• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon GX Quest

QuirkyAngel

White Masquerade's Blue Oni
A simple pokemon journey through a school setting. It’s my first time trying to make a quest and I’ve decided to take the setting of my Pokemon GX rp to do so. You don’t need to know anything about Pokemon GX to participate as this quest is a simple stand-alone, side-story story of one of its many students. You’ll get the chance to build the character’s team from scratch, battle through the exams, earn points, and lead the character through their pokemon education in RBY Institute.

So, without further ado…
The Pokemon GX Quest
Chapter 1: Restart

There is a small, green creature floating in front of you—peering at you with large, doe-like eyes. You don’t know what it is, but clear wings on its back make you think it’s a fairy of some sort. You try to reach out towards it, but playfully dodges you. It lifts its head as voices you don’t recognize sound through the darkness.

“How is the transfer student?”

“Sleeping. Excluding a bump on the head, and some scratches here and there, there aren’t any fatal injuries that I can see… ”

An exasperated sigh. “You do realize you’d be held accountable if anything happens to the student, don’t you Dr. Hawthorne? How could you lose control of the Rhyhorn like that?”

The mumbled reply was too soft for you to hear. You turn back to the fairy to see that it drifting away. Or rather, you were the one drifting away. It was as if the ground beneath you was moving of its own accord, carrying you further from the fairy. You try to run forward, but you quickly realize you can no longer move. Your limbs are like lead.

“Oh! It looks like the student is finally waking up.” There was relief in Dr. Hawthorne’s tone.

***​

You blink your eyes open to see two faces looking down on you.

21c1199473e1417a6cafb825ed595a4c.jpg
7ea87072cbf3823de0b8dd6d22dda5fb--anime-guy-with-brown-hair-anime-boy-red-eyes.jpg

One, a pretty blonde woman. The other, a male brunette. Both wore glasses, which seemed to reflect a bit of light off the lens, causing you to squint. Your hands automatically move up to rub your eyes. “Where am I?”

Your voice sounds foreign to you. But maybe that’s because your mind has yet to fully return to the present.

“You are in my Pokemon Lab.” It was the blonde woman that answered. "How are you feeling?"

You don't answer, too confused at the moment. Instead, you look around you to see that you are on a blue, stretcher-like bed. The room you are in has four white walls, tiled floors, a desk, and two shelves laden with pokeballs. However, it’s the light shining through the open window beside your bed that draws your attention. You are on a cliff, hanging over a beautiful, sandy beach. Beyond that a shimmering sea. Ocean. Whatever.

“I’m Professor Yew,” The blonde woman introduced. “And this is my assistant and fellow researcher, Dr. Hawthorne.”

The brunette smiles warmly at you. “I’m glad you appear to be alright. That TACKLE looked like it had really hurt.”

“Appearances can be deceiving, Dr. Hawthorne,” Professor Yew corrected before turning back towards you. “Please allow me to run some basic tests to ensure that your memory hasn’t been too heavily impacted by Rhyhorn’s attack.” She continued before you could give your assent. “Without looking, or touching yourself, can you tell me whether you are male or female?”

Options
  1. Male. Duh. Look at these muscles.
  2. How could anyone as lovely as you be anything but a female?
  3. You touch yourself
The voting will close 24 hours from the start of the post. Please cast all votes here.

(People that might be interested: Lucem Lucem , Theo713 Theo713 , hosaki hosaki , GasMaskie GasMaskie , clarinetti clarinetti , OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi )

Last edited:
“Male,” You answer without any hesitation. Your mind isn’t so scrambled that you don’t know that at least. You were born a guy. Your parents gave you a male name. You have…it…between your legs.

“Correct. It’s good to see that your mind hasn’t been so heavily impacted that you haven’t forgotten your sex.”

You raise an eyebrow. Professor Yew speaks in such a straightforward and factual manner, you wonder if it’s actually normal to forget something as important as your gender after receiving a rhyhorn’s TACKLE attack. You don’t think so. But then again, you aren’t a pokemon expert. Or a health professional. She gives you a handheld mirror, which you automatically take. You peer into the reflective glass.
03998ce4f61eaa060be0c79a59d429d3--anime-boy-hair-hot-anime-boy.jpg

Brown hair. Gray eyes. A decent looking boy, if you do say so yourself.

“If you are done admiring yourself, the questions will get a bit more serious. “

Was she not serious before? You can’t tell because Professor Yew’s expression is like marble. Cold and unreadable. You have no idea what she is thinking and that makes you nervous—like you’re being tested. Dr. Hawthorne gives you an understanding look.

“Please tell me your name and why you’ve come to RBY Island.”

Ten names were randomly generated from a name generator
  1. “My name is Dallas Nash. I’ve come to become a pokemon Master like the founders of RBY Institute! The best that ever was!”
  2. “My name is Delbert Sherman. I’ve come to learn about pokemon. That's it.”
  3. “I’m Nick Rose. I was personally invited by Professor Victor to join the Articuno Dormitory.
  4. Brendan Pittman is the name. Pokemon battling is my game.”
  5. “My name is Dominic Pratt. I don’t really want to be here, but my parents forced me to attend.”
  6. “I’m Warren Figueroa. I transferred here because all my pokemon trainer friends recommended this school.”
  7. “My name is Clark Riley. I recruited by scouts from the Moltres Dormitory and thought why not? RBY Institute is pretty famous.”
  8. Jean Hampton. I want to be famous.”
  9. “My name is Sheldon Maldonado. A scout from the Zapdos Dormitory read my paper on Ancient Pokemon Theory and approved my transfer.
  10. Damon Schmidt. It’s none of your business why I came here. Just give me my first pokemon so we can get going already.”
  11. Write-in. Include your desired name and reason for transferring to RBY Institute...or just a response to Professor Yew :coolshades:

Why? Professor Yew’s words trigger a memory within you. The smug image of a black haired elementary school girl floats in your mind:

anime-kawaii-chibi-anime-girl-Favim.com-4221362.png
She is the reason you’ve decided to Transfer to RBY Institute. Cute, isn’t she? Smart. Athletic. Most popular girl in your hometown. Only you know her true face. She and her merry band of friends like to cause mischief. You, unfortunately, happened to find out about it. Since then, she has made your elementary life HELL. Every act of thievery, vandalism, or trouble-making mischief done by her little group was blamed on you. She turned the adults against you. The kids against you. Heck, even the neighborhood growlith barks at you whenever you turn the corner towards school.

You couldn’t do anything to her. Why? Her parents are celebrities. Members of the Elite Four of your region and extremely talented pokemon trainers. She is expected to follow in their footsteps. She even has that blasted Raichu protecting her wherever she goes. You remember her words clearly:

“Someone as pathetic as you can never be a pokemon trainer.”

Even now her words drive something deep into the core of your being. Never? You decided to prove her wrong. You would become a pokemon trainer. Not only that. You would be the best. The best of the best. Then, in a large stadium, in front of thousands of people coming to watch her in the Pokemon League, you would defeat her in a pokemon battle. You would beat her at her own game; humiliate her in front of her parents, teachers, and all her friends.

That would be your revenge.

"Charles Belmont, though everyone just calls me Char. I guess I thought it'd be fun." The lie flows easily through your lips.

You transferred to RBY Institute of Pokemon Education because you hear from the neighborhood kids that this is where she currently attends. You don’t know what year she is in. You don’t even know what she looks like now. However, you can never forget the name of your hated enemy—Garnet Larson (name randomly generated). You’ve come to obtain your revenge, though Professor Yew doesn’t need to know that.

Professor Yew studies you for a moment, then nods. You feel like she can see straight through your lie, but you have no idea why. Your deception is perfect. “Next question. Tell me your—,”

“Alright-y. I think that’s enough questioning, Professor Yew.” Dr. Hawthorne intervenes, saving you from further interrogation. “ It’s probably safe to say that Char’s memory is perfectly fine.”

The doctor holds a tray out to you. On it, you see a red device and six small pokeballs.

“This is the RBY Island PokeDex. It contains information on all pokemon that can be found on this island, as well as some others in our school database. Designed by our very own students in the Zapdos Dormitory, and constantly updated, it also has many, many other functions, but it primarily serves as your Student ID while on RBY Island. You can’t attend classes without it.”

You’ve Obtained some Items from Dr. Hawthorne!

• PokeDex
  • 6 pokeballs

Charles’s Character Sheet.

All items you’ve gained during the Quest will be stored in Char’s Character sheet which can be found here: Pokemon GX Quest - Char's Character Sheet. This sheet will constantly be updated as Char catches new pokemon, finds more items, obtains rewards, discovers more about himself, etc. It’s also accessible via looking in the PokeDex.

You take the items offered to you, treating the PokeDex with utmost care. Attending classes is probably important. “Now what?”

“That’s up to you, Mr. Belmont.” Professor Yew replies nonchalantly. “ We aren’t here to hold your hand at this school.”

Options:
  1. You check out your pokedex. It probably contains some helpful information about the school and what to do next.
  2. You just want to get your first pokemon already. You’ll learn as you go along.

Please cast all votes here.

Last edited:
Alrighty. Looks like the teach isn't going to tell you what to do. That's fine. You're a pokemon trainer now. You don't need a teacher to hold your hand. You hold up your newly acquired pokedex and fiddle around a bit until you find the power button.

1530820327335.png

It looks to be some sort of phone or PDA. You take a moment to admire it's sleek modern features. All pokemon trainers have one. It's proof that you're a pokemon trainer. Catching a pokemon without one is considered poaching and is a crime. Nowadays, the only way to get one is at some sort of Pokemon Training School. There used to be a time when Pokemon Professors would give them out freely to 10-year-olds starting their pokemon journey.

All ancient history now.

New laws have been put in place for the protection of children and pokemon. A unanimous decision made by the leaders of every region. You don't know the specifics. Pokemon World History isn't exactly your forte. Maybe it's something you'd learn once you start attending classes. Regardless. Your goal for attending this school is to get revenge on a childhood nemesis, Garnet Larson. That's all you should be focused on.

Browsing through the pokedex you see a lot information. Information about yourself, the school, points...you do a double-take as you stare at the top corner of the screen where your picture is displayed. Points? What are points? You also see that your are labeled as a Moltres Student...whatever that means.

"You seem to be a little confused, Mr. Belmont. If you have any questions about what you're reading, feel free to ask."

You look at Professor Yew incredulously.That wasn't what she had said before.

"It's natural to be confused,"
Dr. Hawthorne added. "RBY is a private school and a fairly competitive one at that. Not much about how the school works is known to the public. That's what the Orientation is for. "

"However, since you're a transfer student, you'll have to go through different procedures than the ones who have enrolled normally."

That's hardly your fault, you think. However, instead of voice your thoughts, you peer into your pokedex.

What do you want to look up first?

1. Information about RBY's Point System.
2. Information about RBY's Dormitories.
3. Information about yourself. So you can correct any mistakes the school might've made.
4. Close the pokedex and just ask the professors what you want to know. (Write-in)

You take a closer look at the information about yourself, curious about what the school has to say about you and intent on correcting any mistakes that might've been made in your identification. What if they'd misspelled your name? Your hometown? Gotten your age wrong? Such mistakes could be hugely detrimental for your school life in the long run--or so you think. Anyway, reading through the information, you find that...

1. Everything looks good! We're ready to move on.
2. My god! The school's made so many mistakes about you, you don't even know where to begin! *if this is chosen please include changes you want to make to Charles's bio/basic information*

Please cast votes here.

You close your pokedex with a nod, content with the information you find there. Slipping the red device into your, you recall your purpose for biking all the way up that damn cliff in the first place. RBY’s pokemon lab had been your goal. Getting knocked out hadn’t been part of the plan, but, well, nothing you can do about that now.

“Can I get my first pokemon now?”

“You may. I’ve other business to attend to, but I’m sure Dr. Hawthorne would be happy to show you were the starter pokemon for transfer students are kept.”

“Of course!”

You follow Dr. Hawthorne to a different room. The room looks less cozy than the one you were previously in. There is no furniture as far as you can see. Instead, the room seems to be surrounded by computers, monitors, and other lab do-dads that you can’t possibly hope to comprehend. At the center of the room is what appears to be a mechanical cart where three pokeballs can be found. Dr. Hawthorne presses a couple buttons on the side of the cart before reaching down and taking the one in the center.

“As you probably know, pokemon trainers just starting out traditionally get to chose between three starter pokemon to begin their schooling. Depending on the school you choose to attend, the pokemon will typically vary. RBY Institute is a bit different. Most regularly enrolled students are required to bring their own starter to RBY Island. It’s part of the enrollment process. We don’t just hand pokemon to students that can’t catch one on their own. However, you’re a special case since you’ve come recommended by professor Oak.” Hawthorne smiled. “We’re expecting great things from you, Charles . That said, I’d like to introduce to the first of your potential partners—,”

CRASH!

Dr. Hawthorne jumped, taking a step back as a gray rhinoceros-like creature barreled through the double doors. Rhyhorn! The very same pokemon that had knocked you out with a surprise tackle was back—and it seemed ready for another round. Deadly horn pointed at you, the pokemon snorted as it grinds its foreleg against the floor, preparing to charge.

1543535384131.png

Dr. Hawthorne looks to you.

What do you do?
  1. Take up the challenge! Grab the pokeball out of Dr. Hawethorne’s hand and toss it out as you prepare for your first pokemon battle. No way you're getting knocked out again.
  2. Take up the challenge! You dive towards the right-most pokeball on the cart, like a seasoned student of Moltres, and toss it out as you prepare for your first pokemon battle.
  3. Take up the challenge! You dive towards the left-most pokeball on the cart like a seasoned student of Moltres and toss it out as you prepare for your first pokemon battle.
  4. You try to talk to the Rhyhorn. There must be a reason why it’s mad, right?
  5. You look back blankly at Dr. Hawthorne. He’s the teacher, not you. Obviously he knows what’s best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back