a Town Map. It was this town map that she took out and opened it by pulling the cylinder tube apart revealing a screen that stretched out before her. She was checking it to find out where the Professor's Lab was located. Once she got her bearings she replaced the Town Map to her belt and made her way to the Professor's house.

Last edited:
The sun was high into the sky as Luna reached a small town called Pallet Town. The small girl was very excited to have finally found this place, but the next challenge would be finding the professor's lab. Luna currently wore a thin flower print sweater that was tucked into her black knee high leggings, a white overall dress, a belt that carried her other two pokémon's pokéballs, along with white hightops decorated with different colourful cartoon pokémons.

Along with her outfit she had a decent sized light brown side bag which she used to carry her items. Currently in her bag she had a ten super potions, five revives, and three full restores. Along with a badge case and pokédex. In a smaller side pocket she carried a small supply of pokébeans along with three empty pokéballs.

Luna walked into town followed by her best friend and companion, a fomantis named Manny. The small pokémon always traveled beside his partner. However, he was always one to wander off should he see something that catches his eye, be it food, plants, or even other pokémon at times. The little rascal was always a headache to find but Luna couldn't bring herself to always carry him in his pokéball. It just wouldn't seem right.

The two continued to wander around the town, and seeing as they didn't have a map of the town they had to resort to asking a few of the locals for directions. After getting their directions Luna began making her way towards the lab now carrying Manny with her so he doesn't get sidetrack and end up wasting time by wandering off.

Drew walked around the outskirts of pallet town. After the four day trip from Vermillion to here he was a bit beat.
He checked his bag. There where a few potions and revives, a map, and six pokeballs. While four where blank one had the name Poli etched into it and the other had Tess etched into it.
"So Tess are you hungry?" He asked his friend and partner ralts who was currently sitting on his shoulders with her arms around his neck. She gave a satisfied cry which he always takes as a yes. He nodded "After we find the professor we'll get something to eat. What do you want?"
"Ralts (Ice cream)" Tess said.

Drew rolled his eyes. "If you keep eating that stuff you're going to get fat."

Tess's eyes glowed blue as she slammed Drew against a wall. Telling him she thought of that awnser.
After a good while wondering around he made it to the Pokemon lab. He saw a couple other people there and waved his hand at them

A few different people seemed to be amassing outside of Oak's Pokemon Lab, as JC arrived as well. It seemed one of the assistance was standing outside the door not letting anyone inside just yet.

"There's been an.... incident," the assistant remarked any of the trainer's who inquired on what was going on, "You'll just need to wait a moment until we get it all sorted out."

JC was curious as to just what kind of incident her could be refering too, but knew there probably wasn't much he'd be willing to share. So instead she looked around at the others there and happened to notice one of them approaching giving off a friendly wave. She gives a slight nod to him.

Wa28at8.png
CHARACTER: Silas | LOCATION: Pallet Town | INTERACTIONS: General - Nonspecific.

A Kalos native wandering about the beloved, infamous region of Kanto. He'd only been present for about a week after a rather rough boat trip, but Silas could understand why those from the area held it in such high regards. Everywhere he looked, the people were as diverse and enthusiastic as the Pokemon beside them. Even now, while sitting in the grass right outside of Pallet Town, it brought a smile to his face every time someone passed him by. He finished off his latest sketch of a Pidgey, promising himself to make it into a proper diagram when he had a little more time. He pulled some treats out of his bag and tossed one to his unwitting model, grinning as the Pidgey happily ate at them and slipping around the wild Pokemon to finally make his toward towards the entrance of the small town.

At his feet, a wary Absol trotted along beside him, regarding the others around him with suspicion unlike its trainer's enthusiasm. Silas spared his partner a glance, all too amused to see just how uncomfortable the usual confident Absol was. "Aw, Spade. Relax." He said, waving a dismissive hand. "This is like... The place where everything begins here. This is probably the safest spot around here besides a Pokemon Center." He explained though it was more him reciting information for himself than really trying to ease Absol's anxieties.

Or, better put. He was desperately trying to procrastinate before walking into the Pokemon Lab. How had his mother even coaxed him into dropping by? Well. If nothing else he could benefit from first-hand information on the Pokemon inherently native to Kanto.

Heaving out a sigh, Silas walked over to the Pokemon Lab, his head tilting curiously when he noticed the group gathered by the entrance. He managed to catch the tail-end of the assistant's explanation and although curious for more information, opted for politeness instead. At least towards the laboratory staff. "Ah, busy day around here huh?" He commented after settling at the back of the group. His arms were crossed behind his head as he looked around at everyone, his lips pursed. "Didn't realize there was a gathering. Must've missed the memo." As 'friendly' as he was, the Absol sitting beside him just seemed annoyed.

Last edited:
Luna began jogging up to the lab as her Fomantis squealed happily in her arms as the two drew closer to the lab. Luna came to a quick stop seeing the group that surrounded the lab. "That's quite the crowd. Right Manny?" She asked looking down at him as he responded with another squeal followed by a nod. "I wonder why everyone is waiting out here." She asked outloud as she looked through the crowd while walking closer before spotting an assistant standing by the door mentioning an incident.

This caught Luna's interest, but seeing as the assistant didn't seem to be giving out too much info she assumed that she wouldn't gain anything by trying to ask. Luna made her way to the back of the crowd wanting to be able to breath a little. Once she was out of the mass of people she sat Manny on the ground and crouched in front of him before rubbing the top of his head. Noticing that he was a bit tense from the crowd Luna decided to let him do his own thing for awhile. "I'll let you walk around just this once okay? Don't run off too far okay?" The Fomantis gave a happy squeal and ran around Luna.

Luna laughed at her little friend and stood up as Manny began walking off to look at the many different people and their pokémons. Luna followed behind him making sure not to lose track of him along with just generally being curious of the different people and pokémon herself.

Bloody_Death Bloody_Death

JC was waiting patiently along with the others, her curiosity on what could have happened inside the lab growing. Various different thoughts went through her mind as she waited. Her mind continued like that until she caught sight of what could of been a Fomantis. She had primarily seen one in a book she had been browsing through about the different Pokemon that could be found in the Alola region when she thought about talking with her mother about them heading there for a vacation. Ofcourse, she never could talk her mother into the Alola vacation but she did find out some information about the region, if she was ever able to visit it.

Nonetheless, JC looked over at the Fomantis that seemed to be looking at the other trainer's and their Pokemon. JC gave a slight smile as the fomantis got closer to her, and it was at this point she noticed what JC presumed was it's trainer following the Pokemon around.

"That your Fomantis?" JC asked the girl when she was within earshot.

Luna perked up a bit hearing someone talk about her Fomantis and looked to see a girl with long red hair and very casual atire. She quickly flashed a smile and nodded as she walked up to her. Manny was already standing right in of her looking up at the stranger making little happy squeals.

"Yup! This little guy is mine. His name is Manny and my name is Luna!" She spoke with a little hum as she picked him up so he could at least be a bit closer to the girl's eye level. "Have you been to the Alola region before?" She asked curiously while Manny waved to the stranger. Usually she didn't meet many people who knew what a Fomantis was, besides the professors and people who've been to Alola. And saying the girl didn't look like a professor she had to only assume.

JCKane JCKane

JC watched as the other trainer approached and introduced the two of them. Manny the Fomatis with the trainer's name being Luna. She smiled and waved when Manny waved at her she then looked up at Luna to address her question.

"I wish," JC admited, "Was looking into going there for a vacation with my family... didn't turn out. But I was looking into a few of the different Pokemon species that lived over there. But, seeing how you have one, you from Alola? Is it true they don't actually have gyms over there?"

Luna nodded a bit sadly saying she's actually never went there, but quickly smiled hearing about Alola's badge system. It was something she liked to talk about. Especially since Alola was the only region that had that type of system.

"Not from Alola I was actually born in the Sinnoh region, but I have visited Alola for a few weeks. And yes! That is true. I've never seen one myself but I heard a lot about it from locals. Apparently they have like some sort of trial. You don't actually fight the leaders of the trials but rather totem pokémon or boss pokémon." She explained trying to remember as many details about the island trials.

"You also don't get badges for completing trials. I heard they give out crystals that are supposed to power up your pokémon instead. I've never used one myself sadly." She said with a bit of a sigh. "Anyway how about you?" She asked saying that Luna herself has done a lot of talking.

JC nodded as there were a few of those things she mentioned in the book she read. Granted it didn't really go into much detail on what the trial's consisted of. Nonetheless she gives a nod.

"Well, My family is constantly traveling from region to region, I'm not even sure what region I was born in," JC replied with a slight chuckle, "Never really thought to ask either. My mother's currently in Hoenn right now along with my little sister."

Luna's eyes lit up hearing that she and her family seemed to travel a lot like her own family. "Woah really? That's actually a lot like my family. We traveled a lot too though I did ask about where I was born at. Just so I can have an answer to the 'where are you from' questions." She said with a little laugh.

"My family is actually kinda split up. My parents should still be in Kalos. My older sister is in Unova and my older brother is in Alola." She said hoping they're actually still in the regions she's last seen them in. "So...what's your name?" She said with an awkward laugh saying she didn't ask this first.

JCKane JCKane

JC nods hearing about this trainer's family. Curiosity was getting to her before she was asked about her own name. The awkward laugh actually made her laugh as well.

"Geeze, I guess I forgot to tell you it when you told me yours," She said with a chuckle, "But I'm JC. I'm here to take on the Indigo League... though, you're here for that too I take it? Or was your, Manny was it? Just curious about all the people gathered here?"

Luna smiled as the girl introduced herself as JC and then asked about why they came here.

"Well it's nice to meet you JC. And yeah! I came to try and take on the Indigo league too. But Manny, along with myself, was also curious about the little party happening over here." Luna let a small grin creep on her face as Manny squealed before nodding in agreement.

JCKane JCKane

"Ah, well I assume these guys are all here to get in to register for the league," JC said in reply to Luna's question, "Not sure exactly what's going on inside... they said something about an incident but didn't really go into much details other than that."

JC's curiosity shifted back to the assistant who was standing in front of the Lab. It didn't seem like it was time to head inside yet. Which just increased her curiosity as to what exactly was happening inside.

Luna nodded at JC as she glanced to the crowd of people still standing outside the lab, and who knows if even more people are bound to show up. "Well...hopefully it isn't something too bad. Maybe some of their pokémon are running around making a mess or something."

She didn't want to think too negatively on the manner, but saying they're not saying what's happening makes it seem like it's something really bad. Luna looked past the people and towards the front door of the lab trying to think of other things that can be considered bad enough to make them keep people out.

JCKane JCKane

"Could be a new Pokemon their studying," JC said, "Maybe a little dangerous? Otherwise, I can't think of what it'd be..."

Which was the truth. Unless there was some kind of Pokemon battling going on in there, a dangerous Pokemon was the only reason she could think of as to why they'd not let them in. Considering some of them there wasn't exactly new at Pokemon Battling, at least that's what she assumed as she seen the others around them.

"We could possibly offer to help?" JC suggested, "Maybe it could help it along."

Issac was wandering around Palette Town taking the sights and people of the quaint little town as Shade was following behind him, using his illusions to make it appear as if his trainer was alone. “Well I think that’s enough wandering about for now. What say we get to the lab and then we can poke around a bit more when we’re done.” He heard a nothing snarl of approval and headed out to look for the lab.

It took a few minutes but Issac eventually managed to find the lab after asking a few locals about it, he wasn’t expecting the crowd when he arrived. “That’s quite a few people, wonder if something happened in the lab?” He asked aloud wondering if the lab assistant stationed at the front would know anything, though thinking on it a bit realized he probably wouldn’t get any information even if he asked nicely. It was then he overheard two girls talking about if the reason everybody was stuck outside was if there was a Pokémon causing trouble inside. “It might be a possibility, but you think you’d hear something by now.” He mumbled out as he moved over to sit by a tree close to where he was standing earlier and started to lay his bag down when a couple of high pitched beeps caught his attention. The black haired boy then unclipped a small grey rectangle shaped device with a vertical slit and pulled gently until it opened along the slit to reveal a lot screen, and the moment he looked at lit a groan escaped his lips. “Figures I would forget about leaving bait at a Pokéspot before I left and just forgot about it.” He then heard Shade snicker from behind him, still using his illusion to make himself invisible. Issac just sighed and finally sat down beside the tree next to where he knew the illusion fox was and waited for a new development to come up.

Luna turned back to JC hearing her theory about what's happening before shrugging. "That could be it too. It actually does seem a bit more believable than my idea." She said as she rubbed the back of her head.

Luna expression turned a bit shocked when JC suggested they try and help. While she didn't disagree with the idea, it just wasn't something she thought about. "Um...sure! Maybe. Though if they won't even tell us what's happening would they allow people to help?" She asked as she tapped her foot on the ground.

JCKane JCKane

"Embarrassment?" JC suggested as Luna raised a good point, "...Maybe he doesn't want people to think less highly of him for not being able to handle whatever Pokemon it might be? Guess he's not really known as a battler, but still, couldn't hurt to ask anyways."

JC had made up her mind as she headed over through the different people there so she could get to the Professor's assistant she waited for Luna to catch up, if she was following before she called out to him.

"Hey," JC said to the assistant, "Anything we can do to help out?"

The assistant glanced over to them and shakes his head.

"We appreciate the offer, but everything's... under control," He said, "Shouldn't be too much longer now..." Then under his breath he said "...I hope."

Luna nodded and watched JC as she made her way through the crowd of people and towards the front. She glanced down at Manny and nodded at him as she pushed through the crowd and made her way towards JC and the assistant.

She finally caught up and waved to the assistant as JC called out to him. She stood beside the red head as she listed to the assistant decline their help causing a small frown on Luna's face before quickly shaking it off.

"Well hopefully you're right. If you change your mind though, the offer still stands." She said with a laugh along with Manny squealing in agreement.

JCKane JCKane

JC shrugs if off as well as it couldn't exactly be helped. She turned to Luna with a slight shrug, "So... guess we wait huh?" She said, "Just, I have a feeling it's going to be awhile... but what to do until then?"

She wondered not really sure. One thing she could do was battle but she glanced to Manny and didn't think it'd be much of a fair fight. Though it was possible she had other Pokemon.

"We can always have a battle," JC suggested allowed.

Wa28at8.png
CHARACTER: Silas | LOCATION: Pallet Town | INTERACTIONS: Issac ( Rapror Augustine Rapror Augustine )

'Tough crowd.' It was a quiet musing to himself, but before Silas could get lost in his thoughts a nudge from Absol had him returning to reality quickly enough. He narrowed his eyes at the Pokemon who simply gestured towards the others around him expectantly. The black-haired researcher threw his head back and heaved out a sigh, knowing that the Pokemon would simply keep bothering him until he stopped standing around. It wouldn't hurt to try and start up a conversation with anyone - he figured most of the people waiting around were trainers planning on tackling the League Challenge. The vicinity was practically ripe with potential sources of data ('Data.' Jeez, maybe it is a good thing he got out of the lab if that's how he saw people).

"Eh, may as well not overlook this opportunity." He said to himself. At first, he considered approaching the pair nearest to him - two girls who seemed to already be in the midst of trying to help the situation. Admirable, but it was considerably more effort than he was willing to put in when the only reason he was at the lab was to get a Pokedex update for the Kanto Region before he started his travels. Glancing around, he noticed someone else who seemed interesting enough, a male seated beneath a tree. Curiosity piqued, Silas turned on his heel and navigated through the small crowd forming until he'd finally escaped. Feeling considerably lighter now that he wasn't bumping shoulders with people ever five seconds, he took a brief moment to make sure Absol was keeping up with him before making his way over to where the other black-haired male was seated.

"Er, mind if we sit here? You have the best seat in the house when it comes to the heat and all." He asked, holding his hand above his eyes to shield them from the sun.

Luna nodded at JC with a sigh. She had no idea what they could really do while they waited. She thought about maybe going to see the rest of Pallet Town but then they would risk being late. She then hears JC's idea of a battle and quickly nodded.

"Sure! A battle sounds like an awesome way to use up some time. I currently only have three pokémon right now but I think that's more than enough pokémon for a quick battle." She responded excitedly as she pointed to her belt which held the pokémon balls for her Chespin and Aduino.

JCKane JCKane

JC smiled excited for the prospect of a battle at the idea and glad she had more Pokemon on her. She reached behind her to snag her only pokeball there as she holds it up.

"I only got one but he's a tough one," She said before glancing around her, "Well, let's step a way from the crowd, get a bit more space."

JC headed out of the crowd to a spot a little further away. Granted, they weren't that far in case what was going on in the Lab finished up. She waited for Luna to take her spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back