• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon GX (Reboot)

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
RycnR6svpBYdU7dti8CD03zBgiTh01mY9JWhHNnRa2Iny4avHlbbl4lNvWEC2Art-UgsV4gyqn_A6PK609LkGkQ5Z8FRMHycet5xW2I

Generation X
The Setting
The Pokemon Journey is a thing of the past. 10-year old kids given a pokedex, pokemon, and sent to journey on their own? Too dangerous. Pokemon are dangerous. Bad for the poke-ecosystem as well—with a bunch of kids running around trying to catch 50+ pokemon and all that. Therefore, to better regulate pokemon trainers and ensure relative aptitude/standards are met, the joint governments of most regions have decreed that only those who obtain Pokemon Training Licenses or PokeDex, either by enrolling into a PokeSchool or other means, are allowed to handle and/or catch pokemon. Everything else is considered poke-endangerment/poke-poaching and considered illegal. Gym Badges and League entries can also be obtained in PokeSchools that exist in every region. While journeyers can and do still exist, they’ve become a rare breed as many grow to prefer the convenience and safety of a ‘journey’ in a safe environment. Besides, traveling and further learning can be done after graduation when licenses are obtained should they desire.

This RP is the continuing of one I’ve made previously and will focus on the events of an elite Poke-Boarding School called RBY Institute for Pokemon Trainers (RBY Institute for short) just off the coast of the Kanto Region. One of the oldest PokeSchools in existence, the island offers an area of varying landscapes and a large biodiversity for students to study pokemon and practice their ‘journeying’ skills as they transverse the island to catch pokemon for homework, school projects, or simply because they want to =P Episode 2 will start with the opening ceremony after having settled in their respective dormitories. You can read Episode 1 if you want to get an idea of what the school is like, but it's not necessary as I'll go over what you need to know and there will likely be some changes.

Moltres Dormitory—The Moltres Dorm is a for pokemon trainers who want to specialize in battling with their pokemon. Those put into this dormitory desire to be future gym leaders, league champions, elite 4 members, etc. Bonding with pokemon to a Moltres Student means training, sweat, and battles that communicate a shared desire for victory between the pokemon and trainer. While the building itself is the smallest of the three dorms, with Spartan-like furnishings since most of its members put all their points into training their pokemon rather than upgrading the building itself, this dorm also boasts the most extensive grounds and many battle arenas to satiate the desire of their students. Surrounding it are many pokemon dojos, gyms, and physical training centers to strengthen their pokemon. Students in this dormitory tend to be the ones that want to be the very best that ever was.

Articuno Dormitory—The Articuno Dormitory is for pokemon trainers who want to specialize in pokemon beauty, artistry, and showmanship. Those put in this dormitory desire to be Top Coordinators, Pokemon Pageant Winners, Pokemon Stylists, et. Students in the Articuno dorm focus on aesthetics and looking for the combination of moves/talents that make their pokemon shine on stage…while looking good doing so. Of the three dorms, the Articuno Dormitory is the most extravagant with a castle-like building and various luxuries including dance studios, theaters, large kitchens, styling rooms, etc. In addition to regular classes, members of the Articuno dorm tend to take extracurriculars in music, dance, photography, drama, or whatever artistic interest they desire to pursue. Students in this dormitory tend to be diverse, colorful, and have a certain flair to them.

latest

Zapdos Dormitory—The Zapdos Dormitory is for pokemon trainers who value knowledge and want to uncover the mysteries of the pokemon world. Those put in this dormitory desire to be future pokemon researchers, professors, doctors, breeders, and even engineers. They desire to understand pokemon on a biological level to better care for them and boast some of the smartest students in RBY institute. Their building is the most high tech, has the largest library, and is near the main PokeLab of the island. Both the RBY Pokedex and the relative diversity of RBY Island’s poke-ecosystem is thanks to the efforts of those in the Zapdos Dormitory.

upload_2017-10-6_13-32-54-png.357792

Other Things You Need To Know
Episodes—This RP will take place in a series of episodes that reveal more about the school, the world, and/or individual plots that may or may not serve as fillers. The goal of each episode is to see it to its conclusion. Episode 1 was an Orientation where players were introduced to the dormitories and mechanics of the rp. As a gm, I aim to keep things exciting for players with events, tests, maybe a poke-sports day lol. That said, this rp is also a large part sandbox. While I do have a lot planned, I’m also hoping players will help contribute and build the school with me. Your character should not feel the need to follow plot unless you’re interested in it. Once you’ve been accepted as a cast for the episode, your character becomes one of the main characters so anything you write contributes to what is and will be the plot.

Starting Pokemon—to start with 1 pokemon you brought with you to RBY Island. All stage 1. No legendaries. They all have 3 hearts and roll a 1d6 for their dice.

PokePoints System—It’s the currency in the school both IC and OOC. Points are obtained with every post/activity your character does on RBY Island (1 point for 2 paragraphs, 2 points for 4 paragraphs, and 3 points for 6+ paragraphs—this may change depending on how the rp goes). I’ll keep track of the points you have so keep an eye on your character sheets lol. IC-wise Pokepoints are recorded in your pokedex and is proof of your rank as a pokemon trainer in RBY institute. From strengthening your pokemon, to evolving pokemon, to making your life on RBY island that much easier, many of the things gained on RBY Island are done so by spending PokePoints. Even passing to the next year requires a certain amount of Pokepoints (RBY Island has 6 years). PokePoints are acquired through doing homework, performing well on tests, participating in events, winning battles, winning tournaments, contests, etc. Even the amount of pokemon you’ve successfully caught denotes how skilled you are as trainer, but do not feel rushed to post if you can’t keep up lol. Everyone moves through the school as their own pace and I don’t intend to make this rp stressful. If for some reason the dice doesn’t love you or you can’t seem to win your battles and the game becomes less fun, I may handicap things a bit (since I’m a nice gm), but rping a loss can often times be very meaningful and I DO give bonuses for character development.

Pokemon Battles—It’s a dice roll, plain and simple. If you win, your opponent loses a heart. All hearts gone and the pokemon is knocked out. You can have your pokemon use whatever skills you think they should know, write out IC-wise whatever tactics or clever move combinations you want, but it only works when you win the dice roll. This is so players have a fair, impartial way of challenging each other while rping battles (If players want to decide for themselves/collab on how battles turn out between players they are free to do so without worrying about the dice--note, this does not apply to plot related events). Types matter. Advantageous types will cause 2 hearts to be lost instead of 1 and disadvantageous types will cause ½ heart loss. You can increase your chances of victory by strengthening your pokemon and modifying their dice from purchases made in the Pokeshop. I Might change the mechanics to include skills/tms and such when I introduce them to the pokeshop, but for now they don’t matter. Whoever wins the roll writes the results of the interaction, then rolls again. Your [Thunderbolt] could've cut through a [Hyperbeam] or your pokemon might’ve dodged it to [Sucker Punch] the other pokemon in the face lol. Idc. The winner decides.

Pokemon Catching—Rp your trainer searching for a pokemon while describing the area they search, how they search, etc and roll their dice (a 1d4). Even you find a pokemon, odd you don’t. You are free to do this at any time in the rp (unless you’re in classes or in a situation where searching is improbable). Just let me know. I will randomly generate a wild pokemon for you based on the description of your search area for you to battle (if you want). If you want to be creative you can try luring it with food or something, then roll your trainer’s dice against the wild pokemon’s dice and we’ll see what happens. Same battle rules apply. Winner decides/writes the results (unless they decide to forfeit it). Once you catch a pokemon, it joins your team and becomes yours to rp/control.

The Plot for Episode 2
The school year begins at RBY Institute starting with the Opening Ceremony and a bonfire feast to celebrate the start of another school year. It starts out well…until some pranksters decide they want to prank on a group of freshmen. Waking up in an unknown, misty forest with nothing but their pokemon, the clothes on their back, and a random(?) assortment of survival items all bundled together in a single, small pack, will they be able to make it back to the main school building before their classes start?

If you've read to the end and this still sounds like something you're willing to join, please let me know below. I'll make character sheets if I have enough interested players to make Episode 2 possible. Also, Lucem Lucem GasMaskie GasMaskie @OverconfidentMagi @Theo713 @clarinetti @Deadly Malice -- Feel free to ignore this if you're no longer interested, but just letting you know that because you guys participated in Episode 1, your characters can carry over to Episode 2 with whatever they gained in the last RP.

Last edited:
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel When you say any skill they should know does that mean what they learn as they level? Cus I was planning to have my pokemon learn some odd moves due to Poke research

I shall work on making a cs thread later today.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel When you say any skill they should know does that mean what they learn as they level? Cus I was planning to have my pokemon learn some odd moves due to Poke research

Any skills is fine. If you manage to teach your pidgey hyberbeam, I won't question it. The die is what matters.

Hello there! A Pokemon roleplay sounds amazing. Especially since I've gotten back into pokemon over the last year (gen 5 childhood wooo), this definitely piqued my interest! If there's still room, that is.

Hello there! A Pokemon roleplay sounds amazing. Especially since I've gotten back into pokemon over the last year (gen 5 childhood wooo), this definitely piqued my interest! If there's still room, that is.

There is. My carrying capacity has not been reached.

This sounds absolutely fantastic and I'd love to be in on this! Where should I apply? Do I simply post my character sheet to the appropriate thread, or would you rather I PM it to you for approval? I do also have a couple questions about some backstory stuff for my character, should that be PMed as well?

This sounds absolutely fantastic and I'd love to be in on this! Where should I apply? Do I simply post my character sheet to the appropriate thread, or would you rather I PM it to you for approval? I do also have a couple questions about some backstory stuff for my character, should that be PMed as well?

Go ahead and post it in the CS thread.

If you have questions, feel free to pm me, discuss in the ooc, discord, or whichever you feel comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back